PDA

View Full Version : Obama - McCain Debate Thread

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
My first criticism:

The god damned sound man should have his ass strung up and hanged!!!!!!! All the "s" sounds from all 3 mics produce a whistling or squealing sound.........Otherwise, so far I am happy.

Where do they get these non professional ear-less jerks!!!!!!!

Please keep up comments about the debate on this thread. Thank you, Psychoblues

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
09-26-2008, 08:48 PM
the moderator sucks, as does the Obambam..

John McCain sound Presidential..

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your enormous contribution to the substance and production of the debate, stevie.

the moderator sucks, as does the Obambam..

John McCain sound Presidential..

I still respect 'ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!!!!!!!!

No1tovote4
09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
The moderator has spent all his time trying to make them fight each other. I think he's playing the "get McCain mad" game based on his reputation for getting angry easily.

McCain is doing well, IMO. He's standing his ground and unafraid to point out and inform of Obama's record. Slim as it is, it trends towards things that people are not supporting at this time.

Obama is looking very bad in the Iraq portion, mostly because of all the recent comments on how much phail that would come from the surge that he had to back down from. Then he basically said that, "Yeah, what McCain said about Afghanistan"...

Gaffer
09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Took 40 minutes to get to foreign policy. Now that they are on it McCain sounds good. obamanation sounds uninformed and is often in agreement with McCain. He also says "when I am president of the United States" after most of his comments. McCain never made that statement through out the debate.

stephanie
09-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for your enormous contribution to the substance and production of the debate, stevie.

I still respect 'ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!!!!!!!!

I keep it short and to the point..not like some people here..:laugh2:

Gaffer
09-26-2008, 09:19 PM
McCain's starting to take him apart.

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Somebody tell Mr. McCain that he doesn't have to tell lies to make his point. Obama has caught him in no less than 3 so far. Still listening and watching.

KitchenKitten99
09-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Obama is now a psychic? He foresaw the Georgia/Russia conflict?

Hmmm....

stephanie
09-26-2008, 09:30 PM
the Obambam looks and sounds like a little dumb kid next to John McCain.

help us all if he is elected..

No1tovote4
09-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Obama is now a psychic? He foresaw the Georgia/Russia conflict?

Hmmm....
LOL.

He was definitely "parsing words" on his "without precondition" remarks. He's spinning so hard that he can't see straight anymore.

It wasn't that hard to foresee the Georgia conflict, all one has to do is look at the history of the Sudetenland. Russia plays the role of Germany, stagnating talks, ensuring that reconciliation will never take place then rolls tanks in for "protection" around the cities and has their propaganda team run around saying that the Georgians attacked the cities and not the tanks...

Naive? Danged straight. Dangerously unprepared, even moreso. Obama's attempts to link McCain to Bush tonight. Phail, 100% Phail.

Gaffer
09-26-2008, 09:34 PM
o still wants to cut and run. He's a novice up against a master.

Mr. P
09-26-2008, 09:38 PM
McCain owned the night.

BoogyMan
09-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Senator Obama has certainly shown himself to be an empty suit tonight, and Senator McCain can off as the elder statesman.

McCain made Obama look like a child.

No1tovote4
09-26-2008, 09:42 PM
McCain owned the night.
No doubt. Even when he stuttered and mispronounced Ahmadinejad he corrected well. The stuttering of Obama drives me insane.

They both did well with the hand gestures, and Obama totally failed at the attempt to anger McCain.

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 09:46 PM
This night was for McCain in Foreign affairs. Obama made him look like a junior congressman with only Arizona experience. Obama was definitely the superior in this fair and balanced exhibition of political and executive prowess.

stephanie
09-26-2008, 09:53 PM
:lol:

put down the beers..and wishful thinking just ain't gonna cut it..

the Obambam couldn't even pronounce half the names of the people from other countries that McCain has dealt with...

Joe Steel
09-26-2008, 09:55 PM
The verdict's in...

McCain is just a crazy old man.

He kept saying Obama didn't know this and didn't get that when, in fact, Obama was absolutely correct on everything. He was attacking Obama rather than than demonstrating substantive knowledge of the issues. Someone should tell McCain saying so doesn't make it so.

Gaffer
09-26-2008, 09:59 PM
No doubt. Even when he stuttered and mispronounced Ahmadinejad he corrected well. The stuttering of Obama drives me insane.

They both did well with the hand gestures, and Obama totally failed at the attempt to anger McCain.

But McCain didn't fail to anger the o.

o kept referring to when he was president, while McCain never did that, tho he did get a jab in on that statement saying he didn't have a presidential seal.

o also had to do a lot of back peddling. If the media does their job, which they won't, they have lots of former statements he made in the past to compare with what he said.

stephanie
09-26-2008, 10:00 PM

I guess you all gotta keep your spirits up after the Obambam let you all down..he looked so out of the loop of things, from what the American people want here at home, to being dangerous on his positions in Foreign policy...

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm glad the cameras, because of the lecturns, didn't get a shot of McCain pissing his pants about 12 times!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 10:06 PM
As usual, you're delusional and subject to projection, stevie.

put down the beers..and wishful thinking just ain't gonna cut it..

the Obambam couldn't even pronounce half the names of the people from other countries that McCain has dealt with...

It was JM that had trouble with the pronunciations. Obama had none of the kind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get you a Cape Cod?!?!?!??!??!?

Mr. P
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM
The verdict's in...

McCain is just a crazy old man.

He kept saying Obama didn't know this and didn't get that when, in fact, Obama was absolutely correct on everything. He was attacking Obama rather than than demonstrating substantive knowledge of the issues. Someone should tell McCain saying so doesn't make it so.

Poor slow Joe..you even have problems with conversational comprehension, huh?

You attended public school no doubt. That government program failed ya, JOE.

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I was educated in public schools, P. Why are you so afraid of me?

You often post and ditch. What's the freakin' deal with you?

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Breaking News From Independent Polls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner of debate:

Obama - 50%
McCain - 22%
Tie - 28%

Simple extrapolation. 64% think Obama won. Surprising? Not to me!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
09-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Breaking News From Independent Polls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner of debate:

Obama - 50%
McCain - 22%
Tie - 28%

Simple extrapolation. 64% think Obama won. Surprising? Not to me!!!!!!!!!

what? you should of taken the one off CNN...it's rigged better than that one..
it has the Obambam winning by about 80 to 20...:coffee:

Mr. P
09-26-2008, 11:55 PM

Ditch? Nahhh...I make my comment and move on...I don't play with MORONS and then I have a bed time too. :cheers2:

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm listening right now to CNN, stevie.

what? you should of taken the one off CNN...it's rigged better than that one..
it has the Obambam winning by about 80 to 20...:coffee:

They offer transcripts. Can you link me to one that indicates what you say?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

theHawk
09-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I thought McCain nailed him on the economic issues as well. I loved the part when Obama was complaining about big breaks for oil companies and McCain chimed in "you voted for it!" LOL. Slam dunk MAC!

McCain was brilliant in pointing out the VOTING record of Obama. Then to watch Obammy try to spin his way out of it was quite funny.

crin63
09-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Unfortunately I think Obama did alright. He didn't really hurt himself to bad and to some degree I have call that some measure of victory for him.

Obama started out fairly good but fell off in the middle.

McCain was fairly strong throughout.

theHawk
09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
The one thing that really annoyed me was when Lehrer kept asking what you'd do differently as President because of the financial crysis. Seems like they both answered it 2 or 3 times but he kept asking the same question...

Mr. P
09-27-2008, 12:12 AM
The one thing that really annoyed me was when Lehrer kept asking what you'd do differently as President because of the financial crysis. Seems like they both answered it 2 or 3 times but he kept asking the same question...

I didn't think they really answered..I guess Lehrer didn't either.

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 12:37 AM
They both answered it quite well. Lehrer just wasn't personally satisfied. I thought it was a non issue at the time.

No1tovote4
09-27-2008, 12:58 AM
have you seen the one on Drudge yet?

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Drudge? What's that?

have you seen the one on Drudge yet?

Last I checked with that site it was everything I expected it to be. Drudge.

No1tovote4
09-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Drudge? What's that?

Last I checked with that site it was everything I expected it to be. Drudge.

Oh, an example of a poll, like the one you posted earlier.

Online polls are worth only the paper they are printed on. And since teh interwebs (thank you Al Gore) are paperless, that should tell you something.

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 01:11 AM
So what does Drudge have to say?

Oh, an example of a poll, like the one you posted earlier.

Online polls are worth only the paper they are printed on. And since teh interwebs (thank you Al Gore) are paperless, that should tell you something.

Can you share at least a link?

No1tovote4
09-27-2008, 01:14 AM
So what does Drudge have to say?

Can you share at least a link?

It's on the home page of the www.drudgereport.com website.

{{{{DRUDGE POLL}}}} WHO WON THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

MCCAIN
66% 122,978
OBAMA
32% 59,185
NEITHER
2% 4,217

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 01:21 AM
Should I repeat?

It's on the home page of the www.drudgereport.com website.

Who the fuck is Drudge?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

theHawk
09-27-2008, 02:12 AM
I missed the last half hour of the debate the first time around. Just watched the repeat of it.

