PDA

View Full Version : age discrimination

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 10:03 AM
do we really vote or not vote for someone simply because of age?

someone who is 45 is less or more qualified then someone who is 70 because of age?

are we really this shallow?

yes, health is a concern but age has nothing to do with it, some live to be a hundred, some die at 20. some are healthy at 90 something, see mccains mom, and some are fat in 40's or 50's see michael moore, sorry michael youre fat. it doesnt make you bad, but your overweight, lets be real.

YamiB.
09-30-2008, 11:56 AM
The age of an individual most certainly is a factor in their health. Age should not be considered in the ability of the person. But if there can be a legitimate worry about if the person will survive for the duration of their stay in office that can be a valid criticism and age would be one of many factors to consider when evaluating that concern.

GW in Ohio
09-30-2008, 12:27 PM
do we really vote or not vote for someone simply because of age?

someone who is 45 is less or more qualified then someone who is 70 because of age?

are we really this shallow?

yes, health is a concern but age has nothing to do with it, some live to be a hundred, some die at 20. some are healthy at 90 something, see mccains mom, and some are fat in 40's or 50's see michael moore, sorry michael youre fat. it doesnt make you bad, but your overweight, lets be real.

martin: Age alone shouldn't disqualify you from the presidency. But it has to be pointed out that Ronald Reagan became president when he was right around McCain's age, and during his second term his age became a factor as his Alzheimer's progressed.

McCain has had a hard 72 years. The 5 years he spent as a prisoner of war took a toll on him. I don't believe he can stand up to the rigors of the presidency. And if anything happens to him, and Sarah Palin becomes president........don't get me started.

McCain should have gotten the nomination in 2000. Jesus, anybody should've gotten the nomination in 2000 over Bush.

My Winter Storm
10-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I believe there should be a limit on how how someone can be before they run for POTUS. Say, 60. McCain, IMO, is too old.

stang56k
10-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Its relative...Some people embellish age with the wisdom you gain from experience, some people get stubborn close minded, and indoctrinated with dogmatic ideas. Some people do both...