PDA

View Full Version : Been to a high school dance recently?

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
I volunteered to sell some fundraisers at our daughter's Homecoming semi-formal dance last week. By the time I went home, I felt slightly ill at the things I saw. For now, if anyone here has been to a public high school dance recently, can you share what you saw there?

Trigg
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I volunteered to sell some fundraisers at our daughter's Homecoming semi-formal dance last week. By the time I went home, I felt slightly ill at the things I saw. For now, if anyone here has been to a public high school dance recently, can you share what you saw there?

Wow, since I just sent my son to his homecoming dance, do I really want to know what you saw??????????

He did say on Monday that a few kids were talking about being high at the dance. Other than that he didn't mention that anything was going on.

Noir
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I went to my formal last year, it's probably quite different from your 'dances' but I guess it's the same kinds idea, what are you askin about going on?

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, since I just sent my son to his homecoming dance, do I really want to know what you saw??????????

He did say on Monday that a few kids were talking about being high at the dance. Other than that he didn't mention that anything was going on.

I was warned by my daughter that I wouldn't like it. Boy, was she right.
It was like a bad rap video come to life. Lights out. Girls bent way over in front of guys, while the guys grind away at them. Dresses hiked up bove undies so they can bend over more easily. Guys' hands on girls' crotches. I saw three guys hauled out by police for being drunk. (Except one who was related to an administrator, of course. He was discretely removed).

The other moms and I were mortified. What I want to know- is this really the norm now, or do we just have a particularly slutty group of kids?

The ironic thing was, these very girls are dressed up in fancy and often expensive dresses, and shoes. Talk about putting lipstick on a pig. (Most of the boys dressed all in black, and looked intentionally sloppy).

Btw, we live in a nice suburban area. These kids are not living an edgy lifetstyle by a mile. But they sure want to look that way. And one more thing- I had to walk through the dance floor to sell, so I saw it all. By far, most of the kids dancing this way were the white ones, and all the drunken boys were white, too.

darin
09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
They are trying to be 'hood', Abbey. Because you're in a suburb, they want to seem 'different' (Ironic thing is, they're different - JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY THERE). They want to do what they think girls like...idiocy.

My feelings on the subject can best be expressed in a monolog by Stewie Griffin - talking to Colin Farrell:

So, uh... you got the wool cap on, huh? Yeah. Yeah, I guess, you know, whatever, it's uh... 96 degrees out, you know. Better-better put on the old wool cap. Yeah. Got a lot, uh, going on under there, huh? Under, under the wool cap? Thinkin' 'bout your sideburns? Yeah. No, no, no. You're not a complete jackass. Yeah. Oh, hey, nice T-shirt. "PHRESH". And-and it's spelled with a "PH". Oh, that's fun 'cause it's usually spelled with an "F". Yeah. Oh, and you got a little tear in your pants there-- oh, that's on purpose, though, isn't it? Yeah. Yeah, you're a bad boy. You're a bad boy. Society wants your pants to be intact. But you're not just gonna listen, are you? My God, this is ridiculous.

Noir
09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
yerp....that sounds about right to me...though I will have of noted that at my formal I was not joining in with the sluts and muts.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Was it high school, Trigg? Because in our district, middle school dances were much nicer.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
yerp....that sounds about right to me...though I will have of noted that at my formal I was not joining in with the sluts and muts.

Yay, Noir. You have class. :clap:

"Sluts and mutts"- good one!

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
They are trying to be 'hood', Abbey. Because you're in a suburb, they want to seem 'different' (Ironic thing is, they're different - JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY THERE). They want to do what they think girls like...idiocy.

My feelings on the subject can best be expressed in a monolog by Stewie Griffin - talking to Colin Farrell:

I think that is right. I guess the question is, why do the girls want to look hood or edgy more than they want to show even a modicum of class?

darin
09-30-2008, 02:58 PM
They want to show their independence from their parents' ideals perhaps? Perhaps they don't get enough lovin' from their dads?

I was a kid in HS I thought was 'classy'...a 'good guy'. I can't remember having more than one or two dates. I was a geek, I'd guess. I can think of 5 girls who found me remotely attractive. I was shy, couldn't talk to chicks - and when I did, it was something stupid. I was inarticulate. I was a christian-snob.

