PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Which damaged America more?

red states rule
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Which did more damage to America? The Pelosi/Reid Congress or 9/11?

Cast your vote and explain why?

manu1959
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
911......it caused us to go to war and spend billions.......and lose sight of the fact that we are not taking care of america first.....

pelosi and reid haven't actually done anything....

red states rule
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
911......it caused us to go to war and spend billions.......and lose sight of the fact that we are not taking care of america first.....

pelosi and reid haven't actually done anything....

While 9/11 hurt us financially, it brought us together as a nation (at least for awhile)

What's going on now is hurting us financially, but is ripping the country apart.

Plus, as you said, on so many issues Dems have done nothing for political reasons

manu1959
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
While 9/11 hurt us financially, it brought us together as a nation (at least for awhile)

What's going on now is hurting us financially, but is ripping the country apart.

Plus, as you said, on so many issues Dems have done nothing for political reasons

911 has done more to divide this nation than any other single thing......and i say that the polarization of politics is directly atributed to that event

red states rule
09-29-2008, 08:36 PM
911 has done more to divide this nation than any other single thing......and i say that the polarization of politics is directly atributed to that event

Pelosi has time to change your mind Manu

manu1959
09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Pelosi has time to change your mind Manu

if not for 911....she would have no traction.....

YamiB.
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I voted for 9/11 it caused us a great deal of damage both in terms of the emotional damage, the lives lost, and the great financial problems it caused. Less directly I would agree with how it helped to bring us into the Iraq war causing us to lose more of these things as well as harming our foreign relations, though that could have been avoided and the opposite could have happened as a result of 9/11.

I don't see how the Pelosi/Reid congress is even comparable. red states it seems that you disagree with my position could you tell me why you think the Pelosi/Reid congress has been so damaging to America?

manu1959
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
I voted for 9/11 it caused us a great deal of damage both in terms of the emotional damage, the lives lost, and the great financial problems it caused. Less directly I would agree with how it helped to bring us into the Iraq war causing us to lose more of these things as well as harming our foreign relations, though that could have been avoided and the opposite could have happened as a result of 9/11.

I don't see how the Pelosi/Reid congress is even comparable. red states it seems that you disagree with my position could you tell me why you think the Pelosi/Reid congress has been so damaging to America?

they have spent two years exploiting the divide for political gain......

Joe Steel
09-30-2008, 07:10 AM
The damage done by the Bush regime was surpassed only by the damage done by the Reagan regime. These two eight-year horrors have drug-down America so far, we may not be able to restore the American dream in the lifetime of anyone now living.

Nukeman
09-30-2008, 08:04 AM
The damage done by the Bush regime was surpassed only by the damage done by the Reagan regime. These two eight-year horrors have drug-down America so far, we may not be able to restore the American dream in the lifetime of anyone now living.
hey dumb fuck that wasn't one of the choices. Try and keep up!!!!!!

YamiB.
09-30-2008, 08:47 AM
they have spent two years exploiting the divide for political gain......

I don't exactly get what charge you're trying to lay here, are you saying that they've been extremely partisan? If I could get an example or two that would be great because I'm sure it would help me to better understand what is meant.

remie
09-30-2008, 08:52 AM

I voted 911 but find it so ironic that for a year after that terrible day, America was more united than I have seen it in my lifetime. Its sad that politics has polarized us once more.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 11:09 AM

When you are betrayed by the people you trust - it hurts worse then when your enemies hurt you

AQ was our enemy and we never trusted them (well some libs might)

Pelosi and company was at least trusted by some (the same ones who would trust AQ)

YamiB.
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
When you are betrayed by the people you trust - it hurts worse then when your enemies hurt you

AQ was our enemy and we never trusted them (well some libs might)

Pelosi and company was at least trusted by some (the same ones who would trust AQ)

So any substance as to what the congress did to betray the country so badly or is this just a sad attempt to demonize liberals?

red states rule
09-30-2008, 12:02 PM
So any substance as to what the congress did to betray the country so badly or is this just a sad attempt to demonize liberals?

