PDA

View Full Version : Obama Failed to Get CBC To Vote For Bailout

red states rule
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
So much for Obama's leadership skills. Looks like he could not have cared less if the bill passed or not

September 29, 2008
Categories: Obama

Most CBC members bailout bill

While President Bush and Sen. McCain -- not to mention House leaders -- couldn't reel in the House Republicans needed to pass the bailout, a key constituency over which Barack Obama has considerable sway also opposed the bill.

More members of the Congressional Black Caucus, whose heavily black districts include many of Obama's most ardent supporters, opposed the bill than supported it.

Few of these members are in, or will ever have, tough re-elections.

Obama, it seems, could have helped deliver some of these votes if he had been more invested in the bill.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/Most_CBC_members_bailout_bill.html

April15
09-30-2008, 04:26 PM
And bush should have had a unanimous vote too! The uniter, what a joke that man is!

red states rule
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
And bush should have had a unanimous vote too! The uniter, what a joke that man is!

Check the facts April. there was never any doubt on how Republicans were opposed

95 Dems voted NO

How many photo ops did Dems have in the last week saying the deal was done? To bad they failed to talk to Republicans to make sure they were on board

Obama was to busy running for Predient to take time to help solve what Dems called a financial meltdown and the biggest crisis since the great depression

After all, Barry has more important things to do. Like raising money, kissing babies, and feeding his ego

PostmodernProphet
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM

why?...it wasn't a conservative plan....

red states rule
09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Here is what some Dems who voted against the bailout have to say

'No regrets': House bailout rebels
Wednesday, 1 October, 2008

Despite warnings they could spark an economic catastrophe, rebel Democratic lawmakers who helped kill the Wall Street bailout bill said they had "no regrets" about their votes.

"I have no regrets about doing my job," said Maryland Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings, adding that he voted against the 700 billion dollar rescue plan because it gave no help to constituents facing mortgage foreclosures.

Cummings described seminars he holds in his district for people losing their homes.

"These people have paid taxes for years and years and they have given their blood, their sweat, their tears for this country," he said.

Oregon Democrat Peter DeFazio called on the administration of President George W. Bush to fund an alternative bailout plan using money drawn from Wall Street itself and not the taxpayer to rescue the finance industry.

"I have no regrets, that is one of the best votes of my career," he said.

Lloyd Doggett of Texas, another Democrat who defied Congressional leaders as the House dramatically voted down the bailout package on Monday, said he did not believe attempts to amend the bill would work.

"I don't think you can put a patch here and get it going again," he said.

Congress's Democratic leadership has vowed that lawmakers will not be able to leave for their election break until a package is passed to buy bad mortgage debt crippling the US financial system.

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaustralia/39no_regrets39_house_bailout_rebels_558866

April15
09-30-2008, 06:29 PM
why?...it wasn't a conservative plan....
Was it not the presidents man standing next to him pleading to have his bailout package? That looks like a conservative plan if you ask me!

red states rule
09-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Was it not the presidents man standing next to him pleading to have his bailout package? That looks like a conservative plan if you ask me!

Pres Bush original request was 3 pages long. Dems loaded it up with their usual crap

Did you read where Dems who voted against it are proud of their vote? Are you going to call them out, or do they get a pass?

stang56k
09-30-2008, 06:44 PM
What about McCain and the faking to delay the debate charades last week? He really did some good too... What a rally he had...

red states rule
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
What about McCain and the faking to delay the debate charades last week? He really did some good too... What a rallier... did he learn that in POW camp?

Far as I know the Republicans did not change their stance

With Obama, he never said publicly if was for the bill or not. He did not try to talk to Dems to get them on board - he had more important things to do. Like raising money and running for President

Maybe he tried calling them - unless the phone was busy calling people for money

Nice cheap shot on his stay in a POW camp. Is this how libs show their support the for the military. Seems to be a common thing with Sen McCain and the troops in Iraq

Yurt
09-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Pres Bush original request was 3 pages long. Dems loaded it up with their usual crap

Did you read where Dems who voted against it are proud of their vote? Are you going to call them out, or do they get a pass?

what other crap? i understood that bush wanted 700 billion....

red states rule
09-30-2008, 07:27 PM
what other crap? i understood that bush wanted 700 billion....

