PDA

View Full Version : Biden - Palin Debate Thread

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Heck, I thought someone would have surely started one by now!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised!!!!!!!!

Gov. Palin did very well in my opinion. Sher certainly didn't collapse as some suggested she might and she held her own in at least a credible manner.

Thank God they had a better sound man this time around!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Mr. P
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Heck, I thought someone would have surely started one by now!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised!!!!!!!!

Gov. Palin did very well in my opinion. Sher certainly didn't collapse as some suggested she might and she held her own in at least a credible manner.

Thank God they had a better sound man this time around!!!!!!!!!!!

I did.

stephanie
10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Biden didn't screw up as expected..but he is one giant BORE...yawn

Silver
10-02-2008, 10:10 PM
The point is , it won't matter one iota....MSM will tell us tomorrow how she didn't do badly but that she was no match for Biden...
There is no way MSM will give not continue to push the Dem line and the Dem candidates...they anointed Obama over Hillary and will cheer him on to victory....there was nothing Palin could do or say that would make a dent that ....Biden could puke on the stage and msm wouldn't even notice...

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:18 PM
You're full of shit, sliver.

The point is , it won't matter one iota....MSM will tell us tomorrow how she didn't do badly but that she was no match for Biden...
There is no way MSM will give not continue to push the Dem line and the Dem candidates...they anointed Obama over Hillary and will cheer him on to victory....there was nothing Palin could do or say that would make a dent that ....Biden could puke on the stage and msm wouldn't even notice...

But, I didn't expect you to be much else. I intended this to be an objective discussion between DP posters/politicos and you're already blaming the msm for something they certainly haven't done anything to be assused of. Tsk, tsk.

manu1959
10-02-2008, 10:20 PM

he said he votedtohelpthe bosniacs....whoever they are.....

red states rule
10-02-2008, 10:20 PM

But, I didn't expect you to be much else. I intended this to be an objective discussion between DP posters/politicos and you're already blaming the msm for something they certainly haven't done anything to be assused of. Tsk, tsk.

I flipped over the DNCTV and they were bashing and attacking Gov Palin. Keith Overbite could not say one postivie thing about Gov Palin

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
She Fucking Kicked His Pluged Ass

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
As usual, you're full of shit as well, rsr. KO did indeed compliment Gov. Palin.

I flipped over the DNCTV and they were bashing and attacking Gov Palin. Keith Overbite could not say one postivie thing about Gov Palin

Or did you just hear what you wanted to hear?

Some of the pundits are complaining about her refusal to answer questions, however, and my wife and I are pretty much asking the same thing.

What was all that winking at the camera about?

red states rule
10-02-2008, 10:25 PM
She Fucking Kicked His Pluged Ass

She won, and won big. The libs on DNCTV and CNN are doing their best to downplay her success, but they are not happy with the results

red states rule
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
As usual, you're full of shit as well, rsr. KO did indeed compliment Gov. Palin.

Or did you just hear what you wanted to hear?

Some of the pundits are complaining about her refusal to answer questions, however, and myh wife and I are pretty much asking the same thing.

What was all that winking at the camera about?

PB you are lying. I watched Keith Overbite, and he had nothing but attacks in the opening of his little watched show

Matthews was not happy, and the liberal lesbo was depressed.

Silver
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM

No shit Sherlock...I said what I expect the MSM to do tomorrow....of course they haven't done it yet....

Or do you deny that the msm crowned Obama over Hillary? Thats so obvious I can't imagine anyone denying it....

stephanie
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM

But, I didn't expect you to be much else. I intended this to be an objective discussion between DP posters/politicos and you're already blaming the msm for something they certainly haven't done anything to be assured of. Tsk, tsk.

you are rude..why do you come here if everybody pisses you off so badly??

check out the Huffoposto, dailykosmo, their more your style..

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Winning "big" is attracting new voters to your side. I don't think either of them attracted any new voters and I don't think either really lost any either!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Winning "big" is attracting new voters to your side. I don't think either of them attracted any new voters and I don't think either really lost any either!!!!!!!!!

The focus group Frank Luntz had of undecided voters (an equal number of Dem and Republican leaners) nearly all of them gave Gov Palin the win

He said watch the polls over the next 48 hours - there will be shift

We wil have to wait and see

Silver
10-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Palion held her own over a very polished veteran debater and notorious liar...

