PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Media - The Fix Is In For Obama

red states rule
09-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Talk about admitting the obvious

September 29, 2008
A READER AT A MAJOR NEWSROOM EMAILS: "Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true. We have a team of 4 people going thru dumpsters in Alaska and 4 in arizona. Not a single one looking into Acorn, Ayers or Freddiemae. Editor refuses to publish anything that would jeopardize election for O, and betting you dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. People cheer when CNN or NBC run another Palin-mocking but raising any reasonable inquiry into obama is derided or flat out ignored. The fix is in, and its working." I asked permission to reprint without attribution and it was granted.

UPDATE: The Anchoress hears similar things. And reader Eric Schubert: "The Edwards debacle was proof enough of where the heart of the MSM lies, and lack of curiousity of the press about Edwards probably cost Hillary the nomination. And that shameful episode offers a warning to the MSM. What if Obama does have a skeleton in his closet (such as a shady deal or outright bribe) that is revealed after he wins the election? While the chance of this scenario is remote, imagine the backlash against the MSM if it could be shown that a reasonable investigation by the MSM would have easily revealed this secret to the public prior to the election?"

ANOTHER UPDATE: Rand Simberg isn't so sure: "Where was the backlash against this about Bill Clinton in 1992? They just seem to continue to get away with it." Well, yes and no. Their reputation and readership/viewership keep falling. And layoffs keep happening. I think they're willing to pull out all the stops because they realize this is the last election where they have a chance at swinging things this way. No point saving your credibility for the future when you don't have a future, I guess . . . .

posted at 09:22 PM by Glenn Reynolds

http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/archives2/025096.php

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
i was gonna say :laugh2:

you just figured this ouot now? :coffee:

September 29, 2008
A READER AT A MAJOR NEWSROOM EMAILS: "Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true. We have a team of 4 people going thru dumpsters in Alaska and 4 in arizona. Not a single one looking into Acorn, Ayers or Freddiemae. Editor refuses to publish anything that would jeopardize election for O, and betting you dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. People cheer when CNN or NBC run another Palin-mocking but raising any reasonable inquiry into obama is derided or flat out ignored. The fix is in, and its working." I asked permission to reprint without attribution and it was granted.

UPDATE: The Anchoress hears similar things. And reader Eric Schubert: "The Edwards debacle was proof enough of where the heart of the MSM lies, and lack of curiousity of the press about Edwards probably cost Hillary the nomination. And that shameful episode offers a warning to the MSM. What if Obama does have a skeleton in his closet (such as a shady deal or outright bribe) that is revealed after he wins the election? While the chance of this scenario is remote, imagine the backlash against the MSM if it could be shown that a reasonable investigation by the MSM would have easily revealed this secret to the public prior to the election?"

ANOTHER UPDATE: Rand Simberg isn't so sure: "Where was the backlash against this about Bill Clinton in 1992? They just seem to continue to get away with it." Well, yes and no. Their reputation and readership/viewership keep falling. And layoffs keep happening. I think they're willing to pull out all the stops because they realize this is the last election where they have a chance at swinging things this way. No point saving your credibility for the future when you don't have a future, I guess . . . .

red states rule
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
i was gonna say :laugh2:

you just figured this ouot now? :coffee:

It is clear to anyone who does nothave blinders on. So that rules out MFM for starters

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 11:39 AM
It is clear to anyone who does nothave blinders on. So that rules out MFM for starters

the official 2008 election blinders made by the dnc, now available in extra stupid :laugh2:

red states rule
09-30-2008, 11:43 AM
the official 2008 election blinders made by the dnc, now available in extra stupid :laugh2:

Sometimes I think Chris Matthews is really MFM. More on the liberal bias in the media

Matthews Interviews Daughter, Doesn't Tell Viewers; She Disses Tax Cuts and Calls for 'Sacrifice'
By Tom Blumer (Bio | Archive)
September 30, 2008 - 07:19 ET

The news comes from Media Bistro's DC Fishbowl, with a twist that the post overlooked:

On Friday's "Hardball," Chris Matthews interviewed a number of student members of the group Concerned Youth of America.