The first bill was 3 pages. Dems wanted money to ACORN, bailout illegals from their home loans, and Chris Dodd wanted to add credit card and auto loans to the bailout

I also have heard Dems wanted to slip in a provision to extend unemployment benefits

Yurt
09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
The first bill was 3 pages. Dems wanted money to ACORN, bailout illegals from their home loans, and Chris Dodd wanted to add credit card and auto loans to the bailout

I also have heard Dems wanted to slip in a provision to extend unemployment benefits

i see, but bush did want the 700 B didn't he? that came from his office, that proposal?

red states rule
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
i see, but bush did want the 700 B didn't he? that came from his office, that proposal?

The $700 billion (I think) was the max. A portion would be cut now, then if more was needed, it would be released at a later date

I am opposed to the bailout Yurt. the market will always correct itself. I am pointing out how the Dems are lying, and trying to pass the buck on their failure to pass it

April15
09-30-2008, 08:13 PM

Did you read where Dems who voted against it are proud of their vote? Are you going to call them out, or do they get a pass?I could go for a total financial meltdown. Then those of us who know how to work will be able to show the rest, conservatives, what it feels like.

red states rule
09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I could go for a total financial meltdown. Then those of us who know how to work will be able to show the rest, conservatives, what it feels like.

Just because you are a failure in life, is no reason to be jealous of the rest of us who work for a living

Like most libs, you are happy when people are miserable.

Yurt
09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
The $700 billion (I think) was the max. A portion would be cut now, then if more was needed, it would be released at a later date

I am opposed to the bailout Yurt. the market will always correct itself. I am pointing out how the Dems are lying, and trying to pass the buck on their failure to pass it

i understand that, the dems played politics with this and lost...unfortunately they are good liars and have convinced the public that the repubs are bad, hence why people like mfm are jumping for joy that this financial crisis has caused dem numbers to jump up...sad really

i think you and pmp have said it was not bush's proposal, rather the dems, and i thought that this started from bush and he gave it to congress to work it up, e.g., the president does not author bills, however, did he not recommend this plan or did he merely approve of it?

retiredman
09-30-2008, 09:15 PM
i understand that, the dems played politics with this and lost...unfortunately they are good liars and have convinced the public that the repubs are bad, hence why people like mfm are jumping for joy that this financial crisis has caused dem numbers to jump up...sad really

i think you and pmp have said it was not bush's proposal, rather the dems, and i thought that this started from bush and he gave it to congress to work it up, e.g., the president does not author bills, however, did he not recommend this plan or did he merely approve of it?

liar. I jump for joy at the squirming of the republicans. I have NEVER jumped for joy at the financial hardships of ordinary americans.

Bush sent Paulson to the hill to introduce this plan and to negotiate this plan...and the sitting president - and the republican presidential nominee who suspended his campaign to get this bill passed - could not convince more than one third of house republicans to vote for it.... now THAT'S what I call LEADERSHIP!:laugh2:

Kathianne
09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
liar. I jump for joy at the squirming of the republicans. I have NEVER jumped for joy at the financial hardships of ordinary americans.

Bush sent Paulson to the hill to introduce this plan and to negotiate this plan...and the sitting president - and the republican presidential nominee who suspended his campaign to get this bill passed - could not convince more than one third of house republicans to vote for it.... now THAT'S what I call LEADERSHIP!:laugh2:

Up to the bolded part you were correct, after that, not so much so. It really was a Bush/Democrat plan. Seems the Dems chose to reject it, may it ever be so, as they do have the votes to pass it.

retiredman
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Up to the bolded part you were correct, after that, not so much so.

Areyou suggesting that Paulson did NOT go to the hill to sell this bailout? Who do you think WROTE the initial three page bill????? And are you suggesting that Bush and McCain did NOT try to bring the house republicans over to support this ADMINISTRATION bill? And are you suggesting that they were NOT able to only bring one third of the house republicans over? What part of that is NOT SO MUCH SO correct???

Yurt
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM

kindly bring the rhetoric up notch and stop insulting my integrity. you want to not be called a liar, then stop calling others liars and stop being deceptive, real simple.

if you can't debate without insults, don't bother replying to me.

fact: you jumped for joy that this situation has caused hardships for republicans, you expressly said it was good or made you glad...

retiredman
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
kindly bring the rhetoric up notch and stop insulting my integrity. you want to not be called a liar, then stop calling others liars and stop being deceptive, real simple.

if you can't debate without insults, don't bother replying to me.

you are the one who has called me a liar here... I have not lied. Grow up, you whiny little boy. really.

Yurt
09-30-2008, 09:53 PM
you are the one who has called me a liar here... I have not lied. Grow up, you whiny little boy. really.

you are pathetic, you called me a liar first yesterday...i said you lied about that....get over yourself drunk ol' man....are you really going to act like you did not start this by calling me a liar yesterday? you need depends because you're so full of shattle

and you admitted you were deceptive in phone banking....no surprise that dishonestly is your trade mark

retiredman
09-30-2008, 09:55 PM
you are pathetic, you called me a liar first yesterday...i said you lied about that....get over yourself drunk ol' man....are you really going to act like you did not start this by calling me a liar yesterday? you need depends because you're so full of shattle

and you admitted you were deceptive in phone banking....no surprise that dishonestly is your trade mark

deceptive? I admitted that I called a congressman more than once. just like, no doubt, lots of folks did yesterday.

I have NEVER called you a liar when it was not justified....you, on the other hand, cannot make that same claim.

Yurt
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
deceptive? I admitted that I called a congressman more than once. just like, no doubt, lots of folks did yesterday.

I have NEVER called you a liar when it was not justified....you, on the other hand, cannot make that same claim.

:lol:

are you claiming you were not deceptive, giving false witness, in your spamming with the phone banks....go see the latest

everytime...you can't produce one lie from me, where as i have solid proof you were deceptive and are now covering your tracks...that is why you ignored that post 4 times....and see my latest, you have been pwnd....:laugh2:

you said you were glad this situation has or will cause harm to the republicans, fact....that is you jumping for joy that this situation caused harm to people in this country....period. then again, you can say i hate obama all day, but that is truth and my opinion that are jumping for joy is a lie...ho hum, typical hypocrite deceptive person....

retiredman
09-30-2008, 10:12 PM
you said you were glad this situation has or will cause harm to the republicans, fact....that is you jumping for joy that this situation caused harm to people in this country....period. then again, you can say i hate obama all day, but that is truth and my opinion that are jumping for joy is a lie...ho hum, typical hypocrite deceptive person....

I am glad to see republicans squirming. I am NOT jumping for joy at the economy misery of the American people. YOu continue to antagonistically and willfully misrepresent my statement. that is a lie on your part. be a big boy and just admit it.

red states rule
10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
I am glad to see republicans squirming. I am NOT jumping for joy at the economy misery of the American people. YOu continue to antagonistically and willfully misrepresent my statement. that is a lie on your part. be a big boy and just admit it.

Liar. You have expressed your joy over the Dow drop, and people suffering. Why not be a "man" and stand by what you post

What a sniffling coward you are

red states rule
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM

What makes me say this current bill is not Pres Bush's proposal is that when it first went to Congress it was about 3 pages long

I heard on the radio this morning it is now about 130 pages long. The host said that number depends on if the bill is typed single or double spaced

As in the past, Pres bsuh will try to work with Dems to pass something - eventhough he will be attacked and smeared by those same people he is trying to work with

Yurt
10-01-2008, 09:50 AM
What makes me say this current bill is not Pres Bush's proposal is that when it first went to Congress it was about 3 pages long

I heard on the radio this morning it is now about 130 pages long. The host said that number depends on if the bill is typed single or double spaced

As in the past, Pres bsuh will try to work with Dems to pass something - eventhough he will be attacked and smeared by those same people he is trying to work with

fair enough, but i have a problem with bush first suggesting this bill....700 BILLION...i questioned this bill from the beginning and as time progressed it became more clear that this bill is wrong...

Yurt
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM

sure, as soon as you admit you lied and misrepresent my words about hating obama you ninny :poke:

you were GLAD for the misery of the republicans, period

red states rule
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
fair enough, but i have a problem with bush first suggesting this bill....700 BILLION...i questioned this bill from the beginning and as time progressed it became more clear that this bill is wrong...

On that we agree. Government has no business trying to fix the problem they created

retiredman
10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
sure, as soon as you admit you lied and misrepresent my words about hating obama

you were GLAD for the misery of the republicans, period

I am glad that the republicans are squirming now. I am NOT glad that the American people are enduring any economic misery.

I happen to believe that you DO hate Obama. Your hatred of him seems irrational, palpable and consistent to me. That is my opinion.

now quit playing gotcha games, little boy, and let's debate issues.

Yurt
10-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I am glad that the republicans are squirming now. I am NOT glad that the American people are enduring any economic misery.

I happen to believe that you DO hate Obama. Your hatred of him seems irrational, palpable and consistent to me. That is my opinion.

now quit playing gotcha games, little boy, and let's debate issues.

so republicans are not american people

and your jumping for joy is completely consistent with your posts, behavior etc...and your words that said you are glad this will cause misery to republicans...last i checked they are americans....once again you show party over country

it is disingenuous to call your opinion truth and mine a lie...no surprise from you though

retiredman
10-01-2008, 10:34 AM

so republicans are not american people

and your jumping for joy is completely consistent with your posts, behavior etc...and your words that said you are glad this will cause misery to republicans...last i checked they are americans....once again you show party over country

it is disingenuous to call your opinion truth and mine a lie...no surprise from you though

I am glad that republicans are squirming because of their political predicament. As I have said now, repeatedly, I am NOT glad - certainly not jumping for joy - at the economic misery of ANY American. I never claimed that my opinion was TRUTH, only that it was NOT a lie... it is, after all, only my honestly held opinion. YOU can claim that my opinion is inaccurate. I can claim that your continued slandering of my patriotism is inaccurate...and, given how many times I have asked you quite nicely not to question my integrity and patriotism simply because you disagree with my ideas or my philosophy, I know that you continue to do so simply to irk me... which is despicable....but I continue to forgive you for that, because I realize you are young and brash and full of yourself and I hope and pray, for your sake, that you mature and gain wisdom with the passing years... I know that my son, who is a contemporary of yours, was brash and obnoxious like you are, but he seemed to have gotten past it already so hopefully, you won't be too far behind him in that developmental process.

Yurt
10-01-2008, 11:23 AM
so now republican aren't americans because you don't nor glad that americans should suffer and you said....you are glad the misery this will cause republicans...

so I personally will not suffer because of this mess... my parishioners will. that's the bad news. the republicans will. that's the good news.

enough, your words show the truth

retiredman
10-01-2008, 11:35 AM
so now republican aren't americans because you don't nor glad that americans should suffer and you said....you are glad the misery this will cause republicans...

enough, your words show the truth

I explained what my words meant. I expalined that I think it is good news that the republican party, as a political organization is suffering because of this... and I have repeatedly stated that I do NOT take pleasure in the economic suffering of any American. You chose to read it another way and refuse to accept the interpretation of the author. typical whiny lawyer stuff. grow up...soon... please!

red states rule
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Here is a video showing how well Obama helped poor people own homes - with his buddy Tony Rezko

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDHsHM0laT8&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDHsHM0laT8&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>