PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Promises you can't believe in

Yurt
09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
A Longer Timetable

Obama stretched out his schedule for withdrawing troops from Iraq. During the debate, Obama said we could "reduce" the number of combat troops in 16 months:

Obama: Now, what I've said is we should end this war responsibly. We should do it in phases. But in 16 months we should be able to reduce our combat troops, put – provide some relief to military families and our troops and bolster our efforts in Afghanistan so that we can capture and kill bin Laden and crush al Qaeda.

But in Oct. 2007, Obama supported removing all combat troops from Iraq
within 16 months:

Obama (Oct. 2007): I will remove one or two brigades a month, and get all of our combat troops out of Iraq within 16 months. The only troops I will keep in Iraq will perform the limited missions of protecting our diplomats and carrying out targeted strikes on al Qaeda. And I will launch the diplomatic and humanitarian initiatives that are so badly needed. Let there be no doubt: I will end this war

factcheck.org

Yurt
09-27-2008, 05:03 PM
:lol:

Yurt
09-28-2008, 05:55 PM
the election is a short time away, the libs complain that mccain was wrong to suspend his campaign to go to washington to try and resolve this great financial crises, yet, obammmy can't keep his promises and not a peep about that.

why?

(D)

thats why