PDA

View Full Version : McCain: Palin The Next Clinton Or Reagan

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah,,,,,,,,,,riggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttt.

Source: CNN

(CNN) – Sarah Palin may just be the next Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton — two previous governors underestimated by the national media who went on to win the White House, John McCain said Monday.

Appearing alongside Palin in an interview on CBS, McCain reiterated his confidence in the Alaska governor, even as several conservatives suggested she is unqualified for the No. 2 spot on a national ticket.

"This is not the first time that I've seen a governor being questioned by some quote, 'expert,' " McCain told CBS' Katie Couric as Palin looked on. "I remember that Ronald Reagan was a 'cowboy.' President Clinton was a governor of a very small state that had 'no experience' either. I remember how easy it was going to be for Bush I to defeat him.

"But the point is I've seen underestimation before," McCain added. "I'm very proud of the excitement that Gov. Palin has ignited with our party and around this country. It is a level of excitement and enthusiasm, frankly, that I haven't seen before. And I'd like to attribute it to me. But the fact is that she has done incredible job. And I'm so proud of the work that she's doing."..........

More: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/30/mccain-palin-the-next-clinton-or-reagan/

When pigs fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stang56k
09-30-2008, 01:21 PM

(CNN) – Sarah Palin may just be the next Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton — two previous governors underestimated by the national media who went on to win the White House, John McCain said Monday.

Appearing alongside Palin in an interview on CBS, McCain reiterated his confidence in the Alaska governor, even as several conservatives suggested she is unqualified for the No. 2 spot on a national ticket.

"This is not the first time that I've seen a governor being questioned by some quote, 'expert,' " McCain told CBS' Katie Couric as Palin looked on. "I remember that Ronald Reagan was a 'cowboy.' President Clinton was a governor of a very small state that had 'no experience' either. I remember how easy it was going to be for Bush I to defeat him.

"But the point is I've seen underestimation before," McCain added. "I'm very proud of the excitement that Gov. Palin has ignited with our party and around this country. It is a level of excitement and enthusiasm, frankly, that I haven't seen before. And I'd like to attribute it to me. But the fact is that she has done incredible job. And I'm so proud of the work that she's doing."..........

More: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/30/mccain-palin-the-next-clinton-or-reagan/

Palins stands on forein policy scares the :pee: out of me.

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
what stand :laugh2:

dont cha know she is an eee dee it

:coffee:

Palins stands on forein policy scares the :pee: out of me.

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 01:25 PM
oink oink, just kidding mate.

I dont think she is ready for vice president.

two terms completed for vice president, i think im being pretty consistent here :poke:

stang56k
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
what stand :laugh2:

dont cha know she is an eee dee it

:coffee:

She said she iraq was a task from god, I know there is a debate about the context of this speech, but I have my opinion on the way I interpilate.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/11/MNSA12SBUQ.DTL

Palin said she favors admitting Georgia and Ukraine to NATO. Asked if the United States would have to go to war if Russia again invaded Georgia when it was a NATO member, Palin said, "Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help.

*In a dumb blonde voice* like..You dont start a war with a nuclear power such as russia over this...Like , I mean , you know.=P

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Anyone that would send their own son off to the ridiculous American military invasion of Iraq and tell him that he was going "on a mission from God", well, that pretty much does them in with me.

She said she iraq was a task from god, I know there is a debate about the context of this speech, but I have my opinion on the way I interpilate.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/11/MNSA12SBUQ.DTL

*In a dumb blonde voice* like..You dont start a war with a nuclear power such as russia over this...Like , I mean , you know.=P

There are very good reasons for separating the state and church and war is just one of them. Killing and dying in the name of God is what the idiots over there do, isn't it?

namvet
09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Anyone that would send their own son off to the ridiculous American military invasion of Iraq and tell him that he was going "on a mission from God", well, that pretty much does them in with me.

There are very good reasons for separating the state and church and war is just one of them. Killing and dying in the name of God is what the idiots over there do, isn't it?

good. when are you leaving ?????

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I've already been there and done that, cowgirl.

good. when are you leaving ?????

That's what shapes my thinking in this old age of mine. Confusing? Damned right it's confusing!!!!!!!!!!