PDA

View Full Version : ...ad that mocked McCain was 'terrible'

hjmick
09-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Says Joe Biden.

He was referring to the ad that "mocked Republican presidential candidate John McCain as an out-of-touch, out-of-date computer illiterate."

Asked about the negative tone of the campaign, and this ad in particular, during an interview broadcast Monday by the "CBS Evening News," Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, said he disapproved of it.

"I thought that was terrible, by the way," Biden said.

Asked why it was done, he said: "I didn't know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we'd have never done it."

While this is easy to say after the fact, I give Biden points for saying it at all.

Biden says ad that mocked McCain was 'terrible' (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080923/D93C4OT80.html)

KitchenKitten99
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, but if he didn't know about an ad about his own campaign, that shows the level of communication Obama has with him, and the level of judgement Obama has at all. Obama ok-ed the ad without consulting Biden, his running mate. His 2nd in command.

Just shows that Obama is more about being the first dark-skinned president, than actually accomplishing anything of any significance.

Yurt
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
i have been amazed at biden's seemingly lack of devotion to obama. i get the feeling often that biden does not truly respect him, save that he is a dem.

hjmick
09-22-2008, 11:27 PM
i have been amazed at biden's seemingly lack of devotion to obama. i get the feeling often that biden does not truly respect him, save that he is a dem.

This thought had crossed my mind. The first thing that occurred to me while reading this articlewas, first the "Hillary would have been a better choice" and now this. It's as if Biden is questioning Obama's judgement.

Yurt
09-22-2008, 11:43 PM
This thought had crossed my mind. The first thing that occurred to me while reading this articlewas, first the "Hillary would have been a better choice" and now this. It's as if Biden is questioning Obama's judgement.

yes, interesting. in their first joint interview together, biden said at least 2 or 3 times, i don't know why he picked me....

once is self deprecating, any more....and honestly, he sounded sincere, like, really, i have no clue why this guy picked me

i don't think biden trusts his judgement at all, i mean biden stands by his statement that obama is not ready to lead this country.

Joe Steel
09-23-2008, 06:52 AM
"He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail, still doesn't understand the economy, and favors $200 billion in new tax cuts for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class," the ad says.

Asked about the negative tone of the campaign, and this ad in particular, during an interview broadcast Monday by the "CBS Evening News," Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, said he disapproved of it.

"I thought that was terrible, by the way," Biden said.

In typical fashion, Katy Couric, the interview, completely botched the issue. She said the ad criticized McCain for not being able to send email because of his injuries. The ad says nothing of the sort. It says McCain can't use email but never says anything about injuries. Talking about McCain's injuries is another Republicon distortion.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
In typical fashion, Katy Couric, the interview, completely botched the issue. She said the ad criticized McCain for not being able to send email because of his injuries. The ad says nothing of the sort. It says McCain can't use email but never says anything about injuries. Talking about McCain's injuries is another Republicon distortion.

the ad said that he showed he was out of touch :poke:

and your veep candidate does not agree with you

Joe Steel
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
the ad said that he showed he was out of touch :poke:

Exactly. It didn't say he couldn't handle the keying.

Biden was responding to Couric's misrepresentation of the ad. Had the ad actually said what Couric said it did, Biden would have been right.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Exactly. It didn't say he couldn't handle the keying.

Biden was responding to Couric's misrepresentation of the ad. Had the ad actually said what Couric said it did, Biden would have been right.

so he's out of touch or not? because of his war injury, he is out of touch? do you really understand why they said he was out of touch? i doubt it. and exactly what did couric misrepresent?

"He admits he still doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail, still doesn't understand the economy, and favors $200 billion in new tax cuts for corporations, but almost nothing for the middle class," the ad says.

midcan5
09-23-2008, 02:08 PM

I think you are missing something that is totally lacking in republicans - honesty and plain speaking, try it sometime, you may like it.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I think you are missing something that is totally lacking in republicans - honesty and plain speaking, try it sometime, you may like it.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

care to explain exactly how? or is this another fly by meaningless rant by you?