PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Tries To Explain Palin's Putin Comment

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Most intelligent people already knew this.

Source: AP

Campaign tries to explain Palin's Putin comment
By MARTHA MENDOZA – 23 minutes ago

Gov. Sarah Palin cites vigilance against Russian warplanes coming into U.S. airspace over Alaska as one of her foreign policy credentials. But the U.S. military command in charge says that hasn't happened in her 21 months in office.

"When you consider even national security issues with Russia, as (Prime Minister Vladimir) Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where — where do they go? It's Alaska," the Republican vice presidential nominee said in an interview last week with CBS News' Katie Couric.

The spokeswoman for the McCain-Palin campaign, Maria Comella, clarified in an e-mail to The Associated Press that when "Russian incursions near Alaskan airspace and inside the air defense identification zone have occurred ... U.S. Air Force fighters have been scrambled repeatedly."

The air defense identification zone, almost completely over water, extends 12-mile past the perimeter of the United States. Most nations have similar areas.

However, no Russian military planes have been flying even into that zone, said Maj. Allen Herritage, a spokesman for the Alaska region of the North American Aerospace Defense Command, at Elmendorf Air Force Base............

More: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iAcsX7Yhs3ti5f5TRL92779QzvlQD93H9VNG0

And it is further verified with this comment from NORAD!!!!!!!!!!

NORAD: Sarah Palin Has No Role In Guarding U.S. Airspace Despite Claims In Katie Couric Interview

BY JAMES GORDON MEEK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 5:21 PM

WASHINGTON - When Russian bombers approach American airspace and U.S. Air Force fighters are scrambled, Sarah Palin's phone doesn't ring.

The Alaska governor has no command authority over the guardians of U.S. airspace despite her recent suggestion otherwise.

"She doesn't have any role in that process," Air Force Maj. Allen Herritage, spokesman for the Alaska North American Aerospace Defense Command, told the Daily News.

"The authority to launch and respond to a Russian incursion lies with the Alaska NORAD Region commander" - Air Force Lt. Gen. Dana Atkins, he said.

Palin said last week that her foreign policy experience includes facing the Russians.

"It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia, as Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America - where do they go? It's Alaska," Palin told CBS' Katie Couric............

Even more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/09/30/2008-09-30_norad_sarah_palin_has_no_role_in_guardin.html

Who in heck does she think she is?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?! I thinketh her mind exceeds her powers of prophecy and national interests by quite a lot!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
they would inform Gov. Palin of what was happening, and you're a lying sack of shit to say they wouldn't..

It kinda hard to stand up a community organizer(your little boy Obambam), against a woman who is a Governor, isn't it...

way funny watching you all trying to make excuses for the lack of experience your Obambam has........kinda pathetic actually

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
And you're a pretty pitiful sack of shit yourself, stevie.

they would inform Gov. Palin of what was happening, and you're a lying sack of shit to say they wouldn't..

It kinda hard to stand up a community organizer(your little boy Obambam), against a woman who is a Governor, isn't it...

way funny watching you all trying to make excuses for the lack of experience your Obambam has........kinda pathetic actually

They were under no obligation whatsoever to inform the Governor of anything involving national security endeavors and would not be expected to do so. If you have proof otherwise I'd like to see it. I've been in both positions and my recollections are quite different from your illusions.

Are the Cape Cods clouding your already feeble attempts in reality?

Yurt
09-30-2008, 11:14 PM
yeah, these same libs who like to trash palin never, ever venture into the threads (unless i missed one) challenging people to show how obama is more qualified than palin....

the reason why is obvious

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 11:21 PM
The comparison is just so silly, yuk.

yeah, these same libs who like to trash palin never, ever venture into the threads (unless i missed one) challenging people to show how obama is more qualified than palin....

the reason why is obvious

I thought you could think more critically?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
you finally got something right...the comparisons are silly..

Sarah Palin has way more experience to be a Vice President, than that community organizer you all have foisted on the American people to run as President..

but have no fear...the American people aren't as stupid as you Democrats and the Obambam believe them to be...:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
All those lies don't bother you a bit, do they, stevie?

you finally got something right...the comparisons are silly..

Sarah Palin has way more experience than that community organizer you all have foisted on the American people..

but have no fear...the American people aren't as stupid as you Democrats and the Obambam believe them to be...:laugh2:

Why am I not surprised?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Are the Cape Cods catching up with you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
All those lies don't bother you a bit, do they, stevie?

Why am I not surprised?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Are the Cape Cods catching up with you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

you Democrats are the LIAR..that's why you can't list all of the Obambams qualifications to run for President...

HE HAS NONE..
1. he's been a junior Senator for 31/2 yrs, and has been running for President for two of those...

You've soaked up way to many Busch's..I don't know what the rest of your liberal buddies excuse is......you're all full of..:bs1:

Psychoblues
10-01-2008, 12:13 AM
This thread is about the lies of one Sarah Palin, stevie. If you are concerned about Obama I suggest you start another one identifying the problem/s that you have with him.

Sarah Palin is an egotistical and pathological liar. That's what the evidence represents. Do you have anything to dispute it?

How's that Cape Cod coming along for you? Can I get you a fresh one?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?