I have to say Obama really got unravelled at the end. McCain really showed how much more experience he has, and that exchange where McCain was replying to Obama and Obammy kept trying to interrupt him was pretty unflattering for Barry.

Its quite obvious Obama cannot handle when someone speaks the truth about the Barry Voting Record. People talk about McCain having a bad temper, but its pretty apparent that Barack has one too. If he becomes President he'll probably have people jailed for saying anything bad about him.

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Don't tell me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I missed the last half hour of the debate the first time around. Just watched the repeat of it.

I have to say Obama really got unravelled at the end. McCain really showed how much more experience he has, and that exchange where McCain was replying to Obama and Obammy kept trying to interrupt him was pretty unflattering for Barry.

Its quite obvious Obama cannot handle when someone speaks the truth about the Barry Voting Record. People talk about McCain having a bad temper, but its pretty apparent that Barack has one too. If he becomes President he'll probably have people jailed for saying anything bad about him.

You got the FauxNews overview and you can't get it out of your sillyass mind?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Holyshit, just what's real anymore!!!!!!!!! I can't believe my own deaf ears and blind eyes!!!!!!!!!

Silly goose.

theHawk
09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm not the only one who thought Barack was following McCain's lead on many issues.

On spending cuts:

“Well, I think Senator McCain’s absolutely right that we need more responsibility, but we need it not just when there’s a crisis.”

On spending cuts II:

“Not willing to give up the need to do it but there may be individual components that we can’t do. But John is right we have to make cuts. We right now give $15 billion every year as subsidies to private insurers under the Medicare system. Doesn’t work any better through the private insurers. They just skim off $15 billion.”

On earmarks:

“Well, Senator McCain is absolutely right that the earmarks process has been abused, which is why I suspended any requests for my home state, whether it was for senior centers or what have you, until we cleaned it up.”

He is "suspending" earmarks. I guess that means after the election its back to business as usual? :laugh2:

On lobbyists:

“He’s also right that oftentimes lobbyists and special interests are the ones that are introducing these kinds of requests, although that wasn’t the case with me.”

On business taxes being too high:

“Now, John mentioned the fact that business taxes on paper are high in this country, and he’s absolutely right.”

On violence in Iraq going down:

“Senator McCain is absolutely right that the violence has been reduced as a consequence of the extraordinary sacrifice of our troops and our military families.”
Yet Obama is complety unable to admit he was wrong. :poke:

On POTUS needing to use prudent language: (but added after the McCain bomb, bomb Iran gaffe)

“And, John, I — you’re absolutely right that presidents have to be prudent in what they say.”

On Iraq being “difficult”:

“Now, Senator McCain is also right that it’s difficult. This is not an easy situation.”

On not tolerating Iran having nukes:

“Senator McCain is absolutely right, we cannot tolerate a nuclear Iran.”

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/26/john-is-right/

theHawk
09-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Don't tell me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You got the FauxNews overview and you can't get it out of your sillyass mind?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Holyshit, just what's real anymore!!!!!!!!! I can't believe my own deaf ears and blind eyes!!!!!!!!!

Silly goose.

FoxNews didn't say anything about the exchange. They did have Juan Williams though claiming Obama "tied" McCain. :lame2:

-Cp
09-27-2008, 03:48 AM
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_Ys3Z8oyxc&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_Ys3Z8oyxc&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
09-27-2008, 04:24 AM
I didn't watch the whole debate....I wasn't hearing anything new so I got bored easily.....but can I have a fact check.....Obama stated that he warned everyone about this financial crisis two years ago.....when and where did that happen?......

Joe Steel
09-27-2008, 05:33 AM

Not a bit. In fact, I had you figured for an idiot quite awhile ago.

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:18 AM
McCain did well in the debate - and so does Obama

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ec3aC8ZJZTc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ec3aC8ZJZTc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Looks like the messiah pulled a Biden during the debate

Kissinger Says Obama Wrong on Kissinger's Position in Debate Tonight
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
September 27, 2008 - 00:10 ET

Here is something that the media should focus on. In the debates tonight, Barack Obama said that even Henry Kissinger agreed with Obama that on a presidential level a diplomatic meeting with as rogue a leader as Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a good idea. McCain immediately said that this was not true, but the issue wasn't further addressed in the debate.

Well, now Henry Kissinger himself is attempting to set the record straight. Kissinger says that Obama was wrong, McCain was right. Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard has a short post to this effect on his TheBlog entry.

Kissinger Unhappy About Obama

Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality."

Well, that about answers to that Obama lie.

This reply by Kissinger should find greater exposure to show that Obama really is out of his depth on foreign policy issues. Let's hope the Old Media corrects the record.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/09/27/kissinger-says-obama-wrong-kissingers-position-debate-tonight

retiredman
09-27-2008, 08:21 AM
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1845106,00.html

pretty interesting critiques

Joe Steel
09-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Looks like the messiah pulled a Biden during the debate

Kissinger Says Obama Wrong on Kissinger's Position in Debate Tonight
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
September 27, 2008 - 00:10 ET

Here is something that the media should focus on. In the debates tonight, Barack Obama said that even Henry Kissinger agreed with Obama that on a presidential level a diplomatic meeting with as rogue a leader as Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a good idea. McCain immediately said that this was not true, but the issue wasn't further addressed in the debate.

Well, now Henry Kissinger himself is attempting to set the record straight. Kissinger says that Obama was wrong, McCain was right. Stephen Hayes of the Weekly Standard has a short post to this effect on his TheBlog entry.

Kissinger Unhappy About Obama

Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality."

Well, that about answers to that Obama lie.

This reply by Kissinger should find greater exposure to show that Obama really is out of his depth on foreign policy issues. Let's hope the Old Media corrects the record.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/09/27/kissinger-says-obama-wrong-kissingers-position-debate-tonight

Distortion and misrepresentation as always.

...a statement issued by former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger in response to Sen. Barack Obama's citation during the presidential debate of Kissinger's support for direct negotiation with Iran without preconditions. The statement read: "Senator [John] McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level." But King did not point out that, contrary to Kissinger's suggestion, at no point during the debate that night did Obama suggest that Kissinger had previously endorsed presidential-level talks between the United States and Iran.

CNN's King reads Kissinger statement without noting accusation against Obama is false (http://mediamatters.org/items/200809270002)

McCain and the war criminal Kissinger are just desperate wingnuts saying whatever they have to say to advance their schemes.

theHawk
09-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Obama made some good points, mostly about how bad the Bush administration is. The problem is that Bush mistakes alone don't specifically qualify him to be the next President. McCain was able, on many occasions, to point out specifically that not only did he disagree with policy on Bush, but he also did something about it. Parrotting the whole "90 percent with Bush" talking point doesn't really prove anything. Technically one of the issues that McCain and Bush "voted together on" is the surge, but we all know McCain fought tooth and nails against the administration to get that. McCain also missed an opportunity to point out he was indeed with Bush on reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. McCain has a proven track record of standing up for whats right for the troops, even if it goes against Republicans. He did indeed go against Reagan on troops in Beruit. Meanwhile Obama has absolutely no record to show he will make good decisions like that as Commander in Chief.

Joe Steel
09-27-2008, 08:57 AM
...the whole "90 percent with Bush" talking point doesn't really prove anything.

Of course it does.

McCain can't change anything if he's almost the same as Bush.

red states rule
09-27-2008, 09:00 AM
You know the debate did not go well for Obama when Chris Matthews moans how Obama was not "tougher" on McCain

Chris was also mad Obama agreed with McCain so much

theHawk
09-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Distortion and misrepresentation as always.

McCain and the war criminal Kissinger are just desperate wingnuts saying whatever they have to say to advance their schemes.

Obama tried to spin it to make it sound as if Kissinger agreed with Obama. That is not so, and he got caught lying (again). There is no debate that lower level people will meet with Iranian officials.

Perhaps you don't remember Obama's big gaffe in the primaries?

When asked if he would be "willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran"

Obama - "I would".

theHawk
09-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Of course it does.

So it was wrong of McCain to try to reform Fannie Mae, because it was "with Bush"?

Joe Steel
09-27-2008, 09:09 AM
...McCain also missed an opportunity to point out he was indeed with Bush on reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

What "reforms" do you think McCain and Bush wanted to make?

I don't think they wanted to reform Fannie and Freddie at all. More than likely they change the regulations to reduce the existing control.

Several years ago, state attorneys general and others involved in consumer protection began to notice a marked increase in a range of predatory lending practices by mortgage lenders. Some were misrepresenting the terms of loans, making loans without regard to consumers' ability to repay, making loans with deceptive "teaser" rates that later ballooned astronomically, packing loans with undisclosed charges and fees, or even paying illegal kickbacks. These and other practices, we noticed, were having a devastating effect on home buyers. In addition, the widespread nature of these practices, if left unchecked, threatened our financial markets.

Even though predatory lending was becoming a national problem, the Bush administration looked the other way and did nothing to protect American homeowners. In fact, the government chose instead to align itself with the banks that were victimizing consumers.

