PDA

View Full Version : You Know 'The Plan' Is Bush/Democrat When...

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 02:01 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/26/1451482.aspx

From NBC's Ken Strickland and Mike Viqueira

During a speech on the Senate floor this morning, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D) urged President Bush to "respectfully tell Sen. McCain to get out of town. He's not helping."

Schumer also requested that Bush get the his House Republicans in line. "We need President Bush to take leadership. We need President Bush, first and foremost, to get the Republican House members to support his plan or modify it in some way to bring them on board," he said....

retiredman
09-26-2008, 02:06 PM
well...you gotta admit, McCain's little stint at trying to act all presidential and bring congressional republicans in line failed miserably. Bush could hardly do any worse.

And here McCain has flip flopped and is headed to the debate anyway!

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 02:09 PM
well...you gotta admit, McCain's little stint at trying to act all presidential and bring congressional republicans in line failed miserably. Bush could hardly do any worse.

No, I don't. I disagree in fact.

retiredman
09-26-2008, 02:12 PM

really? house republicans following McCain's guidance? That is not what John Boehner said!

and do you disagree with the fact that John boy blinked on his game of chicken about the debate?

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 02:13 PM
really? house republicans following McCain's guidance? That is not what John Boehner said!

You have missed the point or rather as usual gone off on tangent to further your agenda. We'll see Nov. 4.

retiredman
09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
well then...what FACT in post #2 do you disagree with?

Mr. P
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
well then...what FACT in post #2 do you disagree with?

Good question, what fact? I don't see any, just opinion.

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Good question, what fact? I don't see any, just opinion.

Yep. Another bait placed by MFM, the 'sucker.'

retiredman
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Yep. Another bait placed by MFM, the 'sucker.'

are you suggesting that McCain WAS able to round up all the congressional republicans? I said he had failed to do that and you said you disagreed in FACT. What FACT?

09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
You ever stopped to think that Congressional Republicans opposing this monstrousity is a good thing?

Here's the real question: The Democrats dont need the Congressional Republicans to sign on to this. They are the majority. The President has already shown willingness to sign whatever bill they bring forward. Why then are Democrats afraid to just pass the bill if this is such a great bill?

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
You ever stopped to think that Congressional Republicans opposing this monstrousity is a good thing?

Here's the real question: The Democrats dont need the Congressional Republicans to sign on to this. They are the majority. The President has already shown willingness to sign whatever bill they bring forward. Why then are Democrats afraid to just pass the bill if this is such a great bill?

I earlier answered this. They want cover, in case the bailout fails and meltdown still occurs. They need the Republican reps on board. Not for passage, but cover.

Yurt
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM

Here's the real question: ]The Democrats dont need the Congressional Republicans to sign on to this.[/B] They are the majority. The President has already shown willingness to sign whatever bill they bring forward. [B]Why then are Democrats afraid to just pass the bill if this is such a great bill[/?

:clap:

retiredman
09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
so let me get this straight...you do NOT want democrats to seek bipartisan support for a bailout plan?:laugh2:

Gaffer
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I earlier answered this. They want cover, in case the bailout fails and meltdown still occurs. They need the Republican reps on board. Not for passage, but cover.

You hit it on the nose. They all flipped on iraq shortly after the war began for purely political reasons and they want to set the repubs up to have to do the same if the bail out fails.

Yurt
09-26-2008, 04:45 PM
so let me get this straight...you do NOT want democrats to seek bipartisan support for a bailout plan?:laugh2:

what do you care, you think campaigning and debating are more important than doing your job as a senator

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 05:02 PM

Not as presently structured. Fine for the Dems, let them pass it and take the kudos/slams if they come.

retiredman
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Not as presently structured. Fine for the Dems, let them pass it and take the kudos/slams if they come.

working for bipartisan support means adjusting the content of the bill to arrive at that support. Are you now saying that you DON'T want democrats in congress to work with republicans for the good of the country?

09-26-2008, 06:36 PM

if its so damn good why not pass it without bipartisan support? Then they get all the credit. The fact that they wont pass it tells me that they dont think its a good plan.

Bipartisanship is overrated. All it means is the politicians are joining forces to screw over the people.

09-26-2008, 06:37 PM
working for bipartisan support means adjusting the content of the bill to arrive at that support. Are you now saying that you DON'T want democrats in congress to work with republicans for the good of the country?

So you admit the Democrat plan is not good for the country. Glad to see you on our side.

Immanuel
09-26-2008, 06:48 PM

Because in five years when everyone realizes what kind of a disaster it is, they want to be able to blame Republicans.

Immie

retiredman
09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
So you admit the Democrat plan is not good for the country. Glad to see you on our side.

"the DEMOCRAT PLAN"????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke and George Dubya Bush sure as hell ain't DEMOCRATS!!!

give me a fucking break!:laugh2:

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 06:55 PM

I do believe that was the original question I responded to:

so let me get this straight...you do NOT want democrats to seek bipartisan support for a bailout plan?

Once again, not as put forth. When ACORN is one of the bailout recipients, something is very, very wrong with the plan.

No1tovote4
09-26-2008, 07:40 PM

Yeah, the Bush/Obama plan stank, I'm glad that McCain went in there and woke them up. I notice the Obamessiah also "flip-flopped" and showed up in DC as well...

It's a wash MFM.

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, the Bush/Obama plan stank, I'm glad that McCain went in there and woke them up. I notice the Obamessiah also "flip-flopped" and showed up in DC as well...

It's a wash MFM.

How are the bees? Are you making the customer list for honey?

No1tovote4
09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
How are the bees? Are you making the customer list for honey?
I won't get honey this year, the hive is too new.

theHawk
09-26-2008, 07:56 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/26/1451482.aspx

LOL. "We need Bush to do as we say! Force the Repubs to sign on. How dare those house Republicans listen to their constituents!"

Yurt
09-26-2008, 10:11 PM
I do believe that was the original question I responded to:

Once again, not as put forth. When ACORN is one of the bailout recipients, something is very, very wrong with the plan.

unfortunately kathy, he, like others, do not want to respond to the truth or reality. they nitpick. mfm is the greatest of patriots, he is without a doubt, a true american. and if you question that, well.....

the gulag for you

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 10:13 PM
I won't get honey this year, the hive is too new.

Well so far, I'm intending to be around next year, perhaps the year after too.