PDA

View Full Version : Republican presidential candidates

jimnyc
03-16-2007, 02:30 PM
The front runners for the Republican nomination are listed. Vote for who you think will be the Presidential candidate.

Dilloduck
03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
The front runners for the Republican nomination are listed. Vote for who you think will be the Presidential candidate.

I have no idea on this one----I think it's still possible for someone else to come out of the pack. Way too early to be showing your hand but money---they gottta have money !!

jimnyc
03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I have no idea on this one----I think it's still possible for someone else to come out of the pack. Way too early to be showing your hand but money---they gottta have money !!

I think Giuliani wins this one. He has a few skeletons, but he's an honest and open man about things in his life. I think he appeals a lot to both sides, which will be the deciding factor against the other candidates. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Tancredo get the nod but that's very doubtful, and I also like Fred thompson, but I don't even know if he's officially running or not.

03-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I think Romney will. He has good leadership abilities and less skeletons then Rudy to deal with. He has the funds. and I think the more name recognition he gets the more of a showing he will make in the polls.

03-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I think what I really like about the Republican side, is I could be happy with most of the candidates to some degree.

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Jeb Bush will get it, but he ain't in, yet.

Hobbit
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
With how many people are campaigning so hard right now, I'm thinking voters will be so sick of the frontrunners by the time of the primaries that it'll end up being Joe Biden and Tom Tancredo (I accidentally voted Guiliani. I think he has a good chance of winning, but I think it's too early to tell).

stephanie
03-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Not to hijack your thread Jimmy, but I hear Fred Thompson is Maybe thinking about running...

What's your alls thoughts there??

If I am hijacking let me know and remove this and I'll try somewhere else sometime..

Hobbit
03-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Not to hijack your thread Jimmy, but I hear Fred Thompson is Maybe thinking about running...

If I am hijacking let me know and remove this and I'll try somewhere else sometime..

This seems the appropriate place. If Fred Thompson runs, I think he's very electable. He's charismatic. He's a Reaganite. He's also a recognizable TV personality. I'd definitely vote for him.

stephanie
03-17-2007, 03:00 AM
This seems the appropriate place. If Fred Thompson runs, I think he's very electable. He's charismatic. He's a Reaganite. He's also a recognizable TV personality. I'd definitely vote for him.

I like him too.

5stringJeff
03-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Newt will enter the race in the fall, after Giulani, McCain, and Romney skirmish over the summer. Newt will enter as the only candidate will solidly conservative credentials, and will campaign to 'save the party from the big-gov't GOP,' which Ciulani and McCain belong to. He'll win the nomination.

krisy
03-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I like Fred Thompson too. I just saw this past week that he is considering running.

jimnyc
03-17-2007, 07:41 PM

Yeah, I actually mentioned that in one of my replies in this thread. Did he announce if he is running yet or not? I like him for real, as well as on Law & Order! :) I'd still take Giuliani over him, but I'm a bit biased being from NY.

stephanie
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I actually mentioned that in one of my replies in this thread. Did he announce if he is running yet or not? I like him for real, as well as on Law & Order! :) I'd still take Giuliani over him, but I'm a bit biased being from NY.

I don't think he's announced anything yet.
But I would probably have to go with Thompson over Giuliani..

Really haven't made up my mind at all..But I'm actually getting kinda sick of all this campaigning already...Too early for me.:dunno:

Hugh Lincoln
03-18-2007, 11:01 AM
My expectations are so low, my great hope is that Tancredo forces immigration to be a campaign issue. But the establishment GOP and the press have the power to crush this, and they probably will.

loosecannon
03-21-2007, 11:46 PM
So far there are no GOP candidates.

The only one who could actually win is Hagel, but he won't announce till next year.

The GOP will lose anyway unless Hagel runs and everything goes perfectly for the party of Evil.

Romney, Mclan, Jewelryanni, clowns. Not a candidate in the bunch.

Lucky for GOPeters the dems aren't packin heat either. YET!

stephanie
03-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I thought the Dems. had their heat out there???

Shrillary

Hussain Obama

The Breck girl...

:laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-21-2007, 11:55 PM

Actually, so far, there are three GOP candidates: Romney, McCain, and Giulani. Newt Gingrich will be joining the race in the fall, however, and will be the eventual nominee.

Hah! Dems hate guns!

03-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I thought the Dems. had their heat out there???

Shrillary

Hussain Obama

The Breck girl...

:laugh2:

From what I hear the Breck girl may be no more.

03-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Actually, so far, there are three GOP candidates: Romney, McCain, and Giulani. Newt Gingrich will be joining the race in the fall, however, and will be the eventual nominee.

Hah! Dems hate guns!

Well really there are more than that. Thing is other than McCain, Hagel, or Paul I could be happy with most of them.

stephanie
03-22-2007, 12:03 AM
From what I hear the Breck girl may be no more.

Dang, how will the circus function with one less clown...:coffee:

Gaffer
03-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Dang, how will the circus function with one less clown...:coffee:

It just frees up more moonbats for the others to divide among themselves.

GW in Ohio
03-30-2007, 12:25 PM
McCain won't win. Too old....too tied to the Bush Iraq fiasco.

Romney is too annoyingly wholesome....and too Mormon.

If Gingrich gets the nomination, all that stuff about his getting blowjobs at work and dumping his wife while she was in the hospital with cancer (contrast that with John Edwards) will come out. Newt also has a tendency to say really dumb things when he's in the spotlight. If he is the nominee, he will self destruct.

Tancredo? Brownback? :lol: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh2: :lol: Yeah, right......

Giuliani is the best hope for the GOPers. Right now, some of the media outlets are trying to do a hatchet job on him. But Rudy's pretty slick; that's one of the things I like about him.