Predatory lending was widely understood to present a looming national crisis. This threat was so clear that as New York attorney general, I joined with colleagues in the other 49 states in attempting to fill the void left by the federal government. Individually, and together, state attorneys general of both parties brought litigation or entered into settlements with many subprime lenders that were engaged in predatory lending practices. Several state legislatures, including New York's, enacted laws aimed at curbing such practices.

What did the Bush administration do in response? Did it reverse course and decide to take action to halt this burgeoning scourge? As Americans are now painfully aware, with hundreds of thousands of homeowners facing foreclosure and our markets reeling, the answer is a resounding no.

Not only did the Bush administration do nothing to protect consumers, it embarked on an aggressive and unprecedented campaign to prevent states from protecting their residents from the very problems to which the federal government was turning a blind eye.

Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime: How the Bush Administration Stopped the States From Stepping In to Help Consumers (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/13/AR2008021302783.html)

Secondly, in 2005 and 2006, right around the time McCain was supposed to have cosponsored a bill to regulate the after-market mortgage industry, Phil Gramm, a very good friend of McCain, was lobbying Congress for his empoyer, Swiss bank UBS. Gramm is a deregulation zealot who was instrumental in causing the subprime crisis. I can't believe that he didn't turn to his pal, John McCain and I can't believe McCain didn't help him, reduce regulation not increase it.

Joe Steel
09-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Obama tried to spin it to make it sound as if Kissinger agreed with Obama. That is not so, and he got caught lying (again). There is no debate that lower level people will meet with Iranian officials.

Kissinger did agree that meeting without preconditions at a high level was appropriate.

Perhaps you don't remember Obama's big gaffe in the primaries?

When asked if he would be "willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran"

Obama - "I would".

I don't see that as a "gaffe." I agree with Obama.

Meeting with anyone, at anytime, under any conditions, is the President's prerogative. McCain's ranting about its appeance was silly.

red states rule
09-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Kissinger did agree that meeting without preconditions at a high level was appropriate.

I don't see that as a "gaffe." I agree with Obama.

Meeting with anyone, at anytime, under any conditions, is the President's prerogative. McCain's ranting about its appeance was silly.

You mean you are ignoring the gaffe. Obama represents liberal foreign policy. He is more interested in other countries liking the US then capturing and killing terrorists

theHawk
09-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Even though predatory lending was becoming a national problem, the Bush administration looked the other way and did nothing to protect American homeowners. In fact, the government chose instead to align itself with the banks that were victimizing consumers.

Predatory lending was widely understood to present a looming national crisis. This threat was so clear that as New York attorney general, I joined with colleagues in the other 49 states in attempting to fill the void left by the federal government. Individually, and together, state attorneys general of both parties brought litigation or entered into settlements with many subprime lenders that were engaged in predatory lending practices. Several state legislatures, including New York's, enacted laws aimed at curbing such practices.

And what exactly is "predatory lending"? Giving loans to people who can't pay them back? Thats EXACTLY what dems, especially the Congressional Black Caucus, have been pushing for all these years. For want of putting more minorities into houses, the Dems rammed those "predatory lending" practices down the throats of the lenders.

IMO, this is how dems are trying to socialize this country. Get all the poor minorities to buy houses, force the lenders to give them loans. When the loans fail, have the taxpayers (i.e. rich white people) bail them out. And ta-dah!, we've got a form of income redistribution! A communist like you should be proud Joe!

Immanuel
09-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately I think Obama did alright. He didn't really hurt himself to bad and to some degree I have call that some measure of victory for him.

Obama started out fairly good but fell off in the middle.

McCain was fairly strong throughout.

That was how I saw it. Neither candidate landed any knock out blows in the debate. Senator McCain remained pretty steady throughout the debate, but Senator Obama showed some weaknesses but nothing catastrophic.

And as someone else said, it seemed that Senator Obama was riding on Senator McCain's coattails an awful lot.

Overall, I would say that Senator McCain pulled off a narrow victory in the debate.

Immie

PostmodernProphet
09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Of course it does.

just like Obama can't change anything when he IS 100% with Reid and Pelosi....

Abbey Marie
09-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Obama said HE, himself, as President, would meet with Ahmadinejad (sp?) without preconditions. That is a whole different thing from lower level people meeting with him, which is what Kissinger is OK with.

But you already know this, Joe. Stop spinning- we are all too smart for it. Heck, my daughter is too smart for it.

Poor little Obama, either his inexperience or his dreadful associations catch him up every time.

But hey, he did look good in that empty suit!

red states rule
09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Obama said HE, himself, as President, would meet with Ahmadinejad (sp?) without preconditions. That is a whole different thing from lower level people meeting with him, which is what Kissinger is OK with.

But you already know this, Joe. Stop spinning- we are all too smart for it. Heck, my daughter is too smart for it.

Poor little Obama, either his inexperience or his dreadful associations catch him up every time.

But hey, he did look good in that empty suit!

Not only that Abbey, Obama's handlers should have told him to wipe that condescending smirk off his face

He did not do as well as the Obamabots had hoped

LSDNBC was not jumping for joy after the debate and Chris Matthews was not getting that thrill up his leg as he usually does after the messiah speaks

Abbey Marie
09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Not only that Abbey, Obama's handlers should have told him to wipe that condescending smirk off his face

He did not do as well as the Obamabots had hoped

LSDNBC was not jumping for joy after the debate and Chris Matthews was not getting that thrill up his leg as he usually does after the messiah speaks

I am curious, which leg got that thrill- left, right or middle?

Or is it like that icky feeling you get when someone's horny dog starts humping your leg?

red states rule
09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I am curious, which leg got that thrill- left, right or middle?

Or is it like that icky feeling you get when someone's horny dog starts humping your leg?

Is it Chris humping Obama's leg - or visa versa?

namvet
09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
"we can't drill our way out of this problem" hmmm where did come up with that???? :lame2:

Yurt
09-27-2008, 11:06 AM

whatever coward....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=18131

namvet
09-27-2008, 11:23 AM
did Osama really know who he was debating???? I thought I heard him call McCain "jim" at least twice???? :lame2:

the entire debate:

debate (debate)

red states rule
09-27-2008, 11:37 AM
did Osama really know who he was debating???? I thought I heard him call McCain "jim" at least twice???? :lame2:

the entire debate:

debate (debate)

This debate was like a football game

Obama ran the opening kickoff in for a touchdown, but then could not move the ball on offense for the rest of the game

McCain was slow to get his offense in gear, but did get it going and wore down the Obama defense

Final score

McCain 35

Obama 7

namvet
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
This debate was like a football game

Obama ran the opening kickoff in for a touchdown, but then could not move the ball on offense for the rest of the game

McCain was slow to get his offense in gear, but did get it going and wore down the Obama defense

Final score

McCain 35

Obama 7

Osama fumbled on engery. Mac grabed it and ran it back to the house....:lol:

red states rule
09-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Osama fumbled on engery. Mac grabed it and ran it back to the house....:lol:

Obama also dropped the ball on foreign policy. Showing he supports the MFM defense plan - run away and cower in the corner while kissing the ass of the UN

No1tovote4
09-27-2008, 01:01 PM
I didn't watch the whole debate....I wasn't hearing anything new so I got bored easily.....but can I have a fact check.....Obama stated that he warned everyone about this financial crisis two years ago.....when and where did that happen?......
When he voted against the legislation that McCain proposed that would have forestalled this mess on a party line vote killing it in committee?

namvet
09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Obama also dropped the ball on foreign policy. Showing he supports the MFM defense plan - run away and cower in the corner while kissing the ass of the UN

its a fumble !!!!!!

red states rule
09-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I knew MFM was at an Obama rally recently

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/political-pictures-barack-obama-supporting-doing-wrong.jpg

Joe Steel
09-27-2008, 01:12 PM

You're not that smart.

This is what Obama said last night:

OBAMA: So let's talk about this. First of all, Ahmadinejad is not the most powerful person in Iran. So he may not be the right person to talk to. But I reserve the right, as president of the United States to meet with anybody at a time and place of my choosing if I think it's going to keep America safe.

And I'm glad that Senator McCain brought up the history, the bipartisan history of us engaging in direct diplomacy.

Senator McCain mentioned Henry Kissinger, who's one of his advisers, who, along with five recent secretaries of state, just said that we should meet with Iran -- guess what -- without precondition. This is one of your own advisers.

Transcript of presidential debate (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/26/debate.mississippi.transcript/)

That was the issue at hand and there's nothing in there about the President.

