PDA

View Full Version : Obama - I Have A Bracelet Too

red states rule
09-27-2008, 07:38 AM
So the messiah has a bracelet? Funny how he has to look down at the name of the soldier he is "honoring" - after he stutters, and hesitates

This is what happens to him eveytime the teleprompter is not there to tell him what to say

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gdmywc39XD0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gdmywc39XD0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

theHawk
09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
LOL.

"Uhhh.....uhhhh...let me read this real quick....uhhh."

I don't really know what Obama's point was, is he saying he'll never use troops no matter what because it will end up with a grieving mother somewhere? Is he going to let his foreign policy be dictated by the mothers of troops?

red states rule
09-27-2008, 09:20 AM
LOL.

"Uhhh.....uhhhh...let me read this real quick....uhhh."

I don't really know what Obama's point was, is he saying he'll never use troops no matter what because it will end up with a grieving mother somewhere? Is he going to let his foreign policy be dictated by the mothers of troops?

Remember Hawk, Obama was opposed to the surge, dismissing it as a wasye of time, money, and lives

He dissed the troops while in Europe and did not go to see them - instead he went to a photop where he shot some baskets

Like most libs, Obama is more interested in other countries liking us, and not fighting, killing, and capturing terrorists

Abbey Marie
09-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I was so moved, I cried.
He really cares about our men in uniform.
He really cares about all of us.

That last statement comes from a post-debate poll and was made by a female, Obama-supporting, potential voter. It's so comforting to know that the future of our nation could turn on people's unsubstantiated "feelings"

red states rule
09-27-2008, 10:56 AM
I was so moved, I cried.
He really cares about our men in uniform.
He really cares about all of us.

That last statement comes from a post-debate poll and was made by a female, Obama-supporting, potential voter. It's so comforting to know that the future of our nation could turn on people's unsubstantiated "feelings"

Reading that made my stomach turn

Immanuel
09-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I noticed that too, but I actually wondered if he was wearing the bracelet or was just looking down at his watch to make you think he had it on... for effect. In truth, I doubted he actually had it on since he would not have anticipated that Senator McCain would have brought that up... oh wait, Obama is Precognitive. I forgot!

I did think that it would have been nice if Senator McCain, when he brought the subject up, would have displayed the bracelet so that we all would see that he cherished the gift and the memory of that soldier. If Senator McCain showed the bracelet, I didn't see it.

Immie

red states rule
09-27-2008, 11:00 AM
I noticed that too, but I actually wondered if he was wearing the bracelet or was just looking down at his watch to make you think he had it on... for effect. In truth, I doubted he actually had it on since he would not have anticipated that Senator McCain would have brought that up... oh wait, Obama is Precognitive. I forgot!

I did think that it would have been nice if Senator McCain, when he brought the subject up, would have displayed the bracelet so that we all would see that he cherished the gift and the memory of that soldier. If Senator McCain showed the bracelet, I didn't see it.

Immie

Shows Obama is like a fish out of water without his teleprompter

Kathianne
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
From the 'kids':

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/09/on-bracelets.html

Granted only one, but seems to the point:

Posted By Uber Pig

For those of you who watched Friday night's debate between McCain & Obama, you'll know there was an exchange over which candidate's position had more authority because of the bracelet he wore than the other. Background from Jake Tapper on the bracelet issue here. My take is that McCain used an appeal to my emotions to score a point against his opponent, Barack Obama. It's a well known, effective, but unfair debating tactic. An appeal to emotion can be used to justify almost anything, after all, and they keep people from getting to the truth, from arriving at objective decisions. If Obama had come out against these kinds of unfair emotional attacks, or flat out got angry and said he wouldn't take advantage of someone's personal tragedy to guilt people into supporting his political agenda, I'd have more respect for him.

But he didn't, and I don't.

What he did is respond in kind to McCain's gut punch with this sort of a fey, pathetic, open fisted slap that fell flat because he didn't actually believe the lie he was telling; if you're going to make an unfair appeal to my emotions, you had better know the name of the soldier whose memory you are manipulationg and his story, and be able to speak of that story with authenticity. What it boils down to is this: My views on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are different from those of my Mother or Father. Casey Sheehan's views on the war in Iraq -- having re-enlisted before volunteering to go on the mission he was killed on -- were demonstrably different from his mother Cindy's. And for all I know, the views of Matt Stanley and Ryan David Jopek were different from those of their Mothers, too. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines aren't victims. They aren't kids. And they don't need their parents to speak for them. So please, if you're a politician, argue your position based on its merits. And if you choose to wear a bracelet, do it as a private thing in honor of a fellow American's service and sacrifice. And then leave it at that. Don't reduce it to another piece of cheap jewelry.

-- Uber Pig, Out

DragonStryk72
09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
I agree with Uber Pig, these people are fucking assholes, they have not one good spine between them. Having been a sailor, do you have any idea how cheap it makes me feel that fellow military men and women are being used like this?

Oh, and don't think I'm just pissing on Obama with this, McCain got the ball rolling. so he's just as much on my shit list.

Psychoblues
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
that you're all pissing down your legs about:

Source: Chicago Tribune

MILWAUKEE - The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war...........

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-obama-bracelet,0,6413408.story

I thought it was a good move for our future Commander In Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Sitarro
09-29-2008, 12:31 AM

MILWAUKEE - The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war...........

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-obama-bracelet,0,6413408.story

If he somehow actually wins, that ass wipe will regret even running for President.

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Are you threatening or promising, zero?

If he somehow actually wins, that ass wipe will regret even running for President.

Your ignorant ass was picked out long ago for exclusion from serious endeavors, or didn't you know?

red states rule
09-29-2008, 05:58 AM

Nice to see the messiah honored the request of the family. With Barry, the campaign comes before all else

-Cp
09-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Yesterday, people pointed out that Barack Obama had been asked to stop wearing the bracelet of Sgt. Ryan Jopek by his mother Tracy, who had given it to him early this year but had second thoughts about his using it as part of his campaign speeches. The Associated Press got in touch with Tracy Jopek, who confirmed that but also said she had no problem with Obama’s use of the bracelet in the debate:

After Tracy Jopek gave Sen. Barack Obama a bracelet in honor of her son who was killed in Iraq, she asked Obama not to mention the bracelet on the campaign trail.

But Jopek told The Associated Press on Sunday that she’s satisfied with how Obama discussed it during last week’s presidential debate. …

“His response in the debate was exactly that, a response, after John McCain put it out there first,” she said. “I think it was an appropriate response — he was just saying there’s another side to the story, there’s two different viewpoints.”

Ms. Jopek also said her ex-husband mischaracterized her viewpoint during his interview on a Wisconsin public radio talk show. She asked Obama to stop talking about the bracelet out of respect for the feelings of other Gold Star families who still support the war. She was afraid the issue would get exploited by anti-war groups, and apparently she doesn’t want to become the next Cindy Sheehan. Ryan’s father Brian may feel differently about his son’s sacrifice (Brian is currently stationed in Guantanamo Bay), but Brian Jopek didn’t give Obama the bracelet.

We can criticize Obama for his delivery and for forgetting Jopek’s name in that moment of the debate, but Obama didn’t disrespect Tracy Jopek’s wishes.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/29/the-verdict-on-obamas-bracelet/?print=1