PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry

Yurt
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
why is it americans (as far as i know) always have this need to say (sorry) (i'm sorry) (sorry dude, but you are dickhead) (i'm sorry, you are wrong)

my, now american wife, canadian as well, does not say this unless she means it, nor does anyone in her family, nor any of her friends that i have spent time with in canada.

its like: how are you doing

you don't really care, its just a greeting, nothing more.

somehow, (i'm sorry) has metamorphosed into some kind of lexicon like "how are you doing"

has anyone else noticed this?

emmett
09-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Yurt.....

You should save of that for later .....don't do it all at one time!

Immanuel
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
why is it americans (as far as i know) always have this need to say (sorry) (i'm sorry) (sorry dude, but you are dickhead) (i'm sorry, you are wrong)

my, now american wife, canadian as well, does not say this unless she means it, nor does anyone in her family, nor any of her friends that i have spent time with in canada.

somehow, (i'm sorry) has metamorphosed into some kind of lexicon like "how are you doing"

Because we are brainwashed into being politically correct and we don't want to offend anyone. I'm sorry ;) but I know I am guilty of it.

Immie

Mr. P
09-26-2008, 06:10 PM

I'm sorry but yes, and I hate it! :cheers2:

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry about that, yuk. Have you considered legal representation and reconciliation?!?!??!?????!??! Just kidding you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Noir
09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
It happens over here all the time too, and regularly you will have someone walk into someone else by acciedent, and both people will say sorry, quite why someone says sorry for being walked into is a mistory, and speaking of which I said sorry to a bin the other day when I walked into it, it's just an unbuilt reaction I guess