PDA

View Full Version : Clinton praise for McCain..Obama..not so much

Trigg
09-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't get the idea that all is happy in dem land between the Clintons and Obama.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2008/09/19/bill_clinton_heaps_praise_on_sarah_palin_john_mcca in_barack_obama_not_so_much

Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska is "an instinctively effective candidate" with a "compelling story", according to former president Bill Clinton. "I think it was exciting to some, that she was a woman," he continued, warming to his theme in an interview with CNBC's Maria Bartiromo,

"It was exciting that she was from Alaska. It was exciting that she's sort of like the person she is. And she grew up in a, came up in a political culture and a religious culture that is probably well to the right of the American centre. But she didn't basically define herself in those terms.

"She handled herself very well. I get why she's done so well. She, she's, it's a mistake to underestimate her. She's got good intuitive skills. They're significant."

Hmm. Hardly the Obama campaign's talking points, though at least he didn't describe her as "cute".

So what about John McCain?

Clinton said: "I've never concealed my admiration and affection for Senator McCain. I think he's a great man."

Got that? Admirable, likeable, marked with greatness. Don't expect to see that in an Obama ad any time soon.