(shrug). It's a wonder ANYONE ever gets lucky in terms of finding a mate. :)

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 03:24 PM
forgive the language but they should call it a high school practice fucking with clothes on

:lol:

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 03:27 PM
forgive the language but they should call it a high school practice fucking with clothes on

Martin, when you're right, you're right. That is exactly what it is like.
I think most parents don't really know how bad it is, and would be horrified to see it. Especially if they have daughters.

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I graduated high school in 1968. Back then we danced the "dirty dog", the "twist" which could be very seductive, and all kinds of dances that would seem rather risque even by todays standards. My crowd and I often consumed alcohol and worse and many of us experienced sex at very young ages IMHO. But, I've come to realize that my generation was not that much different from the WWII generation, the Depression generation, the roaring 20's, etc. It's called coming of age otherwise known as high school.

Don't take yourself and your own experience too seriously, abby. It ain't a healthy thing for you.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

darin
09-30-2008, 03:30 PM
b-b-but Sex is NEVER bad, right??? I mean...there's nothing NEGATIVE about our sexuality right?? Homosexuality isn't about SEX - it's about attraction and LOVE! RAPE isn't about sex either - it's about "Control" right???RIGHT???? The MORE INFORMATION and education our kids have about SEX the more they'll be able to make PROPER CHOICES!! RIGHT?????????RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

No. Not Right.

Left. Far Left. It's the very reason we can rant and moan and call for firings when a lady shows part of her boob for 1/2 second during the superbowl...I mean...think of the CHILDREN WATCHING!!...yet, those same kids sit thru multiple 30 second commercials about Erectile Dysfunction and nobody bats an eye. The human race is the single best argument against Macro evolution. We, as a race, are getting WORSE over time.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I graduated high school in 1968. Back then we danced the "dirty dog", the "twist" which could be very seductive, and all kinds of dances that would seem rather risque even by todays standards. My crowd and I often consumed alcohol and worse and many of us experienced sex at very young ages IMHO. But, I've come to realize that my generation was not that much different from the WWII generation, the Depression generation, the roaring 20's, etc. It's called coming of age otherwise known as high school.

Don't take yourself and your own experience too seriously, abby. It ain't a healthy thing for you.

Psycho, trust me when I tell you that all of those old dances you mentioned are nothing like this. Martin has a real understanding of what they are like.

And though I suppose you mean well, until you have a teenaged daughter going to dances today, you really have no standing to tell me I am taking it too seriously. Unforutnately, it's not my health that is at risk here.

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 03:48 PM
abby, you don't pay attention well, do you? I may be an old man now but I am still quite out and about and I am a musician that relates well throughout the spectrum of listeners and dancers from high school kids to old folks homes. There are not many of us that can do that but I am one that can and does.

Psycho, trust me when I tell you that all of those old dances you mentioned are nothing like this. Martin has a real understanding of what they are like.

And though I suppose you mean well, until you have a teenaged daughter going to dances today, you really have no standing to tell me I am taking it too seriously. Unforutnately, it's not my health that is at risk here.

I'm sorry you took that remark about taking yourself so seriously, well, so seriously?!?!?!?!??!??! See what I mean? You misunderstood the intent and thought I was talking about something entirely different than what I meant!!!!!!!! Taking yourself that seriously is not healthy for you, your daughter or this conversation. But, nothing happens in a vacuum. Perhaps we can continue this conversation from a more adult premise if you choose.

One additional thought for you abby, I have raised a teenage daughter and several teenage nieces and now I'm very close to my grand daughter. It is horrifying sometimes if you get my drift?!????!?!???!?!?!?!

Abbey Marie
09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Psycho, I have no idea what you are talking about, but for the sake of the thread staying on course:

"You are right, and thank you". :) :beer:

Now, here's something for you!

http://baseball-fever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40483&d=1208729291

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 04:00 PM
It's not that you don't have any idea, abby, it's that you don't want to hear any answers to your own question that are much different than your own preconceived ideas as to what those answers might be. Your implication that I in any way attempted to derail the thread is simply not fair and delivered poorly. I think I have remained, until now, exactly on topic.

