PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here.

Ultra
10-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I was recommended to this place by Trobinett and Eightballsidepocket. Please stop deleting my profile!!!

Immanuel
10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
I was recommended to this place by Trobinett and Eightballsidepocket. Please stop deleting my profile!!!

Well, if you come here recommended by those two, you should expect to be deleted! j/k

Welcome.

Immie

Noir
10-02-2008, 07:46 AM
glad to have ya here Ultra :)

darin
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
We did a clean-up. Those who haven't participated were deleted. Sorry for the trouble but non-participating members just mean clutter.

Welcome. hang out.

Ultra
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
We did a clean-up. Those who haven't participated were deleted. Sorry for the trouble but non-participating members just mean clutter.

Welcome. hang out.

Twice in 24 hours. Ouch.

;)

Little-Acorn
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
The car's name is "Bob".

What do I win?

:)

BTW, welcome to the forum, Ultra.

Ultra
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
The car's name is "Bob".

What do I win?

:)

:lame2:

Thanks for the welcome.

darin
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Twice in 24 hours. Ouch.

;)

Doesn't matter - we track users/registered folk by their IP. If your IP registered 1000 accounts, but never posted, it's reasonable to delete the memberships. :)

Abbey Marie
10-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Welcome, Ultra. :salute:

Ultra
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Doesn't matter - we track users/registered folk by their IP. If your IP registered 1000 accounts, but never posted, it's reasonable to delete the memberships. :)

Let's start with, I run a board myself and I understand how it works.

Next off, I signed up 36 hours ago and my profile was deleted within 24 hours. Obviously no one checked the profile as I had an Avatar and a sig. I signed up again 12 hours ago and my profile was deleted within 2 hours after I signed up the second time. Again, no one checked the profile as I had the avatar and sig. IMHO, you could have left me on the memberlist for a day or two on the second sign-up, at least.

;)

Abbey Marie
10-02-2008, 12:05 PM

Next off, I signed up 36 hours ago and my profile was deleted within 24 hours. Obviously no one checked the profile as I had an Avatar and a sig. I signed up again 12 hours ago and my profile was deleted within 2 hours after I signed up the second time. Again, no one checked the profile as I had the avatar and sig. IMHO, you could have left me on the memberlist for a day or two on the second sign-up, at least.

;)

I am sure Jim (the owner) is sorry for this unfortunate result of his sweeps.
Please bear with us, and welcome again!

Immanuel
10-02-2008, 12:09 PM

;)

I hope your board is democraticunderground.com! :D It would be poetic justice if you ask me.

Hehe, just kidding and again, welcome.

By the way, are you ultra conservative or ultra liberal? Just curious.

Immie

Ultra
10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
By the way, are you ultra conservative or ultra liberal? Just curious.

Immie

The terms liberal and conservative have both been co-opted in the past 100 or so years.

Yurt
10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
The terms liberal and conservative have both been co-opted in the past 100 or so years.

i'm going to liberally construe this post to mean that you conservatively feel the terms no longer carry their original meaning

Abbey Marie
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm more interested in your subtitled name.

Noir
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Gawd, we've got another smart-arse on the board :slap:

Abbey Marie
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Gawd, we've got another smart-arse on the board :slap:

You know what they say: Better a smart-ass than a dumb ****. " :laugh2:

He'll fit right in. :D

manu1959
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM

plus he / she complains with the best of em....

jimnyc
10-02-2008, 03:33 PM

;)

First off, you have my apologies for the problems. It was I who likely deleted your accounts. We have someone (likely using software) to register anywhere from 10-50 accounts per day. They return a day or a week later and attempt to spam the site, or setup spam in their signature and then bump old posts. If someone registered and never posted, their account got deleted. If someone registered and setup a link in their signature, and then didn't make a post, they're account definitely got deleted. I've been monitoring the new registrations and deleting accounts with usernames that are "generally" random by nature, using a pattern of email addresses and having an IP address that is from odd locations.

I'll be a little less aggressive in the future and hopefully innocent members won't be affected.

Again, I'm sorry for the troubles.

darin
10-02-2008, 04:03 PM

;)

Why are you sounding so pompous? Having a sig doesn't mean squat. Relax.

Noir
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM

:lol:

Must memo that one

AFbombloader
10-02-2008, 05:38 PM

;)

He runs a board........good for him! Maybe then you understand what can happen and you will cut the attitude. Jim explained, let it go.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Ultra
10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
;) Different meanings to different people, I guess.

Ultra
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm more interested in your subtitled name.

It was given to me by a psychologist.

Gaffer
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
It was given to me by a psychologist.

Was it given too you or did you pay for it?

Ultra
10-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Was it given too you or did you pay for it?

Given, via the internet.

Ultra
10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
First off, you have my apologies for the problems. It was I who likely deleted your accounts. We have someone (likely using software) to register anywhere from 10-50 accounts per day. They return a day or a week later and attempt to spam the site, or setup spam in their signature and then bump old posts. If someone registered and never posted, their account got deleted. If someone registered and setup a link in their signature, and then didn't make a post, they're account definitely got deleted. I've been monitoring the new registrations and deleting accounts with usernames that are "generally" random by nature, using a pattern of email addresses and having an IP address that is from odd locations.

I'll be a little less aggressive in the future and hopefully innocent members won't be affected.

Again, I'm sorry for the troubles.

The other side of the pillow.

:cool:

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Several of the moderators here have banned me, ultra. And a few times for extended periods!!!!!!!! Jimbo never has and never would if I know him like I think I know him. This is a fine and generally fair board, ultra. If you're having problems already I suggest you revisit that psychologist that gave you your byline. Perhaps they aren't giving you enough information.

What's your pleasure, cowgirl? Would it be strychnine and water or just plain old arsenic from the chilled bottle?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
10-02-2008, 11:03 PM
i think you are full of shit

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 11:39 PM
You talkin' to me, yuk?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You know I can kick your ass from here to sundown, or sunup, whatever!!!!!!!!

Have a cold one on me, dumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultra
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Several of the moderators here have banned me, ultra. And a few times for extended periods!!!!!!!! Jimbo never has and never would if I know him like I think I know him. This is a fine and generally fair board, ultra. If you're having problems already I suggest you revisit that psychologist that gave you your byline. Perhaps they aren't giving you enough information.

What's your pleasure, cowgirl? Would it be strychnine and water or just plain old arsenic from the chilled bottle?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The quoted post is the only problem I have encountered.

:tinfoil:

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Was it not answered to your satisfaction?

Whose fault is that?

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:10 AM

and psyde(unowho)show answers...

it speaks for itself....

Ultra
10-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Was it not answered to your satisfaction?

Whose fault is that?

You don't use mirrors, do you?

:poke:

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Your customary dumbo response was directly following my post, yuk, and you never specified just who in heck you were talking to.

and psyde(unowho)show answers...

it speaks for itself....

You need to go back to smart ass school. No wonder that you are not a practising attorney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
i see the weakling has to follow his master on the board and insult my profession...

ultra... btw, welcome and enjoy

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
And just what is your profession, yuk?

i see the weakling has to follow his master on the board and insult my profession...

ultra... btw, welcome and enjoy

And don't give me that shit that you are a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, cowgirl, you ain't even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:41 AM
And just what is your profession, yuk?

And don't give me that shit that you are a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, cowgirl, you ain't even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop parroting your leader's words...it does not become you

you only dig yourself in his hole

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:56 AM
I haven't "parroted" anything, counselor.

stop parroting your leader's words...it does not become you

you only dig yourself in his hole

Now, prove me a liar?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:salute::cheers2::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Immanuel
10-03-2008, 07:15 AM

That is just PB. I don't think he means any harm. He's usually a little standoffish in that way, but generally trying to be funny.

Don't let him bother you.

Immie

Gaffer
10-03-2008, 07:20 AM

My advice. Put him on ignore and keep him there. He adds nothing to any conversation in anyway.

dan
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
My advice. Put him on ignore and keep him there. He adds nothing to any conversation in anyway.

He's possibly the funniest member of the board, in my opinion.

Yurt
10-03-2008, 11:35 AM
That is just PB. I don't think he means any harm. He's usually a little standoffish in that way, but generally trying to be funny.

Don't let him bother you.

Immie

yup...pb cracks me up