PDA

View Full Version : 7 1/2 Years Of Bush

Mr. P
09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
By e-mail...Some forgotten facts and a dose of reality.

TO ALL MY FRIENDS....LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE........FYI only. George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine. A little over one year ago: 1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high; 2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%. 4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 + 5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR: 1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ; 2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!; 3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase); 4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping; 5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure. 6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low. $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS! YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS. AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!! JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

bikersrights
09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
WHEN THE DOW TOPPED 14000 IN JULY 2007, THE SEEDS OF OUR DEMISE WERE ALREADY PLANTED

In Reply to the "George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine..." BS:

Yes, Mental Midgets,

The DJIA *did* top 14000 in July 2007...

Washingtontimes[dot]com/news/2007/jul/20/dow-jones-breaks-14000-mark/

...and as this 07-20-2007 article predicted, the seeds of our demise were ALREADY PLANTED:

"...but the Dow swept aside potential obstacles such as bad news on subprime mortgages and near-record oil prices to get there.... The Dow has made its impressive ascent into record territory despite threats of recession, higher inflation, record-high gasoline prices, a drop in earnings growth, a collapse in the housing market, a meltdown in the subprime market, a record-low dollar, and other troubles that might have posed unsurmountable stumbling blocks in previous years."

LIKE CHAINMAILS, DO YA? THEN BE SURE TO PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR IDIOT FRIENDS WHO VOTED FOR DUBYA ... TWICE.

Bruce Arnold
BikersRights.LdrLongDistanceRider.com

P.S. Republicans, don't feel too bad. After all, the only difference between modern Democrats and modern Republicans is that Democrats TAX AND SPEND, leaving us with less money, while Republicans BORROW AND SPEND, leaving our money worth less. And after last week ... a HELLUVA lot less!

April15
09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
These last 7 plus years are the worst of my life, matched only by the 80's. I keep appologizing to my kids and grand children that the country I grew up in has been taken.

Kathianne
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
These last 7 plus years are the worst of my life, matched only by the 80's. I keep appologizing to my kids and grand children that the country I grew up in has been taken.

and that is called one man's experience or opinion.

Mr. P
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
WHEN THE DOW TOPPED 14000 IN JULY 2007, THE SEEDS OF OUR DEMISE WERE ALREADY PLANTED

In Reply to the "George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine..." BS:

Yes, Mental Midgets,

The DJIA *did* top 14000 in July 2007...

Washingtontimes[dot]com/news/2007/jul/20/dow-jones-breaks-14000-mark/

...and as this 07-20-2007 article predicted, the seeds of our demise were ALREADY PLANTED:

"...but the Dow swept aside potential obstacles such as bad news on subprime mortgages and near-record oil prices to get there.... The Dow has made its impressive ascent into record territory despite threats of recession, higher inflation, record-high gasoline prices, a drop in earnings growth, a collapse in the housing market, a meltdown in the subprime market, a record-low dollar, and other troubles that might have posed unsurmountable stumbling blocks in previous years."

LIKE CHAINMAILS, DO YA? THEN BE SURE TO PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR IDIOT FRIENDS WHO VOTED FOR DUBYA ... TWICE.

Bruce Arnold
BikersRights.LdrLongDistanceRider.com

P.S. Republicans, don't feel too bad. After all, the only difference between modern Democrats and modern Republicans is that Democrats TAX AND SPEND, leaving us with less money, while Republicans BORROW AND SPEND, leaving our money worth less. And after last week ... a HELLUVA lot less!

I hate chain mail...gotta point?

April15
09-21-2008, 07:42 PM
and that is called one man's experience or opinion.Yes it is!