Psycho, I have no idea what you are talking about, but for the sake of the thread staying on course:

"You are right, and thank you". :) :beer:

Now, here's something for you!

http://baseball-fever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40483&d=1208729291

Sorry for the confusion, abby!!!!!!! And thanks for the Busch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trinity
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM

I have not been to any of the high school dances yet I still have a couple of more years before those hit, however I have been to the middle school dances and I know exactly what you are talking about, and yes they are doing it in the middle school as well.

But hold on, sit down, if you think that is bad wait until they hit the wonderful age of 18 and are allowed into the 18 and up night clubs. I frequent many of them and the dance boxes are always full with 18 and 19 year olds dancing in short mini skirts and thongs for all to see. Kinda scary!

09-30-2008, 05:31 PM
havent been to a high school dance since high school. but that doesnt surprise me.

April15
09-30-2008, 06:35 PM
havent been to a high school dance since high school. but that doesnt surprise me.Me either!

AFbombloader
09-30-2008, 07:04 PM
My son went to the same homecoming dance as Triggs. And the report I got from my wife and him was that the same kinda dancing and carrying on happened there as the dance you are talking about. I didn't hear about the being high thing but that doesn't surprise me. I had to go to that high school when I was a recruiter, it is the ssame as all the other high schools I went to, and probably the same as the majority of schools in the country.

AF:salute:

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Was anything untoward going on there?

My son went to the same homecoming dance as Triggs. And the report I got from my wife and him was that the same kinda dancing and carrying on happened there as the dance you are talking about. I didn't hear about the being high thing but that doesn't surprise me. I had to go to that high school when I was a recruiter, it is the ssame as all the other high schools I went to, and probably the same as the majority of schools in the country.

God forbid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
09-30-2008, 08:37 PM

To demonstrate that nothing is new, my brother, now deputy chief of police in the city we grew up in, not so fondly remembers a homecoming many years ago, (We're both in our early 50's). Being the jock/preppie/hard ass he was, he and his friends had agreed to 'rumble' with a Chicago group of hard asses. The suburban boys were going to go at it with fists. Luckily the police caught wind of it, through the police liaison with the school, (yes, it was THAT progressive of a suburban district in the 70's), and they stepped in.)

All wannabe participants were stopped and told to make a choice: drop the challenge or deal with the repercussions of police alert. Guess what was chosen? :laugh2:

Abbey, keep in mind that what kids display as acceptable in 11th or 12th grade, is not necessarily indicative of their real morals. They are pushing the limits, looking to be reined in, but not too far. In another year or two, they know they'll be on the bottom again in college.

AFbombloader
09-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Was anything untoward going on there?

God forbid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the "dirty dancing" and such. I never saw anything untoward when I was at the school' as a recruiter. We all went to high school, we all know what goes on there. I am happy my son, and Triggs, didn't participate in any of the "activities" mentioned. They are both good young men.

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Hell, afbl, I was a "good young man". But I dry fucked a bunch of young girls at that time in my life!!!!!!!!!

Just the "dirty dancing" and such. I never saw anything untoward when I was at the school' as a recruiter. We all went to high school, we all know what goes on there. I am happy my son, and Triggs, didn't participate in any of the "activities" mentioned. They are both good young men.

Not to be disrespectful in this particular forum but marteen already opened that door!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
youre not the derailing type mate :coffee:

hands you a slice of pizza

It's not that you don't have any idea, abby, it's that you don't want to hear any answers to your own question that are much different than your own preconceived ideas as to what those answers might be. Your implication that I in any way attempted to derail the thread is simply not fair and delivered poorly. I think I have remained, until now, exactly on topic.

Sorry for the confusion, abby!!!!!!! And thanks for the Busch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
hahahaha, i wanted to, so dont feel bad :laugh2:

Hell, afbl, I was a "good young man". But I dry fucked a bunch of young girls at that time in my life!!!!!!!!!

Not to be disrespectful in this particular forum but marteen already opened that door!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
i opend a door, must have a hot chick near by :coffee:

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
It's called puppy love, marteen. Nothing but hormones, loving desire, sweet smells and an extraordinarily hard dick.

i opened a door, must have a hot chick near by :coffee:

Hot ain't the word that I would have used at the time. Need or humanity are more like it.

