PDA

View Full Version : do you agree with everything your political party does?

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
if not, what percentage?, site examples where you disagree

Noir
09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
I certainly don't, and doubt anyone will, the only reason I would vote for a party is if it's policys were most like my views out of all the party running, to expect them to agree with everything is grossly unrealistic

Trigg
09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree with many of the republican parties positions. However.

I disagreed with the Iraq war.
I disagree with NO bans on handguns
I disagree with outright banning of abortion.

Immanuel
09-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't belong to a party any longer and I can definitely say that I don't even agree with everything my predominant "philosophy" (that being conservative) does. In fact, I actually despise some of the things my side's leaders do and say.

I supported George Bush, but I was for the War in Iraq only until we captured Saddam Hussein. I was opposed to the Patriot Act, to torturing prisoners, to Halliburton's free ride, to wire-tapping.

As a Christian conservative, I am opposed to all kinds of things said by the leaders of the Religious Right. These are people who preach forgiveness of sins; yet when it comes to abortion seem to forget that Christ died for all who sin including the woman who has an abortion or the doctor who performs one.

Immie

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Rather like others here, marteen, it is more likely for me to disagree than to agree with much of what my party does. For instance, I am a Democrat but a relatively specialized one in that I embrace DLC ideology which is to say that I generally appreciate good relationships between business and government and I support free trade. One caveat there, however, and it causes me sometimes great consternation, I don't believe in free trade unless it is fair trade all the way around. DLC has dissappointed me in that respect time and time again.

Nonetheless, I remain a fiscal conservative socially liberal Democrat and I didn't come to this place in my life overnight. I've been paying relatively close attention to politics, propensities and personal ambitions for many years.

Great question, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
1. I disagree with amnesty for illegals.
2. I disagree with the extensive loosening of environmental protections.
3. I STRONGLY disagree with the SC's latest version of what acceptable eminent domain, though I'm not sure which party to blame that on.

My Winter Storm
10-01-2008, 02:28 AM
if not, what percentage?, site examples where you disagree

I don't always agree with the party I voted for, but I agree with mostly everything they have done. I would say I agree with about 80%.

stang56k
10-01-2008, 07:19 AM
I dont have a political party...

YamiB.
10-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Technically I'm a Democrat although more often I will prefer a candidate from the Green or Libertarian parties.

-I think that some Democrats go to far on gun control.
-From what I've seen it's usually Democrats who are behind the silly legislation that restricts food available in schools.
-I don't particularly care for affirmative action.
-I don't agree with most Democrats who want civil unions, though this position is better than the Republicans.
-I disagree with some of the Democratic opposition to drilling.
-I'm opposed to hate crime legislation.

AFbombloader
10-01-2008, 05:33 PM
There was a time when I considered myself a Republican, but now I consider myself a conservative first. I have disagreed with many of the ploicies and actions of this current administration, but I have disagreed with some of the policies and actions of all administrations. I can't put a specific % on it, it varies.