I can't wait for a least one news organization to fact check the bullshit Biden dished out....not the I expect it to make any difference in the opinion of MSM......

theHawk
10-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I missed the debate!!! WHAT HAPPENED??? Who won??

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Frank Luntz is a apologetic type for the republicans, rsr. He has never been representative of what is actually going on.

The focus group Frank Luntz had of undecided voters (an equal number of Dem and Republican leaners) nearly all of them gave Gov Palin the win

He said watch the polls over the next 48 hours - there will be shift

We wil have to wait and see

And, I don't expect to see any change in that. His methodology is flawed to say the least.

stephanie
10-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Palion held her own over a very polished veteran debater and notorious liar...

I can't wait for a least one news organization to fact check the bullshit Biden dished out....not the I expect it to make any difference in the opinion of MSM......

don't even expect the lamstream media is going to give her a fair shake, their not...

the only ones she has to impress is the ones who will vote in Nov..I think she did that, but I already knew she could...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Basically a tie, IMHO, huk.

Neither delivered as expected.

10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Basically a tie, IMHO, huk.

Is this your new strategy? Declare every debate where the Democrats get trounced a tie and hope people wont watch repeats to find out for themselves.

retiredman
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I would agree, PB.... Biden did as well as was expected, and Palin did marginally better.

manu1959
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM

wow.....fox viewers say 80 - 12 to palin...

manu1959
10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
ok .... this just hit me....do you think she tanked the couric interview on purpose to set up low expectations to trounce biden....

retiredman
10-02-2008, 10:52 PM
wow.....fox viewers say 80 - 12 to palin...

faux viewers??? now THAT'S a surprise!!!:laugh2:

Little-Acorn
10-02-2008, 10:52 PM

Palin edged Biden on points, and did fairly well, not not as well as I expected. She talked too fast, and seemed to be very intent on hammering her points out rather than being the refreshing person she had been in Minneapolis. She also mssed several chances to debunk some flat lies Biden told, and to point ot whay some of the things Biden supported were bad for the country.

That said, she was pretty cool, calm, and collected. Showed good knowledge of many fields, including foreign policy and the economy. Afterward, a lot of pundits acted surprised that she was so well spoken and self-confident. Ummm, fellows, we knew that three weeks ago. Why do you act surprised? A few bash-all-conservative types have been screaming the usual silly things, trying to pretend there was something wrong with her firing of the trooper or her daughter's pregnancy, all the usual smear tactics. Were these pundits listening to that tripe instead of to Palin herself? Why?

Biden presented the usual liberal lines, and a normal number of whoppers (McCain no different from Bush, financial crisis resulted from too little Congressional involvement, climate change is caused by man etc.). As noted, Palin failed to follow up on the obvious lies, a point against her. She's got to be quicker on her feet than that when dealing with liberals,and get used to the idea that 50% of their rhetoric is false, the rest being fill.

Palin edged Biden mostly because she never lost her cool, and of course told more truth than he did, and thus scored a few more points. But Biden mostly held his own too. There was no clear winner.

stephanie
10-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I think they gave Biden a couple of Quaalude before the debate so he wouldn't get all excited and blow it...

gawd he was a yawner...

Palin was full of energy and speaking directly to the American people...

manu1959
10-02-2008, 10:56 PM
faux viewers??? now THAT'S a surprise!!!:laugh2:

over at dnc tv they have it the other way round...shocking.....how many times did good olde joe lie tonight.....

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Polls don't represent your point of view, LA, but I agree with some of what you have to say.

Palin edged Biden on points, and did fairly well, not not as well as I expected. She talked too fast, and seemed to be very intent on hammering her points out rather than being the refreshing person she had been in Minneapolis. She also mssed several chances to debunk some flat lies Biden told, and to point ot whay some of the things Biden supported were bad for the country.

That said, she was pretty cool, calm, and collected. Showed good knowledge of many fields, including foreign policy and the economy. Afterward, a lot of pundits acted surprised that she was so well spoken and self-confident. Ummm, fellows, we knew that three weeks ago. Why do you act surprised? A few bash-all-conservative types have been screaming the usual silly things, trying to pretend there was something wrong with her firing of the trooper or her daughter's pregnancy, all the usual smear tactics. Were these pundits listening to that tripe instead of to Palin herself? Why?

