PDA

View Full Version : We're back........ 6 and a half days later..........

Trinity
09-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks to the Ohio Hurricane we have been without power for 6 and a half days....talk about hell.....I am so sick of fast food at this point it is not even funny. We finally broke down yesterday and went to some friends to take showers after taking cold sponge baths all week.

But finally today the electric is back on :dance: and now I have like 10 loads of laundry to catch up on!

jackass
09-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear all is ok! :)

Trigg
09-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks to the Ohio Hurricane we have been without power for 6 and a half days....talk about hell.....I am so sick of fast food at this point it is not even funny. We finally broke down yesterday and went to some friends to take showers after taking cold sponge baths all week.

But finally today the electric is back on :dance: and now I have like 10 loads of laundry to catch up on!

Sorry you had to go through all that, do you at least have a generator????

It's not a bad thing to have, even if it just saves you from loosing your frozen food next time.

gabosaurus
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Some on the Texas Gulf Coast still don't have power. It is amazing that a storm can be powerful enough to wreak havoc throughout the country.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2008, 01:29 PM
On that note, I think it would be great of we all gave what we can to the Red Cross. I am looking into volunteering, but I am sure they need a lot of financial support as well.

Trinity
09-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry you had to go through all that, do you at least have a generator????

It's not a bad thing to have, even if it just saves you from loosing your frozen food next time.

No but it's on the list of things to get.........what sucks was i had just spent about $120.00 at the grocery store on Saturday and had to throw most of it away then turned around and spent $200.00 - $250.00 to feed everyone for an entire week of takeout. Not counting car chargers I had to buy to charge my cell phone so I would have an alarm to get up for work in the morning.

krisy
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
We still don't have power at work. It's getting old working at 7 a.m. in the dark.

I still can't believe Ohio had hurricane force winds. One million people in this area alone with no power.Last week was crazy....mobbed gas stations,closed schools and groceries,and an energy company that wasn't ready!!!!!

krisy
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
hi aunt kam.....its savannah

:dance::clap::coffee:

Gaffer
09-22-2008, 09:23 PM
hi aunt kam.....its savannah

:dance::clap::coffee:

Vanna was busy tonight. She needs to get on earlier.