AFbombloader
09-30-2008, 09:26 PM

(Hands over ears) LALALALA, CAN'T HEAR YOU TALKING ABOUT MY SON, LALALALA.:laugh2:

I was a good young man too, I am hoping my son is a better young man than I was !:cheers2:

Beef Bulgogi and an OB for you!

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I raised a couple myself, afbl!!!!!!!! Don't get your hopes up too high!!!!!!!!!!

(Hands over ears) LALALALA, CAN'T HEAR YOU TALKING ABOUT MY SON, LALALALA.:laugh2:

I was a good young man too, I am hoping my son is a better young man than I was !:cheers2:

Beef Bulgogi and an OB for you!

God, I'd give a wad of cash right now for a good mess of Bulgogi, kimchee, rice and even some snails and fish heads!!!!!!!!!!! In 1970 we really ate good at Suwon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the OB and the beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFbombloader
09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I raised a couple myself, afbl!!!!!!!! Don't get your hopes up too high!!!!!!!!!!

God, I'd give a wad of cash right now for a good mess of Bulgogi, kimchee, rice and even some snails and fish heads!!!!!!!!!!! In 1970 we really ate good at Suwon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the OB and the beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't help but have high hopes for my kids, you have to. Tempered with a dose of realism.

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
That's an everyman statement if I ever saw one!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't help but have high hopes for my kids, you have to. Tempered with a dose of realism.

Save a little cash, afbl. You'll be wishing you had it in a year or two.

emmett
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM

I'm sorry Abster! I just had to. Kids are still kids lady. Today's Nintendo educated generation are no exception! Let's see.....I bet you saw.....hmmm......Tattoos, heard cussing, nasty dancing, saw revealing clothing (that made you wonder if mom even still lived at home), saw drinking, wild lude behavior and maybe even came across some of the kids smoking pot......right?

It probably made someone like yourself just gaze and wonder at times how in creation these kids are ever gonna function in a society that is ever more demanding as it is today. To think that it would be necessary for them to be a functional part of society in only a few years probably gave you goose bumps and a new ever more appreciation for the hair on the back of your neck too!

Wait til they get to college!

Guess what! Me too!

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Ain't that pretty much what I just said, emmie?

[QUOTE=emmett;303148]:lol:

The truth is just unacceptable by some. And the facts just destroy them!!!!!!!!

Can I get you a refreshment, my friend?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Trigg
10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Was it high school, Trigg? Because in our district, middle school dances were much nicer.

Yes, high school, he's a sophomore this year.

I'm shocked by your description. My son didn't mention anything like that going on and I"m sure he would have, although he can be kind of oblivious so maybe he missed it. I know quite a few of the other kids parents and no one mentioned anything.

Obviously I need to have a talk with Afbombloaders wife so she can fill me in on what her son saw.

gabosaurus
10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Not many kids went to dances when I was in high school. They were pretty tightly monitored. Kids and their parents had to sign an agreement that the dances were a school sponsored activity and that any misbehavior would be dealt with as such.
My sister, who lives in East Los Angeles, helped chaperon a few high school dances over there and said things were quite different. The couples did just about everything short of actual penetration. My sister was told "that is just how kids dance these days."
I think it is both a cultural thing and a difference in how the events are monitored.

midcan5
10-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Did you speak up? Did you tell them the behavior was inappropriate? My wife chaperons dances and that would simply not happen, she would not tolerate it. But then again she teaches in private school, none of the parents would like it either. Most people are afraid to speak up or think the kid's behavior is cool. My wife is like a drill sergeant she maintains order with teenagers which amazes other people. They do not talk back and are clearly told not to. Funny when you see it in action but consistency works. If the moderators accepted obscene behavior then it is their fault.

Silver
10-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Mid..you are truly clueless to the very sad state of our youth ...and our country in general or why things are as the are....to label you naive doesn't describe your lack of awareness at all...

gabosaurus
10-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Did you speak up? Did you tell them the behavior was inappropriate? My wife chaperons dances and that would simply not happen, she would not tolerate it. But then again she teaches in private school, none of the parents would like it either. Most people are afraid to speak up or think the kid's behavior is cool. My wife is like a drill sergeant she maintains order with teenagers which amazes other people. They do not talk back and are clearly told not to. Funny when you see it in action but consistency works. If the moderators accepted obscene behavior then it is their fault.

What works in a room of 30 kids might not work in a room with 300 kids. And clearly she is backed up by several more parents. It takes more than one "drill sergeant" to maintain order.

Abbey Marie
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
What works in a room of 30 kids might not work in a room with 300 kids. And clearly she is backed up by several more parents. It takes more than one "drill sergeant" to maintain order.

Ticket sales for this dance were well over 600.

AFbombloader
10-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Yes, high school, he's a sophomore this year.

I'm shocked by your description. My son didn't mention anything like that going on and I"m sure he would have, although he can be kind of oblivious so maybe he missed it. I know quite a few of the other kids parents and no one mentioned anything.

Obviously I need to have a talk with Afbombloaders wife so she can fill me in on what her son saw.

I don't think anyting abnormal happened at the dance, Trigg. Just the normal stuff that happens at all the dances around the country. My point was our high school is the same as all the other high schools. I didn't hear about drugs, or fighting, or anything negative. Maybe I will talk to Jake and see if I was mistaken, that wouldn't be the first time! Especially trying to catch up from thousansd of miles and a 13 hour time difference, I may be completely misstaken.

midcan5
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
If I understand the logic lots of people mean no control? Hmm, don't buy it. The dances are 125 or more, so add a few more parents.

Psychoblues
10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Now, that's a thought, mc5.

If I understand the logic lots of people mean no control? Hmm, don't buy it. The dances are 125 or more, so add a few more parents.

Maybe if some of these chickenshit moderator/chaperones would speak up then the scene would be much different from what is being described. But, bitching on the DP board beats nothing, I guess?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

R.Beasley
11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Mid..you are truly clueless to the very sad state of our youth ...and our country in general or why things are as the are....to label you naive doesn't describe your lack of awareness at all...

For the past 50 years we have experienced a severe decline in our nation's morality. We took GOD out of our schools, homes, and communities. Now many wonder wonder what happened? All of our societal problems are the direct result of our immoralities. Improve our nation's morality and our nation will be improved.

Abbey Marie
11-02-2008, 09:42 AM
For the past 50 years we have experienced a severe decline in our nation's morality. We took GOD out of our schools, homes, and communities. Now many wonder wonder what happened? All of our societal problems are the direct result of our immoralities. Improve our nation's morality and our nation will be improved.

Yup.

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Nope, you have to change the nature of humanity to solve our societal problems. They are the same problems that were there 200 years ago, 2000 years ago, forever.

Religion never stopped rape, murder, stealing, lieing, greed. It condemned it but didn't stop it.

Noir
11-02-2008, 10:54 AM

And how would you propose this happens? Got a magic wand to inject morality back into the lives of the young?

R.Beasley
11-02-2008, 06:43 PM
And how would you propose this happens? Got a magic wand to inject morality back into the lives of the young?

We have replaced GOD and morality with the internet, Ipods, etc. and we lack parenting skills necessary to raise good moral children. We leave our children at home to entertain themselves with violent games and internet perversion.We are reaping what we have sown for the last 40 years or so.

manu1959
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM

we teach it in our schools.....

Noir
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM

In my school we have 35 min of citizenship and 70 min of religious studies a week for our school life, both are heavly centered on christain morality, would the answer be more time or what?

manu1959
11-02-2008, 06:57 PM
In my school we have 35 min of citizenship and 70 min of religious studies a week for our school life, both are heavly centered on christain morality, would the answer be more time or what?

that typeof education would not happen in america...

at the end of the day it is about discipline......we tollerate bad behaviour so we get bad behaviour

Kathianne
11-02-2008, 07:03 PM

So do we. Sometimes I'm amazed at how they pick up the lessons. Sometimes appalled at how they fail. But they are still teachable and basically good kids.

I got to interject here, a week ago Friday was our 'Fall Ball', now mind you it's jr. high, not high school. These kids have been in single grade classrooms since ps3. They know each other, even 6 and 8th graders. They are more like siblings, very little personal action to be found.

I've said the 8th grade teacher is a twit, he really is. He also insists on 'matching up' the kids for dances. He gets his jollies putting a 6' girl with a 4'8" boy. All were polite. Even the most difficult 6th grade girl with the 'nerdy' 6th grade boy, tried being her version of polite. Willing to dance, just not put her hands on him, but once I made her and whispered that this would happen time and again at weddings, she was nice.

Funny thing, the boys in all grades, en masse wanted to dance with myself and the 6th grade teacher. Of course we went along. Hilarity ensued.

High school, especially the large ones are a different kettle of fish. Yet, I'd hope they had some well liked teachers added to the chaperone list. It can go a long way.

Noir
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
We have replaced GOD and morality with the internet, Ipods, etc. and we lack parenting skills necessary to raise good moral children. We leave our children at home to entertain themselves with violent games and internet perversion.We are reaping what we have sown for the last 40 years or so.

So we need to remove the internet and iPods (ergo music?)

Also I was amount the first proper computer generation, violent video games only really came into being with the PS1 (about 1997) and widesprad broadband is of a similar age, heclnce you could only blame them for about 10 years, not 40.

I think the real change has come from somthing you cam not control, masses are becoming increasingly educated, and throghthis we are less God fearing. Now I would not for a second suggest that only the dumb are god fearng, as this site alone proves. However, they're not so much god fearing as God seeking, I'm finding it rather awkward to put that into words, if it's not clear I will try and re-phrase.

Noir
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
that typeof education would not happen in america...

at the end of the day it is about discipline......we tollerate bad behaviour so we get bad behaviour

inwhich case it wouldn't matter, we get taught morality in schools for 14 years and are just as bad as y'all, impling there is no corrolation between being taught morality and BEng a moral citizen.

Abbey Marie
11-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Nope, you have to change the nature of humanity to solve our societal problems. They are the same problems that were there 200 years ago, 2000 years ago, forever.

Religion never stopped rape, murder, stealing, lieing, greed. It condemned it but didn't stop it.

And how many more of these and other soul-less actions would there be if there were no religious standards?

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
More if there were no standards, they would be no societies without them. Standards don't have to be religious tho.

11-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Parents take responsibility for their actions and teach their children truth.

11-02-2008, 08:26 PM
So we need to remove the internet and iPods (ergo music?)

Also I was amount the first proper computer generation, violent video games only really came into being with the PS1 (about 1997) and widesprad broadband is of a similar age, heclnce you could only blame them for about 10 years, not 40.

I think the real change has come from somthing you cam not control, masses are becoming increasingly educated, and throghthis we are less God fearing. Now I would not for a second suggest that only the dumb are god fearng, as this site alone proves. However, they're not so much god fearing as God seeking, I'm finding it rather awkward to put that into words, if it's not clear I will try and re-phrase.

you don't have to control them. Teach hem good principles and they will govern themselves.

Kathianne
11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm confused. Are you all saying the high school kids are without morals or sign posts? Are you blaming the schools?

Noir
11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
you don't have to control them. Teach hem good principles and they will govern themselves.

I don't really think there is much power behind the perents, it's the young 'uns choice, I'm sure most perents try to teach there children to be good and have respect, does anyone know a perent who says they aren't trying to raise their kids well?

manu1959
11-02-2008, 09:09 PM
More if there were no standards, they would be no societies without them. Standards don't have to be religious tho.

funny thing....as society continues to demonize religion the worse it gets.......

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't know, I think we're doing quite a bit better than those ancient romans and greeks.

Abbey Marie
11-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't really think there is much power behind the perents, it's the young 'uns choice, I'm sure most perents try to teach there children to be good and have respect, does anyone know a perent who says they aren't trying to raise their kids well?

What they say doesn't mean much. But I've seen plenty of parents who do very little to set a good example, and who cannot be bothered showing much interest in their child's school work or leisure activities.

manu1959
11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't know, I think we're doing quite a bit better than those ancient romans and greeks.

really.....how many centuries did their civilizations last....see any parallels in their downfall and ours.....