Biden presented the usual liberal lines, and a normal number of whoppers (McCain no different from Bush, financial crisis resulted from too little Congressional involvement, climate change is caused by man etc.). As noted, Palin failed to follow up on the obvious lies, a point against her. She's got to be quicker on her feet than that when dealing with liberals,and get used to the idea that 50% of their rhetoric is false, the rest being fill.

Palin edged Biden mostly because she never lost her cool, and of course told more truth than he did, and thus scored a few more points. But Biden mostly held his own too. There was no clear winner.

Why is about everybody here getting so damned defensive? Even I opened the thread rather complimentary of the debate including the opposition!!!!!!!!!

retiredman
10-02-2008, 11:02 PM
over at dnc tv they have it the other way round...shocking.....how many times did good olde joe lie tonight.....

you prove my point. non-scientific polls done by networks ain't worth shit.

next.

manu1959
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
you prove my point. non-scientific polls done by networks ain't worth shit.

next.

there is no such thing as an unbiased scientific poll......next

retiredman
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
there is no such thing as an unbiased scientific poll......next
that's why margins of error were invented......next.

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 11:18 PM
You are correct, mfm. How can there be any objective discussion with idiots that are so indoctrinated?

These idiots would rather you and I just disappear. I don't think jimbo created this board for such partisan and bigotted conversation. You do your part, mfm, and I promise I'll do mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manu1959
10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
You are correct, mfm. How can there be any objective discussion with idiots that are so indoctrinated?

These idiots would rather you and I just disappear. I don't think jimbo created this board for such partisan and bigotted conversation. You do your part, mfm, and I promise I'll do mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i forgot....us idiots are not suposed to question the "party"....please tell us what we are suposed to think and say.....

Yurt
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM

and what margin is scientific bad boy :lol:

manu1959
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM

how big was the margin of error when the exit polls got it exactly wrong last time.....

people lie......for example if i took a poll of your flock about if you were a dishonest serial caller and used profanity and claimed you didn't.....what would the margin of error be on that one.....

gabosaurus
10-02-2008, 11:23 PM
It was a LOT more boring than I thought it would be. In fact, I turned it off and watched the Dodger game instead.
I felt like Biden and Palen were asked too many questions that both had prepared answers for. There was little room for spontaneous responses. Neither had to think very much.

Most of all, there was too much bullshit. On both sides. Check out this AP analysis of the debate. I came away thinking that I didn't want either Biden or Palin to be president.

hursday when Republican Sarah Palin and Democrat Joe Biden clashed in the vice presidential debate.

Some examples:

PALIN: Said of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama: "94 times he voted to increase taxes or not support a tax reduction."

THE FACTS: The dubious count includes repetitive votes as well as votes to cut taxes for the middle class while raising them on the rich. An analysis by factcheck.org found that 23 of the votes were for measures that would have produced no tax increase at all, seven were in favor of measures that would have lowered taxes for many, 11 would have increased taxes on only those making more than $1 million a year.

———

BIDEN: Complained about "economic policies of the last eight years" that led to "excessive deregulation."

THE FACTS: Biden voted for 1999 deregulation that liberal groups are blaming for part of the financial crisis today. The law allowed Wall Street investment banks to create the kind of mortgage-related securities at the core of the problem now. The law was widely backed by Republicans as well as by Democratic President Clinton, who argues it has stopped the crisis today from being worse.

———

PALIN: "Two years ago, remember, it was John McCain who pushed so hard with the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reform measures. He sounded that warning bell."

THE FACTS: Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska led an effort in 2005 to tighten regulation on the mortgage underwriters — McCain joined as a co-sponsor a year later. The legislation was never taken up by the full Senate, then under Republican control.

———

BIDEN: Warned that Republican presidential candidate John McCain's $5,000 tax credit to help families buy health coverage "will go straight to the insurance company."

THE FACTS: Of course it would, because it's meant to pay for insurance. That's like saying money for a car loan will go straight to the car dealer.

———

PALIN: Claimed she has taken on the oil industry as Alaska governor.

THE FACTS: Palin pushed to impose a windfall profits tax on oil companies and distributed the proceeds to the state's citizens to offset rising energy costs. However, she has also sided with the industry on a number of issues. She sued the Interior Department over its designation of polar bears as an endangered species. That puts her on the same side as the American Petroleum Institute, the oil industry's chief trade association. She also supports the industry's desire to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge — a position at odds with McCain.

