PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani looking good thus far...

jimnyc
03-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Poll: Giuliani Has Biggest Base of Support, Lowest Base of Opposition

If you’re a fan of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) you probably can’t believe all the good news surrounding the Presidential hopeful. He leads the Republican Primary polls, has the highest favorability rating of all candidates, and leads every Democrat in general election match-ups.

Rasmussen Reports recently conducted a national telephone survey that yielded another good dose of polling data for “America’s Mayor.” When we asked Likely Voters if they would “definitely” vote for or against leading Presidential candidates, more voters said they would definitely vote for Giuliani than against. The opposite was true for every other candidate in the survey including Senator Hillary Clinton (D), Senator John McCain (R), Senator Barack Obama (D), and former Senator John Edwards (D).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Political%20Tracking/Dailies/March%202007/PresidentialVoteForAgainst20070315.htm

03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I think the main reason is because he has the biggest name recognition at the time and we know he is an effective leader.

I think as the other candidates become more well known others will be supported more so.

For example, I think Mitt Romney is a very strong candidate. People just really don't know him that well yet. That is going to change. Ultimately I think it might between Mitt and Rudy for the nomination.

Of course, I know Tancredo is being looked by some on the board but I dont know anything about his leadership capabilities.

I know Newt is kind of a dark horse to me. No clue how people will react although I know he is liked by a lot.

I obviously think McCain doesnt have a prayer;)

krisy
03-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I think Guliani has a really good chance at getting the nomination. As someone else said,he is known to be effective leadership. He is well known,and well liked. Any skeletons have allready come out.
I like him,but I get stick on his stance on social issues. He did say on Hannity and Colmes tho that he would appoint the same kind of judges that Bush did,which is a good thing.

Abbey Marie
03-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Guliani has a really good chance at getting the nomination. As someone else said,he is known to be effective leadership. He is well known,and well liked. Any skeletons have allready come out.
I like him,but I get stick on his stance on social issues. He did say on Hannity and Colmes tho that he would appoint the same kind of judges that Bush did,which is a good thing.

If he will do that, and be tough on terror and the border, he's got my vote.

Dilloduck
03-17-2007, 07:03 PM
If he will do that, and be tough on terror and the border, he's got my vote.

I've decided that after I have seen what has happened to Texas, I will ONLY vote for somone who shuts the border. If that doesn't happen, Texas will go to hell whatever happens.

krisy
03-17-2007, 07:13 PM
What does Guliani have to say on Illegal immigration? I'm sure Hannity asked him,but I didn't see that part.

jimnyc
03-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I've decided that after I have seen what has happened to Texas, I will ONLY vote for somone who shuts the border. If that doesn't happen, Texas will go to hell whatever happens.

I remember reading a lot of Pale's posts on this issue, I'd say you would like Tancredo then.

gabosaurus
03-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Bush campaigned in 2004 using the spectre of Sept. 11. I expect Rudy would do the same.

manu1959
03-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Bush campaigned in 2004 using the spectre of Sept. 11. I expect Rudy would do the same.

the carpet muncher and the liar are using the war as the basis of thier campaign .... is the right not allowed the same right?

03-20-2007, 12:20 AM

You realize that if a certain political party wasn't pretending 9/11 didn't happen, it would be impossible to use it in a campaign.

If you guys stopped opposing every single effort we take to stop another 9/11 from happening, maybe you wouldnt be so afraid of it.

Baron Von Esslingen
03-24-2007, 03:42 AM
If you guys stopped opposing every single effort we take to stop another 9/11 from happening, maybe you wouldnt be so afraid of it.

Is that why 38 republican senators opposed the implementation of the recomendations of the 9/11 Commission that recently passed Congress? Yeah, I thought so.

gabosaurus
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Rudy is rapidly losing his credibility. Wife by wife... :cheers2:

Baron Von Esslingen
03-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Once the party faithful realize that he is pro-gay rights and pro-gun control, his numbers will sink like the Chicago Cubs' pennant hopes in September.

LiberalNation
03-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I don't mind him, but doubt he would get the republican nod. He's too liberal, wont get the christian right vote which makes up a lot of the GOP.

Gaffer
03-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm not a big guliani fan. I think he would be a good war president but he's weak on the domestic issues in my book.

loosecannon
03-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not a big guliani fan.

Good call; he has zero chance of winning. His best credit is Bush lite. Which is a negative.

None of the current GOP candidates has a chance unless a third party candidate rocks the boat.

The only GOPer who could possibly win without a 3rd party spoiler is Hagel.

Ron Paul is an outstanding GOP candidate, but the GOP is far too shallow to nominate him.

I could vote for Hagel or Paul if the alternative is Hillary.

But odds are that at least one, maybe as many as three third party candies will step up. Major candies like Joe Lieberman or Edwards, or Paul. Folks capable of drawing 10 % each.

In fact you Gopers, better pray for it.

Bush lite is a sure loser.

stephanie
03-25-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm not a big giuliani fan. I think he would be a good war president but he's weak on the domestic issues in my book.

My thoughts on him also..