PDA

View Full Version : answer this question

actsnoblemartin
09-28-2008, 10:32 PM
for democrats: if you could have any democrat dead or alive run for president/ be in the the debates, who would it be and why?

for republicans: if you could have any republican dead or alive run for president/ be in the the debates, who would it be and why?

and for third party people: if you could have any republican dead or alive run for president/ be in the the debates, who would it be and why?

DragonStryk72
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
So, wait, we the third party have to choose a rep? that makes no sense, the whole point of 3rd parties being that they are not the dems and reps.

anyhoo, regardless of party affiliation, I'd take Thomas Jefferson. He was the first abolitionist to show up in our government (somehow, he looked at the phrase, "all men are created equal" then looked over the plantation and saw a fallacy. He both freed, and began paying his slaves, since he knew we couldn't afford infighting at the time.), and he is pretty much responsible for most the ideology of the Libertarian party.

actsnoblemartin
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
I made a typo, I meant that i'd like the third party people to chose any third party person to run for president dead or alive, / for debate

again sorry for the typo

So, wait, we the third party have to choose a rep? that makes no sense, the whole point of 3rd parties being that they are not the dems and reps.

anyhoo, regardless of party affiliation, I'd take Thomas Jefferson. He was the first abolitionist to show up in our government (somehow, he looked at the phrase, "all men are created equal" then looked over the plantation and saw a fallacy. He both freed, and began paying his slaves, since he knew we couldn't afford infighting at the time.), and he is pretty much responsible for most the ideology of the Libertarian party.

DragonStryk72
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I made a typo, I meant that i'd like the third party people to chose any third party person to run for president dead or alive, / for debate

again sorry for the typo

Jefferson in technical ran prior to the current two parties, so in technical, I get to choose him.

actsnoblemartin
09-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I decided to make one more clarification, third party people on the board can choose whomever they want for any reason.

we cool? :salute:

Jefferson in technical ran prior to the current two parties, so in technical, I get to choose him.

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 12:33 AM
I decided to make one more clarification, third party people on the board can choose whomever they want for any reason.

we cool? :salute:

Colin Powell.

emmett
09-29-2008, 12:56 AM

again sorry for the typo

Harry Browne

On Friday, he would have consumed both BO an JM like a quick lunch on economic policy. Had he have been elected president in 1996 there would have been:

No war in Iraq yet Saddam Hussein would have still been forced from power without a shot!

No bailout of FM / FM, he predicted the current problem 15 years ago and would have easily circumvented it with smart economic policy.

NO WIRETAPPING!

NO Bush!

No Clinton Impeechment

Less Child Molestation because on his first day of office he would have released all non violent drug offenders and revoked the parole of every single molestor in the US.

We could have had that but we settled for this!

On November 4, we have another chance to turn our country around.

SassyLady
09-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Harry Browne

On Friday, he would have consumed both BO an JM like a quick lunch on economic policy. Had he have been elected president in 1996 there would have been:

No war in Iraq yet Saddam Hussein would have still been forced from power without a shot!

No bailout of FM / FM, he predicted the current problem 15 years ago and would have easily circumvented it with smart economic policy.

NO WIRETAPPING!

NO Bush!

No Clinton Impeechment

Less Child Molestation because on his first day of office he would have released all non violent drug offenders and revoked the parole of every single molestor in the US.

We could have had that but we settled for this!

On November 4, we have another chance to turn our country around.

Why would anyone do this? Selling drugs to children is a non-violent offense....and you think this is not punishable? I could go on with other examples of non-violent drug offenses. Which ones are you advocating no incarceration for?

Kathianne
09-29-2008, 05:55 AM

Only the Hemmings, not his other slaves. Washington freed his slaves, upon his imminent death.

mundame
09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Alexander Hamilton.

He successfully got us through the first financial crisis, and creatively, too.

Alexander Hamilton, where are you when we really need you?

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Although I am a Democrat I would have to choose a Republican namely Dwight D. Eisenhower. I believe President Eisenhower to be the epitome of what a President of the United States Of America is supposed to represent. I'll list just a few things that he did that certainly earned my respect.

He took the physical infrastructure of the country seriously and set about making improvements that we all contine to enjoy to this very day.

He racially integrated our military and our schools and we continue to benefit from that very wise decision to this day.

He admonished us and warned us concerning the military/industrial complex that he said would be the ruination of our nation. I think his admonition has not been taken seriously enough and we're paying the price for our ignorance.

These are just a few of the things that impressed me about President Eisenhower. He was at least one of the best Presidents in the history of our nation. And, he was a GOOD AND HONEST MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: