PDA

View Full Version : Post Debate Polling

OCA
09-27-2008, 10:07 AM
National Average

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Electoral count

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

Johnny is pretty much done.......especially after this Thursday.:laugh2:

Yurt
09-27-2008, 11:17 AM
uh, huh, just like hillary doesn't lose elections

OCA
09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
uh, huh, just like hillary doesn't lose elections

So you are saying the numbers are a lie?

Yurt
09-27-2008, 12:12 PM
So you are saying the numbers are a lie?

it ain't nov 4 yet, in 04 everybody, including the "numbers" said kerry had it hands down...

09-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Seems like we should be bracing ourselves to get screwed regardless anyway.

However, it does take a few days before the debates are actually reflected in the polls.

Trigg
09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I would anticipate McCain's numbers going up. Even MSNBC said McCain won the debate and Obama gave to much away, with all of the "I agree with McCain" and "McCain is right".

Their one good thing to say about Obama was "He looked Presidential", big deal. I don't care what the guy looks like. I want someone who's going to do a good job, keep American jobs, and keep the borders secure. He could look like the troll in the basement for all I care, this isn't a beauty contest.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Even MSNBC said McCain won the debate

Now that is something.

midcan5
09-28-2008, 02:03 PM
McCain's largest problem is he is running against himself and his party, notice it isn't government that is the bad guy now but Washington. That's a strange use of language.

mundame
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Polls: Obama leads in critical trio of states (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_battlegrounds)

<!-- BEGIN STORY BODY -->By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer 10/1

<!-- end storyhdr -->WASHINGTON - Recently trailing or tied, Democrat Barack Obama now leads Republican John McCain in a trio of the most critical, vote-rich states five weeks before the election, according to presidential poll results released Wednesday.

The Democrat's support jumped to 50 percent or above in Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania in Quinnipiac University surveys taken during the weekend — after the opening presidential debate and during Monday's dramatic stock market plunge as the House rejected a $700 billion financial bailout plan.

Combined, these states offer 68 of the 270 electoral votes needed for victory on Election Day, Nov. 4.

Pollsters attributed Obama's improved standing to the public's general approval of his debate performance, antipathy toward GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and heightened confidence in the Illinois senator's ability to handle the economic crisis.

The new surveys show Obama leading McCain in Florida 51 percent to 43 percent, in Ohio 50 percent to 42 percent and in Pennsylvania 54 percent to 39 percent.

Since 1960, no president has been elected without winning two of those three states.

And Obama is polling ahead in all three, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Okay, that's the clue I was looking for to predict this race. The three big states are always the key.

I could have voted for that darn McCain, if very reluctantly, until he chose that bimbo Sarah Palin as his running mate, but that's just an insult to women, to the American people, and to the gods of mortality.

Yurt
10-01-2008, 10:16 AM
what i don't understand is what exactly has obama, other than not being bush or not having an (R) next to his name, said or done to cause people to have confidence in him on economic matters?

mundame
10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
what i don't understand is what exactly has obama, other than not being bush or not having an (R) next to his name, said or done to cause people to have confidence in him on economic matters?

I have no idea. Nothing at all, as far as I can tell.

He just isn't Bush, or what people are calling Bush III, or McCain, the Third Bush term.

It's presumably just that simple.

Well, maybe people prefer Obama's calm to McCain's rather hysterical cancelling his campaign and the debate (until he realized he couldn't) to "solve" the bailout problem, which he made worse and produced an actual loud fight in the Roosevelt Room in the White House. Then McCain couldn't get ANYthing solved, and left to go to the debate despite sayiing he wouldn't and the bailout still isn't solved at all and the people hate it ---

Obama at least looks marginally better than THAT mess!!

This whole bailout shenanigans was probably McCain's Fatal Misstep, after which his campaign never recovers.

Though a lot of people think the fatal misstep was Sarah Palin. I guess there will be a lot of people analyzing that if McCain loses.

Sitarro
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I have no idea. Nothing at all, as far as I can tell.

He just isn't Bush, or what people are calling Bush III, or McCain, the Third Bush term.

It's presumably just that simple.

Well, maybe people prefer Obama's calm to McCain's rather hysterical cancelling his campaign and the debate (until he realized he couldn't) to "solve" the bailout problem, which he made worse and produced an actual loud fight in the Roosevelt Room in the White House. Then McCain couldn't get ANYthing solved, and left to go to the debate despite sayiing he wouldn't and the bailout still isn't solved at all and the people hate it ---

Obama at least looks marginally better than THAT mess!!

This whole bailout shenanigans was probably McCain's Fatal Misstep, after which his campaign never recovers.

Though a lot of people think the fatal misstep was Sarah Palin. I guess there will be a lot of people analyzing that if McCain loses.

It's truly amazing how full of shit you are. You have nothing even remotely intelligent to say, you are a perfect Obamasama voter.

emmett
10-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I would anticipate McCain's numbers going up. Even MSNBC said McCain won the debate and Obama gave to much away, with all of the "I agree with McCain" and "McCain is right".

Their one good thing to say about Obama was "He looked Presidential", big deal. I don't care what the guy looks like. I want someone who's going to do a good job, keep American jobs, and keep the borders secure. He could look like the troll in the basement for all I care, this isn't a beauty contest.

I have no desire to be president Trigg!

namvet
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
National Average

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Electoral count

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

Johnny is pretty much done.......especially after this Thursday.:laugh2:

by a 66 year old senior citizen withe 2 brain tumors???? yeah right:lol: