PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to survive

randyjohnson
10-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Presidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.

red states rule
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Presidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.

We are not in a recession. I do not see how anyone can blame any President for their issues in life

Obama tax and spend policies, and wanting the government to take over large parts of the private sector will give us a repeat of the Carter years. That was a bad economy

Mr. P
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM

So on your first post you solidified the fact that you are a MORON. Very well done.

red states rule
10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
So on your first post you solidified the fact that you are a MORON. Very well done.

At least he avoided the Christmas rush

midcan5
10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
And curiously the republican tools on this site repeat the same tiring wingnut mantras: Taxes, spending, liberals. To paraphrase Joe Biden, all the conservative tools need is a noun, a verb, and "taxes" and they have exhausted their thought power.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/09-3
http://www.conservativenannystate.org/
http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-columns/op-eds-columns/america-since-1980-a-right-turn-leading-to-a-dead-end/

red states rule
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
And curiously the republican tools on this site repeat the same tiring wingnut mantras: Taxes, spending, liberals. To paraphrase Joe Biden, all the conservative tools need is a noun, a verb, and "taxes" and they have exhausted their thought power.

"This is the Bush-McCain economy. Senator McCain may have forgotten, but President Bush already tried his economic policies and the results are not good. We have just been through a business cycle in which the wage of the typical worker and the typical working family fell. This is the first time that has ever happened."

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-columns/op-eds-columns/america-since-1980-a-right-turn-leading-to-a-dead-end/

Fact - Obama wants over $2 trillion in new taxes

Fact - Obama has proposed over $1 trillion in new spending

Fact - Obama is the #1 rated liberal

Obama is a tax and spend liberal

Gaffer
10-02-2008, 07:26 PM

Want some cheese with that whine?

There is no recession. There are banks going belly up due to mismanagement. Has nothing to do with Bush.

Sometimes things happen and you have alter your lifestyle.

I think your another party hack here to spread your agenda.

AFbombloader
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Maybe, and this may be a stretch, your parents should be held accountable for their own actions. Did they invest enough in the past? did they properly prepare for their future? Do they have a lifestyle that they can cut back on? How exactly is it the President's fault your dad lost his bonus? Did Bush call and tell his boss to stop giving it to him?

I am so tired of the "it is Bush's fault" mantra being spouted. I teach my 15 and 12 year old that they, and only they, are accountable for what happens. It isn't the teachers fault, the coaches fault, and it sure isn't the President's fault.

And this financial "crisis" we are going through is just as much the previous administration's responsibility, as well as congresses.

PostmodernProphet
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM

a Bush/McCain economy?.....two factors involved.....high fuel costs (Democrats blocking domestic production) and the bank crisis (Democrats forcing banks into the subprime market)......oh yeah, it's a Bush/McCain economy all right....

red states rule
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4528/beanobamahj7.jpg

manu1959
10-02-2008, 08:47 PM
fair enough.....how is obama going to get us out of this "recession".....

and

how did bush cause your parents financial dilema.....

manu1959
10-02-2008, 08:48 PM

you should rep him.....:laugh2:

Immanuel
10-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Hey, I have not gotten a raise in nearly two years when I used to get annual raises. Our wages are frozen for now and there is no telling how long that will last, but that is not President Bush's fault. The economy moves in cycles which is something every 15 year old should know and understand. There is nothing any President can do about it... period.

I don't know how old you are Randy, but I think you should give your accusations a rest until you can actually think about what you are saying rather than letting the Democrats think for you.

Immie

manu1959
10-02-2008, 09:48 PM
who gets a weekly bonus.............

Joe Steel
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive.

It's a wise choice. Like everything else he's touched, Bush has made a disaster of the American economy. The unemployment rate is significantly higher than when he was inaugurated and we've lost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Real income has fallen and we can't even borrow to help with the rough spots.

red states rule
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
It's a wise choice. Like everything else he's touched, Bush has made a disaster of the American economy. The unemployment rate is significantly higher than when he was inaugurated and we've lost hundreds of thousands of jobs. Real income has fallen and we can't even borrow to help with the rough spots.

Will the messiah tax him into prosperity? :laugh2:

Joe Steel
10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Will the messiah tax him into prosperity? :laugh2:

Yes.

Obama will tax the rich and it will bring prosperity.

10-02-2008, 10:31 PM

What exactly did the President do to hurt your fathers bonus?

10-02-2008, 10:34 PM

You must have a different definition of "significantly" than I do.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/prev_yrs.htm

10-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Yes.

So he is rich now?

manu1959
10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes.

as i understand it, rich is anyone or a couple over 250k....

what will he do with that money to bring prosperity.....

stephanie
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
the op sounds just like a typical Obambam supporter...

blame everyone else for things that happen in the REAL WORLD...

:lame2:

Abbey Marie
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM

Randy, what kind of work does your father do?

Mr. P
10-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes.

What if the rich stop working and grab onto the Government tit instead?

manu1959
10-02-2008, 11:24 PM
What if the rich stop working and grab onto the Government tit instead?

or just take a break and average their taxes over three years.....

Mr. P
10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
or just take a break and average their taxes over three years.....

I just don't think they understand. If you kill off the producers with high taxes they'll have to fend for themselves. Maybe they should try to get a job from (what they call) a poor person and see how that works out.

"Atlas Shrugged" is getting closer to a reality.

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Amazing. The new member reaches out for information, explanation, forthrightedness, anything to help him to understand and you jerks push him off as if he were nothing more than a tiny rock in your bumpy roads. What a bunch of genuine shitheads!!!!!!!!!!!! And the board slowly shrinks away!!!!!!!! Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
10-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Amazing. The new member reaches out for information, explanation, forthrightedness, anything to help him to understand and you jerks push him off as if he were nothing more than a tiny rock in your bumpy roads. What a bunch of genuine shitheads!!!!!!!!!!!! And the board slowly shrinks away!!!!!!!! Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

call a wambulance...

he didn't reach out for nothing..he was just whining..
my life can be hell at times also, but it sure isn't President Bushes fault..Hell I didn't even blame it on Clinton when he was President...
now go have a Busch and calm down..check your blood pressure..:laugh2:

Mr. P
10-03-2008, 12:10 AM

Shit I missed YOUR wonderful advice to him that you DIDN'T offer..SHITHEAD!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:21 AM

can we link him or her to all your posts? :laugh2:

wait, that might scare him or her off....

theHawk
10-03-2008, 12:24 AM

Can you explain how taxing your dad's employer is going to help your dad? How is taxing the top 5% income earners going to pocket any money into your dad's?

Can you explain in detail what Bush policies have led to your dad making less money?

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:26 AM
See what I mean? I hope the administrator sees it as well. Most of you are just shitheads that don't want anyone else in your sandbox. Children in the very worst sense.

stephanie
10-03-2008, 12:27 AM
can we link him or her to all your posts? :laugh2:

wait, that might scare him or her off....

man, being chastised by the Psycho for not being sensitive enough...

I laugh hard.....:laugh2:

stephanie
10-03-2008, 12:32 AM
See what I mean? I hope the administrator sees it as well. Most of you are just shitheads that don't want anyone else in your sandbox. Children in the very worst sense.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thbaby-crying-1.gif

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Wow!!!!!! stevie does a double post in fitful anticipation of response not forthcoming!!!!!!!!!!

Sad, really sad.

stephanie
10-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Wow!!!!!! stevie does a double post in fitful anticipation of response not forthcoming!!!!!!!!!!

Sad, really sad.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thYep.gif

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Damn, stevie!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thYep.gif

You were ONE UGLY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:46 AM

hey big boy, you don't like the sandbox, bye bye...

ya big baby.....

dude, i thought you were different, but never a pussy....until that post...to bad, because i do sorta like you...

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Don't call me a pussy, you big pussy!!!!!!!!!!

hey big boy, you don't like the sandbox, bye bye...

ya big baby.....

dude, i thought you were different, but never a pussy....until that post...to bad, because i do sorta like you...

You can't take the truth and that hurts you. Guess what?!?!?!??!?!?! You ain't sending me packing or anywhere else, cowgirl. I'll be glad to hold my own and kick your lying ass today, tomorrow and probably even next week. I can't guarantee much more than that, girlieman, as I am getting old and unhealthy.

I'll hang in here, however, as long as I can!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
10-03-2008, 01:07 AM
:lol:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/beersquirrel2ll5.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/crazy.gif

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:17 AM
It's hard to argue with your incredible wit, stevie.

:lol:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/beersquirrel2ll5.gif

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/crazy.gif

Do you have anything original to add? Or anything substantial to add? Or maybe just a little something that makes any sense to add?

stephanie
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I got tired of typing..so I went to pictures..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Muttley.gif

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Sad excuse, stevie.

I got tired of typing..so I went to pictures..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/Muttley.gif

stephanie
10-03-2008, 01:53 AM
Sad excuse, stevie.

tough..

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Your sad excuse is indeed "tough", stevie.

tough..

For you. But, to be honest, I find it typical and even marginally entertaining from you. "Tough" is something to say when you have nothing more intelligent to add to the conversation. Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!

Sitarro
10-03-2008, 02:22 AM
I stubbed my big toe at work tonight, DAMN YOU GEORGE BUSH!!!!!!

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 02:30 AM
You have to be kidding, zero!!!!!!!

I stubbed my big toe at work tonight, DAMN YOU GEORGE BUSH!!!!!!

Sadly, I know that your sick attempt at satire is more serious than even the truth of it. You're a sick puppy, cowgirl. Did you speak with your doc about it like I advised?

Sitarro
10-03-2008, 02:42 AM
You have to be kidding, zero!!!!!!!

Sadly, I know that your sick attempt at satire is more serious than even the truth of it. You're a sick puppy, cowgirl. Did you speak with your doc about it like I advised?

That damn George Bush caused me to get a blister too, he will surely rot in hell!

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 03:03 AM
Your predicament is pitiful, zero.

That damn George Bush caused me to get a blister too, he will surely rot in hell!

But even as despicable as gwb is I somehow disbelieve your claim that he is somehow responsible for it.

Trigg
10-03-2008, 06:25 AM

This is the REAL problem with America right now.

We shouldn't be borrowing to help with the rough spots. We should cut back and live within our means.

Guess what folks. People lived without cell phones, cable TV and $5 lates for millions of years. Tighten your belts. DON"T BORROW.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 06:26 AM

Here is an example of how Pres Bush ruined the life of this man's Mom

At 10 o'clock this morning, received a desperate call from my dear mother.

"Damn that Bush!" she cried. "Damn him to HELL!"

"Take it easy, Ma. What's the problem?"

"My car broke down!" she told me. "I have an appointment at the unemployment office to extend my benefits another two years, and I have no way to get there! DAMN THAT BUSH! He sent my job overseas, and now he's trying to take my unemployment insurance away! What am I going to do?"

Ma has been out of work since Boeing laid her off in 2002, thanks to Bush and his tax cuts for the rich. The union hasn't called her back, and no one is hiring 65 year old Airplane Restroom Toilet Paper Dispenser Installers anymore. So she's had to subsist on her pension, social security, her 401k, alimony checks, welfare, and unemployment insurance benefits for the past two years.

"Don't worry, Ma. Tell me where you are and I'll come help."

"At the White Horse Tavern in Marysville. That's as far as I made it before the damn thing quit!"

"Mom, that's totally the opposite direction of the unemployment office."

"Oh that Bush has got me so riled up, I've lost all sense of direction!" Ma cried.

"No biggie, Ma, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you, dear. I'll go inside and have a beer while I wait."

I arrived at the White Horse a couple hours later. Sure enough, Ma was inside nursing a pounder at the bar when I walked in.

"Oh Larry, thank God you're here!" she greeted me. "I don't know what I'm going to do...I'm out of work, my unemployment benefits have expired, and now my car won't run! I'm going to wind up eating dog food right out of the can, thanks to Bush and his tax cuts for the rich!"

"Would you like some more pull tabs, Mrs. Chomstein?" the bartended interrupted.

"Yeah, gimme fifty bucks on number 10," my Mom told him. "Lotta good it'll do me...I haven't won shit since Bush put on a flight suit and announced 'mission accomplished' from the deck of that aircraft carrier."

"Well, Ma, I'll go out and have a look at the car. Maybe I can fix it."

"Bless your heart, dear," she said, handing me her keys. "I'll have another beer while I wait."

When I popped the hood open on the Jeep, I could immediately tell what the problem was - the fan belt was broken. But upon closer inspection, it became obviuous that it had been cleanly and intentionally cut. I took the broken belt back inside the tavern and showed it to Ma.

"Damn that Bush!" she screeched with anger, her face turning a deep red. "That BASTARD cut my fan belt! Oooh he really knows how to PISS ME OFF! I haven't been this mad since Nixon stole my panties at Woodstock! DAMN HIM! DAMN HIM! DAMN HIM!"

"Calm down, Ma!" I told her. She was lapsing into one of her Sam Kinison screaming fits, and was already drawing a small crowd of slack-jawed gawkers. "Just relax, it's an easy fix. I'll just drive up to the auto parts store and get a new fan belt."

"Oh thank you so much, sweetheart," Ma replied, relaxing a little. "I'll have another beer while I wait."

An hour later, I had the new belt installed and the Jeep was ready to go - just as Ma came stumbling out of the bar, blood gushing from her mouth.

"Holy crap, what happened to you?"

"Oh I fell down in the baffroom and broke my toof on the edge of the terlet," Ma explained.

"DAMN THAT BUSH!" we both shouted in unison.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2004/02/at_10_oclock_th.html

Immanuel
10-03-2008, 07:46 AM

Sorry, but I didn't see it as reaching out. Seemed to me to be an awful lot of finger pointing without the knowledge of where to point his finger.

Hell, even I got rough with him and I tend to consider myself very tolerant of liberals.

Did you ever send that second Margerita my way?

Immie