PDA

View Full Version : AT&T bites ass!

jimnyc
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
I had a Motorola Razr for the past 3 years, signed up with Cingular which has since been bought out by AT&T. My monthly fee was around $70 no matter what I did the prior month. I use anywhere from 300-600 minutes per month and send 100-150 txt/multimedia messages. I was no longer under contract since my original plan was for 1 year.

I went to an AT&T store in NJ at the end of last month and bought a new Blackberry 8100 Pearl. Signed up for a 2 year contract to get a huge reduction in the price of the phone, and I knew I would be using a cell anyway.

I just logged in to pay my bill and it was just shy of $200!! From day one on the new phone they were charging me $.20 for every text message and $.30 for every multimedia. Why would sending data have been free on my old phone but now cost money? Because they put me down for the "pay per use" data plan! I'm supposed to pay $5 per month for 200 messages of any kind and $.10 for every one thereafter, but instead have been being charged for every instance.

This was an "added plan" put on my package when I called the salesman to explain that neither txt or multimedia were working. He added the package to my phone that was $30 per month for unlimited internet and IM's, but pay per use on regular messages. Why would I pay $30 AND per use for my messages when I can just pay the $5 only and never go over? My history will show that I NEVER use the internet on my phone or IM's.

Long story short, they cut about $60 off the bill, and next months bill will be what I thought, but I still have about $40 in charges or so that I shouldn't be paying. It took me 45 minutes with the twit on the phone to get it reduced this much.

:fu::finger3: :pee: AT&T

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles with ATT, jimbo. I have been using ATT for years and generaly without significant problems. My wife get's pissed at them and switches plans fairly often, her company pays for it!!!!!!!!!! But, she always returns to ATT. For one, it's the only cell service that is reliable down in this river bottomland where I live. For two, we find their plans so flexible that it is easy to choose one that perfectly fits our usage requirements and three my bill is always exactly what I thought it would be!!!!

How's your mom getting along, jimbo? I hope she is doing well and making a speedy recovery!!!!! I certainly know that she is glad to be off that damned respirator!!!!!!!!!

Have a refreshment on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Noir
09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
yeah, phone companies can be wankers, I got a phone out on Orange last year, I got it for the 'magic number' feature (basicly giving me free calls to my girlfriend) and I'm sure you can imagin my face when I got my bill, not the £30 I was expecting, but £280!

After god knows how many phone calls I finaly got a full refund, it seemed the computer had not logged my girlfriends number, but the first few times I called they told me that as I wasn't on the system there was no reecord that I had registered for magic number, they only listened when I went to the store I got the phone from, as the person had noted down on my file 'magic number a priority' and when she phoned they agreed to refund.