PDA

View Full Version : Conservative columnist calls for Palin exit

gabosaurus
09-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Kathleen Parker has never made much sense to me. She regularly skewers Dems and liberals for the same reasons that most right-wing hacks do. Which is, because they are expected to and make a good living doing so.
I have seen nothing but love for Parker among right-wingers. Until today, when she actually discovered the truth about Sarah Palin. Someone sent me this link and I about fell out of my chair.

http://townhall.com/columnists/KathleenParker/2008/09/26/the_palin_problem

Kathianne
09-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Kathleen Parker has never made much sense to me. She regularly skewers Dems and liberals for the same reasons that most right-wing hacks do. Which is, because they are expected to and make a good living doing so.
I have seen nothing but love for Parker among right-wingers. Until today, when she actually discovered the truth about Sarah Palin. Someone sent me this link and I about fell out of my chair.

http://townhall.com/columnists/KathleenParker/2008/09/26/the_palin_problem

I'll admit, this took me by surprise. I don't think Palin deserves it, in reality Parker is more a NOW feminist than one would think. Guess she didn't get the Bubba memo?

Immanuel
09-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Big deal, one so called conservative woman thinks Sarah Palin is in over her head. Maybe she is, but then so is Barack Obama. As for spouting nothing when she speaks... "I have a plan... I am just not going to share it with you". Hey, did that come from Obama or Kerry or both?

Palin bows out and Barack Obama is crowned king and America becomes the next East Germany.

Immie

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't know why gabby didn't include some of the text. Here's just a bit of it.

The Palin Problem
by Kathleen Parker

WASHINGTON -- If at one time women were considered heretical for swimming upstream against feminist orthodoxy, they now face condemnation for swimming downstream -- away from Sarah Palin.............

As we've seen and heard more from John McCain's running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn't know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion..........

Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.............

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there's not much content there............

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we'd all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she's a woman -- and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket -- we are reluctant to say what is painfully true................

More: http://townhall.com/columnists/KathleenParker/2008/09/26/the_palin_problem?page=2

The article, especially written by a noted conservative, is in the least enlightening as to the problems with Palin and the empty clothes she walks around in.

If she is still the nominee at the time of her debate with Joe Biden I remain at least unconvinced of her qualifications and suitabilities to perform as an executive of anything.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

theHawk
09-26-2008, 07:54 PM
The campaign just needs to let Palin loose and let her be herself. There is no doubt that all this bottling her up away from the media is bad.

No1tovote4
09-26-2008, 07:56 PM
The campaign just needs to let Palin loose and let her be herself. There is no doubt that all this bottling her up away from the media is bad.
She's focusing so hard on saying what they told her to say duing "preparation" that she's limiting herself unnecessarily. She needs to get out and be Palin. She's quite a remarkable woman, when she is herself.

PostmodernProphet
09-26-2008, 09:39 PM
never heard of her.....where is her column published?.....

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Let her loose, nofucks. We're waiting and needing some answers!!!!!!!!!

She's focusing so hard on saying what they told her to say duing "preparation" that she's limiting herself unnecessarily. She needs to get out and be Palin. She's quite a remarkable woman, when she is herself.

So far, she appears to be every bit the idiot and social climber that the Alaskans that know her best describe her as!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond that, we really don't freaking know!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a secretive type, can't you see?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

stephanie
09-26-2008, 11:38 PM

So far, she appears to be every bit the idiot and social climber that the Alaskans that know her best describe her as!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beyond that, we really don't freaking know!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a secretive type, can't you see?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

kinda like your boy Obambam, huh?

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Got anything to back that up, stevie?

kinda like your boy Obambam, huh?

Other than the reichwing whining from you and others like you I find no deficiencies in the man. Do you care to freshen my memory?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

stephanie
09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Got anything to back that up, stevie?

Other than the reichwing whining from you and others like you I find no deficiencies in the man. Do you care to freshen my memory?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

the American hating boy wonder you all support will fail, just like the other elitist commie snobs you all select to run for President..so you are hearing no whining from me........laughter is what you are hearing and :cow::cow:

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Beyond expounding from your asshole, stevie, what can you add to this conversation?

the American hating boy wonder you all support will fail, just like the other elitist commie snobs you all select to run for President..so you are hearing no whining from me........laughter is what you are hearing and :cow::cow:

What is that whining sound that I hear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Surely not just a tight poot!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
09-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Beyond expounding from your asshole, Stevie, what can you add to this conversation?

What is that whining sound that I hear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Surely not just a tight poot!!!!!!!!!

you are just a very disgusting old drunk..I hope you treat your wife better, but I doubt it..I feel sorry for her..you need to go to bed...good riddance..:bye1:

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 12:34 AM
What's that whishing sound, stevie?

you are just a very disgusting old drunk..I hope you treat your wife better, but I doubt it..I feel sorry for her..you need to go to bed...good riddance..:bye1:

Are you leaving? You always told me that you wanted to be treated like all the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In girl talk, Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCA
09-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll admit, this took me by surprise. I don't think Palin deserves it, in reality Parker is more a NOW feminist than one would think. Guess she didn't get the Bubba memo?

Yep, just as I suspected, if you are against Palin and a woman then you automatically become a NOW feminazi................................more sound logic has never been heard.

Sitarro
09-28-2008, 02:31 PM
never heard of her.....where is her column published?.....

No shit Prophet, I read a lot of columns and have never heard of this person.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
No shit Prophet, I read a lot of columns and have never heard of this person.

then you must not read the national review very often

Psychoblues
09-28-2008, 09:56 PM
National Review is a very well known and respected conservative periodical. It is by no means a liberal rag!!!!!!!!!

DragonStryk72
09-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Actually the number of republicans souring to Palin seems to be increasing. And it seem to worsen each time she tries to argue she has foreign policy exp, due to her proximity to Russia. It would like saying I know boston cause I lived in New York.

Overall, Palin's appointment from left field struck me as pandering, and I've only become more convinced of it in the following weeks. I'm not arguing that she's dim, or anything of the sort, but she is quite obviously not ready for this, and is being used for a dog and pony show.

Psychoblues
09-28-2008, 11:50 PM
I have spent many hours in a University Law Library. I am not a lawyer!!!!!!!

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Big deal, one so called conservative woman thinks Sarah Palin is in over her head. Maybe she is, but then so is Barack Obama. As for spouting nothing when she speaks... "I have a plan... I am just not going to share it with you". Hey, did that come from Obama or Kerry or both?

Palin bows out and Barack Obama is crowned king and America becomes the next East Germany.

Immie

If this happens I'm moving to Alaska and joining the succession movement!!!:laugh2:

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
There is no doubt that all this bottling her up away from the media is bad.

Unfortunatey this proves exactly what American has been saying about the MSM..........they have way too much power. Someone comes along that won't play by their rules and they are having a tantrum. She doesn't want to play in their sandbox or by their "rules" and they are flexing their power by demonizing her. If someone repeats themselves they are idiots.....if they say something different they are flipflopping. You can't please all the people all the time so it's better to just stay true to oneself.........changing with how the wind blows will drive a person insane.

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I think that movement has been pretty much dispensed with, mkp!!!!!!!

If this happens I'm moving to Alaska and joining the succession movement!!!:laugh2:

And I don't think the conservatives want to hear much more about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Why do you care? You're not voting Republican anyway. Just focus on your guy and hope he wins. Why are you wasting so much time and energy worrying about Gov. Palin? Relax!!!

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
I think that movement has been pretty much dispensed with, mkp!!!!!!!

And I don't think the conservatives want to hear much more about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

They may do a flipflop - especially if Obama is elected.

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 12:33 AM
I see a lot of ignorance on this site, mkp.

Why do you care? You're not voting Republican anyway. Just focus on your guy and hope he wins. Why are you wasting so much time and energy worrying about Gov. Palin? Relax!!!

I like to see them crying and wailing as I drag them into the 21st Century.

Dig it?

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:36 AM
I see a lot of ignorance on this site, mkp.

I like to see them crying and wailing as I drag them into the 21st Century.

Dig it?

I understand, but I think all this energy you are generating would be of better use to your own party ..... instead of making it negative energy directed at your rivals. Why not post to support your candidate's ideology instead of making it your mission to educate the ignorant....do you really think you will convert anyone?

Just a thought.

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
I do quite a lot of that, mkp, but maybe you're just taking it the wrong way?

I understand, but I think all this energy you are generating would be of better use to your own party ..... instead of making it negative energy directed at your rivals. Why not post to support your candidate's ideology instead of making it your mission to educate the ignorant....do you really think you will convert anyone?

Just a thought.

Or,,,,,,could it be that you are one of the more ignorant ones and I just make your head hurt? How's the crying and wailing coming along?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

emmett
09-29-2008, 12:45 AM
I don't know why gabby didn't include some of the text. Here's just a bit of it.

The Palin Problem
by Kathleen Parker

WASHINGTON -- If at one time women were considered heretical for swimming upstream against feminist orthodoxy, they now face condemnation for swimming downstream -- away from Sarah Palin.............

As we've seen and heard more from John McCain's running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn't know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion..........

Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.............

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there's not much content there............

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we'd all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she's a woman -- and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket -- we are reluctant to say what is painfully true................

More: http://townhall.com/columnists/KathleenParker/2008/09/26/the_palin_problem?page=2

The article, especially written by a noted conservative, is in the least enlightening as to the problems with Palin and the empty clothes she walks around in.

If she is still the nominee at the time of her debate with Joe Biden I remain at least unconvinced of her qualifications and suitabilities to perform as an executive of anything.

Yeah but I bet she knew who the president of the US was in 1929 and that we didn't have television and that FDR didn't go on that TV we didn't have and make a speech he didn't make!

Just this one act by Biden trumps ANYTHING Sarah Palin could not know! PERIOD!!!

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:51 AM
I do quite a lot of that, mkp, but maybe you're just taking it the wrong way?

Or,,,,,,could it be that you are one of the more ignorant ones and I just make your head hurt? How's the crying and wailing coming along?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Pyscho - I'd rather be one of the "ignorant" ones than to think I understand you and your perspective of the world. I don't know how long you were in the military, but I've been a military spouse for over 16 years and my husband has been in the military for almost 30 years. Neither of our world views comes close to yours. Of course, neither of us has participated in "mind altering" substances.........so our view is would obviously be quite different than yours. :slap:

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah but I bet she knew who the president of the US was in 1929 and that we didn't have television and that FDR didn't go on that TV we didn't have and make a speech he didn't make!

Just this one act by Biden trumps ANYTHING Sarah Palin could not know! PERIOD!!!

Oh, contrare........it all depends on the conviction with which one states the "facts". Biden comes across as knowing more (to the easily swayed liberals), even if his facts are made up on the spot, because he says it with such conviction!!! :cheers2:

Do you think it was a Democrat that informed him that his facts were just a wee bit off????? I seriously doubt it.

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, I haven't done much beyond my Busch beer. Is that mind altering enough for you?

Pyscho - I'd rather be one of the "ignorant" ones than to think I understand you and your perspective of the world. I don't know how long you were in the military, but I've been a military spouse for over 16 years and my husband has been in the military for almost 30 years. Neither of our world views comes close to yours. Of course, neither of us has participated in "mind altering" substances.........so our view is would obviously be quite different than yours. :slap:

I have about 15 years total in military service beyond the participation and active involvement of my children. None of my kids are currently serving and I am one very happy father for that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Do you have anything to back up that assertion, mkp?

Oh, contrare........it all depends on the conviction with which one states the "facts". Biden comes across as knowing more (to the easily swayed liberals), even if his facts are made up on the spot, because he says it with such conviction!!! :cheers2:

Do you think it was a Democrat that informed him that his facts were just a wee bit off????? I seriously doubt it.

FauxNews needs your number. They are seriously looking for information like you demonstrate as to having some expertise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Do you have anything to back up that assertion, mkp?

My opinion is my backup. Unlike you I am perfectly capable of watching an interview and forming my own opinion.

FauxNews needs your number. They are seriously looking for information like you demonstrate as to having some expertise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who? If you are referring to a MSM outlet........you would be wrong. I went to USF and that isn't elite or liberal enough to qualify as someone they are interested in listening to.

Anyway - it's been fun but I'm done with you tonight. I don't like debating with drunks. You need some :coffee:

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 01:21 AM
You are indeed a silly one, mkp.

My opinion is my backup. Unlike you I am perfectly capable of watching an interview and forming my own opinion.

Who? If you are referring to a MSM outlet........you would be wrong. I went to USF and that isn't elite or liberal enough to qualify as someone they are interested in listening to.

Anyway - it's been fun but I'm done with you tonight. I don't like debating with drunks. You need some :coffee:

I never said that you weren't entitled to your opinion. I simply asked you to back up your statements of fact with something besides your opinion. Is that difficult for you?

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 03:39 AM
Are you attempting to represent that yours and your husbands military experience in any way diminishes that of my own or even of any single day of any other, mkp?

The military has failed you, mkp. The military that I am a veteran of taught me to be at least respectful of any service of any others.

Have I somehow disrespected your or your military husbands experience? Quite simply, NO, I have not. Is it your attempt in this thread to disrespect my own? YES, you are certainly doing your sorry best to do so.

Your attitude and those similar trouble me. I just can't figure out where you think your high horses are so mighty.

Sitarro
09-29-2008, 04:32 AM
Are you attempting to represent that yours and your husbands military experience in any way diminishes that of my own or even of any single day of any other, mkp?

The military has failed you, mkp. The military that I am a veteran of taught me to be at least respectful of any service of any others.

Have I somehow disrespected your or your military husbands experience? Quite simply, NO, I have not. Is it your attempt in this thread to disrespect my own? YES, you are certainly doing your sorry best to do so.

Your attitude and those similar trouble me. I just can't figure out where you think your high horses are so mighty.

Sorry sycho, she didn't disrespect your service to this country, you are reading with rot gut beer goggles.

mundame
09-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Actually the number of republicans souring to Palin seems to be increasing. And it seem to worsen each time she tries to argue she has foreign policy exp, due to her proximity to Russia. It would like saying I know boston cause I lived in New York.

Overall, Palin's appointment from left field struck me as pandering, and I've only become more convinced of it in the following weeks. I'm not arguing that she's dim, or anything of the sort, but she is quite obviously not ready for this, and is being used for a dog and pony show.

The lowering expectations game is in full play right now --- lots of commentators saying Palin will do badly against Biden. So if she doesn't do TOO badly, she'll be a heroine again.

But after Bush's low-intelligence administration, running the country pretty much into the ground militarily and financially, and dividing us possibly fatally, I'd suggest we NOT elect a VP quite as stupid as this Palin woman seems to be.

She'll finish the job Bush started and we'll be back to using horses like in 1932, those of us who survive.

stephanie
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
:lol:

what ya got against horse??

that's what the Obambam and all the liberal enviormentlist want us to all go back to anyway..well, actually it probably the bicycle..

just start getting used to it now...:cheers2:

mundame
09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
:lol:

what ya got against horse??

that's what the Obambam and all the liberal enviormentlist want us to all go back to anyway..well, actually it probably the bicycle..

just start getting used to it now...:cheers2:

Oh, I'm used to it. I've had horses around the farm all my life, two at the moment.

And that is why I know for sure that we do NOT want to have that bad a crash in our economy.

Sitarro
09-29-2008, 12:58 PM
The lowering expectations game is in full play right now --- lots of commentators saying Palin will do badly against Biden. So if she doesn't do TOO badly, she'll be a heroine again.

But after Bush's low-intelligence administration, running the country pretty much into the ground militarily and financially, and dividing us possibly fatally, I'd suggest we NOT elect a VP quite as stupid as this Palin woman seems to be.