Maybe you can get your daughter to explain it to you.

namvet
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I knew MFM was at an Obama rally recently

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/political-pictures-barack-obama-supporting-doing-wrong.jpg

http://www.tom-phillips.info/images.a/campaign.2008-final.mud.fight.r1/bo.image.04a.jpg

red states rule
09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/2772254230_86d6e303b3.jpg?v=0

namvet
09-27-2008, 01:57 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/2772254230_86d6e303b3.jpg?v=0

http://www.tom-phillips.info/images/misc.images.mno/osama.rearview.mirror.jpg

namvet
09-27-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.tom-phillips.info/images/misc.images.abc/can.osama.come.outn.play.jpg

red states rule
09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
http://politicaldemotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/obama_handout.jpg

namvet
09-27-2008, 02:03 PM
http://politicaldemotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/obama_handout.jpg

http://www.tom-phillips.info/images.a/campaign.2008-final.mud.fight.r1/bo.image.04b.jpg

red states rule
09-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Look at the lapel pin MFM gave Obama

http://mysite.verizon.net/resuqbf4/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Web-Obama-Oct09-Color.gif

namvet
09-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Look at the lapel pin MFM gave Obama

http://mysite.verizon.net/resuqbf4/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Web-Obama-Oct09-Color.gif

the good ole boys

vpUrnZHc0I4

red states rule
09-27-2008, 02:09 PM
http://bamapachyderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/vd-obama.jpg

namvet
09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
http://bamapachyderm.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/vd-obama.jpg

guess we should clean up

slurp (slurp)

red states rule
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.ragazzifamily.com/images/obama_supporters.jpg

Gaffer
09-27-2008, 02:47 PM
The real meaning of change

Come

help

a

nigger

get

elected

red states rule
09-27-2008, 02:49 PM
http://moviespoofmaddness.com/Images/T3.gif

emmett
09-27-2008, 03:08 PM
http://moviespoofmaddness.com/Images/T3.gif

red states rule
09-27-2008, 03:11 PM
http://citizenchris.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/14/pic.jpeg

red states rule
09-27-2008, 04:44 PM
and of course the liberal media ignore Barry's gaffes in the debate - like this one

Media Fail to Correct Obama’s Claim of No Al-Qaeda in Iraq Before Invasion
By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)
September 27, 2008 - 16:41 ET

Since Friday’s presidential debate, all three major broadcast networks have highlighted one of Barack Obama’s more commanding moments when he charged that John McCain was wrong in some of his pre-Iraq war predictions, but the media have so far ignored Obama’s incorrect assertion that "there was no Al-Qaeda" presence in Iraq before America’s invasion in 2003. Before the 2003 invasion, various news sources – some American, some from other countries – were already citing the governments of various countries as they reported that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the former leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, not only was already in Iraq plotting attacks to be carried out in Europe, but that he already had an association with Osama bin Laden and had spent time in Afghanistan. But during Friday’s debate, Senator Obama asserted: "Now, keep in mind that we have four times the number of troops in Iraq, where nobody had anything to do with 9/11 before we went in, where, in fact, there was no Al-Qaeda before we went in, but we have four times more troops there than we do in Afghanistan."

By contrast, ABC, CBS, and NBC have all played the following soundbite of Obama from the debate which is more favorable to the Illinois Democrat: "John, you like to pretend like the war started in 2007. You talk about the surge. The war started in 2003. And, at the time, when the war started, you said it was going to be quick and easy, you said we knew where the weapons of mass destruction were. You were wrong. You said that we were going to be greeted as liberators. You were wrong. You said that there was no history of violence between Shia and Sunni. And you were wrong."

Notably, back in January 2003 and again in March 2004, the NBC Nightly News relayed claims that the Bush administration had "passed up several opportunities to take [Zarqawi] out well before the Iraq war began." The below was first posted on February 29 of this year, and lists some of the relevant reporting on Zarqawi from various sources and countries:

While it is currently conventional wisdom in the media that there was no Al-Qaeda presence in Iraq before the 2003 invasion, as evidenced by the media's failure to correct Barack Obama's recent claim that "there was no such thing as Al-Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq," for several years dating back before the Iraq invasion, there have been media reports of former Al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's connections to Osama bin Laden, and his use of Iraq as a base to plot terror attacks against other countries before the war. In fact, four years ago, the NBC Nightly News claimed not only that there was an Al-Qaeda presence in Iraq before the invasion, busy plotting attacks against Europe, but that the Bush administration intentionally "passed up several opportunities" to attack terrorist bases in Iraq "long before the war" in 2002 because of fear it would "undercut its case" for overthrowing Saddam Hussein.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/09/27/media-fail-correct-obama-s-claim-no-al-qaeda-iraq-invasion

retiredman
09-27-2008, 06:23 PM
The real meaning of change

Come

help

a

nigger

get

elected

tasteful.

Interesting how no one from the right has called you on this.... my guess is because they ALL hate african americans as much as YOU do!

Immanuel
09-27-2008, 06:42 PM
tasteful.

Interesting how no one from the right has called you on this.... my guess is because they ALL hate african americans as much as YOU do!

I thought about it, but just couldn't come up with the words to describe how it made me feel.

Immie

Yurt
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
tasteful.

whats to call? rappers and most blacks use the term....

are you prejudice about who can use the term?

retiredman
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought about it, but just couldn't come up with the words to describe how it made me feel.

Immie

I am sure. and the rest of your republican brethren were similarly tongue-tied. riiiight. :lol:

Immanuel
09-27-2008, 06:58 PM
I am sure. and the rest of your republican brethren were similarly tongue-tied. riiiight. :lol:

Whoa! What's that supposed to mean? Are you calling me a racist after all these years simply because I couldn't describe how a lousy joke made me sick?

Immie

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Whoa! What's that supposed to mean? Are you calling me a racist after all these years simply because I couldn't describe how a lousy joke made me sick?

Immie

To MFM, if you are white and not a liberal - you are a racist

retiredman
09-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Immie

not at all, Immie. I know how YOU felt. I doubt that other repubilcans felt similar sickness. Heck ... yurt has proven my point by DEFENDING the very comments that made you sick. I am not at all surprised that YOU wer repulsed by those comments. I have known you for a long time and would not have expected otherwise. Similarly, I have known yurt for some time as well, and his response was equally expected.

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
not at all, Immie. I know how YOU felt. I doubt that other repubilcans felt similar sickness. Heck ... yurt has proven my point by DEFENDING the very comments that made you sick. I am not at all surprised that YOU wer repulsed by those comments. I have known you for a long time and would not have expected otherwise. Similarly, I have known yurt for some time as well, and his response was equally expected.

Did I miss it, or did you call Obama on his racism?

This is from "Audacity of Hope";
"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Did I miss it, or did you call Obama on his racism?

This is from "Audacity of Hope";
"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

awesome rsr. and btw, i do not think you are a cut and paste guy, you do make and state your own opinion. if others can't see it, not your problem. and i happen (mostly) to find your so-called cut and paste articles informative since the msm is the back pocket of obammy.

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:21 PM

you are

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
awesome rsr. and btw, i do not think you are a cut and paste guy, you do make and state your own opinion. if others can't see it, not your problem. and i happen (mostly) to find your so-called cut and paste articles informative since the msm is the back pocket of obammy.

Thank you Yurt. MFM is a cry baby and he has always had a problem countering the facts I post

Here is more on Obama's racist writings I found

From "Dreams";
"The emotion between the races could never be pure. Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

retiredman
09-27-2008, 07:26 PM
you are

not so. I find gaffer's remarks to be sickening. so does Immie. But you, as predicted, see nothing wrong with them. Rappers are not the subject of this discussion... white posters on DP.com are...and you seem to be perfectly happy to go along with gaffer's racist sentiments. I must tell you....I am not at all surprised. I have said for a long time that your hatred for Obama was irrational, and racism is, most likely, the explanation for it.

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Thank you Yurt. MFM is a cry baby and he has always had a problem countering the facts I post

Here is more on Obama's racist writings I found

From "Dreams";
"The emotion between the races could never be pure. Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

do you have the full quote from that? often obama quotes other sources in his books in order to make a point. is this obama speaking or the quote speaking?

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
do you have the full quote from that? often obama quotes other sources in his books in order to make a point. is this obama speaking or the quote speaking?

That is the full quote. Page 124

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
not so. I find gaffer's remarks to be sickening. so does Immie. But you, as predicted, see nothing wrong with them. Rappers are not the subject of this discussion... white posters on DP.com are...and you seem to be perfectly happy to go along with gaffer's racist sentiments. I must tell you....I am not at all surprised. I have said for a long time that your hatred for Obama was irrational, and racism is, most likely, the explanation for it.

so you and immie make a fact? and you couldn't predict your way out of an obama townhall style debate....

i see, i was not aware that ONLY white posters on dp.com are.....your bigotry does not surprise me

pathetic mfm, seriously. you have no problem with blacks calling themselves niggers, but if a white person says it, holy lord almighty, they are racist. i am heartened to know that there are black people who think you are full of shit and that the word nigger should not be used at all. i really don't care, words only have power if we give them power.

your lies about my hatred for obama obviously make you sleep better at night, for you keep repeating the lie as if you are counting sheep. sleep tight tough guy.

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:35 PM
That is the full quote. Page 124

uh, i don't have the book.... and i doubt that quote took up all of page 124

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
uh, i don't have the book.... and i doubt that quote took up all of page 124

Well I got it off Obama's site

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/thormadsen/gGBfQV/commentary

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:42 PM
wow, obama is full blown liar and of course the media will not bring him to the mat (this is under ""misquotes"" on obama's site, as linked by rsr):

Misleading quote: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names' - from "Dreams of My Father" (Page 101)

Obama is IN COLLEGE not running through the riot-strewn city streets. He is posing, finding his identity.

How do we know? Prior to this quote he explains the early pressure of fitting in with the so-called campus "radicals" to "avoid being mistaken for a sellout." (page 100). Starting on page 101 right after the quote, he goes through an incident where he is "called out" on this attitude. Thinking back, he realizes that "the whole year seemed like one big lie..." as he then matures beyond this perspective (Page 102).

I am sure none of us copped similar attitudes while in college or in our late teens/early twenties.

what was misleading? can any lib explain or anyone, anyone......

retiredman
09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
so you and immie make a fact? and you couldn't predict your way out of an obama townhall style debate....

i see, i was not aware that ONLY white posters on dp.com are.....your bigotry does not surprise me

pathetic mfm, seriously. you have no problem with blacks calling themselves niggers, but if a white person says it, holy lord almighty, they are racist. i am heartened to know that there are black people who think you are full of shit and that the word nigger should not be used at all. i really don't care, words only have power if we give them power.

your lies about my hatred for obama obviously make you sleep better at night, for you keep repeating the lie as if you are counting sheep. sleep tight tough guy.

your support for gaffer's statement is a matter of record. sad as it is.

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:56 PM
wow, obama is full blown liar and of course the media will not bring him to the mat (this is under ""misquotes"" on obama's site, as linked by rsr):

what was misleading? can any lib explain or anyone, anyone......

Don't worry. MFM will come up with some lame ass spin to say we are the racists, and how we can't grasp what Obama was saying. We white folks are soooo ignorantt when it comes to race

Immanuel
09-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Black people use the term in a different manner. I personally don't like it when they use it either. I don't find the term to be funny and living here in the Florida, I hear it used all the time by white people in a very racist way. I find it offensive because of the way it is used here.

I don't believe it is right for a white person to use that word in any manner. I did not say Gaffer was a racist. I will say Gaffer's joke was tasteless.

Immie

Yurt
09-27-2008, 10:27 PM

your support for gaffer's statement is a matter of record. sad as it is.

you are a coward, i am not surprised.

when you have the courage to anwser a simple question, then you can respond to me.

Yurt
09-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Black people use the term in a different manner. I personally don't like it when they use it either. I don't find the term to be funny and living here in the Florida, I hear it used all the time by white people in a very racist way. I find it offensive because of the way it is used here.

I don't believe it is right for a white person to use that word in any manner. I did not say Gaffer was a racist. I will say Gaffer's joke was tasteless.

Immie

fuck you

just my way of saying hi immie

stephanie
09-27-2008, 10:34 PM
tasteful.

why should we...you've said it more than once...is only you special people can say nigger and the rest of the lowly peons...well is just that..

you can take your N word and shove it..the word is nigger..go ask a rap so called artist..the word is "nigger" how can we forget it, it's drummed in our heads through their music, yet we aren't allowed to say it...how is that??:laugh2:

try again nigga...

retiredman
09-28-2008, 06:37 AM

Immie

bravo

Gaffer
09-28-2008, 09:15 AM
That created a bit of a fire storm. It's a tasteless, funny joke. I have the right to tell tasteless joke if I want too. It's a right obamanation would like to take away from me with mfm's support. would it have made a difference if it was Come help a negro get elected? It's still a racist statement, but the funniness is not there.

It's really a matter of how sensitive you are. In mfm's case its a matter of an opportunity to once again play the race card. While Immie found it tasteless. Others just chuckled and moved on. While Immie speaks from the heart mfm is just posturing.

I won't vote for the obamanation because he's a communist, not for his skin color. If that makes me a racist then so be it.

Immanuel
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
That created a bit of a fire storm. It's a tasteless, funny joke. I have the right to tell tasteless joke if I want too. It's a right obamanation would like to take away from me with mfm's support. would it have made a difference if it was Come help a negro get elected? It's still a racist statement, but the funniness is not there.

It's really a matter of how sensitive you are. In mfm's case its a matter of an opportunity to once again play the race card. While Immie found it tasteless. Others just chuckled and moved on. While Immie speaks from the heart mfm is just posturing.

I won't vote for the obamanation because he's a communist, not for his skin color. If that makes me a racist then so be it.

You absolutely do have every right to tell such a joke and I would be the last one to want to take that away from you. I do not believe you are racist for telling a joke that uses that word and I will have to admit that I have told one or two using that word when I was younger too. I have, however, since moving to Florida, gotten to the point where I just don't like hearing it in any manner. Growing up in California, I always thought racism was something that had been dealt with and was now past history... then I moved to Florida. It is not past history and I don't think it ever will be.

That word has been proven to me to be a hurtful word. So quite frankly, I just don't like it.

Immie

Mr. P
09-28-2008, 09:43 AM

I thought it was funny. That's as much thought as I gave it.

The bus/transit system in Atlanta is MARTA. We affectionately refer to that acronym as Moving Africa Right Through Atlanta.

It's funny here.

Mr. P
09-28-2008, 09:52 AM
You absolutely do have every right to tell such a joke and I would be the last one to want to take that away from you. I do not believe you are racist for telling a joke that uses that word and I will have to admit that I have told one or two using that word when I was younger too. I have, however, since moving to Florida, gotten to the point where I just don't like hearing it in any manner. Growing up in California, I always thought racism was something that had been dealt with and was now past history... then I moved to Florida. It is not past history and I don't think it ever will be.

That word has been proven to me to be a hurtful word. So quite frankly, I just don't like it.

Immie

The word itself is not hurtful but the way it's used can be.

In the United States, the word nigger was not always considered derogatory, but was instead used by some as merely denotative of black skin, as it was in other parts of the English-speaking world. In nineteenth-century literature, there are many uses of the word nigger with no intended negative connotation.

Immanuel
09-28-2008, 09:58 AM
The word itself is not hurtful but the way it's used can be.

Okay, I can give you that, but the problem is that it is almost always used in a hurtful way by white people.

Immie

Mr. P
09-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Okay, I can give you that, but the problem is that it is almost always used in a hurtful way by white people.

Immie

Hurtful, how? Do you hear folks directly address someone as nigger? I don't.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2008, 11:44 AM
tasteful.

Therefore you are misogynist and sexist for not condemning the atrocious comments made by your brethren here about Sarah Palin and her daughter.

Live by your own standards, at least.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Therefore you are misogynist and sexist for not condemning the atrocious comments made by your brethren here about Sarah Palin and her daughter.

Live by your own standards, at least.

I don't think it is either sexist or misogynistic to point out the humorous irony of Bristol Palin being the poster child for the failed abstinence only sex education approach advocated by her mother.

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't think it is either sexist or misogynistic to point out the humorous irony of Bristol Palin being the poster child for the failed abstinence only sex education approach advocated by her mother.

Gee, from the 'truthseeker.' :rolleyes:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-sexed6-2008sep06,0,3119305.story

...Palin's statements date to her 2006 gubernatorial run. In July of that year, she completed a candidate questionnaire that asked, would she support funding for abstinence-until-marriage programs instead of "explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?"

Palin wrote, "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support."

But in August of that year, Palin was asked during a KTOO radio debate if "explicit" programs include those that discuss condoms. Palin said no and called discussions of condoms "relatively benign."

"Explicit means explicit," she said. "No, I'm pro-contraception, and I think kids who may not hear about it at home should hear about it in other avenues. So I am not anti-contraception. But, yeah, abstinence is another alternative that should be discussed with kids. I don't have a problem with that. That doesn't scare me, so it's something I would support also."

Mr. P
09-28-2008, 01:04 PM

I think she's honest. As much as the spinners want to spin..I still think she's honest...What a concept in DC, HUH?

Ms. Smith goes to Washington...I love it and that is what has so many scared! IMO

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I think she's honest. As much as the spinners want to spin..I still think she's honest...What a concept in DC, HUH?

Ms. Smith goes to Washington...I love it and that is what has so many scared! IMO

Me too, which was my point to MFM, he's not.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 01:52 PM

did the Palin administration apply for and recieve a grant from the federal government to fund abstinence only education?

retiredman
09-28-2008, 01:56 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

the impact of the first debate is starting to show itself in the polls.

Thursday night will be the coup de grace.:dance:

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
did the Palin administration apply for and recieve a grant from the federal government to fund abstinence only education?

I don't know, I'm assuming you'll link us up?

Abbey Marie
09-28-2008, 02:40 PM

You know very well that much worse has been said about her on this board. Where were your cries of outrage? The fact is, if we apply your "logic" above, you are misogynist and sexist for not speaking out. But if that's ok with you, so be it.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 02:49 PM
You know very well that much worse has been said about her on this board. Where were your cries of outrage? The fact is, if we apply your "logic" above, you are misogynist and sexist for not speaking out. But if that's ok with you, so be it.

Actually...I do not know that much worse has been said about here on this board. I do not tend to view those threads that seem like mere gossip and mudslinging so I really have little exposure to much anti-Palin stuff. But it is good to hear that you admit you are a racist, at least. The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Good first step for you! keep up the good work.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Actually...I do not know that much worse has been said about here on this board. I do not tend to view those threads that seem like mere gossip and mudslinging so I really have little exposure to much anti-Palin stuff. But it is good to hear that you admit you are a racist, at least. The first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. Good first step for you! keep up the good work.