One of those students -- Caroline -- is his daughter, a student at the University of Pennsylvania. Did Matthews disclose that fact as he interviewed her?

Not so much.

One tipster tells FishbowlDC that "Matthews, at the asking of his daughter, instructed the producers not to name her."

Here is what Matthews asked his daughter, and how she answered

(at the 0:35 mark)

Chris Matthews: And what happens after the bailout. (The national debt is) $11 trillion, right?

Caroline Matthews: If you keep on spending like this, our generation, in like 20 to 30 years, the debt will get to like 53 trillion dollars.

(at the 1:00 mark)

Chris Matthews: How come politicians don't talk about this?

Caroline Mathews (away from camera, causing Chris Matthews and cameraman to hastily move to her): Because people aren't - because it's not an attractive issue. People want to say - Politicians worry about being voted for, and you know, the people want taxes to be cut, and they want entitlement programs. And that's how a politician gets elected. They're not going to get elected by saying we're going to have to make sacrifices, which is what we're going to have to do.

Watch the video at

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2008/09/30/matthewss-interviews-daughter-doesnt-tell-viewers-she-disses-tax-cuts-ca

GW in Ohio
09-30-2008, 11:49 AM

September 29, 2008

Stop whining, GOPers.

Wipe your noses, pull up your pants (pull up your zipper, there), and take the ass kicking that awaits you in the election.

If you hadn't foisted a horse's ass like George Bush on the country for 8 years, there wouldn't be such a mood of animosity among the voters. The media has nothing to do with it. For 8 years you've pissed away our money and resources, not to mention our best people, on a pisshole like Iraq, while you were totally oblivious to the financial crisis caused by your laissez faire attitude.

The people are pissed, Republicans are responsible, and you certainly didn't do yourselves any good by nominating a shithead like McCain.

And Palin? :laugh2::lol::dance::lol::laugh2:

Don't get me started.........

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Stop whining, GOPers.

Wipe your noses, pull up your pants (pull up your zipper, there), and take the ass kicking that awaits you in the election.

If you hadn't foisted a horse's ass like George Bush on the country for 8 years, there wouldn't be such a mood of animosity among the voters. The media has nothing to do with it. For 8 years you've pissed away our money and resources, not to mention our best people, on a pisshole like Iraq, while you were totally oblivious to the financial crisis caused by your laissez faire attitude.

The people are pissed, Republicans are responsible, and you certainly didn't do yourselves any good by nominating a shithead like McCain.

hey gw, tell us how you really feel :laugh2:

personally, we are screwed no matter who wins, can we say la migra la migra

red states rule
09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Stop whining, GOPers.

Lets not forget your network CNN. I believe you once posted you work for them?

Dobbs: Biden Makes 'Many More Misstatements Than Sarah Palin'
By Noel Sheppard

September 30, 2008 - 10:26 ET

An astounding thing happened on CNN Monday evening: not only did Lou Dobbs say that Democrat Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden makes "many more misstatements than Sarah Palin," but he also chided Wolf Blitzer and the "Situation Room" crew for failing to point it out during their Bash Sarah session.

In preparation for the upcoming vice presidential debate, Blitzer brought on CNN analysts Gloria Borger and Jeffrey Toobin, as well as "The Weekly Standard's" Steve Hayes, to handicap the event.

As you might expect, Palin was the butt of many jokes leading Dobbs to marvelously inject the following during a mid-segment promo for his upcoming program

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/09/30/dobbs-biden-makes-many-more-misstatements-sarah-palin

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
dont blame me, i didnt know i was voting for curious george :laugh2:

Stop whining, GOPers.

GW in Ohio
09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Lets not forget your network CNN. I believe you once posted you work for them?

Dobbs: Biden Makes 'Many More Misstatements Than Sarah Palin'
By Noel Sheppard

September 30, 2008 - 10:26 ET

An astounding thing happened on CNN Monday evening: not only did Lou Dobbs say that Democrat Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden makes "many more misstatements than Sarah Palin," but he also chided Wolf Blitzer and the "Situation Room" crew for failing to point it out during their Bash Sarah session.

In preparation for the upcoming vice presidential debate, Blitzer brought on CNN analysts Gloria Borger and Jeffrey Toobin, as well as "The Weekly Standard's" Steve Hayes, to handicap the event.

As you might expect, Palin was the butt of many jokes leading Dobbs to marvelously inject the following during a mid-segment promo for his upcoming program

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/09/30/dobbs-biden-makes-many-more-misstatements-sarah-palin

No, I never said I work for CNN. You have me confused with another brilliant, witty, well-educated liberal.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
No, I never said I work for CNN. You have me confused with another brilliant, witty, well-educated liberal.

Well, you all sound alike. How fitting the symbol of your party is a jackass

Sorry about the confusion, Given your posts, you could easily make producer at CNN

red states rule
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
DNCTV pulled the most disgusting anti McCain ad to date

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHvJPGnkQxE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHvJPGnkQxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MSNBC Pulls Vicious McCain Cancer Ad
By Lee Boggs (Bio | Archive)
September 30, 2008 - 12:44 ET

MSNBC has pulled a vicious political commercial attacking Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain over his bouts with cancer and medical records. The network aired the 32-second commercial for two days, September 25-26, the day before and the day of the first presidential debate, according to an Associated Press article.

MSNBC stopped the ad on Friday, without specifying why, but not before it was seen by millions of viewers.

"The ad had not been thoroughly vetted prior to air, and has since been removed from our commercial rotation," NBC spokeswoman Allison Gollust said in an e-mail, but did not elaborate, according to the AP.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lee-boggs/2008/09/30/msnbc-pulls-vicious-mccain-cancer-ad

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
See what I mean about the lib media being more damaging that 9-11 and the Dem congress put together? Luckily, with talk radio and the Internet, their stranglehold has loosened a tad.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 04:03 PM
See what I mean about the lib media beiong more damaging that 9-11 and the Dem congress put together? Luckily, with talk radio and the Internet, their stranglehold has loosened a tad.

Avvey, as I posted on the other thread; if Obama wins and he has the Reid/Pelosi Congress - they will do everything they can to silence dissenting voices

The "Fairness Doctrine" will be only the beginning

OCA
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Yep, there is always an excuse, couldn't possibly be that the country disagrees with the current crop of Repubs liberalism and corruption......just can't be.

And BTW, playing the victim game like a bunch of bitches will not help the cause of Repubs or conservatism........ever.

OCA
09-30-2008, 04:41 PM
DNCTV pulled the most disgusting anti McCain ad to date

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHvJPGnkQxE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHvJPGnkQxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MSNBC Pulls Vicious McCain Cancer Ad
By Lee Boggs (Bio | Archive)
September 30, 2008 - 12:44 ET

MSNBC has pulled a vicious political commercial attacking Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain over his bouts with cancer and medical records. The network aired the 32-second commercial for two days, September 25-26, the day before and the day of the first presidential debate, according to an Associated Press article.

MSNBC stopped the ad on Friday, without specifying why, but not before it was seen by millions of viewers.

"The ad had not been thoroughly vetted prior to air, and has since been removed from our commercial rotation," NBC spokeswoman Allison Gollust said in an e-mail, but did not elaborate, according to the AP.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lee-boggs/2008/09/30/msnbc-pulls-vicious-mccain-cancer-ad

They played that ad here in Maryland and I thought it was awesome.

Why won't Johnny Lib release his medical records?

retiredman
09-30-2008, 04:43 PM
well said OCA... it is like they are already polishing their excuse for losing.

Yurt
09-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Yep, there is always an excuse, couldn't possibly be that the country disagrees with the current crop of Repubs liberalism and corruption......just can't be.