———

BIDEN: Said McCain supports tax breaks for oil companies, and "wants to give them another $4 billion tax cut."

THE FACTS: Biden is repeating a favorite saw of the Obama campaign, and it's misleading. McCain supports a cut in income taxes for all corporations, and doesn't single out any one industry for that benefit.

———

PALIN: Said the United States has reduced its troop level in Iraq to a number below where it was when the troop increase began in early 2007.

THE FACTS: Not correct. The Pentagon says there are currently 152,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, about 17,000 more than there were before the 2007 military buildup began.

———

BIDEN: "As a matter of fact, John recently wrote an article in a major magazine saying that he wants to do for the health care industry — deregulate it and let the free market move — like he did for the banking industry."

THE FACTS: Biden and Obama have been perpetuating this distortion of what McCain wrote in an article for the American Academy of Actuaries. McCain, laying out his health plan, only referred to deregulation when saying people should be allowed to buy health insurance across state lines. In that context, he wrote: "Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation."

———

PALIN: Said Alaska is "building a nearly $40 billion natural gas pipeline, which is North America's largest and most expensive infrastructure project ever to flow those sources of energy into hungry markets."

THE FACTS: Not quite. Construction is at least six years away. So far the state has only awarded a license to Trans Canada Corp., that comes with $500 million in seed money in exchange for commitments toward a lengthy and costly process to getting a federal certificate. At an August news conference after the state Legislature approved the license, Palin said, "It's not a done deal."

PALIN: "Barack Obama even supported increasing taxes as late as last year for those families making only $42,000 a year."

BIDEN: "The charge is absolutely not true. Barack Obama did not vote to raise taxes. The vote she's referring to, John McCain voted the exact same way."

THE FACTS: The vote was on a nonbinding budget resolution that assumed that President Bush's tax cuts would expire, as scheduled, in 2011. If that actually happened, it could mean higher taxes for people making as little as about $42,000. But Obama is proposing tax increases only on the wealthy, and would cut taxes for most others. In the March 14 budget resolution supported by Obama and Biden, McCain actually did not vote.

stephanie
10-02-2008, 11:23 PM

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/BigLag1.jpg

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 11:24 PM
As I recently admonished another member, a moderator nonetheless, you take yourself too seriously, m'59.

yes i forgot....us idiots are not suposed to question the "party"....please tell us what we are suposed to think and say.....

Just who is invading your feeble mind and telling you what to think? Have you spoken with your doctor about this?????????????

retiredman
10-02-2008, 11:25 PM
how big was the margin of error when the exit polls got it exactly wrong last time.....

people lie......for example if i took a poll of your flock about if you were a dishonest serial caller and used profanity and claimed you didn't.....what would the margin of error be on that one.....

you keep hoping against hope. I am fine with waiting until 11/08 to rub your nose in your own defeat. Will you have the guts to show up here the day after and sniff it all in? I doubt it!:laugh2:

manu1959
10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
you keep hoping against hope. I am fine with waiting until 11/05 to rub your nose in your own defeat. Will you have the guts to show up here the day after and sniff it all in? I doubt it!:laugh2:

i will be thrilled if the white man and the olde man win.......i cna't wait for four years of why they can't do anything.....i have been really disapointed with two years of nothing by the dem controlled congress.....damn i sure hope that changes....

i look forword tothe war ending......the world loving us agan.....taxes and spending increasing and the economy improving because of it....

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
You drinking again, m'59?

i will be thrilled if the white man and the olde man win.......i cna't wait for four years of why they can't do anything.....i have been really disapointed with two years of nothing by the dem controlled congress.....damn i sure hope that changes....

i look forword tothe war ending......the world loving us agan.....taxes and spending increasing and the economy improving because of it....

Perhaps you need to tell your doctor about that as well?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

retiredman
10-02-2008, 11:32 PM

we're on the same page!

manu1959
10-02-2008, 11:33 PM
we're on the same page!

what was it you said.....I am fine with waiting until 11/05 to rub your nose in your own defeat. Will you have the guts to show up here the day after and sniff it all in? I doubt it!

now which year....could i be talking about

Psychoblues
10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-02-2008, 11:57 PM
you keep hoping against hope. I am fine with waiting until 11/08 to rub your nose in your own defeat. Will you have the guts to show up here the day after and sniff it all in? I doubt it!:laugh2:

there is no party over country there...for the country has not been defeated.....oh wait, maybe so

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:05 AM
How strange?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!

there is no party over country there...for the country has not been defeated.....oh wait, maybe so

Are you in lala land again, yuk?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
How strange?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!

Are you in lala land again, yuk?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

care to translate...........in english........not.........beernglish?

theHawk
10-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I just watched most of the replay. Palin was good, but Biden managed to make some good points especially about the Iraq War. Its so painfully obvious that Biden would be a 10 times better President than Obama based on his experience alone.

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:21 AM
What part of it has you confused, dumbo?

care to translate...........in english........not.........beernglish?

I quoted what confused me from your own jibberish. Are you one of those Pentecostal tongue talkers that cannot interpret your own words?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:25 AM
What part of it has you confused, dumbo?

I quoted what confused me from your own jibberish. Are you one of those Pentecostal tongue talkers that cannot interpret your own words?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i can give you a link to an english language institute if you like

come on psydeshow...stop bullcowpying...

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I never doubted that you couldn't explain your out of place comment, yuk.

i can give you a link to an english language institute if you like

come on psydeshow...stop bullcowpying...

You are such a sideshow!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, I now understand fully why you are not practising the craft that you claim to have achieved competency!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:49 AM
I never doubted that you couldn't explain your out of place comment, yuk.

You are such a sideshow!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, I now understand fully why you are not practising the craft that you claim to have achieved competency!!!!!!!!!

stop mimicking me...psydeshow....it does not behoove you and you are better than that

DragonStryk72
10-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Alright, well, so far, from what I'm getting from the board: Essentially, everyone here pretty much maintained the opinion they had going in. the people looking for something out of McCain went with Pallin, and people looking for something on Obama's side went with Biden.

As far as the "winner" goes, that again depends on who you ask, and how they scored the points. This is the problem, is that there is too much spin these days to get a real feel for how things played out.

Yurt
10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Alright, well, so far, from what I'm getting from the board: Essentially, everyone here pretty much maintained the opinion they had going in. the people looking for something out of McCain went with Pallin, and people looking for something on Obama's side went with Biden.

As far as the "winner" goes, that again depends on who you ask, and how they scored the points. This is the problem, is that there is too much spin these days to get a real feel for how things played out.

you are wrong....again

try reading up before you post stuff....like the last time you posted stuff about amendments...

seriously

edit:

and check mr. p's thread about the debate

Psychoblues
10-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Your claimed education belies your intelligence, dumbo.

you are wrong....again

try reading up before you post stuff....like the last time you posted stuff about amendments...

seriously

Now, just who is that sideshow again?

PostmodernProphet
10-03-2008, 04:22 AM

lol, he had MSNBC pegged to a T....Olberman was having an orgasm before the debate about how bad she was going to be.....and spent the afterglow talking about her lies.....

PostmodernProphet
10-03-2008, 04:25 AM

ya got that right, Palin didn't tank and Biden didn't beat her handily......they didn't deliver as expected.....

Noir
10-03-2008, 05:15 AM
I haven't been able to listen to the whole debate yet, but from what I ahve herd I thought it was quite close but biden edged it, though I don't think either were terribly good, but all in all (of what I've seen) it was a pretty uneventful and dull debate, probably suiting both sides

Trigg
10-03-2008, 06:19 AM
It was a LOT more boring than I thought it would be. In fact, I turned it off and watched the Dodger game instead.
I felt like Biden and Palen were asked too many questions that both had prepared answers for. There was little room for spontaneous responses. Neither had to think very much.

Most of all, there was too much bullshit. On both sides. Check out this AP analysis of the debate. I came away thinking that I didn't want either Biden or Palin to be president.

This is actually helpful. Of course we assume, or at least I do, they're exaggerating their record and trashing the opposition.

I thought Palin was truthful and honest, something we don't see much from politicians these days. She is a good debater, but still looked a bit out of her element on some issues.

Biden came off as more knowledgeable on the issues. Which would be expected since he's been in Washington longer. For example where Palin was vague, Biden named the time and date of legislation.

