PDA

View Full Version : Osama the Nazi: control the press

namvet
09-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Osama and his thugs are hard at work here to control the press and media. deemed the "Missouri truth squad".

By now a gazillion sites have posted this from the State of Missouri's site, "Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign's Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement." What interests me most about it is the eerie parallel between the Obama camp's activity here and the Organization of the Islamic Conference's efforts to stifle all criticism of Islam and destroy the freedom of speech -- also by means of legal intimidation, at the UN and elsewhere

source (source)

from the office of the Missouri Governor Matt Blunt

Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign’s Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.

“St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

“This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.”

press announcment (press announcment)

Clinton forum
link (link)

XIenDGSAdPA

implicates D sen McCaskill. now know as mrs Goebbels and the rise of the Nazi's in Missouri. and your state to.

theHawk
09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Isn't it amazing how the resident liberals that claim to cherish the constitution turn a blind eye to this gross violation of First Amendment rights?

YamiB.
09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/attacking-obama.html

I think that this adds some sense to the issue.

I'd be interested to know if this group has actually used the powers of their positions at all in relation to their membership of this group of if they are simply functioning in it as any other citizen would in support of their candidate against what they see as falsehoods put out by the other side. Or is this just even more bluster and paranoia than it seems to be?

diuretic
09-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Obama knows he needs to deal with liars. He is dealing with liars. The partisan will scream blue murder. The uncommitted voter will see Obama refusing to be Swiftboated as was Kerry.

Joe Steel
09-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Obama knows he needs to deal with liars. He is dealing with liars. The partisan will scream blue murder. The uncommitted voter will see Obama refusing to be Swiftboated as was Kerry.

Exactly.

Kerry's experience at the hands of the Swiftboat Liars for Bush was an eyeopener. Obama's not going to repeat it. He's not going to allow the Republicons to spread their distortions and misrepresentations without challenge.

Joe Steel
09-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Isn't it amazing how the resident liberals that claim to cherish the constitution turn a blind eye to this gross violation of First Amendment rights?

What violation? Being expected to tell the truth? Do you mean the McCain campaign should be able lie, distort and misrepresent with impunity? Is that what you mean by First Amendment right?

Or, are you talking about the rightwing's attempt to silence the prosecutors by accusing them of something they're not doing?

namvet
09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Governor Blunt emailed me back and said 2 public officals are being investigated for violations. why do think I put his release up?????

theHawk
09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
What violation? Being expected to tell the truth? Do you mean the McCain campaign should be able lie, distort and misrepresent with impunity? Is that what you mean by First Amendment right?

Or, are you talking about the rightwing's attempt to silence the prosecutors by accusing them of something they're not doing?

What lies? Like Obama being buddys with Ayers, Rezko, and Rev Wright? :coffee:

There is absolutely no reason to lie about Obama's own past, we couldn't make up the shit he has done.