And BTW, playing the victim game like a bunch of bitches will not help the cause of Repubs or conservatism........ever.

you mean like the race card....dude, you sound more liberal every day :laugh2:

red states rule
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
This sounds like some of the idiots around here - and they know who they are

CNN’s Jack Cafferty’s Palin Derangement Syndrome Reaches New Heights
By Matthew Balan
September 30, 2008 - 18:58 ET

CNN commentator Jack Cafferty, true to his form over the past several weeks, launched another attack on Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Tuesday’s The Situation Room. During his regular "Cafferty File" segment during the 4 pm Eastern hour of the CNN program,he played a clip from the latest interview the Alaska governor did with CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric, in which she partially answered her critics’ questioning of her readiness to be vice president by repeating the list of offices that she has held over the years. After she concluded with her past position of Alaska oil and gas commissioner/regulator, the CNN veteran condescended, "A regulator of oil and gas. How can -- how can anybody, including John McCain, take this woman seriously?... When this is over they all write books. Hers will be titled, ‘How I Committed Political Suicide on the CBS Evening News.’"

When he returned at the end of the hour to read some of the viewer responses to the question, Cafferty read nothing but negative responses to the question, with one exception, and he continued his condescension after reading it. A woman named Trudy wrote, "Within three minutes, you remind me why I don't watch the opinionated news on CNN.... Your condescending attitude towards Sarah Palin is another example of the lock-step Left trying to portray a Republican as less intelligent." Caffery then replied, "Trudy, when it comes to Sarah Palin, that's not much of a reach."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2008/09/30/cnn-s-jack-cafferty-s-palin-derangement-syndrome-reaches-new-heights

retiredman
09-30-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/election_2008/electoral_count.html

a bad week for McCain in the swing states.

Thursday will be better than SNL!:laugh2:

red states rule
09-30-2008, 07:50 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/election_2008/electoral_count.html

a bad week for McCain in the swing states.

Thursday will be better than SNL!:laugh2:

34 days is a lifetime in politics. There is plenty of time for liberal arrogance to lose this election

OCA
10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
you mean like the race card....dude, you sound more liberal every day :laugh2:

Who's playing the race card? What i'm saying Yurt is instead of looking at outside sources as the cause we as Repubs need to look inside and see just what in the hell we are doing wrong that turns so many people off................but shit that would take a week, wouldn't it?

mundame
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
They played that ad here in Maryland and I thought it was awesome.

Why won't Johnny Lib release his medical records?

Because he's had two life-threatening bouts of malignant melanoma, a cancer few people survive, of course, and because he's chosen as the person to replace him if the cancer kills him a beauty pageant bimbo with the IQ of a kiwifruit.

So if people saw how bad his actual health record is, and thought about low-grade Sarah Palin replacing him, they'd be less and less and less likely to vote for him.

I don't think it matters! People are clearly figuring it out: look at the polls.

manu1959
10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/629/629/7360265.stm

interesting link ...it ties movement in the polls to events.....

some big swings in less than 30 days......

OCA
10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Because he's had two life-threatening bouts of malignant melanoma, a cancer few people survive, of course, and because he's chosen as the person to replace him if the cancer kills him a beauty pageant bimbo with the IQ of a kiwifruit.

So if people saw how bad his actual health record is, and thought about low-grade Sarah Palin replacing him, they'd be less and less and less likely to vote for him.

I don't think it matters! People are clearly figuring it out: look at the polls.

I knew that, just wanted to see if the partisans and hacks here on the right would admit to it, seems that is asking too much.

Gaffer
10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Who's playing the race card? What i'm saying Yurt is instead of looking at outside sources as the cause we as Repubs need to look inside and see just what in the hell we are doing wrong that turns so many people off................but shit that would take a week, wouldn't it?

If the media wasn't in the tank for the libs then we wouldn't have a lot of these problems. Without a media that reports the facts and investigates libs and conservatives equally we won't have anything. Much as I despise libs, I despise the media more.

jimnyc
10-01-2008, 06:20 PM
and because he's chosen as the person to replace him if the cancer kills him a beauty pageant bimbo with the IQ of a kiwifruit.

YOU have the audacity to call into question Palin's intelligence? :laugh2:

I have no idea how old you are, nor do I care, but I just always assumed I was reading posts from like a 12 year old girl. To see someone who rates at the bottom of the list in intelligence on this board alone, I find it funny that you would call into question the intelligence of a former Mayor and current Governor. Whether she's capable of holding a higher office at this point is yet to be determined but I'll guaranfuckingtee you that she's a hell of a lot more intelligent than you!