PDA

View Full Version : Is the Left losing its mind over Sarah Palin?

Little-Acorn
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Hysterical accusations against Alaska governor Sarah Palin have been flying since the day John McCain announced he had selected her as his vice-presidential running mate. Indeed, some of the most bizarre things ever said about any candidate for major office, came out even before most people even began learning her record, personality etc. The only thing these rants have in common, is the utter lack of evidence produced to support them, and a blind eye turned to people who repeatedly debunk them. Yet on they come, a neverending parade of desperation and paranoia.

The left is plainly running scared. Possibly more scared than they have ever been. Will they be able to pull themselves together enough to at least run a coherent campaign? Or will they simply keep shaking and spewing desperate lies about her and McCain, hoping that someone will believe them in time to affect the ouutcome of the election?

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/22/breitbart-enough-is-enough-is-enough/

BREITBART: Enough is enough

Andrew Breitbart
Monday, September 22, 2008
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

With George Bush off the front pages for much of the last few months, the political pathology known as Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) took an unexpected summer hiatus.

BDS sufferers - liberal Democrats seething over successive presidential election losses and hamstrung by a Republican president confidently wielding wartime authority - failed to transfer their enmity to Sen. John McCain, largely because they couldn't bust his "maverick" brand, but to a larger extent because they assumed Sen. Barack Obama was going to win in a laugher.

That presumption ended when Mr. McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. Before Charlie Gibson could even grill the Alaska governor over her "hubris" in accepting Mr. McCain's historic invitation, the raw rage that focused for eight years on the 43rd president of the United States transferred in a flash to a former "Miss Congeniality" and Anchorage suburban mother of five who immediately swung the momentum to Mr. McCain's side.

Palin Derangement Syndrome, a more irrational variant of the Bush contagion, doesn't require sufferers to know anything about the subject of their hatred. Anonymous, unsourced rumors fuel the fire (book banning, speaking in tongues, creationism, etc.). Lovely family photos hacked from a personal e-mail account displayed on commercial Web sites push more buttons. Asterisks from Mrs. Palin's biographical sketch - "moose hunter," "small-town mayor," "wife of champion snow machine racer" - cause excessive sweating and irregular heartbeats. She even fired a guy who Tased a 10-year-old. (Oh wait, she didn't.)

What will happen when they find out she shops at Wal-Mart?

Predictably, the celebrity left - ridiculous enough to form a strong opinion based on unreliable data points and narcissistic enough to broadcast it - has taken to stage, television, newsprint and blogs to express its extreme ire at the Thrilla from Wasilla.

Sandra Bernhard celebrated the 20th anniversary of her career-ending one-woman show, "Without You I'm Nothing," warning that if Mrs. Palin were to go to Manhattan she'd be "gang-raped by [her] big black brothers." The lipstick-on-a-pig lesbian also called Mrs. Palin a "bitch" and an "Uncle Woman."

Joyless niche comedian Margaret Cho blogged, "She is evil," fantasized about having hateful sex with Mrs. Palin and attacked a multitude of her supporters: "If you were truly Christians, you would let gays get married, and send them #$%ng presents from Bed Bath and Beyond!"

Everything-aholic Lindsay Lohan ("Mean Girls") joined the Sapphic pile-on by issuing a joint diatribe with her putative partner, disc jockey Samantha Ronson: "Is our country so divided that the Republicans' best hope is a narrow-minded, media-obsessed homophobe?"

"Media obsessed?" Those cameras follow Mrs. Palin because she's running for vice president. Not because she's going to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf - like some people we know.

Not since Rosie O'Donnell & Co. manhandled Elizabeth Hasselbeck weekdays on "The View" have liberals been so gleeful to watch a bitter lesbian tear down a confident and beautiful conservative Republican woman. Unresolved high school lust and angst at well-adjusted cheerleaders and popular prom queens should be left for medical professionals, not for midmorning television gabfests.

For many, gay marriage is a key issue.

Yet none of these gilded-ghetto living haters point out that their savior, Mr. Obama, stands against gay marriage, too. Is that change Melissa Etheridge can believe in?

Like President Clinton, who supported regressive anti-gay-rights legislation such as "don't ask, don't tell" and the Defense of Marriage Act, Mr. Obama gets a massive pass from the activist gay left and their stenographers in the mainstream media.

The never-reported political reality is that both Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama understand that key components of the Democratic Party - the black and Hispanic blocs - hold views that Brad Pitt would deem "homophobic."

For these minority groups, and for many other religious Democrats, gay marriage is a nonstarter.

Yet liberal celebrities and activist journalists never hurl epithets at these coddled groups no matter how retrograde their ideas. President Bush correctly pegged this phenomenon as "the soft bigotry of lowered expectations." Political correctness, the rigging of politics using different rules for different groups, and buttressed by the media, ensures that Democrats always have the upper hand.

Clumsy on her lesbian training wheels, Miss Lohan and Miss Cho, Miss Bernhard and Miss O'Donnell, are granted immunity for their outrageous rhetoric because they are party girls - Democrats through and through - and creatures of the media. And because of this protection racket, none will be forced to attend sensitivity training for crossing the line last week against Mrs. Palin.

It's also why few will know that the Alaska governor vetoed legislation that would have prevented gays from getting marriagelike benefits. It's also why the media made Republicans Mark Foley and Larry Craig the butts of jokes that would be considered homophobic if hurled at liberal Democrats.

Not since the drubbing of Clarence Thomas during his 1991 Supreme Court confirmation hearings have liberals in Hollywood and the elite media so openly conspired to deny a minority the right to free thought and free expression of political ideals. Now Sarah Palin is exposing the Democratic Media Complex to a new generation, many of them open-minded women.

Perhaps if he wins in November, the eminently tolerant John McCain will pick an openly gay person to serve high in his administration.

That's when the real Democratic Party derangement will begin.

• Andrew Breitbart is the founder of the news Web site breitbart.com

Silver
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Every word of that article is right on the money....it shows just how fuckin' sick the left is...how sick and desperate the Democrats are...and how absolutely dangerous they are to this country.....

krisy
09-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Let me start off by saying,Sandra Bernhardt is the ugliest woman(?) I have ever seen.......sorry had to be said.

I was just telling my husband last night that I don't remember a politician that has been devoured by the media and the Democrats (same thing) the way Sarah Palin has. Such vile,especially from people like the hags at the View. talk about your disrespectful assholes. If you want to be taken seriously as a "journalist",then act like a real one....no bias.

I think she has been fabulous through it. The Democrats know that someone must like her,or McCain would not be getting the numbers he is. Let them go,they are just making themselves look like fools ...childish fools.

namvet
09-23-2008, 08:34 AM
she came in as an Independent. that's what scares em.

diuretic
09-24-2008, 04:04 AM
Sarah's toast. Bad blue there by the McCain camp.

mundame
09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Sarah's toast. Bad blue there by the McCain camp.

Yeah, people figured it out. She's pig-ignorant and she's likely to have control of our nuclear codes? Hoooooo, boy.

red states rule
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, people figured it out. She's pig-ignorant and she's likely to have control of our nuclear codes? Hoooooo, boy.

I do love to see the liberal feminists betray everything they have said for the 40 years about women - all for political reasons

The Hilarys babes are going over the deep end watching their dreams of the first women VP being a Dem go up in smoke

mundame
09-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I do love to see the liberal feminists betray everything they have said for the 40 years about women - all for political reasons

No, that's not it.

Sarah Palin is no feminist, that's the problem. A BEAUTY CONTEST woman??? By definition, those are never feminists. No how, no way. Showing off her body to men for prizes? That's closer to prostitution than feminism, and every feminist knows it.

Wants to make laws to control every other woman into suffering all the reproductive disasters Sarah Palin has suffered from her own stupidity?
Nope, oppressing other women with cruel laws is NOT feminism, and every feminist knows that.

Choosing a demonstrably stupid woman to run the military of the United States because men like looking at her? No, feminists prefer someone smart and experienced in government and international affairs.

Palin is patently unsuitable because she's a dope and her popularity is plunging like her beauty-queen necklines as people figure that out. You realize, RSR, that it probably IS Sarah Palin who will lose this election for McCain, because things are looking real bad this morning.

Myself, I don't care, I don't like any of 'em. But some people care. I think McCain should have done better, and if he had, I probably would have groaned and voted for him, but this Palin character is really unacceptable. I couldn't live with myself if I voted for a dopey bimbo for the next president as soon as McCain drops dead in the White House.

I honestly think McCain did this crazy thing because he's in denial about the possibility of his own death in office, probably because his mother is so old and still alive. George H.W. Bush did that also ----- chose Quayle, a real stupido, as if sure he could never die. Of course, Bush Sr. was right! He's still alive and well. But McCain? He might not win that bet and then we'd all lose bigtime.

red states rule
09-24-2008, 10:00 AM
No, that's not it.

Sarah Palin is no feminist, that's the problem. A BEAUTY CONTEST woman??? By definition, those are never feminists. No how, no way. Showing off her body to men for prizes? That's closer to prostitution than feminism, and every feminist knows it.

Wants to make laws to control every other woman into suffering all the reproductive disasters Sarah Palin has suffered from her own stupidity?
Nope, oppressing other women with cruel laws is NOT feminism, and every feminist knows that.

Choosing a demonstrably stupid woman to run the military of the United States because men like looking at her? No, feminists prefer someone smart and experienced in government and international affairs.

Palin is patently unsuitable because she's a dope and her popularity is plunging like her beauty-queen necklines as people figure that out. You realize, RSR, that it probably IS Sarah Palin who will lose this election for McCain, because things are looking real bad this morning.

Myself, I don't care, I don't like any of 'em. But some people care. I think McCain should have done better, and if he had, I probably would have groaned and voted for him, but this Palin character is really unacceptable. I couldn't live with myself if I voted for a dopey bimbo for the next president as soon as McCain drops dead in the White House.

I honestly think McCain did this crazy thing because he's in denial about the possibility of his own death in office, probably because his mother is so old and still alive. George H.W. Bush did that also ----- chose Quayle, a real stupido, as if sure he could never die. Of course, Bush Sr. was right! He's still alive and well. But McCain? He might not win that bet and then we'd all lose bigtime.

She supports life - what is wrong with that? Libs have this BS talking point she will take away their right to kill their unborn kids. That is a lie

If the USSC would overturn Roe VS Wade, the matter goes back to the 50 states (or 57 states per Obama)

Like MFM, femisists goes with anyone who has a "D" at the end of their name

This is the real reason liberal women are pissed

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/142186.jpg

mundame
09-24-2008, 10:42 AM
She supports life - what is wrong with that?

Nothing, if she would restrain herself to ruining her own life and that of her family.

But she wants to push her anti-birth-control, anti-abortion controls on ALL women, and that's a very cruel, wrong thing to do. Visit all her bad decisions on everyone else? No, I'll never support that.

Femisists goes with anyone who has a "D" at the end of their name

No. I have always been a feminist, and I always voted Republican till 2004 when I gave up on Bush because he was ruining everything about America.

Country-club Republicans like Reagan never had a problem with birth control and abortion. They pretended to at election time, but then they gracefully minded their own business after they won, very properly, and that was a comfortable political environment for women like me.

Now things have just gotten crazy. Interfering. Controlling. Abortion seems to be what the whole American election is about, The Economist says, and I think they are right ------- despite a massive financial system meltdown, despite losing wars all over the globe, despite the nuclear rise of Iran and North Korea, despite grave oil supply problems, somehow McCain has managed to make the whole thing about abortion and letting this fundamentalist woman who didn't even have a passport till last year run the country and control all the women's lives.

I tell you what, if McCain loses, he'll DESERVE to lose.

krisy
09-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Nothing, if she would restrain herself to ruining her own life and that of her family.

But she wants to push her anti-birth-control, anti-abortion controls on ALL women, and that's a very cruel, wrong thing to do. Visit all her bad decisions on everyone else? No, I'll never support that.

No. I have always been a feminist, and I always voted Republican till 2004 when I gave up on Bush because he was ruining everything about America.

Country-club Republicans like Reagan never had a problem with birth control and abortion. They pretended to at election time, but then they gracefully minded their own business after they won, very properly, and that was a comfortable political environment for women like me.

Now things have just gotten crazy. Interfering. Controlling. Abortion seems to be what the whole American election is about, The Economist says, and I think they are right ------- despite a massive financial system meltdown, despite losing wars all over the globe, despite the nuclear rise of Iran and North Korea, despite grave oil supply problems, somehow McCain has managed to make the whole thing about abortion and letting this fundamentalist woman who didn't even have a passport till last year run the country and control all the women's lives.

I tell you what, if McCain loses, he'll DESERVE to lose.

I have not heard Palin's stance on birth control...what is it? If she doesn't believe in it,that is no different than what millions of Catholics believe.

I'm curious...if Palin were ugly,would you still think of her like you do? Seriously.

Also,some people believe that being pro life IS being pro women's rights. From what I have read,abortions can do horrible things to a woman after their done. Haunts them for years,lots of regret. It is taken way to lightly in this country.

red states rule
09-25-2008, 06:37 AM
I have not heard Palin's stance on birth control...what is it? If she doesn't believe in it,that is no different than what millions of Catholics believe.

I'm curious...if Palin were ugly,would you still think of her like you do? Seriously.

Also,some people believe that being pro life IS being pro women's rights. From what I have read,abortions can do horrible things to a woman after their done. Haunts them for years,lots of regret. It is taken way to lightly in this country.

Having mundame tell you about Gov Palin and her views, is like having Al Gore tell you about the Earth's climate and weather patterns

darin
09-25-2008, 07:14 AM

I would bet every dollar in the bank Gov. Palin would kick you squarely in the ass in any debate or test of knowledge. You have no basis for your attack - that's what it is; it's not just 'free speech' or 'your opinion' it's a baseless attack on somebody you've had no contact with. Could it be you're attacking the good guvna because you're ugly? or not-as-pretty as she? Is that what has your dander up?

red states rule
09-25-2008, 07:21 AM
I would bet every dollar in the bank Gov. Palin would kick you squarely in the ass in any debate or test of knowledge. You have no basis for your attack - that's what it is; it's not just 'free speech' or 'your opinion' it's a baseless attack on somebody you've had no contact with. Could it be you're attacking the good guvna because you're ugly? or not-as-pretty as she? Is that what has your dander up?

She is pissed off Hillary is not the top of the ticket, and livid she was passed over for VP

Consider the source

jimnyc
09-25-2008, 07:42 AM

I'll bet ANYTHING you like that she's a whole lot more intelligent and successful than you. So if she's "pig-ignorant", what does that make you?

NightTrain
09-27-2008, 11:55 AM

I suspect you're right on the money.

10/10.