PDA

View Full Version : What happened to President Hoover?

hjmick
09-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry. I really do try to be fair to both parties (hell, I'm not even going to vote for McCain), but Biden is a damned gaffe factory!

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'" -Joe Biden

Huh? Television? Roosevelt? Really?

Give the man a script.

red states rule
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry. I really do try to be fair to both parties (hell, I'm not even going to vote for McCain), but Biden is a damned gaffe factory!

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'" -Joe Biden

Give the man a script.

I can't wait for the VP debate

Is Biden trying to get out of this race via Biden is trying to get out of the race via a Sec 8 Insanity deferment?

namvet
09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
what is it with these libs???? none of em know shit about American history. I can Understand Osama. he's got the mind of a 9 year old. but Biden should know something !!!! anything !!!!

“When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened,”‘ Barack Obama’s running mate recently told the “CBS Evening News.”

FDR???? :lol::lol:
source (source)

Kathianne
09-23-2008, 07:01 PM
LOL! Biden is trying to crash & burn Obama's chances. Perhaps he's a Clinton stooge? 57 states and FDR during the '29 Crash hitting the radio!

red states rule
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Dems are always saying it is the Republicans who are supposed to be "out of touch"?

Biden got the year wrong, the President wrong, and the year wrong

and Dems say this clod has the knowedge and experience for the VP job????

Kathianne
09-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Dems are always saying it is the Republicans who are supposed to be "out of touch"?

Biden got the year wrong, the President wrong, and the year wrong

and Dems say this clod has the knowedge and experience for the VP job????

Actually Biden got it all wrong. Hoover didn't do what he said FDR did, FDR obviously didn't as he wasn't President. Instead of plagiarizing, Joe just made it up. :laugh2:

red states rule
09-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Actually Biden got it all wrong. Hoover didn't do what he said FDR did, FDR obviously didn't as he wasn't President. Instead of plagiarizing, Joe just made it up. :laugh2:

Joe educates the folks on US History

That cowardly Republican Hoover did not have the guts to face the American people, so FDR had to do it for him

red states rule
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
God love ya Franklin. Come on stand up. Go ahead Franklin. We are all cheering and rooting for ya guy.

manu1959
09-23-2008, 07:22 PM

classic left .......... just make shit up ..... no one will check ..... then when you are called on it ..... issue a clarification ..... and of course attack the person pointing out your mistake and accuse them of being biased partisan hacks ..... oh and don't forget to justify your stupidity by pointing out how stupid the other guy is ......

Gaffer
09-23-2008, 07:23 PM

Give the man a script.

That is hilarious, I hadn't heard that one yet. Classic.

red states rule
09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
That is hilarious, I hadn't heard that one yet. Classic.

Don't you just love the thought of Biden and Obama responsible for national securty and defense?

MtnBiker
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh, come on guys! If you had been in a copter that was forced down, that is how you would have remembered history as well.

Kathianne
09-23-2008, 08:04 PM

Give the man a script.
DAMN, I missed the Television thing totally!

Good footnote: (http://www.reason.com/blog/show/128960.html)

And if you owned an experimental TV set in 1929, you would have seen him. And you would have said to yourself, "Who is that guy? What happened to President Hoover?"

Gaffer
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh, come on guys! If you had been in a copter that was forced down, that is how you would have remembered history as well.

If that was the case I would have been sure to talk about how it was forced down. You know, tell the whole exciting story.