PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Rained Out!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-21-2008, 04:12 AM
What a bummer!!!!!!! No sprint cars for over 200 miles from here tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

gabosaurus
09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Why can't they race in the rain?

Mr. P
09-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Really! It's always more fun in the mud!

Psychoblues
09-23-2008, 05:27 PM
I feel like you asked the question honestly, gabby, so I'll give you an equally honest answer.

The sprint cars that I a am speaking of in this case are dirt track winged warriors. They have no windshields and are not designed for wet slick mud track racing. We do like for a track to have some moisture in it for gripping purposes but some like very dry tracks because they are generally faster than the moist ones. If you know who the World of Outlaws are, then take a look at their website and see what a sprint cat looks like. They are tremendously exciting, expensive and require great skill and physical strength to drive.

When it rains the drivers can't see where they are going, the track becomes entirely too slick and unpredictable and most of us don't like to see all the expensive machinery getting torn up outside credible racing circumstances, if you know what I mean. Another reason not to race on mud/rain with sprint cars is that they tend to throw a lot of mud/dirt and we have had people injured very badly by flying clumps of mud and dirt. That is certainly not what serious race fans go to see or become victimized by!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite dirt track bylines, however, is "If you don't have dirt in your beer, you're not at a real race track!!!!!!!!" As I have described here before, I never drink beer/alcohol of any sort at a race track but there are certainly a number of fans that do!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the question, gabby. I hope I have it cleared up for you!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: