PDA

View Full Version : Further example(s) of Democrats going insane?

Little-Acorn
09-23-2008, 06:54 PM
In another thread, I pointed out that more and more highly-placed Democrats seem to be completely losing their minds: shouting bizarre accusations against prominent Republicans for which they can supply no backing whatever. This weird behavior started many years ago, but seems to be reaching a crescendo after the selection of Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate.

Have you noticed any such major Democrats cracking up and spewing bizarre, hysterical things about their opponents without evidence or support? List them here! Not just the anonymous extreme-left riffraff we find on forums like this one, but Democrats prominent enough to see on the news.

Here's one:

------------------------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

from "Best of the Web Today"

A Nut in Search of a Squirrel
Al Gore image consultant: Palin stole my mail!

By JAMES TARANTO

Remember Naomi Wolf? She had her 15 minutes of fame back in 1999, when Time reported that she was helping Al Gore man up for the 2000 election: "Wolf has argued internally that Gore is a 'Beta male' who needs to take on the 'Alpha male' in the Oval Office before the public will see him as the top dog." For her services she had been earning $15,000 a month, although the New York Times reported that campaign manager Donna Brazile had cut Wolf's pay by two-thirds.

Things don't appear to have gone very well for Wolf since then. She resurfaced last night with a bizarre post on the Puffington Host titled "The Battle Plan II: Sarah 'Evita' Palin, the Muse of the Coming Police State." It begins as a standard Palin-hating rant:

I heard her echo Bush 2000 soundbites ("the heart of America is on display") and realized Bush's speechwriters were writing her--not McCain's--speeches. I heard her tell George Bush's lies--not McCain's--to the American people, linking 9/11 to Iraq. I heard her make fun of Barack Obama for wanting to prevent the torture of prisoners--this is Rove-Cheney's enthusiastic S and M, not McCain's, who, though he shamefully colluded in the 2006 Military Tribunals Act, is also a former prisoner of war and wrote an eloquent Newsweek piece in 2005 opposing torture. I saw that she was even styled by the same skillful stylist (neutral lipstick, matte makeup, dark colors) who turned Katharine Harris from a mall rat into a stateswoman and who styles all the women in the Bush orbit--but who does not bother to style Cindy McCain.

But then Wolf takes an even weirder turn. Wolf seems to imagine that she is actually being persecuted:

Almost everyone I work with on projects related to this campaign for liberty has been experiencing computer harassment: emails are stripped, messages disappear. That's not all: people's bank accounts are being tampered with: wire transfers to banks vanish in midair. I personally keep opening bank accounts that are quickly corrupted by fraud. Money vanishes. Coworkers of mine have to keep opening new email accounts as old ones become infected. And most disturbingly [sic] to me personally is the mail tampering I have both heard of and experienced firsthand. My tax returns vanished from my mailbox. All my larger envelopes arrive ripped straight open apparently by hand. When I show the postman, he says "That's impossible." Horrifyingly [sic] to me is the impact on my family. My childrens' [sic] report cards are returned again and again though perfectly addressed; their invitations are turned back; and my daughters [sic] many letters from camp? Vanished. All of them. Not one arrived.

Keep in mind, this is in the context of an article about Sarah Palin. Wolf apparently believes the governor of Alaska is stealing her mail.

What lies behind such fantasies? We suspect the answer is that for malcontented citizens of a free society, imagining that one is being persecuted is a means of self-affirmation, of styling oneself a hero. Like a nut in search of a squirrel, Wolf seeks validation in being preyed upon. She flatters herself that she is important enough for anyone to be interested in reading her mail. She even invokes the name of erstwhile Soviet dissident Nathan Sharansky (though she misspells it).

What does this have to do with Sarah Palin? There may be an element of feminine jealousy at work, though it would be cruel to elaborate on this point. Mostly, though, Wolf is glomming on to Palin because Palin is a hot topic right now, and Wolf figures that by paying attention to Palin, she will induce others to pay attention to her.

-----------------------------------------------

Anybody have any other prominent Democrats who seem to be hitting the bong a few too many times? Not just the anonymous manfrommaine types for whom such fantasizing is routine. Actual major Democrat figures, even elected officials and their staff, people like that. Give examples of their ranting, with links if you have them. Not just the routine "McCain is too old" or "Palin doesn't have enough experience" talking points, which at least have some connection to reality, however tenuous. But completely weird spews that a ten-year-old could see through, uttered as though the speaker actually believed them, are all fair game.

More and more weirdness seems to emerge from these people on a daily basis. Catalog it here! This promises to supply endless entertainment, at least until November when they will fade back into obscurity.

Kathianne
09-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Well now, it's just possible that John McCain has been harboring hacking capabilities behind his 'technophobe' persona? :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Well now, it's just possible that John McCain has been harboring hacking capabilities behind his 'technophobe' persona? :laugh2:

Was that before or after he engineered the housing crisis? :dance:

Kathianne
09-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Was that before or after he engineered the housing crisis? :dance:

Psssst, who'd a thunk?

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/01/should-senator.html

...As the former long-time chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, the Republican presidential candidate has probed the depths of every arcane aspect of science and technology policy that's come before Congress in the past decade.

The committee has primary jurisdiction over climate change issues, science-related bills, spectrum allocation, telecommunications and media ownership reform, legislation on child-safety on the internet, consumer privacy and NASA, just to name a few areas (It shares influence and often fights with the Senate Judiciary Committee over privacy-related and antitrust legislation.)

McCain told TechCrunch earlier this year that he was "embarrassed" by Yahoo's role in helping mainland Chinese authorities to identify and imprison dissidents. TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington has endorsed McCain and Democrat Barack Obama.

Arrington said that McCain was the best choice out of a problematic range of Republicans when it comes to tech policy because their generally "hands off" doctrinal market-based approach fails to comprehend some of the special issues facing the tech-economy.

Other tech positions have emerged as well. McCain has expressed skepticism over net neutrality....

Little-Acorn
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Another in the continuing series of Dempocrats going insane. This one comes to us from Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), former congressthing from the deep South and now the nominee for President from the Green party.

This one does not quite fit the description of "going insane", since McKinney's behavior has not changed for the worse - she has always been this way. But at least she is keeping the faith, spewing out claim after claim of horrible behavior by persons unknown, without the slightest evidence.

-----------------------------------

http://peacetalk.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/30/1935567-cynthia-mckinney-says-5000-executed-katrina-used-as-cover

Cynthia McKinney says 5000 executed Katrina used as cover.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:33 PM EDT

Presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney announced for the first time on Sunday that she has received information that some 5000, mostly male, possibly prisoners were killed execution style, by single gunshot to the head, using the tragic events of hurricane Katrina as a cover.

Candidate McKinney made the announcement at a conference in Oakland, Ca, for the Critical Resistance 10 on Sunday. While speaking she informed the audience that she has received information from a sources that were involved in the clean-up and disposal of the thousands of bodies. According to the source; who wishes to remain nameless at this time, he was charged by the Department of Defense with the task of processing the personal information into DOD computers and then dumping the bodies into a Louisiana swamp. McKinney also claims she has spoken to unnamed members of the Red Cross that this event did in fact take place.

Presidential candidate McKinney reminds members of the audience that we need to continue to be diligent in our investigations of the "Prison Industrial Complex".