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Rome got more religious before it's fall.

manu1959
11-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Rome got more religious before it's fall.

it changed religions...

11-02-2008, 11:12 PM
it changed religions...

So has ours if you think about it.

manu1959
11-02-2008, 11:51 PM
So has ours if you think about it.

that is why i said it.....

Psychoblues
11-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Back to the original subject. The kids are dry fuckin'. That's it!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is what abby, the originator of this thread, is concerned about and I think her concern is misquided at best. Kids approaching the age of beyond adolesence and the end of puberty have been doing this for as long as there has been a recorded history. It is quite natural, quite common and nothing for anyone to put them in jail for. To be honest, when I see the kids dry fuckin' I see the perpetuation of mankind. Ain't life a WONDERFUL thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a reason not to celebrate the inclinations of man(and woman)kind to propagate and multiply?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Religious implications aside, just what is wrong or illegal with self propagation?

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Back to the original subject. The kids are dry fuckin'. That's it!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is what abby, the originator of this thread, is concerned about and I think her concern is misquided at best. Kids approaching the age of beyond adolesence and the end of puberty have been doing this for as long as there has been a recorded history. It is quite natural, quite common and nothing for anyone to put them in jail for. To be honest, when I see the kids dry fuckin' I see the perpetuation of mankind. Ain't life a WONDERFUL thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a reason not to celebrate the inclinations of man(and woman)kind to propagate and multiply?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Religious implications aside, just what is wrong or illegal with self propagation?

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::laugh2:

Ok, Psycho is FOR dry-humping.

Got it.

This has to be the best post ever! :laugh2:

Psychoblues
11-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Ain't that just like you, abby?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, Psycho is FOR dry-humping.
Got it.
This has to be the best post ever! :laugh2:

You post a thread asking a question and looking for information. You reject anything human or respectful of the question and further indicate a propensity to lie and obfuscate and demean anything that you simply don't want to hear about.

I never said that I was "FOR dry-humping", did I, abby? No, I did not say that. You did. Just for clarification purposes, however, I did say that I understand it happens and further admit to having been guilty of such in my much younger days. If you can't stand to see the kids growing up and getting on with their lives I suggest that you stay away from them. I certainly cannot speak for what you did as a young teenager but I can damned sure speak for what I did and what I see as pretty much the same thing in the youth population of today.

Do you want an honest conversation or did you just start this one to whine about personal rejection in your younger years?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Ain't that just like you, abby?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You post a thread asking a question and looking for information. You reject anything human or respectful of the question and further indicate a propensity to lie and obfuscate and demean anything that you simply don't want to hear about.

I never said that I was "FOR dry-humping", did I, abby? No, I did not say that. You did. Just for clarification purposes, however, I did say that I understand it happens and further admit to having been guilty of such in my much younger days. If you can't stand to see the kids growing up and getting on with their lives I suggest that you stay away from them. I certainly cannot speak for what you did as a young teenager but I can damned sure speak for what I did and what I see as pretty much the same thing in the youth population of today.

Do you want an honest conversation or did you just start this one to whine about personal rejection in your younger years?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

To whom it may concern:
Despite his protestations to the contrary, here is Psycho's quote showing just how much in favor of dry humping he is:

To be honest, when I see the kids dry fuckin' I see the perpetuation of mankind. Ain't life a WONDERFUL thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho, your total confusion and subsequent denial here is tiresome. And I think I have already posted more than enough on such a ludicrous and base subject. Time to move on.

Psychoblues
11-09-2008, 03:16 PM
You are such a silly one, abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho, your total confusion and subsequent denial here is tiresome. And I think I have already posted more than enough on such a ludicrous and base subject. Time to move on.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Yurt
11-09-2008, 06:11 PM
You are such a silly one, abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another nonsensical post by the master

come on psydeshow, your intellect is better

Psychoblues
11-10-2008, 12:34 AM
What's your problem, girlie-man?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!???!!??!

another nonsensical post by the master

come on psydeshow, your intellect is better

You bored to death or just wanting to masturbate on your keyboard some more?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Is there something about this thread that you found exciting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

I Just Want To Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
11-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Thread closed.