Look at what Dems have done. Nothing

Then they pass the buck

Dems have accused Pres Bush of treason, murder, and perjury. They have called the troops Nazi's, and compared them to Pol Pot

Dems have played politics with the lives of the troops. They refuse to drill for the oil we have in our own country

Dems do now want to solve any of the issues the country faces. They would rather have the issues for the next election. As they have done since I statred following policitcs in the late 70's

Joe Steel
09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
hey dumb fuck that wasn't one of the choices. Try and keep up!!!!!!

Doesn't make any difference, dumbass. Bush and Reagan did more damage than anyone or anything else.

But I will admit I made a mistake. Clearly, Bush is worse than Reagan.

stang56k
09-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I would say 9/11 because of the Patriot act that which infringes on every ones personal liberties, rights and freedoms. Im going to get flamed for this one lol.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I would say 9/11 because of the Patriot act that which infringes on every ones personal liberties, rights and freedoms. Im going to get flamed for this one lol.

and what right have you lost? It is a standard talking point libs toos out but never offer any examples

Obama, Pelosi and the Democrats did what Al Qaeda could not. They have divided the American People and set one against another.

The true enemy of America is that we are governed by spin instead of facts; of propaganda rather than information; of intimidation rather than cooperation.

Libs and the liberal media thrive in that enviroment

YamiB.
09-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Look at what Dems have done. Nothing

Then they pass the buck

Dems have accused Pres Bush of treason, murder, and perjury. They have called the troops Nazi's, and compared them to Pol Pot

Dems have played politics with the lives of the troops. They refuse to drill for the oil we have in our own country

Dems do now want to solve any of the issues the country faces. They would rather have the issues for the next election. As they have done since I statred following policitcs in the late 70's

So basically you're faulting them for inaction. The inaction that has been part of the 110th congress is at least partially due to the unprecedented use of filibusters by republicans. If the democrats get a larger majority in congress and a president in the next election then failings for those years can be placed on them. Under the current circumstances both parties should be blamed.

I'd like quotes for the comments you're referring to.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
So basically you're faulting them for inaction. The inaction that has been part of the 110th congress is at least partially due to the unprecedented use of filibusters by republicans. If the democrats get a larger majority in congress and a president in the next election then failings for those years can be placed on them. Under the current circumstances both parties should be blamed.

I'd like quotes for the comments you're referring to.

Dems in the Hosue can do whatever they want whenever the want

Yet they have done NOTHING. They have only kept a few of their promises they made in 2006

Dems said they would end the war in Iraq, lower gas prices, work with the minority, work a 5 day week, cut pork, "drain the swamp of corruption", and reduce spending

Yet in the House none of those promsies have been kept. The Dems need only a simple majority in the House, so Pelsoi can blame nobody but her own failed and decisive leadership

So you want quotes of Dems supporting our troops. Are you really that uninformed? OK, here you go

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLuMWiQ6r2o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLuMWiQ6r2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXaoavV1d4s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXaoavV1d4s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MqIlXfkylD4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MqIlXfkylD4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXPw5Ragb4U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXPw5Ragb4U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nukeman
09-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Doesn't make any difference, dumbass. Bush and Reagan did more damage than anyone or anything else.

But I will admit I made a mistake. Clearly, Bush is worse than Reagan.
Does to make a difference if your going to comment on the OP than stick with the thread. Or are you just that fucking stupid......... Unlike you I can follow a thread without screaming "it's all Bush's fault" You sound like a freaking broken record, that may be why your the board joke. DUMBASS!!!

If Reagan did soo much damage why then are the dems attempting to use his trickle down economics that YOU soo hate, because this rediculous bail out is all that that is.......:poke:

red states rule
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Nukeman;302878]Does to make a difference if your going to comment on the OP than stick with the thread. Or are you just that fucking stupid......... QUOTE]

You asked and answered your own question Nukeman

stang56k
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
and what right have you lost? It is a standard talking point libs toos out but never offer any examples

Obama, Pelosi and the Democrats did what Al Qaeda could not. They have divided the American People and set one against another.

The true enemy of America is that we are governed by spin instead of facts; of propaganda rather than information; of intimidation rather than cooperation.

Libs and the liberal media thrive in that enviroment

Did I say lost? I said infringes.

You are right none of my liberties have been lost. But the ability that the goverment has with that act makes them have the power to make anyone lose those rights, on the suspition that you a terrorist. What are the guide lines for being labeling a terrorist? A matter of perception of some one? At that moment when you are labeled a terrorist the power the goverement has enabled by this act is cleary a threat to anyones rights.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -Benjamin Franklin

I cant agree with this more.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry, but I think the liberal media's former stranglehold on information has damaged the country more than the other two put together. The teetering financial status of the NYT gives me hope.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Sorry, but I think the liberal media's former stranglehold on information has damaged the country more than the other two put together. The teetering financial status of the NYT gives me hope.

and if Obama wins, and has the Reid/Pelosi Congress then they will pass the "Fairness Doctrine" and do all they can to snuff out all opposing voices - leaving us with the liberal media for most of our information

Obama can make Keith Olbermann his Press Sec AND make MSNBC as the offical netowrk of the Obama administration

stang56k
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
and if Obama wins, and has the Reid/Pelosi Congress then they will pass the "Fairness Doctrine" and do all they can to snuff out all opposing voices - leaving us with the liberal media for most of our information

Obama can make Keith Olbermann his Press Sec AND make MSNBC as the offical netowrk of the Obama administration

You forget about one powerful imformation entity they have yet to contain...THE INTERNET.
If they regulate the internet then its time to go into panic mode.

April15
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
The republican party has done more damage to America than any two combined events in history.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 04:11 PM
The republican party has done more damage to America than any two combined events in history.

As Joey was told, stay of topic or start your own thread

April15
09-30-2008, 04:20 PM
As Joey was told, stay of topic or start your own threadA question was asked and I answered. The two choices were insufficient for the proper answer to be given. If that is off topic I am sorry! But the truth must be heard!

red states rule
09-30-2008, 04:24 PM
A question was asked and I answered. The two choices were insufficient for the proper answer to be given. If that is off topic I am sorry! But the truth must be heard!

They try the obvious. Attempt to defend Pelosi and Reid. I know it is hard, but you are an expert at pulling talking points out of your ass

YamiB.
10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Dems in the Hosue can do whatever they want whenever the want

Yet they have done NOTHING. They have only kept a few of their promises they made in 2006

Dems said they would end the war in Iraq, lower gas prices, work with the minority, work a 5 day week, cut pork, "drain the swamp of corruption", and reduce spending

Yet in the House none of those promsies have been kept. The Dems need only a simple majority in the House, so Pelsoi can blame nobody but her own failed and decisive leadership

So you want quotes of Dems supporting our troops. Are you really that uninformed? OK, here you go

It doesn't matter if they need just need a majority in the house if they can't get it through the Senate or past the President.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_public_laws&docid=f:publ081.110

This Act was sponsored by Reid and takes aim at lessening corruption and making earmarks more transparent so that pork can be combated.

Attempts have been made for a bill that would scale back the US involvement in the Iraq War. It's been sitting in committee, but I can't really find information if that is due to the Democrats or the Republicans on the committee.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:S433:

As for the videos both of Kerry's statements are fine. It is well known that the first one was a botched joke against Bush. This explanation makes much more sense when the clip is put into context where he was bashing Bush. If you watch the whole of the second clip that you provided then it is clear that Kerry does not make a judgment on the actions of the troops and is instead criticizing the fact that US troops are doing it instead of Iraqi troops taking over.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/01/AR2006110102513.html

The third clip is obviously a gross exaggeration on the part of Durbin and he apologized for it as he should have.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/21/AR2005062101654.html

The Democrat is wrong in the fourth clip for making a decision on the case without waiting for the investigation to finish. But he is correct in saying that being part of the military does not make individuals immune from being punished for their actions. He does not seem to be criticizing the troops as a whole, only those that are involved in this case. In the case that he is referring to where multiple civilians were killed I think there seems to be strong evidence of some wrongdoing.

midcan5
10-01-2008, 05:55 PM
The damage 911 did to America was incalculable. It showed that a nation that once prided itself on restraint could easily allow fear to control their actions.

It demonstrated that a once proud nation could forget its fundamental principle not to attack and kill unless threatened.

It tarnished forever our reputation for sound judgment and honorable action.

It made jingoism and blind nationalism real in a nation that once fought these very things.

It reduced our treatment of others to justifiable savagery. It labeled them and allowed us to kill them.

It divided the sensible from the war mongers and showed clearly the hatred xenophobia causes. It caused the worst foreign affair action in our nation's history, the destruction of a sovereign nation.

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/books/books.php?id=8401

manu1959
10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
The damage 911 did to America was incalculable. It showed that a nation that once prided itself on restraint could easily allow fear to control their actions.

It demonstrated that a once proud nation could forget its fundamental principle not to attack and kill unless threatened.

It made jingoism and blind nationalism real in a nation that once fought these very things.

It reduced our treatment of others to justifiable savagery. It labeled them and allowed us to kill them.

It divided the sensible from the war mongers and showed clearly the hatred xenophobia causes. It caused the worst foreign affair action in our nation's history, the destruction of a sovereign nation.

"We first kill people with our minds, before we kill them with weapons. Whatever the conflict, the enemy is always the destroyer. We're on God's side; they're barbaric. We're good, they're evil. War gives us a feeling of moral clarity that we lack at other times." Sam Keen

so what was the proper response to us assests being attacked for the 7th time in as many years.....

red states rule
10-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Yes midcan, 9-11 made most liberals feel sorry for the terrorists and has caused liberals to offer them sympathy, understanding, and support for their war against America. At the same time, made libs express their hate for America and the military more openly then usual

April15
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
They try the obvious. Attempt to defend Pelosi and Reid. I know it is hard, but you are an expert at pulling talking points out of your assThere is nothing to defend! They did their job and the president has failed more often than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

red states rule
10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
There is nothing to defend! They did their job and the president has failed more often than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Have you noticed the approval rating for Congress is about 10 point LOWER then pres Bush's?

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-01-2008, 09:21 PM

Obama can make Keith Olbermann his Press Sec AND make MSNBC as the offical netowrk of the Obama administration Well we all ready have the Clinton NEWS NETWORK

red states rule
10-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Well we all ready have the Clinton NEWS NETWORK

and MSNBC where it is all Obama all the time

midcan5
10-02-2008, 07:18 PM
so what was the proper response to us assests being attacked for the 7th time in as many years.....

Well that depends, Reagan cut and run after Beirut, Bush Sr left the Kurds get massacred, did attacking Iraq made anymore sense. And notice how badly the Iraq invasion screwed up Afghanistan where the real efforts against the terrorists should have taken place. You fight terrorists as you fight crime, as we fought the KKK and the mafia. You infiltrate and destroy, attacking a nation that had nothing to with 911 made zero sense to those with sense.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

red states rule
10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Well that depends, Reagan cut and run after Beirut, Bush Sr left the Kurds get massacred, did attacking Iraq made anymore sense. And notice how badly the Iraq invasion screwed up Afghanistan where the real efforts against the terrorists should have taken place. You fight terrorists as you fight crime, as we fought the KKK and the mafia. You infiltrate and destroy, attacking a nation that had nothing to with 911 made zero sense to those with sense.

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/drsanity/democratsmakewar.gif

manu1959
10-02-2008, 09:06 PM

yesi am aware of history....clinton cut and ran in rawanda and somalia.....

but the question was....so what would the proper response have been to 911.....

Immanuel
10-02-2008, 09:37 PM

I DO NOT support the war in Iraq and have not since the day Saddam was captured, however, to be realistic, if we had not gone into Iraq and put all our troops and focus on Afghanistan, then bin Ladin would be in Iraq or some place other than Afghanistan. He's gone to the safest place he can find at the moment. If that place were not the best place for him, he'd be someplace else. If there were no U.S. troops looking for bin Ladin in Iraq, then bin Ladin would be in Iraq. If all our troops were looking in Afghanistan, bin Ladin would be in Iraq.

Immie