PDA

View Full Version : Senate Bailout Bill Loaded with Pork

red states rule
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Well folks, your tax dollars at work. Once again, we are not only bailing out people who bought homes they could not afford - but the pork is flowing out of this bill as well

But remember, we need to pay more in taxes for financial responsibility

Senate Bailout Bill Loaded with Pork
We're in a huge financial crisis, right? We're looking at another Great Depression, right? So what's the Senate do? They get together and create a pork-laden bailout bill.

The bailout bill contains the following "new" pork::

Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
The bailout bill extends this existing pork:

Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
American Samoa (Sec. 309)
Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
Railroads (Sec. 316)
Auto Racing Tracks (317)
District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
Wool Research (Sec. 325)

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalism/2008/10/senate-bailout.html

AFbombloader
10-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Well folks, your tax dollars at work. Once again, we are not only bailing out people who bought homes they could not afford - but the pork is flowing out of this bill as well

But remember, we need to pay more in taxes for financial responsibility

Senate Bailout Bill Loaded with Pork
We're in a huge financial crisis, right? We're looking at another Great Depression, right? So what's the Senate do? They get together and create a pork-laden bailout bill.

The bailout bill contains the following "new" pork::

Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)
The bailout bill extends this existing pork:

Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308)
American Samoa (Sec. 309)
Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310)
Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311)
Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312)
Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315)
Railroads (Sec. 316)
Auto Racing Tracks (317)
District of Columbia (Sec. 322)
Wool Research (Sec. 325)

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalism/2008/10/senate-bailout.html

This is nuts! How and the hell are we supposed to decifer this 451 page abomination!

http://senateconservatives.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ayo08c32_xml.pdf

I tried to look through it, to see if there was stuff not on this list. I need to go to bed now because my head is throbbing from looking at this crap!

red states rule
10-02-2008, 08:34 AM
This is nuts! How and the hell are we supposed to decifer this 451 page abomination!

http://senateconservatives.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ayo08c32_xml.pdf

I tried to look through it, to see if there was stuff not on this list. I need to go to bed now because my head is throbbing from looking at this crap!

That is the racket they have going on. They load the bill down with beltway jargomn, then slip the pork in when nobody is looking

This is our money, and at the same time, Dems tell us we need to pay more in taxes to fund "vital" govenment services

red states rule
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Will this story get the coverage it deserves?

CNBC's Francis and Haines Call Senate Bailout Bill Tax Add-Ons 'Crap'
By Jeff Poor (Bio | Archive)
October 2, 2008 - 10:41 ET

You've got to love brutal honesty, especially when it comes from the financial media.

The Senate's version of a bailout bill, which passed last night by a margin of 74-25, included "sweeteners" - or obscure tax breaks - including benefits for the manufacturer of wooden arrows used in children's toys and another for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill.

Melissa Francis, co-host of CNBC's "The Call," and "Squawk on the Street" co-host Mark Haines called it all "crap" on their Oct. 1 special coverage of the vote on the network. Their description was similar to the one used by House Minority Leader John Boehner's regarding the House version of the bailout: "crap sandwich."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2008/10/02/cnbcs-francis-haines-call-senate-bailout-bill-tax-add-ons-crap

namvet
10-02-2008, 10:59 AM
The Obama-Biden pork partnership

The Washington Post peeks into the sausage-making aspects of Capitol Hill legislating, and discovers that Barack Obama and Joe Biden have a longer partnership than first thought. Obama pursued over $3 million in earmarks for Biden’s son, at the same time that Biden claims he didn’t get personally lobbied by Hunter Biden for his clients. Obama apparently provided the necessary cover for his wingman:

An analysis for The Washington Post by Taxpayers for Common Sense of Hunter Biden’s firm’s lobbying business found that its clients collected $2.7 million in earmarks in the last fiscal year.

lowering taxe's Osama??? your ass

hot air (hot air)

PostmodernProphet
10-02-2008, 11:02 AM
hmm....just found this in the bailout bill on page 297....wonder what this is about....

SEC. 401. PERMANENT AUTHORITY FOR UNDERCOVER OP17
ERATIONS.
18 (a) IN GENERAL.—Section 7608(c) (relating to rules
19 relating to undercover operations) is amended by striking
20 paragraph (6).
21 (b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendment made by
22 this section shall apply to operations conducted after the
23 date of the enactment of this Act.
O:\AYO\AYO08C32.xml S.L.C.
1 SEC. 402. PERMANENT AUTHORITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF
2 INFORMATION RELATING TO TERRORIST AC3
TIVITIES.
4 (a) DISCLOSURE OF RETURN INFORMATION TO AP5
PRISE APPROPRIATE OFFICIALS OF TERRORIST ACTIVI6
TIES.—Subparagraph (C) of section 6103(i)(3) is amend7
ed by striking clause (iv).
8 (b) DISCLOSURE UPON REQUEST OF INFORMATION
9 RELATING TO TERRORIST ACTIVITIES.—Paragraph (7) of
10 section 6103(i) is amended by striking subparagraph (E).
11 (c) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by
12 this section shall apply to disclosures after the date of the
13 enactment of this Act.

red states rule
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
hmm....just found this in the bailout bill on page 297....wonder what this is about....

I see a hell a huge tax increase coming if Obama win the election. Spending will go thru the roof with an unchecked liberal government