View Full Version : Al Gore Weighing In, Anarachy Of Course

Kathianne
09-24-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews

/idUSTRE48N7AA20080924?feedType=RSS&feedName=environmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Gore urges civil disobedience to stop coal plants
Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:29pm EDT

By Michelle Nichols

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Nobel Peace Prize winner and environmental crusader Al Gore urged young people on Wednesday to engage in civil disobedience to stop the construction of coal plants without the ability to store carbon.

The former U.S. vice president, whose climate change documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" won an Academy Award, told a philanthropic meeting in New York City that "the world has lost ground to the climate crisis."

"If you're a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done, I believe we have reached the stage where it is time for civil disobedience to prevent the construction of new coal plants that do not have carbon capture and sequestration," Gore told the Clinton Global Initiative gathering to loud applause.

"I believe for a carbon company to spend money convincing the stock-buying public that the risk from the global climate crisis is not that great represents a form of stock fraud because they are misrepresenting a material fact," he said. "I hope these state attorney generals around the country will take some action on that."

Yurt
09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
....dag bernet, sarah..sally, whatever the flak your name is, i pay big bucks for this here private jet and you better, by gosh, get my drink right next time!!!!

and how many dang times i have to tell you, BRING ME MY CARBON OFFSET forms

:coffee:

actsnoblemartin
09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
al gore is an idiot, nuff said

http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews

/idUSTRE48N7AA20080924?feedType=RSS&feedName=environmentNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Yurt
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
al gore is an idiot, nuff said

really? thats it? your conclusion about him settles everything?

stephanie
09-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Al Bore is calling up his cult members to go civil disobedience, while he sails around on his brand new yatch he just bought of his cult members backs...

imagine that...:laugh2:

retiredman
09-24-2008, 11:10 PM
non-violence. what a horrid approach. Ghandi would be appalled! Martin Luther King would be appalled![/sarcasm off]

stephanie
09-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Al Bore expects his cult members to go out and take all the risk, while he sits in ONE OF HIS HUGH MANSIONS and laughs his ass off...

no one said enviornemtal cult members were real bright...:coffee:

Yurt
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Al Bore expects his cult members to go out and take all the risk, while he sits in ONE OF HIS HUGH MANSIONS and laughs his ass off...

no one said enviornemtal cult members were real bright...:coffee:

:lol:

Gaffer
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
He called for civil disobedience. He didn't say for them to be non-violent. He's just making sure they can't charge him for incitement. He's one of those brave leaders from the rear. As far in the rear as he can get.

This is the first of the liberal uprisings that are going to start when obamanation loses the election.

theHawk
09-25-2008, 06:34 PM
In order for "civil disobedience" to stop construction of something, it would have to be violent. They would have to use force to prevent the workers from going in, or would have to actually destroy property.

Doesn't surprise me that Dems are now starting to voice up terrorist acts as moral ways to get their political views across.