She'll finish the job Bush started and we'll be back to using horses like in 1932, those of us who survive.

Mundame....... you are one of the most naive of anyone I have ever read. It's Democrats that are claiming she is an idiot. "Bush's low-intelligence administration"?????? He beat the Democrats 2 elections in a row, if his administration is so low on intelligence, what does that say about the dems that couldn't beat him?

Clinton and Carter before him ran the military into the ground. President Bush has had our military fight 2 wars, kicking ass in both, and training for more Desert warfare in the future. The new technology that has been designed and implemented because of these two conflicts are huge. The advancement in health care because of the innovative approaches to injuries during these two wars are amazing. The military doctors have lead the way in new techniques for surgery and replacement of limbs. Aircraft without pilots aboard have become a deadly asset in a new style of warfare adapted over the last eight years. The info and intell that has been acquired is priceless.

Divide???? Bush tried to work with the Dems for the betterment of the country, they were the ones that refused to do what was best for us. They are the ones that continue even today, to race bait and use class warfare by declaring to the poor that people with money are their enemies. They are the ones that tried to rig the last three elections, finally becoming successful with the last one, see where it has gotten us? They are the ones that have accused our President of everything wrong that has happened now, in the future and the past. They are the ones that have caused the mess on Wall Street and blame the Republicans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac especially.

It is demorats that want us driving bicycles and Flinstone cars while they fly around in gas guzzling aircraft and drive around in huge Limo SUVs.

Democrats are the ones that welcome the dregs of society for a vote. They open their collective arms to the American Commie party, NAMBLA members, felons, crooks, cheats, lowlifes, perpetually jobless, perpetually homeless, murderers, rapists, thieves, abortionists, drug addicted worthless lives, porch monkeys, Wall Street ripoffs like Frank Raines, muslims, incest practitioners and pretty much anyone that isn't conservative.

mundame
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Democrats are the ones that welcome the dregs of society for a vote. They open their collective arms to the American Commie party, NAMBLA members, felons, crooks, cheats, lowlifes, perpetually jobless, perpetually homeless, murderers, rapists, thieves, abortionists, drug addicted worthless lives, porch monkeys, Wall Street ripoffs like Frank Raines, muslims, incest practitioners and pretty much anyone that isn't conservative.

Nice rant. http://macg.net/emoticons/peace.gif

Sitarro
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Nice rant. http://macg.net/emoticons/peace.gif

Thanks, I hope you learned something..... anything.:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Rants are not informational, zero. They're just rants.

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Mundame....... you are one of the most naive of anyone I have ever read. It's Democrats that are claiming she is an idiot. "Bush's low-intelligence administration"?????? He beat the Democrats 2 elections in a row, if his administration is so low on intelligence, what does that say about the dems that couldn't beat him?

Clinton and Carter before him ran the military into the ground. President Bush has had our military fight 2 wars, kicking ass in both, and training for more Desert warfare in the future. The new technology that has been designed and implemented because of these two conflicts are huge. The advancement in health care because of the innovative approaches to injuries during these two wars are amazing. The military doctors have lead the way in new techniques for surgery and replacement of limbs. Aircraft without pilots aboard have become a deadly asset in a new style of warfare adapted over the last eight years. The info and intell that has been acquired is priceless.

Divide???? Bush tried to work with the Dems for the betterment of the country, they were the ones that refused to do what was best for us. They are the ones that continue even today, to race bait and use class warfare by declaring to the poor that people with money are their enemies. They are the ones that tried to rig the last three elections, finally becoming successful with the last one, see where it has gotten us? They are the ones that have accused our President of everything wrong that has happened now, in the future and the past. They are the ones that have caused the mess on Wall Street and blame the Republicans, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac especially.

It is demorats that want us driving bicycles and Flinstone cars while they fly around in gas guzzling aircraft and drive around in huge Limo SUVs.

Must spread reputation ..... tried to give you some. Excellent points.