PDA

View Full Version : Libertarians Lose Election Legal Battle

Psychoblues
09-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I thought you already knew!!!!!!!!!!

Source: UPI.com

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- The Texas Supreme Court Tuesday denied a petition to remove presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain from the state's ballot.

The Supreme Court denied the petition, which was brought by Libertarians, without offering explanation, Legal Newsline reported.

Libertarian presidential nominee Bob Barr and the Libertarian Party of Texas said the Democratic and Republican presidential candidates should not be allowed on the statewide ballot because their respective parties missed a deadline to certify their candidates.

Texas requires political parties to certify their nominees before Aug. 26.

Barr, a former Republican congressman from Georgia, and the Libertarian Party had asked the Supreme Court to order the secretary of state to remove the Republican and Democratic tickets from the ballot because Obama and McCain were not formally nominated by their parties before the filing deadline...............

More: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/23/Libertarians_lose_election_legal_battle/UPI-92451222223815

I wish it were better for you, but, it ain't. Cuckoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ain't no clock!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PS, Please don't remove this one. If you want to move it, fine, but deletion is the sign of someone afraid of the truth.

actsnoblemartin
09-27-2008, 12:26 PM
sad, we lost the chance to have a third voice at the debate last night

emmett
09-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought you already knew!!!!!!!!!!

Source: UPI.com

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- The Texas Supreme Court Tuesday denied a petition to remove presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain from the state's ballot.

The Supreme Court denied the petition, which was brought by Libertarians, without offering explanation, Legal Newsline reported.

Libertarian presidential nominee Bob Barr and the Libertarian Party of Texas said the Democratic and Republican presidential candidates should not be allowed on the statewide ballot because their respective parties missed a deadline to certify their candidates.

Texas requires political parties to certify their nominees before Aug. 26.

Barr, a former Republican congressman from Georgia, and the Libertarian Party had asked the Supreme Court to order the secretary of state to remove the Republican and Democratic tickets from the ballot because Obama and McCain were not formally nominated by their parties before the filing deadline...............

More: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/23/Libertarians_lose_election_legal_battle/UPI-92451222223815

I wish it were better for you, but, it ain't. Cuckoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ain't no clock!!!!!!!!!

PS, Please don't remove this one. If you want to move it, fine, but deletion is the sign of someone afraid of the truth.

If it would have been the Libertarians who would have failed, the rules would have applied as normal I assure you.

Psychoblues
09-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Uhhhhh,,,,did you read the article, emmie?

If it would have been the Libertarians who would have failed, the rules would have applied as normal I assure you.

The Libertarians tried and they failed, miserably. They do their causes no favors when they enjoin in frivolous lawsuits to somehow bring attention to their ignorant antics and ideologies.

09-27-2008, 07:13 PM
I dont think it was a frivolous law suit. They had the law on their side. I dont think the Republicans or Democrats should be off the ballot. But according to the Law, Barr was right. I am curious to see if there will be any sort of written decision for the case.

Yurt
09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
I dont think it was a frivolous law suit. They had the law on their side. I dont think the Republicans or Democrats should be off the ballot. But according to the Law, Barr was right. I am curious to see if there will be any sort of written decision for the case.

good point. isn't that how obammy knocked off his opponents, through the legal system and not the voting system.....

Psychoblues
09-28-2008, 10:36 PM
As the legal system has been increasingly corrupted for the last 8 years it is easy to see how the voting propensities of the public are at least effected, yuk.

good point. isn't that how obammy knocked off his opponents, through the legal system and not the voting system.....

But, that doesn't speak well for the corruptors of the system, does it?

DragonStryk72
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM

The Libertarians tried and they failed, miserably. They do their causes no favors when they enjoin in frivolous lawsuits to somehow bring attention to their ignorant antics and ideologies.

You mean like..... following the rules as written? I mean, seriously, this is what you say ignorance is, knowing the rules, and expecting them to be enforced equally? That is a truly shitty, and sorry definition of word.

Psychoblues
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Are you still pissed about losing the case, DS72?

You mean like..... following the rules as written? I mean, seriously, this is what you say ignorance is, knowing the rules, and expecting them to be enforced equally? That is a truly shitty, and sorry definition of word.

I know what you mean. I'm still pissed about the SCOTUS decision that annointed King George in 2000.

DragonStryk72
09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Are you still pissed about losing the case, DS72?

I know what you mean. I'm still pissed about the SCOTUS decision that annointed King George in 2000.

It's not a matter of being pissed about the case, the case needed to happen one way or another, but you put it up as us failing. We didn't, the system did, we put in the checks and balances portion, as is the duty assigned by our rights. the system is failing, not the party.

Psychoblues
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Actually, DS72, I agree with most of what you have to say on this subject.

It's not a matter of being pissed about the case, the case needed to happen one way or another, but you put it up as us failing. We didn't, the system did, we put in the checks and balances portion, as is the duty assigned by our rights. the system is failing, not the party.

I explained that in the original thread but it was deleted, dissappeared, gone!!!!!!! I don't believe that you and I have any disagreements, any serious ones anyway, on this topic!!!!!!!!

emmett
09-29-2008, 01:01 AM

Absolute Liberty is an ignorant policy? Freedom to choose! Ignorant? Flat Tax? Not wanting to be routinely searched, no intrusion of personal business, banking or family issues. Ignorant? Less Government.......Ignorant? No eminant domain! Ignorant?

Psycho.......you're losing it brother! What did our forefathers fight the British for? Without rhetoric and your usual dancing just answer that question!

emmett
09-29-2008, 01:05 AM
You know the issue is really simplistic. Democrats and Republicans had until a certain time to fulfill certain criteria, they didn't do it! They should not be on the ballot. It's that simple.

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 01:15 AM
You're delusional, emmie!!!!!!! I didn't say any of that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute Liberty is an ignorant policy? Freedom to choose! Ignorant? Flat Tax? Not wanting to be routinely searched, no intrusion of personal business, banking or family issues. Ignorant? Less Government.......Ignorant? No eminant domain! Ignorant?

Psycho.......you're losing it brother! What did our forefathers fight the British for? Without rhetoric and your usual dancing just answer that question!

So I have no question from you to answer on the topics you propose. The board is open, however, for you to start threads about any of them that you would like.

Sheesh,,,,,,what a pussy you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Your party lost their sillyass case, emmie!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the issue is really simplistic. Democrats and Republicans had until a certain time to fulfill certain criteria, they didn't do it! They should not be on the ballot. It's that simple.

And you're losing this sillyass argument!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2: