View Full Version : Palin Look-Alike TV Anchor Gets Hate Mail

red states rule
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
My, more blue state love on display

Are the libs in Maine that damn stupid?

Palin Look-Alike TV Anchor Gets Hate Mail
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A news anchor at a FOX affiliate in Maine has received “hate mail and nasty phone calls” from viewers who think she bears a striking resemblance to the Republican vice presidential nominee.

Cindy Michaels, a newscaster from FOX affiliate WVII-TV in Bangor, wears her hair up in a similar style to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and sometimes wears glasses.

“Since the day that McCain announced that Sarah Palin was his running mate, I had friends and family tell me that I look like her,” she said. “I don’t think I look like her, I think I look like me.”

Viewers have noticed the similarity, and Michaels has received phone calls from viewers that have gone from unflattering to just plain harsh.

“You’re so much more interesting and so much nicer than Sarah Palin,” one woman said. “We hope you don’t keep that hairdo. You don’t want to be tarred with that same brush. You know, she’s not coming off really well OK?”

Another claimed she was trying for “a Kmart version of Sarah Palin” because she didn’t wear glasses on the air.

“Maybe they don’t believe in her, maybe they don’t want her as vice president,” Michaels said of the phone calls. “So if they wanted to say something to her maybe they thought well by saying something to Cindy, it’s kind of like saying something to her in their mind.”

Michaels is enjoying her 15 minutes of fame. “Inside Edition” is sending a crew to film her, and “The Ellen Degeneres Show” has contacted her as well, she said Tuesday.

Click here to read more at FOX affiliate WVII-TV.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/23/palin-look-alike-tv-anchor-gets-hate-mail/

Gaffer
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Well she is in maine, and we all know what kind of hatred dwells there.

red states rule
09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Well she is in maine, and we all know what kind of hatred dwells there.

Do we ever. We get it firsthand on a daily basis

I wonder if he has been calling Ms Michaels and showing hie warm and fuzzy side? :laugh2:

-Cp
09-24-2008, 01:34 PM
This should help deal with the likes of the idiots sayinig those things to her:

http://i15.tinypic.com/52ul5j5.jpg

red states rule
09-24-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/142332.jpg

Yurt
09-24-2008, 03:34 PM
even my wife was ticked at the difference in media attention between palin and obama. yellow journalism is alive and well in the liberal world

actsnoblemartin
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
agenda, we dont need no stinking agenda :laugh2:

My, more blue state love on display

Are the libs in Maine that damn stupid?

Palin Look-Alike TV Anchor Gets Hate Mail
by FOXNews.com
Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A news anchor at a FOX affiliate in Maine has received “hate mail and nasty phone calls” from viewers who think she bears a striking resemblance to the Republican vice presidential nominee.

Cindy Michaels, a newscaster from FOX affiliate WVII-TV in Bangor, wears her hair up in a similar style to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and sometimes wears glasses.

“Since the day that McCain announced that Sarah Palin was his running mate, I had friends and family tell me that I look like her,” she said. “I don’t think I look like her, I think I look like me.”

Viewers have noticed the similarity, and Michaels has received phone calls from viewers that have gone from unflattering to just plain harsh.

“You’re so much more interesting and so much nicer than Sarah Palin,” one woman said. “We hope you don’t keep that hairdo. You don’t want to be tarred with that same brush. You know, she’s not coming off really well OK?”

Another claimed she was trying for “a Kmart version of Sarah Palin” because she didn’t wear glasses on the air.

“Maybe they don’t believe in her, maybe they don’t want her as vice president,” Michaels said of the phone calls. “So if they wanted to say something to her maybe they thought well by saying something to Cindy, it’s kind of like saying something to her in their mind.”

Michaels is enjoying her 15 minutes of fame. “Inside Edition” is sending a crew to film her, and “The Ellen Degeneres Show” has contacted her as well, she said Tuesday.

Click here to read more at FOX affiliate WVII-TV.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/23/palin-look-alike-tv-anchor-gets-hate-mail/

red states rule
09-25-2008, 06:47 AM
even my wife was ticked at the difference in media attention between palin and obama. yellow journalism is alive and well in the liberal world

Journalism died in this election cycle Yurt. The media has always slanted their coverage to cheer on their Dem buddies

This election cycle, they have given up any illusion of objectivity. They are openly rooting for, and doing all they can, to portray Obama and Dems in the most favorable light possible

MSNBC is a great example of this. It was so bad, the bosses there had to remove Matthews and Olbermann as election anchors because they could not contain their disgusting bias