03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
McCain won't win. Too old....too tied to the Bush Iraq fiasco.

Romney is too annoyingly wholesome....and too Mormon.

If Gingrich gets the nomination, all that stuff about his getting blowjobs at work and dumping his wife while she was in the hospital with cancer (contrast that with John Edwards) will come out. Newt also has a tendency to say really dumb things when he's in the spotlight. If he is the nominee, he will self destruct.

Tancredo? Brownback? :lol: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh2: :lol: Yeah, right......

Giuliani is the best hope for the GOPers. Right now, some of the media outlets are trying to do a hatchet job on him. But Rudy's pretty slick; that's one of the things I like about him.

You're analysis makes absolutely no sense. Why would McCain be distained for his attachment to Bush when Guiliani is even attached moreso? Guilani supported Bush in his measures even more than McCain does in alot of areas. Yet Guilani is currently the front runner. This of course means that the fact that McCain is a strong supporter of the Presidents can't be the reason he is losing support since Guilani is supports the President as strong if not stronger than McCain.

Romney is annoying? Most people dont know who the heck he is, how can he possibly be annoying them?

As for Tancredo and Brownback, i wouldnt count them out either.

And Newt, he definite has some obstacles to overcome, but everyone does.

Regardless, the Republican candidates look far more qualified than the Democrats.

grunt
03-30-2007, 03:18 PM

The only one who could actually win is Hagel, but he won't announce till next year.

The GOP will lose anyway unless Hagel runs and everything goes perfectly for the party of Evil.

Romney, Mclan, Jewelryanni, clowns. Not a candidate in the bunch.

I really hope Hagel runs.

GW in Ohio
03-30-2007, 03:18 PM
You're analysis makes absolutely no sense. Why would McCain be distained for his attachment to Bush when Guiliani is even attached moreso? Guilani supported Bush in his measures even more than McCain does in alot of areas. Yet Guilani is currently the front runner. This of course means that the fact that McCain is a strong supporter of the Presidents can't be the reason he is losing support since Guilani is supports the President as strong if not stronger than McCain.

Romney is annoying? Most people dont know who the heck he is, how can he possibly be annoying them?

As for Tancredo and Brownback, i wouldnt count them out either.

And Newt, he definite has some obstacles to overcome, but everyone does.

Regardless, the Republican candidates look far more qualified than the Democrats.

Oh, Jesus....

It's difficult dealing with people who see everything through GOP spectacles.

McCain supports the Bush troop surge in Iraq.
Translation: He's fucked, politically. (Some of you actually aren't aware of this, but the American public turned its collective back on the Iraq fiasco some time ago. It doesn't matter what happens there now, good or bad. The American public's reaction is: "Just get out.")

Rudy Giuliani never voted to support the war; he's not tied to Bush.

I really don't know how I can say it any clearer than that.

03-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh, Jesus....

Translation: He's fucked, politically. (Some of you actually aren't aware of this, but the American public turned its collective back on the Iraq fiasco some time ago. It doesn't matter what happens there now, good or bad. The American public's reaction is: "Just get out.")

Uh Giuliani supports the surge as well.

Anyone who thinks does. Whats your point?

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Uh Giuliani supports the surge as well.

Anyone who thinks does. Whats your point?

Correct, he wasn't as vocal as McCain, but as strong and still is. I don't think that for either of them, it's a bad thing:

http://www.jstandard.com/articles/2473/1/Giuliani:-Iraq-pullout-would-be-%91terrible-mistake%92

TEANECK – Setting a timetable for leaving Iraq makes no sense, said presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani during dinner at Noah’s Ark restaurant Tuesday.

The former New York mayor walked through the kosher deli’s dining room, shaking hands and signing autographs with diners who had made reservations for the time of his visit. Sitting down to a hot dog and a corned beef sandwich, he turned his attention to the Yankees between bites and posing for pictures. His conversation with other diners quickly turned to Israel, which he called "one of our most reliable friends in the world."

Regarding the Palestinians, he said the objective must be to get them to acknowledge Israel’s right to exist and to abandon terrorism.

"Israel’s been ready for peace for a long time," he said, but forcing a peace before the Palestinians meet the above objectives would not work.

The presidential hopeful focused his attention on a forceful policy in Iraq, which, he said, does not exist in a vacuum. "[You have to] look at Iraq as how it is going to affect Iran," he said. "What would it do to Iran if we show great weakness in Iraq?"

Iran would only be emboldened by a timetable for an Iraqi pullout, which it would see as weakness in the U.S. position. "The idea of giving an enemy a timetable for retreat makes no sense to me" and would be "a terrible mistake," he said.

Giuliani supported the president in going to war in Iraq but has been critical of the administration’s strategies. The United States should focus its energies on supporting its troops in Iraq, Giuliani said.

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh, Jesus....

I think you mean because he wasn't in Congress he isn't tied to a vote, that's true, but as my previous post illustrates, he does support the war, if not the previous stratgies.

Gaffer
03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh, Jesus....

You live in a different world than the rest of us I see. The mojority of Americans say no such thing. Only silly liberals who want to sell out this country say "just get out". Maybe bin laden will run for president and you can vote for someone more to your liking then.

Yurt
03-30-2007, 07:29 PM
GW in Ohio;32801]Oh, Jesus....

Does saying that make you feel better? Does it make you feel like using God's name like that makes your point stronger? I guess you really do need Jesus.

REDWHITEBLUE2
04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I would love to see a Thompson/Gingrich ticket

stephanie
04-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I would love to see a Thompson/Gingrich ticket

I REALLY really like Fred Thompson..
Not sure on the Gingrich ticket..

What about Thompson/Bolton?

:cool: