PDA

View Full Version : Evangelist: 'Puberty' Is Age Of Sexual Consent

Psychoblues
09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Not surprising coming from such a tight knit ministry.

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Since Tony Alamo's start as a California street preacher more than 40 years ago, the self-styled evangelist's story has been colorful and checkered.

Evangelist Tony Alamo claimed his late wife, Susan, would be resurrected and kept her body on display.

When his wife died of cancer, Alamo claimed that she would be resurrected and kept her body on display for six months while their followers prayed. It would be 16 years before her body was returned to her family.

For a time, his elaborately painted denim jackets were a must-have in Hollywood, but sales contributed to tax problems that landed him in prison for four years in the 1990s.

Alamo was charged but not convicted of other crimes, including child abuse. Now the 74-year-old is accused by former church members of abusing children and running an organization in which girls who just reached puberty can marry. Agents raided his southwest Arkansas compound Saturday and placed six girls in state custody.

On Monday, Alamo spoke of the allegations with a mix of denial and defiance, saying that he never promoted sexual abuse but that he believes there's a mandate from the Bible for young girls to marry.

"In the Bible, it happened. But girls today, I don't marry 'em if they want to at 14, 15 years old. Because we won't do it, even though I believe it's OK," Alamo said.

On Saturday, he had said that for girls having sex, "consent is puberty.".......

More: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/23/alamo.evangelist.raid.ap/index.html

So much to be learned about the Pentecostals!!!!!!!!! Do we have the time or patience with this kind of reasoning?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
if i am not mistaken, puberty was when boys became men and girls became women and when they often married during Jesus's day. hence the 13th birthday being important in the jewish faith.

Psychoblues
09-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Are you saying that the enlightenment of society has been bad for us, you old pervert?

if i am not mistaken, puberty was when boys became men and girls became women and when they often married during Jesus's day. hence the 13th birthday being important in the jewish faith.

Some that exploit the ignorance of youth agree with you, I'm ashamed to say. The law of the land says that you and your believers are WRONG. As a doctor of jurisprudence you should know that, yuk.

Yurt
09-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Are you saying that the enlightenment of society has been bad for us, you old pervert?

Some that exploit the ignorance of youth agree with you, I'm ashamed to say. The law of the land says that you and your believers are WRONG. As a doctor of jurisprudence you should know that, yuk.

ya drunk nut, how does the law say what i said is wrong. i merely posted facts about the teens in Jesus' day. are you saying those facts are not true? are you saying that even before jesus, in the OT, that teens did not marry and that young girls (after menstruation) did not concieve and then give birth?

Psychoblues
09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm not saying any of that shit, yuk.

ya drunk nut, how does the law say what i said is wrong. i merely posted facts about the teens in Jesus' day. are you saying those facts are not true? are you saying that even before jesus, in the OT, that teens did not marry and that young girls (after menstruation) did not concieve and then give birth?

But, I am saying that you are an old pervert. Now, how are you going to square that up with the reading population here?

Mr. P
09-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm not saying any of that shit, yuk.

But, I am saying that you are an old pervert. Now, how are you going to square that up with the reading population here?

Psycho derails his own thread! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yurt
09-23-2008, 11:23 PM
i'm a pervert for posting facts about the bible :poke:

Yurt
09-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Psycho derails his own thread! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

:lol:

Psychoblues
09-23-2008, 11:25 PM
The words that you speak reveal yourselves as the perverts that you are, yuk and P. I didn't cause any of that insanity in either of you.

Psychoblues
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Yuk thinks also that "puberty is the age of consent"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Trigg
10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Maybe you should try posting and then drinking.

re-read Yurt's post. He was talking about biblical times.

Yurt
10-06-2008, 04:46 PM

that is true, i was talking about bible times. as to why that makes me a pervert....well, it is psydeshow we are talking about.

i do have a question on the age of consent or majority though. if i am not mistaken, older civilizations/cultures allowed teens to marry with the consent of the parent(s) if they had not yet reached teh age of majority, which i believe has varied from maybe 16-18. what is it about the age of 18 that all of a sudden makes a man or women able to consent to sex or marriage? seems to me the bible never condemned young marriages (puberty and older).

manu1959
10-06-2008, 05:05 PM

hey....it is tough reading, typing, drinking at the same time......

actsnoblemartin
10-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Yurt is no pervert, he was talking about when boys became men and girls became women in jesus's day, their is nothing perverted about that

actsnoblemartin
10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
nothing in this post is factually or ethically wrong.

No where in here did yurt say anything about sex even.

common blues man

hands you a cerveza and nachos :salute:

Psychoblues
10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
marteen, did you not read the article that I posted? Go back and do that, OK? yuk apparently sides with the old perverted preacher and is now attempting to use the bible to back it up while making his feeble attempt to somehow diminish me in some way. Whatever, dumbo?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

nothing in this post is factually or ethically wrong.

No where in here did yurt say anything about sex even.

common blues man

hands you a cerveza and nachos :salute:

The proper consideration in this conversation should be what the perverted old evangelist has had to say about sexual maturity in THIS day and age and not anything that I have said or not said in this thread. The ol' switcheroo tactic of the counselor has got you in fits again, marteen, and you're a fool for taking the bait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a cool H20?

darin
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
My late Aunt was 'married off' at age 14 to a man in his twenties, who had a son within a few years in age as she was. They lived together until her death 10-15 years ago.

Younger people married, and had kids out of neccessity

Psychoblues
10-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't even go there, dmp. I come from a family that married off kids at very young ages but that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

My late Aunt was 'married off' at age 14 to a man in his twenties, who had a son within a few years in age as she was. They lived together until her death 10-15 years ago.

Younger people married, and had kids out of neccessity

Did you read the article? It's about the attitude of a man of the cloth in matters of sexual maturity at the age of puberty. I think the attidude of the old preacher is perverted at best and even criminal in many present day legal jurisdictions. I guess you just missed all that, didn't you? I think that was the intent of the idiot that attempted to derail the thread and use the bible for back up.

darin
10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I made the mistake of trying to clarify a point Yurt made to you. It's clear you want nothing to do with context or reality; you simply desire to attack what you think is Christianity.

Trigg
10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Good lord psycho, all you had to do was say to Yurt, that was biblical times what do you think of what the preacher had to say about the age of consent now.

Instead you went into a rant about him being perverted, which he isn't.

I don't think that anyone here would agree that 13 yr old children should marry or become sexually active. Get a grip.

Psychoblues
10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Trigg, you and dmp or anyone else can excuse the perversions of the jerk anyway you want.

Good lord psycho, all you had to do was say to Yurt, that was biblical times what do you think of what the preacher had to say about the age of consent now.

Instead you went into a rant about him being perverted, which he isn't.

I don't think that anyone here would agree that 13 yr old children should marry or become sexually active. Get a grip.

What I said was the truth and if you differ then please explain. Until then I consider you both the same perverts as I consider the jerk that originally excused the preacher as only teaching the bible. Sheesh,,,,,,,,,,,some of you you will go to no end to protect your criminals, will you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Maybe you're just all caught up in the "right" nomenclature. The "right" isn't always right, if you know what I mean?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?