PDA

View Full Version : Soldier's Mother Ecstatic About Obama's Bracelet

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 02:08 AM
She is, as she should be, proud of what her son gave to you and to me.

Source: Chicago Tribune

MILWAUKEE - The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war..............

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-obama-bracelet,0,6413408.story

I salute her and her son:cheers2::salute:

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

actsnoblemartin
09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
dont get me wrong, im all for remembering our troops. But the way he said itwas so ive got a bike too, like two 12 year olds arguing who has the hotter girlfriend

:lol:

She is, as she should be, proud of what her son gave to you and to me.

Source: Chicago Tribune

MILWAUKEE - The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates. But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war..............

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-wi-obama-bracelet,0,6413408.story

I salute her and her son:cheers2::salute:

stephanie
09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
very true martin..and then he had to look at the bracelet to remember the persons name..

he sure honors him, alright..

actsnoblemartin
09-29-2008, 10:43 AM
hahaha, he was checking his prompter :laugh2:

very true martin..and then he had to look at the bracelet to remember the persons name..

he sure honors him, alright..

Psychoblues
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
The soldiers mother was very pleased with how Obama handled the tribute, marteen.

hahaha, he was checking his prompter :laugh2:

Is it your purpose to ridicule that?!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought I knew you better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

namvet
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
The soldiers mother was very pleased with how Obama handled the tribute, marteen.

Is it your purpose to ridicule that?!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought I knew you better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get your welfare check today???? :lol::lol::lol:

Psychoblues
10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
WTF is that supposed to mean, numbnuts?

get your welfare check today???? :lol::lol::lol:

We were talking about trubutes to genuine veterans and you come up with horseshit like that?