To see you try to smear my reputation would be laughable, if it didn't so vivdly expose the ugly underbelly of what kind of so-called "man" you really are. I just can't laugh at that. Sorry.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't know, I'm assuming you'll link us up?

actually, I went to get the link from Newsweek, where I had seen it a few weeks ago, and they now report that Palin's Department of Health has abruptly dropped their funding request for Title V grant funds.

So it would appear that Alaska will NOT be getting federal money for abstinence only sex education...

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
To see you try to smear my reputation would be laughable, if it didn't so vivdly expose the ugly underbelly of what kind of so-called "man" you really are. I just can't laugh at that. Sorry.

you have exposed nothing, Abbey. I honestly do not read a lot of threads started by liberals on here...because most of them are a bit hairbrained. That's true... you can go back and see where I post and not much of my "work" on here is in such threads. You, on the other hand, DID read the post from Gaffer and chose not to call him out on it. That's a matter of record. I am not trying to smear your reputation, only point out that you are a lot more critical of the left than you are the right, and that you chose not to say anything to a fellow rightie who stepped over the line.

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
actually, I went to get the link from Newsweek, where I had seen it a few weeks ago, and they now report that Palin's Department of Health has abruptly dropped their funding request for Title V grant funds.

So it would appear that Alaska will NOT be getting federal money for abstinence only sex education...

Excuse me, but you implied 'received.' In fact, nearly every state applied and most received, but well you left that out. Hypocrite.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Excuse me, but you implied 'received.' In fact, nearly every state applied and most received, but well you left that out. Hypocrite.

actually..that is not true... nearly half the states have dropped out of the abstinence only program because it did not work. I have no idea what prompted the Alaska department of health to apply for the grant and I have no idea - although some good guesses - as to why they chose to withdraw their application.

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 03:08 PM
you have exposed nothing, Abbey. I honestly do not read a lot of threads started by liberals on here...because most of them are a bit hairbrained. That's true... you can go back and see where I post and not much of my "work" on here is in such threads. You, on the other hand, DID read the post from Gaffer and chose not to call him out on it. That's a matter of record. I am not trying to smear your reputation, only point out that you are a lot more critical of the left than you are the right, and that you chose not to say anything to a fellow rightie who stepped over the line.

You are correct, it wasn't Abbey that 'exposed' you, but your own posts. While Abbey may be conservative, she's never been unfair to the other side, as you have been, which is likely why she is a mod and you have not. That she or any mod does not call out who and when and the way you want, too bad. Suck it up.

BTW, how did the enlisted men 'serving' under you rate you? You ignored that.

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 03:17 PM
actually..that is not true... nearly half the states have dropped out of the abstinence only program because it did not work. I have no idea what prompted the Alaska department of health to apply for the grant and I have no idea - although some good guesses - as to why they chose to withdraw their application.

After trying it, numbnuts.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
You are correct, it wasn't Abbey that 'exposed' you, but your own posts. While Abbey may be conservative, she's never been unfair to the other side, as you have been, which is likely why she is a mod and you have not. That she or any mod does not call out who and when and the way you want, too bad. Suck it up.

BTW, how did the enlisted men 'serving' under you rate you? You ignored that.

Like I said...I do not get the opportunity to call out the wackiest of the liberals on here because I do not take the time to read their threads. They are of no interest to me. I am not "unfair" to YOUR side...I just don't agree with you very often and tell you so. For example...I won't make any sexist comments about your use of the term "suck it up" and insult you and your possible predelictions for things oral like you did to me just the other day. I think that is entirely "fair" and highminded of me. Don't you?

Oh... and enlisted men do not "rate" officers... it goes the other way. If you are asking how the sailors who served with me LIKED serving under my command...I would have to say that it depended, in large part, on their attitude. If they wanted to be a part of my team and work with me to accomplish our mission, I bent over backwards top lead them with a collegial attitude and to share the praise and to write them great evaluations and to do what needed to be done to ensure that their next assignment was both career enhancing and was what they wanted to do and where they wanted to go. If they did not want to be on my team and did not want to work for the command's mission, I had little time for them, and did what I could to move them out of my command and out of my Navy. To this day, I remain in close contact with at least a dozen former enlisted shipmates from as far back as 30 years ago, and many of them have travelled to spend time with me in Maine. I have no regrets about my leadership record. To the contrary, I am quite proud of it. Why do you ask?

Abbey Marie
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Here we go again. I chose not to say anything about anyone, until you called out and libeled all of the conservatives on this board by saying we are racist for not posting outrage over Gaffer's post. And I never came close to condoning his post. Where did you EVER come to the support of Palin when she was being mocked and ridiculed all over this board? Trust me, no one believes your weak defense of "Oh, I must have missed those dozens an dozens of threads that appeared in almost every forum on this board". Even the ones that were just posted yeterday or today. How about OCA's "Ms. Wasilla is dumber than sh*t"? Just posted recently. Miss that one too?

Once again, you try to change the chronology and details of things that happen on this board when you are looking bad. By god, can't you ever own up to the very things that you write on here? People like our old member Pale and Gaffer may post some things that I would not say or think, many of you on both sides do, but at least they own up to them when they do. Whether the posts are right, wrong, ugly, racist, sexist, genius or indifferent, at least they aren't weasaling out.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
After trying it, numbnuts.

why are you so determined to antagonize me?

Sitarro
09-28-2008, 03:24 PM

Wow, the guy that has chosen to live where he will be insured of never having to deal with people that have darker skin than his. I know, you have a token black friend like Clinton did to play golf with, so what? You still live in a state that is very close to being completely filled with white people. Where are you moving? To a place with 0 black people? I guess we see who is supporting Osamabama out of his own white guilt.

Tell me MFM, when the black sailors came into your mess hall, did you offer them fried chicken and collard greens? How about a big plate of black eyed peas?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

It tends to be the real racists that squeal the most while accusing others of what you are guilty of yourself.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Here we go again. I chose not to say anything about anyone, until you called out and libeled all of the conservatives on this board by saying we are racist for not posting outrage over Gaffer's post. And I never came close to condoning his post. Where did you EVER come to the support of Palin when she was being mocked and ridiculed all over this board? Trust me, no one believes your weak defense of "Oh, I must have missed those dozens an dozens of threads that appeared in almost every forum on this board". Even the ones that were just posted yeterday or today. How about OCA's "Ms. Wasilla is dumber than sh*t"? Just posted recently. Miss that one too?

Once again, you try to change the chronology and details of things that happen on this board when you are looking bad. By god, can't you ever own up to the very things that you write on here? People like our old member Pale and Gaffer may post some things that I would not say or think, many of you on both sides do, but at least they own up to them when they do. Whether the posts are right, wrong, ugly, racist, sexist, genius or indifferent, at least they aren't weasaling out.

please link me to a post where I weasled out of anything. I have POSTED on the Sarah Palin is dumb as shit thread.... did I call out OCA for saying that she is dumb as shit? no... because, while the wording may be a bit strong, OCA is certainly not on MY team...AND... I happen to agree that she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. She's not. SHe will get eaten alive in the debate on Thursday, IMHO, and it scares me to think that you and your party would be so gleeful about having a woman with that LITTLE experience CHOSEN by your party's aging standard bearer to be a heartbeat away from the most powerful job on earth.

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Like I said...I do not get the opportunity to call out the wackiest of the liberals on here because I do not take the time to read their threads. They are of no interest to me. I am not "unfair" to YOUR side...I just don't agree with you very often and tell you so. For example...I won't make any sexist comments about your use of the term "suck it up" and insult you and your possible predelictions for things oral like you did to me just the other day. I think that is entirely "fair" and highminded of me. Don't you?

Oh... and enlisted men do not "rate" officers... it goes the other way. If you are asking how the sailors who served with me LIKED serving under my command...I would have to say that it depended, in large part, on their attitude. If they wanted to be a part of my team and work with me to accomplish our mission, I bent over backwards top lead them with a collegial attitude and to share the praise and to write them great evaluations and to do what needed to be done to ensure that their next assignment was both career enhancing and was what they wanted to do and where they wanted to go. If they did not want to be on my team and did not want to work for the command's mission, I had little time for them, and did what I could to move them out of my command and out of my Navy. To this day, I remain in close contact with at least a dozen former enlisted shipmates from as far back as 30 years ago, and many of them have travelled to spend time with me in Maine. I have no regrets about my leadership record. To the contrary, I am quite proud of it. Why do you ask?
25 year career. How many 'sailors' served 'under' the great and almighty MFM? LOL! You held their 'future' in your hands, my guess, had no qualms about making that very clear.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
25 year career. How many 'sailors' served 'under' the great and almighty MFM? LOL! You held their 'future' in your hands, my guess, had no qualms about making that very clear.

Every military officer hold the careers of their subordinates in their hands. Many sailors served under my command over the years.... thousands. Most, I would imagine, had a positive experience serving in my units. We did some great stuff together and had some fun together. Very few did not chose to play on my team. I helped many of them move on to exciting careers. Why would you want to denigrate that?

stephanie
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I gotta agree with sitarro on this one..

mfm faux outrage over a word being used in a sentence, is a joke..especially when he uses it all the time to point out we are all nigger haters(as he puts it)..

such a silly little man..

also, the last time I checked..I still lived in a free country..I am free to say what ever word I feel like...yipee

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Every military officer hold the careers of their subordinates in their hands. Many sailors served under my command over the years.... thousands. Most, I would imagine, had a positive experience serving in my units. We did some great stuff together and had some fun together. Very few did not chose to play on my team. I helped many of them move on to exciting careers. Why would you want to denigrate that?

Thousands. Yet only perhaps a dozen, most likely less, would speak highly of you. Interesting indeed. Is this typlcal of naval officers? Wouldn't be surprised from the standing the Navy has with other branches of armed forces. Even the Marines and Air Force find the Navy officers insufferable. I guess you may well be typical.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Thousands. Yet only perhaps a dozen, most likely less, would speak highly of you. Interesting indeed. Is this typlcal of naval officers? Wouldn't be surprised from the standing the Navy has with other branches of armed forces. Even the Marines and Air Force find the Navy officers insufferable. I guess you may well be typical.

most officers have ZERO continuing contact with the enlisted men that serve under them... Again, why are you so hellbent on denigrating my service to our nation? Or are you just being a typical republican??

Yurt
09-28-2008, 05:46 PM

hey mr. sexist, what does that fact have to do with kathy's quote? as if that fact negates the truth. it doesn't, but i can see your hatred for women causes you to think that it does....

"Explicit means explicit," she said. "No, I'm pro-contraception, and I think kids who may not hear about it at home should hear about it in other avenues. So I am not anti-contraception. But, yeah, abstinence is another alternative that should be discussed with kids. I don't have a problem with that. That doesn't scare me, so it's something I would support also."

alternative, do you need me to link you the definition? do you believe that kids should NEVER be taught that abstinence is an option?

retiredman
09-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, the guy that has chosen to live where he will be insured of never having to deal with people that have darker skin than his. I know, you have a token black friend like Clinton did to play golf with, so what? You still live in a state that is very close to being completely filled with white people. Where are you moving? To a place with 0 black people? I guess we see who is supporting Osamabama out of his own white guilt.

Tell me MFM, when the black sailors came into your mess hall, did you offer them fried chicken and collard greens? How about a big plate of black eyed peas?

It tends to be the real racists that squeal the most while accusing others of what you are guilty of yourself.
sailors of all ethnicities thrived under my leadership. Nobody who ever served with me woulde ever accuse me of racism. I am confident of that....just as I am confident of sick twisted motherfuckers like you of suggesting otherwise.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
alternative, do you need me to link you the definition? do you believe that kids should NEVER be taught that abstinence is an option?

no. I object to kids being taught that abstinence is the ONLY option. Clearly YOU don't. I assume that you agree with Sarah Palin that, even if her daughter were RAPED, she would not agree to an abortion. Am I right?

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
most officers have ZERO continuing contact with the enlisted men that serve under them... Again, why are you so hellbent on denigrating my service to our nation? Or are you just being a typical republican??

I'm not a 'typical' anything. I'm seriously hoping you are not a typical Naval Officer. None of us were speaking of those under you with contact with you, in actuality, my query was hypothetical. You were the one who came up with thousands under you, but less than a dozen that would speak highly of you. Wonder why that would be?

Could it be that you are a bully and it became clear to those that needed you? We don't, yet you try and bully. There is a word for that, besides bully, loser comes to mind.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I gotta agree with sitarro on this one..

mfm faux outrage over a word being used in a sentence, is a joke..especially when he uses it all the time to point out we are all nigger haters(as he puts it)..

such a silly little man..

also, the last time I checked..I still lived in a free country..I am free to say what ever word I feel like...yipee

interesting, isn't it, that on DP.com, I am not afforded that same right.

I would prefer to refer to you as a word that would, under current management, be bleeped out.

see you next tuesday!:laugh2:

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
interesting, isn't it, that on DP.com, I am not afforded that same right.

I would prefer to refer to you as a word that would, under current management, be bleeped out.

see you next tuesday!:laugh2:

Where is that violin? Oh yeah, someone else will have to ban you, I won't. Feeds into your persecution complex.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
what's your problem, flabbytits? Can you dish it out, but somehow not take it?

signed: your pal, "numbnuts" as you like to call me

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
what's your problem, flabbytits? Can you dish it out, but somehow not take it?

signed: your pal, "numbnuts" as you like to call me

Proof for the pudding.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Proof for the pudding.

guess what: my nuts are far from numb.

what's good for the self righteous republican goose, is good for the democratic gander. suck it up.:fu:

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM

what's good for the self righteous republican goose, is good for the democratic gander. suck it up.:fu:

both sucking and fuck you are your game, not mine. You sir, are a loser. The men who served under you, LOL, were right in their evaluations of you. You seriously suck. You have a mental problem, it's called being narcissistic. It's one of the listed personality disorders within DSM.

Yurt
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM

good freakin lord, stop touching your effing nuts when you post here....go to your closet if you need to do that

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 06:09 PM
good freakin lord, stop touching your effing nuts when you post here....go to your closet if you need to do that

Splendid rejoinder.

Yurt
09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
no. I object to kids being taught that abstinence is the ONLY option. Clearly YOU don't. I assume that you agree with Sarah Palin that, even if her daughter were RAPED, she would not agree to an abortion. Am I right?

link up or recant.

real simple

i don't believe in that abstinence only is the only option. if you don't have a link and you don't take your statement back, i will presume you have gone back to lying about me.

no, you are wrong. but of course your blind hatred for me causes you get muddled in the brain.

retiredman
09-28-2008, 06:14 PM
link up or recant.

real simple

i don't believe in that abstinence only is the only option. if you don't have a link and you don't take your statement back, i will presume you have gone back to lying about me.

no, you are wrong. but of course your blind hatred for me causes you get muddled in the brain.

my statement was clearly an assumption. Can you read, counselor?

retiredman
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
both sucking and fuck you are your game, not mine. You sir, are a loser. The men who served under you, LOL, were right in their evaluations of you. You seriously suck. You have a mental problem, it's called being narcissistic. It's one of the listed personality disorders within DSM.

how dare you claim to speak for the men who served under me? Do you know ANY of them?

retiredman
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM

:fu:shyster. SHE was the one who called me numbnuts.

Yurt
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
my statement was clearly an assumption. Can you read, counselor?

as long as you admit you ASSumed and were WRONG

no problem

retiredman
09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
as long as you admit you ASSumed and were WRONG

no problem

nothing you have said proves that I am wrong.

sorry.

darin
09-29-2008, 08:15 AM

When E3's get to hold 'command'? You're a fool for the things you've said in this thread. I've never known a Military officer - much less field grade - who was such a jackass, liar, instigator, AND horrible debater as you are.

red states rule
09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
When E3's get to hold 'command'? You're a fool for the things you've said in this thread. I've never known a Military officer - much less field grade - who was such a jackass, liar, instigator, AND horrible debater as you are.

I doubt if MFM was ever in the service, if he was, he treated those under him with the same contempt he treats those who dare to question his "greatness"

Here is MFM in unifrom - you can tell which one he is by the sneer on his face

http://www.memphismemories.org/Topics/Radio_TV/1960s_Network_TV/039_36468~McHale-s-Navy-Posters.jpg

retiredman
09-29-2008, 08:25 AM

you've got the insults down pat....any meat on that bone? I mean really.... what else, besides personal attacks on me, have YOU contributed to this thread, or any others recently? :laugh2:

darin
09-29-2008, 08:43 AM
you've got the insults down pat....any meat on that bone? I mean really.... what else, besides personal attacks on me, have YOU contributed to this thread, or any others recently? :laugh2:

LOL :) That's rich. A vile disgusting liar who runs from hard questions writing something like that about ME. hah :)

You're a legend in your own mind, aren't ya, squidly?

retiredman
09-29-2008, 08:46 AM
LOL :) That's rich. A vile disgusting liar who runs from hard questions writing something like that about ME. hah :)

You're a legend in your own mind, aren't ya, squidly?

again darin... what hard question have I run from? WHen have I been less than truthful?

I am not out to insult you on a daily basis. Why don't you dial it back and see if we can communicate on a more adult level. How about it?

red states rule
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
again darin... what hard question have I run from? WHen have I been less than truthful?

I am not out to insult you on a daily basis. Why don't you dial it back and see if we can communicate on a more adult level. How about it?

Sure, you want to communicate on a more adult level

Like you have with me, Yurt, Kathianne, Abbey, Darin, and anyone else who will not cower in your presence?

Immanuel
09-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Sure, you want to communicate on a more adult level

Like you have with me, Yurt, Kathianne, Abbey, Darin, and anyone else who will not cower in your presence?

I resent that... I know you are referring to me. Just because I refuse to get into an game of seeing who can insult whom best does not mean that I cower in his presence. I do recognize that there may be things he understands better than I, but I do not cower in his presence. That one just might earn you a :F#: but I won't stoop to it... not yet anyway. :D

Immie

red states rule
09-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I resent that... I know you are referring to me. Just because I refuse to get into an game of seeing who can insult whom best does not mean that I cower in his presence. I do recognize that there may be things he understands better than I, but I do not cower in his presence. That one just might earn you a :F#: but I won't stoop to it... not yet anyway. :D

Immie

What??

Immie I was not thinking of you at all. You can take my word on that. I was pointing out how MFM treats those who disagree with him

He has a long history of trashing people - in time he will do the same to you. You can take it to the bank

Immanuel
09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
What??

Immie I was not thinking of you at all. You can take my word on that. I was pointing out how MFM treats those who disagree with him

He has a long history of trashing people - in time he will do the same to you. You can take it to the bank

Hahaha,

Okay all is forgotten then.

I don't know about doing the same to me. I am pretty certain, MFM and I have been conversing longer than the two of you. We go back to politics.com and I believe we both spread out from there. We've had our disagreements before, but have always treated each other respectfully. Maybe, just maybe, it is because I don't act like I think I know everything (not saying you do) and I don't act like I think he is a dumbshit (he's not) even if he weren't honest about who he is (which I have no way of gauging and have always taken his word for it as I expect others to do for me) and MFM returns the same respect to me. We need not hurl insults to realize that we don't see eye to eye and for both of us to know that he is wrong on so many things. :D Oooops, maybe I went to far!

And to be quite honest with you, I like to use his insights and other liberals on the board, to try and get a different perspective on the things that I believe. I'm smart enough to realize that I don't know everything and that a different point of view only helps me to get a clearer picture on the world around me.

Immie

mundame
09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
We need not hurl insults to realize that we don't see eye to eye and for both of us to know that he is wrong on so many things. :D Oooops, maybe I went to far!

:coffee:

red states rule
09-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Hahaha,

Okay all is forgotten then.

I don't know about doing the same to me. I am pretty certain, MFM and I have been conversing longer than the two of you. We go back to politics.com and I believe we both spread out from there. We've had our disagreements before, but have always treated each other respectfully. Maybe, just maybe, it is because I don't act like I think I know everything (not saying you do) and I don't act like I think he is a dumbshit (he's not) even if he weren't honest about who he is (which I have no way of gauging and have always taken his word for it as I expect others to do for me) and MFM returns the same respect to me. We need not hurl insults to realize that we don't see eye to eye and for both of us to know that he is wrong on so many things. :D Oooops, maybe I went to far!

And to be quite honest with you, I like to use his insights and other liberals on the board, to try and get a different perspective on the things that I believe. I'm smart enough to realize that I don't know everything and that a different point of view only helps me to get a clearer picture on the world around me.

Immie

I have nothing agaist you Immie - I enjoy our conversations. I can only go by MFM's history of lies, smears, double standards, arrogrance, and his condescending attitude

Immanuel
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM
I have nothing agaist you Immie - I enjoy our conversations. I can only go by MFM's history of lies, smears, double standards, arrogrance, and his condescending attitude

And I ours.

As for MFM, well, I enjoy the conversations he and I have as well. I also realize this is an internet forum and the rules are different than face to face discussions of issues. There need not be insults thrown about but there are by both sides.

Is it fair to say that MFM started them? Can anyone really point a finger at the first post and say... "that started it all"? Maybe it is time for one side or the other (and it seems that MFM has made an effort) to just lay off and actually discuss the issues.

I must say when it comes to discussing issues with him, I don't see you actually trying to have a discussion beyond... "you're and arrogant, condescending liar".

Immie

red states rule
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
And I ours.

As for MFM, well, I enjoy the conversations he and I have as well. I also realize this is an internet forum and the rules are different than face to face discussions of issues. There need not be insults thrown about but there are by both sides.

Is it fair to say that MFM started them? Can anyone really point a finger at the first post and say... "that started it all"? Maybe it is time for one side or the other (and it seems that MFM has made an effort) to just lay off and actually discuss the issues.

I must say when it comes to discussing issues with him, I don't see you actually trying to have a discussion beyond... "you're and arrogant, condescending liar".

Immie

As far as my conversations, MFM has made smears against my parents, wished my death so he could piss on my grave, and said I should be shot for treason. To him, these are examples of the "respect" he shows people

The one good thing to him not responding to my posts is, he posts alot less then he use to - and that is one postive aspect

mundame
09-29-2008, 09:41 AM
As long as everyone is having a good time, that's the great thing..........

That's what I often think when studying World War I trench warfare, too. :cool:

retiredman
09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
And I ours.

Immie

Immie: you and I go way back. I have always been respectful of you and you of me. I do not have a history of lies...I don't tell lies. I have been known to insult folks like RSR before, but primarily because of their inability to speak for themselves in anything other than canned Limbaugh talking points. I don't have a double standard except that I chose not to publicly reprimand people on my own team, preferring to deal with them in PM's. I probably DO come across as arrogant from time to time, and, I must admit, it probably sounds condescending as well - but it is hard to drop into my Captain Kangaroo mindset and attempt to get down to the childish level that folks like RSR come from without sounding condescending from time to time. You are absolutely right... he does not debate me at all anymore and really does nothing other than insult me... which is why I have him on ignore. THe only time I read his posts is when people like you quote them in yours. Long before you started coming here, Immie, I begged RSR to just debate me on issues - his words against my words - but he is incapable of doing so. We even go back to USMB where I made the same requests. If I wanted to debate Rush Limbaugh, I'd call his 800 number. I used to honestly think that I would enjoy debating RSR, but that cannot happen because of his inability to debate - all the while patting himself on the back for being such a great debater! :laugh2:

red states rule
09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Immie: you and I go way back. I have always been respectful of you and you of me. I do not have a history of lies...I don't tell lies. I have been known to insult folks like RSR before, but primarily because of their inability to speak for themselves in anything other than canned Limbaugh talking points. I don't have a double standard except that I chose not to publicly reprimand people on my own team, preferring to deal with them in PM's. I probably DO come across as arrogant from time to time, and, I must admit, it probably sounds condescending as well - but it is hard to drop into my Captain Kangaroo mindset and attempt to get down to the childish level that folks like RSR come from without sounding condescending from time to time. You are absolutely right... he does not debate me at all anymore and really does nothing other than insult me... which is why I have him on ignore. THe only time I read his posts is when people like you quote them in yours. Long before you started coming here, Immie, I begged RSR to just debate me on issues - his words against my words - but he is incapable of doing so. We even go back to USMB where I made the same requests. If I wanted to debate Rush Limbaugh, I'd call his 800 number. I used to honestly think that I would enjoy debating RSR, but that cannot happen because of his inability to debate - all the while patting himself on the back for being such a great debater! :laugh2:

MFM you only want people to answer your questions, never post facts that back up their claims, and when you are unable to counter the facts you go back to your usual attack mode

Yet, you are the one who constantly demands links - yet you call them cut and paste. Go figure

actsnoblemartin
09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
obama made some good points, but pointed to few solutions.

mccain made a lot of good points, and offered solutions

my scorecard

mccain 60

obama 40

Immanuel
09-29-2008, 11:12 AM

You need not justify yourself to me.

I have never intentionally called you a liar although there have been times you thought I was. We converse over the internet. I must say, that I don't expect anyone here to be whom they claim to be in real life and if they are not who they say they are, I would not consider that a lie. The fact is that there are too many crazy people reading these forums to give away who you are in real life.

As for the positions you take, those are your points of view. Whether they are correct or not, is irrelevant. Stating your position even when it is wrong, is not lying. It's just being wrong and I will say you've been wrong quite a bit. :laugh2: I disagree with the "you are a liar" stance that people take on threads. I doubt anyone is intentionally lying.

I've argued sides that I did not agree with just to debate a topic and been caught in circular arguments that didn't make sense. For me that is a difficult thing to do, but I have never intentionally lied on these forums unless you consider signing "Immie" rather than using my real name to be a lie. I'll also admit that I have been wrong a time or two but being wrong is not lying.

I typically do not look at someone's posts in a debate and assume that they are lying just because they make a statement that is wrong (even completely wrong) or doesn't make sense. If you say something that seems to be completely wrong (even something that many would call a lie) I typically look at it as if you have mistaken information rather than that you are intentionally being dishonest and I afford that same courtesy to everyone that posts here whether conservative or liberal. I wish everyone would do the same.

Immie

Immanuel
09-29-2008, 11:14 AM
MFM you only want people to answer your questions, never post facts that back up their claims, {editted out the overexaggeration}

Yet, you are the one who constantly demands links - yet you call them cut and paste. Go figure

RSR, that seems to be a flaw that most liberals have. You can't blame him for that.

Immie

actsnoblemartin
09-29-2008, 11:18 AM
dangerous + Nieve = Bamo Whamo :dance:

red states rule
09-29-2008, 11:22 AM
RSR, that seems to be a flaw that most liberals have. You can't blame him for that.

Immie

Sure I can. He demands links when it fits his position - then when you do he whines how you can't debate with your own words

He is like a small child having a temper tanturm. Everyone is against him, and he is the "victim"

actsnoblemartin
09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
obama is like wham (the band), full of crap and sweetness :laugh2:

Sure I can. He demands links when it fits his position - then when you do he whines how you can't debate with your own words

He is like a small child having a temper tanturm. Everyone is against him, and he is the "victim"

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Wow!!!!!!! I never imagined the participation would be this good or diversified!!!!!!!! So much to say and no time to say it!!!!!!!!! I just can't let it interfere with my Busch time!!!!!!!!!!!