I thought both were complimentary to each other and it looked like both enjoyed the debate. Unlike Obama and McCain who looked ready to hit the other.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Given what the liberal media is saying about Gov Palin - you know she did very well

Matthews: Palin Looked Into Camera Like a 'Dolt'
By Geoffrey Dickens
October 3, 2008 - 01:45 ET

After the vice presidential debate Chris Matthews criticized Sarah Palin for, of all things, looking into the camera because it made her look like a "dolt." In fact, the "Hardball," host took several stylistic shots at Palin that implied the Alaska Governor wasn't very intelligent.

When guest panelist Roger Simon noted Palin looked directly into the camera, Matthews observed:

You know what I think of people when they come on "Hardball," and they look at the camera, I think they're dolts.

In addition to the "dolt," remark Matthews viewed Palin's performance as "so reciting," and "automatic," "like a spelling bee," and charged:

The dangerous thing about these debates is that you can really recite your way to victory. You can memorize an awful lot of material and get away with it as intelligence, when in fact, it's just really good preparation.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/10/03/matthews-palin-looked-camera-dolt

jimnyc
10-03-2008, 06:34 AM
I thought it was an excellent debate and both candidates held their own, which in itself was a victory for Palin. I don't think either made any major mistakes nor did either make any major strikes against the other. But the fact that Biden didn't "chew her up" as so many predicted shows that Sarah can hang with the big boys.

Slight edge to Palin, which I think will bump their ticket in the polls in the upcoming days.

On to Tuesday and round 2 of McCain/Obama!

red states rule
10-03-2008, 06:39 AM
I thought it was an excellent debate and both candidates held their own, which in itself was a victory for Palin. I don't think either made any major mistakes nor did either make any major strikes against the other. But the fact that Biden didn't "chew her up" as so many predicted shows that Sarah can hang with the big boys.

Slight edge to Palin, which I think will bump their ticket in the polls in the upcoming days.

Speaking of round 2 of McCain/Obama - have you seen where some on the left are saying Tom can't be fair to Obama?

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/10/the-tom-brokaw.html

retiredman
10-03-2008, 08:04 AM

tha't great. I am looking forward to an Obama administration myself!

retiredman
10-03-2008, 08:05 AM

of course the COUNTRY will not have been defeated, but McCain supporters will have to admit that they backed a loser. wouldn't you agree?

red states rule
10-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Biden did give us several gaffes last night - including this one. Now if Gov Palin did this, the liberal media would be all over it

Biden Being Biden
By Rusty Weiss
October 3, 2008 - 08:32 ET

Remember the furor and the comedic punch lines as a result of Sarah Palin’s statement that she needed someone to clarify the role of the Vice President? Well, brace yourselves for a similarly overwhelming media reaction to Joe Biden’s solution on where one can locate the definition of the Vice President’s role – Article I of the Constitution.

Problem being, it’s actually Article II.

To most, this will simply constitute another famous Biden gaffe. However, Biden was so forceful and patronizing in his argument during last night’s debate that Dick Cheney should realize ‘Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president,’ that it bears pointing out.

The full excerpt from the debate follows:

Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we’ve had probably in American history. The idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

Article I of the Constitution merely covers the Vice President’s role in tie-breaking votes. It encompasses the powers bestowed upon the Legislative Branch of government.

Article II on the other hand, focuses on the Executive Branch of government, comprising the President, the Vice President, other executive officers, and their role in government.

I’m not sure where Biden was going with this statement, perhaps hinting that Cheney should have stuck to tie-breaking votes rather than actually being a productive member of government, but surely this gaffe will become a sound bite for the media to use against him. Sarah knows…

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rusty-weiss/2008/10/03/biden-being-biden

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:26 AM
unbiased opinion: I know shocking right?

:lol:

boxing scoring: 12 round fight

115-112

out of 100%: 53-47

football score 44-40

for your winner

Jolting Joe BIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN

red states rule
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
unbiased opinion: I know shocking right?

:lol:

boxing scoring: 12 round fight

115-112

out of 100%: 53-47

football score 44-40

for your winner

Jolting Joe BIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN

Was there another debate on last night? We must have seen 2 different debates Martin

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Biden is a polished debater, sarah did a good overall, with some excellent points, and bland points mixed in, overall held her own

its not a diss on my part.

some disagree with my analysis, thats life :laugh2:

Was there another debate on last night? We must have seen 2 different debates Martin

red states rule
10-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Biden is a polished debater, sarah did a good overall, with some excellent points, and bland points mixed in, overall held her own

its not a diss on my part.

some disagree with my analysis, thats life :laugh2:

Biden told at least 10 lies, 1 flip flop, and 1 minor gaffe. How is that a win Martin?

