PDA

View Full Version : Economics 101 or Desperation 101

Yurt
09-26-2008, 06:58 PM
as some know, i moved away from SLO this past summer and then moved back. it is a semi heat wave this afternoon (88 and muggy) so i order a pizza because i do not want to turn on my vintage stove/oven. i love my wedgewood, don't get me wrong, but when the vintage heats up, oh boy, so does the whole place. btw, it is always 'warm', not like modern ovens.

not my kitchen, but it actually looks very close (awesome 50s kitchen) and the stove is probably the same:

http://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/c/c8/Wedgewood-oven-3192.jpg/250px-Wedgewood-oven-3192.jpg

so, i call up the pizza joint that i used to buy pizza from. i told them i don't have coupons but what are the specials. he actually gave me a great special, so i asked him if business has been slow due to the economy. he said, i don't know, but it has been slow, real slow. i said, well poly has been out for the summer and he said, no, really slow. so i said if i pick it up, (a couple of blocks from me) is it even cheaper? yeah. so i pick it up and good lord, i have never seen such a full topping pizza from this guy since i first moved back here 4 years ago. i actually stopped going to him before i moved because the more popular he got the less his pizzas became.

my opinion, now that he is hurting for business and poly is not fronting him, he is now making deals and making the best pizza he can in order to get folks to buy his pizza. before, he had so many folks, it was a bitch to get pizza there.

i don't know....