PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Order!

Kathianne
09-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll admit it, I eat here (http://www.cozymels.com/store_wheaton_dinner.htm) often, it's 5 minutes from my house. Great food, atmosphere and service. They don't have a problem with a table of 1. They provide wifi, not to mention could care less if I'm reading a book. Indeed, they will go out of their way to give me a seat with direct overhead lighting. On my own I usually skip any appetizers, since I can't eat all that by myself.

Tonight I'm going as one in a party of 30. I just called my friend, the birthday girl. I asked her, how are we doing this? Split the bill? Everyone pays their own? She said that usually we just split. She said some order appetizers, some soup, etc. So, what should I order beyond my normal entrees? It's not related to costs, I really would like to taste some of these that I've thought sounded yummy, but didn't have anyone to share with. I'll offer to pay 'extra', meaning my share, but which would you choose?

Normal Favorites:

Oscar’s Extravaganza
A delicious combination plate featuring a Chile Relleno Tradicional topped with ranchero sauce, one chicken enchilada with poblano sauce and one soft chicken taco with rice and refritos 13.99

Chicken Mole Enchiladas
Three grilled chicken and cheese enchiladas topped with a deliciously rich pecan mole sauce, served with rice and tossed greens 12.99

Enchiladas Santana
Shredded chicken, roasted pork and shredded beef layered between fresh corn tortillas then topped with ancho sauce, creamy poblano sauce and verde sauce. Served with refritos and rice 12.99

Create your own combination from the choices listed:
Select 3 items 10.99

Handmade Tacos — soft flour or crispy corn
Shredded Chicken, Shredded Beef, Spicy Beef Picadillo or Roasted Pork

Handmade Pork Tamale with Ancho Chile Sauce

Chicken Flauta hand-rolled with cheese and pecans

Rolled Enchiladas
Chicken with creamy Poblano Sauce
Beef with Ancho Chile Sauce
Roasted Pork with Spicy Verde Sauce
Beef Picadillo with Queso
Cheese-Onion with Ranchero Sauce

Here's my choices regarding appetizers, I already know I'm order this drink, keep in mind I intend to share the appetizers, though not the Mojito :laugh2::

Raspberry Mojito 9-
Cruzan Raspberry Rum, fresh raspberry, lime, mint and sugar with a splash of soda.

Queso Flameado
Creamy Cancún and poblano sauces, mushrooms,
onions, peppers, melted cheese, and cilantro pecan
pesto flamed tableside
with Chicken 8.50
with Shrimp 8.99

Traditional Sampler

Chicken nachos, spinach-mushroom quesadilla with onions and peppers and
crispy chicken flautas hand-rolled with cheese and pecans. Served with guacamole,
jalapeños, pico de gallo and sour cream 11.99

Chicken Flautas
Chicken, pecans and cheese rolled in corn tortillas
and served with chile con queso, guacamole and
sour cream 7.99

Quesadillas
Stuffed with mushrooms, red onions, poblano peppers
and cheese. Served with guacamole, sour cream and
pico de gallo
Fajita Chicken 8.99
Fajita Beef 8.99
Spinach 8.99

crin63
09-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Go with the chicken quesadillas. They are easy to eat while conversing and not to messy. Go with the chicken because some people don't eat beef but will eat chicken.

My 2 cents!

Kathianne
09-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Go with the chicken quesadillas. They are easy to eat while conversing and not to messy. Go with the chicken because some people don't eat beef but will eat chicken.

My 2 cents!

I'm heading that way! Umm. Yet, would like to work in shrimp or scallops. I'm very partial to fish, or beef when I'm 'out.' I eat so much chicken at home!

I'm on a pretty strict diet regarding day-to-day, but go off when eating out, as long as not too close together.

crin63
09-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm heading that way! Umm. Yet, would like to work in shrimp or scallops. I'm very partial to fish, or beef when I'm 'out.' I eat so much chicken at home!

I'm on a pretty strict diet regarding day-to-day, but go off when eating out, as long as not too close together.

I pretty much live on chicken so I treat myself to nice steak every once in a while.

I don't much care for seafood but when I am coerced into getting seafood I love New England style Clam Chowder and shark.

Kathianne
09-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I pretty much live on chicken so I treat myself to nice steak every once in a while.

I don't much care for seafood but when I am coerced into getting seafood I love New England style Clam Chowder and shark.

We'd eat out nicely, I'll take a bite of your filet, you'll take a bite of my lobster. LOL! Neither have 'low cost' taste. ;)

Seriously, if not for health reasons, my favorite protein is fish. Then beef, then chicken. I like them all. Beef is where I'm picky, I'll eat a well marinated angus sirloin, anything less than that goes in crock pot. I really am a lazy chewer. I really do not like strip steaks for instance.

Regarding chicken, I love wings, but don't eat them anymore. Seems they have the highest fat content of the chicken, meaning cholesterol. I was blown away by that, while always a white meat person, thought the wings were my best choice and white meat, satisfying, yet little intake. Wrong I was.

Fish, well other than being a polluted choice, seems one can't fail here. Lucky for me, I love the high omega 3 fish. ;)

Binky
10-04-2008, 01:16 PM

Chicken, turkey and shrimp are my favorites. I'm not into fish or other seafood. I will eat beef and pork on occasion. I can't get into clams and stuff like that. Yuck!

Binky
10-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I'll admit it, I eat here (http://www.cozymels.com/store_wheaton_dinner.htm) often, it's 5 minutes from my house. Great food, atmosphere and service. They don't have a problem with a table of 1. They provide wifi, not to mention could care less if I'm reading a book. Indeed, they will go out of their way to give me a seat with direct overhead lighting. On my own I usually skip any appetizers, since I can't eat all that by myself.

Tonight I'm going as one in a party of 30. I just called my friend, the birthday girl. I asked her, how are we doing this? Split the bill? Everyone pays their own? She said that usually we just split. She said some order appetizers, some soup, etc. So, what should I order beyond my normal entrees? It's not related to costs, I really would like to taste some of these that I've thought sounded yummy, but didn't have anyone to share with. I'll offer to pay 'extra', meaning my share, but which would you choose?

Normal Favorites:

Oscar’s Extravaganza
A delicious combination plate featuring a Chile Relleno Tradicional topped with ranchero sauce, one chicken enchilada with poblano sauce and one soft chicken taco with rice and refritos 13.99

Chicken Mole Enchiladas
Three grilled chicken and cheese enchiladas topped with a deliciously rich pecan mole sauce, served with rice and tossed greens 12.99

Enchiladas Santana
Shredded chicken, roasted pork and shredded beef layered between fresh corn tortillas then topped with ancho sauce, creamy poblano sauce and verde sauce. Served with refritos and rice 12.99

Create your own combination from the choices listed:
Select 3 items 10.99

Handmade Tacos — soft flour or crispy corn
Shredded Chicken, Shredded Beef, Spicy Beef Picadillo or Roasted Pork

Handmade Pork Tamale with Ancho Chile Sauce

Chicken Flauta hand-rolled with cheese and pecans

Rolled Enchiladas
Chicken with creamy Poblano Sauce
Beef with Ancho Chile Sauce
Roasted Pork with Spicy Verde Sauce
Beef Picadillo with Queso
Cheese-Onion with Ranchero Sauce

Here's my choices regarding appetizers, I already know I'm order this drink, keep in mind I intend to share the appetizers, though not the Mojito :laugh2::

Raspberry Mojito 9-
Cruzan Raspberry Rum, fresh raspberry, lime, mint and sugar with a splash of soda.

Queso Flameado
Creamy Cancún and poblano sauces, mushrooms,
onions, peppers, melted cheese, and cilantro pecan
pesto flamed tableside
with Chicken 8.50
with Shrimp 8.99

Traditional Sampler

Chicken nachos, spinach-mushroom quesadilla with onions and peppers and
crispy chicken flautas hand-rolled with cheese and pecans. Served with guacamole,
jalapeños, pico de gallo and sour cream 11.99

Chicken Flautas
Chicken, pecans and cheese rolled in corn tortillas
and served with chile con queso, guacamole and
sour cream 7.99

Quesadillas
Stuffed with mushrooms, red onions, poblano peppers
and cheese. Served with guacamole, sour cream and
pico de gallo
Fajita Chicken 8.99
Fajita Beef 8.99
Spinach 8.99

While it all sounds heavenly to me, I don't think my tummy could withstand the hot and spicy ingredients. The chicken and pecas dish sounds good. But a shrimp dish would be great as well.

Have fun!

Abbey Marie
10-04-2008, 11:04 PM
We'd eat out nicely, I'll take a bite of your filet, you'll take a bite of my lobster. LOL! Neither have 'low cost' taste. ;)

If someone took a bite of my lobster, they would pull back a bloody stump in place of a hand.

:coffee:

Oh, and the Queso Flameado with shrimp sounds great!

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 03:59 AM
If someone took a bite of my lobster, they would pull back a bloody stump in place of a hand.

:coffee:

Oh, and the Queso Flameado with shrimp sounds great!

Oh if it were a 'lobster dinner' I'm right there too! :laugh2: On the other hand, when it's one of the ingredients in Mexican or Chinese, I'm better at sharing, you did notice, 'a bite'? ;)

Funny story, though coming from the East, prices may be different for you. Back in '05, my mom died in Sept., so it must have been in November, I was getting the house ready for the holidays. I rented a steam machine and did all the carpets, including the stairs, (I have a colonial town home, lots of stairs!) My dad was not well enough to help and all the kids were at school. So I spent the weekend moving furniture from one room to another and back.

I finally finished around 2:30 p.m. and was sitting at the kitchen table when my dad came in and said, "Go shower and get on something nice." I looked at him like he'd lost it. I could see he wanted to go out and he'd been so depressed, I said, "Where do you want to go?" He replied, "Just do it, it's a surprise." So I did.

Well seems he'd thought of my mom's all time favorite Lobster House, about 45 minutes from here. We used to go there about 3 times a year, always Mother's Day, all the years we were growing up. I think my folks went there more often after my brother and I moved out, until they moved to FL. With my mom sick, I don't think my dad thought of taking her that far for dinner, when they could go out, they usually went to the Outback around here.

Well I digressed, we both ordered the Queen Sized Live Lobsters, he coffee, myself a glass of wine and that was it. His appetite wasn't what it used to be, I really was too tired to think about appetizers and such. The lobster was excellent. They brought the bill and for the first time ever, I saw my father's eyes pop out, then he laughed. I said, "Let me see!" The bill was about $200. I looked at him and he said, "For that and a bit more, I could have hired a rug service and cleaning service and called for a pizza. I should have known, your mother was always an expensive date. I just got used to it."

emmett
10-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Chicken Flautas (Emmett licks his lips) Yummy! 7.99 Yummy!