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
i need a fact check verification on that.

and then i may have to reconsider.

but, then a democratic member will probably send me a link to reconsider as well

Biden told at least 10 lies, 1 flip flop, and 1 minor gaffe. How is that a win Martin?

red states rule
10-03-2008, 09:41 AM
i need a fact check verification on that.

and then i may have to reconsider.

but, then a democratic member will probably send me a link to reconsider as well

It is easy. All of them are factual lies, no debate on them. that is why Alan Colmes was so pissed and would not let Rove and Morris talk

Little-Acorn
10-03-2008, 10:39 AM
A few people here have noted that there is so much spin going on nowadays, it's practically impossible to judge how the debaters actually did.

Well, that's true as far as it goes. You can't draw any conclusions based on what the media is saying. You have to actually watch the debate yourself, and make up your own mind.

Personal responsibility rears its ugly head again. What a concept....

Given what the liberal media is saying about Gov Palin - you know she did very well

RSR may have hit upon the only way, even a half-fast one, of judging how well Sarah Palin did based on media reactions.

If the mainstream media keeps up its hysterical bashing and smearing of everything Palin that they have been using for the last month, then you know they are VERY scared of her. That's probably a surer sign of her ascendency than anything else the leftists will come up with.

It will be an interesting next few weeks.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I knew palin wasnt stupid, and quickly figured out the media was doing everything it could to lie and smear her, it was a close debate, it couldve gone either way, you could say either one won.

I just think joe edged it out.

i dont think thats a smear of palin or anyone

gabosaurus
10-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Debate are less about what happened in the actual event and more about how effective each side spins the event. At the present time, the GOP spinners appear to have an edge over the Dem spinners.
DP members could have posted this thread yesterday morning, since the actual debates have zero to do with how everyone feels. I am sure RSR and Stephanie are working diligently as we speak, digging up extreme right-wing garbage to post in this space. Since they have nothing better to do with their time.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Debate are less about what happened in the actual event and more about how effective each side spins the event. At the present time, the GOP spinners appear to have an edge over the Dem spinners.
DP members could have posted this thread yesterday morning, since the actual debates have zero to do with how everyone feels. I am sure RSR and Stephanie are working diligently as we speak, digging up extreme right-wing garbage to post in this space. Since they have nothing better to do with their time.

Whats wrong Gabby? Upset Gov Palin showed how postitive, smart, and down to earth she is?

As I said, all anyone has to do is how pissed off libs are to know she did a damn fine job last night

10-03-2008, 11:05 AM
tha't great. I am looking forward to an Obama administration myself!

Whether you believe me or not, I can promise you that if Obama wins at some point youll be looking back fondly at the Bush administration.

stephanie
10-03-2008, 11:07 AM

and you know what they say about opinions and buttholes..

everyone has one..:coffee:

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
and you know what they say about opinions and buttholes..

everyone has one..:coffee:

and they all stink

Yurt
10-03-2008, 11:25 AM
of course the COUNTRY will not have been defeated, but McCain supporters will have to admit that they backed a loser. wouldn't you agree?

in as much as you backed two losers...gore and kerry....

red states rule
10-03-2008, 11:32 AM
in as much as you backed two losers...gore and kerry....

don't forget McGovern, Carter, and Dukakis

stephanie
10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
another loser

the hounddog-----------Bj Clinton:laugh2:

Trigg
10-03-2008, 11:39 AM
MSNBC this morning was talking about it's "Truth Squad" and seems they found plenty of exaggerations and misinformation coming from the candidates.

They are airing the debate tomorrow (I think), with the truth squads findings running at the bottom. That way we can hear what they're saying, and see the actual truth at the same time.

In the debate for instance they both faulted the other's running mate with voting against troop spending. Seems both did actually do that on different bills.

McCain voted against it because there was a pullout time line
Obama voted against it because there wasn't a pullout time line.

I think we can fairly say that all 3 (Biden, McCain and Palin) are going to do all they can for the troops since they have children either in Iraq right now, or are being deployed.

Little-Acorn
10-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Debate are less about what happened in the actual event and more about how effective [sic] each side spins the event.
Again, gabby comes through with a classic definition of liberal "reality". Truth doesn't matter, what actually happened doesn't matter. Only what various PR flacks said about the event, no matter how farfetched or outright false, is what the leftists believe is important.

Or, as Stalin said, "The truth is whatever serves the Soviet Union!" (insert the name of your favorite country here)

Or as another leftist "Information minister" said, "If you tell a big enough lie, and repeat it often enough, people will start to believe it, and it becomes the truth."

Sadly, people like gabby must subscribe to this line of "thought". Because their agenda is based on the kind of lies that Biden recited throughout the debate, and cannot be defended where actual truth is involved. They must make up their "facts", and hope they can find enough gullible people to believe them, so that they "become the truth".

It's sad to see the depths the once-great Democrat party has fallen to.

stephanie
10-03-2008, 12:29 PM
It's not the Democrat party any longer..

they should just come on out and call it what it really is...quit pretending, it's not working anyway..

they are now and have been for some time---THE SOCIALIST PARTY of the United States..

red states rule
10-03-2008, 01:53 PM
One of the highlights of the debate

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHH3rzVanb8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHH3rzVanb8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

emmett
10-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Now since everyone has had the opportunity to "SPIN" things their way, I will be happy to tell you what really happened in the debate from my usual non-biused Libertarian point of view.

Final Score: Palin 5 Biden 3 (out of a possible ten)

Palin anylsis:
Palin edged out Joe Biden and anyone who saw the debate pretty much knows it! She was very "casual", straightforward and apparently as genuine as one with limited knowledge of the issues can be. She did dodge a couple of the question direct subject matter which was of course a direct attempt to display her product knowledge of those matters feeling more confident resorting back to her "soccer mom" and grass roots personna. To me, it's getting a little old however, as the "new" in Sarah Palin is wearing off! She passed by the opportunity to call Joe Biden out on some untruths however that could have been because she didn't have enough fact knowledge to know he was fabricating the details. Her personality continues to be iden certainly could not contend with. Overall score: 5 of 10

Biden anylsis:
Biden lived up to his name. He was Biden his time! As the astute political philosopher Stephanie said, B O R I N G! Look....Joe is a boring guy! Last night he displayed why only 1% of Democrats voted for him in the primaries. His distortions of the facts were obvious, his recall is completely inaccurate and did I mention that he is boring! Obama has demonstrated in his first executive example of decision making that he would choose folks like Biden to fill important government posts. Biden used his talking points OK, and seemed as usual to be knowledgeable of what the problems were but made no real subject matter strikes against Sarah Palin. His comment that if something happened to President Obama and he become president would be a tradegy of historic proportions was "exactly accurate". For this he receives 3 out of 10.

In closing I would have to say that an average Libertarian sitting in their living room is more qualified to be vice president than either of these two. Yes, I feel I am more qualified to be president than either of them as well. A Libertarian would have removed their asses from their frame last night as they would have brought up real substantive issues such as abuses of civil liberty, the ridiculous war on drugs and how ineffective and confusing our present tax code is. They would not have had to be asked the questions as a clever person could have easily interjected these issues into answers to the lame questions they received.

Palin certainly performed better than our lefties on here claimed she would.
Biden certainly performed better than the righties said he would.

That's a rap! The "spin" really stops here as I'm looking out for you!

Yurt
10-03-2008, 06:42 PM
i concur:

A Libertarian would have removed their asses from their frame last night as they would have brought up real substantive issues such as abuses of civil liberty, the ridiculous war on drugs and how ineffective and confusing our present tax code is. They would not have had to be asked the questions as a clever person could have easily interjected these issues into answers to the lame questions they received.

bullypulpit
10-03-2008, 06:47 PM

Facts generally do bore those unable to deal with them.

manu1959
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM

yes like his reference to the bosniaks....or his un resoultion.....or hezbolah /hamas....

what kind of tv do you think fdr had in 29....

Yurt
10-03-2008, 07:20 PM

why must you insult your party leaders?

red states rule
10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
why must you insult your party leaders?

Is it our fault libs are to lazy to think?

Binky
10-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Oh......but he has such a gorgeous smile........:banana:

Binky
10-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Actually, it was much easier to sit and watch than normally. I enjoyed watching it this time. They smiled and yapped. :D And then smiled and yapped some more. :clap: