PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank on O'Reilly

red states rule
10-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Barney Frank has had this coming for a long time

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yrfPMa3lONU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yrfPMa3lONU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Classact
10-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Wonder why all the networks aren't playing the same spot? I hope Bill makes this puke famous!!!

red states rule
10-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Wonder why all the networks aren't playing the same spot? I hope Bill makes this puke famous!!!

When busted, Frank played the role of the offended liberal. He knows damn well he had a large part in the mess we are in, but he wants to pass the buck to others

Bill would not let him get away with it

Gaffer
10-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't think franks will go back on the The Factor anytime soon.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't think franks will go back on the The Factor anytime soon.

Frank will stay on shows where he knows he will be safe, and allowed to sprew his lies without being called on them

IOW, any show on LSDMSNBC

Gaffer
10-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Frank will stay on shows where he knows he will be safe, and allowed to sprew his lies without being called on them

Which translates to any media but FOX.

Libs will stay well clear of FOX this month. Sarah can get another big push in Oct by going on O' Reilly.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Which translates to any media but FOX.

Libs will stay well clear of FOX this month. Sarah can get another big push in Oct by going on O' Reilly.

Time will tell. I do expect Palin/McCain to get a bump in the polls.

I hope Palin hits the trail, and she tells the handlers to back off.

I find it funny as hell loibs say they will stand tall to the terrorists, yet they are scared to death of Fox News

Classact
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
When busted, Frank played the role of the offended liberal. He knows damn well he had a large part in the mess we are in, but he wants to pass the buck to others

Bill would not let him get away with itBefore Frank came on the factor I was talking with my wife about Frank and how he reminded me of the 1967 movie Divorce American Style http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061581/ there was a scene in the movie where the guy got caught screwing another woman by his wife and he denied it while dressing as the woman dressed and departed ... by the time he was fully dressed he had born the term deny, deny... deny and his wife almost apologized for doubting her husband being faithful to her... after watching the spot on O'Reilly my wife laughed out loud...

red states rule
10-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Before Frank came on the factor I was talking with my wife about Frank and how he reminded me of the 1967 movie Divorce American Style http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061581/ there was a scene in the movie where the guy got caught screwing another woman by his wife and he denied it while dressing as the woman dressed and departed ... by the time he was fully dressed he had born the term deny, deny... deny and his wife almost apologized for doubting her husband being faithful to her... after watching the spot on O'Reilly my wife laughed out loud...

Good example CA

I am convinced that Franks is a corrupt liar, based solely on what Franks has said. He had exactly 30 seconds to show that he would be willing to accept some responsibility for what has happened. Instead he blamed the Republicans and the Senate and didn't admit to being wrong, or to even saying what he said.

What arrogrance

Yurt
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
i only wish o'reilly would have taken obama to task as good as this...barney got pwnd

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
hahahaha

chris mathews and keith olberman have a stiffy for obama, thats why their s angry and (sexually) frustrated

Joe Steel
10-03-2008, 11:05 AM
O'Reilly is one of the most despicable creatures on the face of the earth. Only those who believe him are worse.

All he did was rant and rave. He never presented a cogent or even rational argument for his position.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 11:10 AM
O'Reilly is one of the most despicable creatures on the face of the earth. Only those who believe him are worse.

All he did was rant and rave. He never presented a cogent or even rational argument for his position.

You mean he does not allow libs (or anyone else) to lie and get away with it. The tape he played of Barney nailed his ass to the wall - and he was not allowed to lie about it

Joe Steel
10-03-2008, 11:14 AM
You mean he does not allow libs (or anyone else) to lie and get away with it. The tape he played of Barney nailed his ass to the wall - and he was not allowed to lie about it

O'Reilly didn't let Frank get-in a word. That's not a discussion. It's a rant and it doesn't serve anyone except misfits, malcontents and miscreants.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 11:16 AM
O'Reilly didn't let Frank get-in a word. That's not a discussion. It's a rant and it doesn't serve anyone except misfits, malcontents and miscreants.

You mean Bill would not let Barney LIE and try to pass the buck on his FAILURES

Watch the tape of what Frank said years ago, then he tries to lie with a straight face that he never said it

Abbey Marie
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
If Michael Brown ("Brownie") had to fall on his sword for the Katrina disaster, Franks should have to do the same for this even bigger disaster.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
If Mickael Brown ("Brownie") had to fall on his sword for the Katrina disaster, Franks should have to do the same for this even bigger disaster.

No Barney will hold the sword for someone else to fall on it; preferably a Republican

Little-Acorn
10-03-2008, 01:59 PM
The roots of the financial crisis began in 1977 under Jimmy Carter, who signed the Community Reinvestment Act into law, requiring banks to lend to risky low-income buyers for purposes of being politically correct. Pressure to lend to people who couldn't afford the payments, was increased in 1994 during the Clinton administration as Democrats tried to buy more and more votes, loosening rules to allow more lawsuits if banks' lending didn't meet various low-income and racial quotas.

Barney Frank become chief of the House Banking committee after Democrats took over Congress in January 2007, and made statements contributing to the crisis. When O'Reilly tried to remind him of that last night, Frank started talking fast, changing the subject, attacking the messenger etc. And O'Reilly let him have it.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,432173,00.html

Bill O'Reilly Battles Rep. Barney Frank Over Financial Crisis

Friday, October 03, 2008

This is a rush transcript from "The O'Reilly Factor," October 2, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

BILL O'REILLY, HOST: "Personal story" segment tonight, the financial chaos in this country is largely the fault of the citizens who cannot pay their obligations, banks who lent money to unqualified people, and the federal government which failed to provide oversight. Both political parties are to blame as I've stated.

Now "The Factor" has called on SEC Chairman Christopher Cox to resign, Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd to quit, and House Finance Chief Barney Frank to step down from his position. That's because for the past two years, Frank and his committee oversaw Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — two government sponsored lending agencies which pretty much are bankrupt.

Congressman Frank was asked about Freddie and Fannie on July 14, 2008:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

RelatedColumn Archive
Bill O'Reilly Battles Rep. Barney Frank Over Financial Crisis'The Obama Chronicles' Looks at the Senator's Worldview'The Obama Chronicles' Examines the Democratic Presidential Candidate's Tax PhilosophyBill O'Reilly and John Kerry Shoot It Out Over Economic CrisisNewt Gingrich on Why He Strongly Opposes the BailoutFull-page Interview Archive

Video
Watch the 'Factor' face-off Show Info
Airs M-F at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET
E-mail the Show: oreilly@foxnews.com Bill O'Reilly's Bio Talking Points Archive Interview Archive Signed Copies of 'The O'Reilly Factor' Book REP. BARNEY FRANK, D-MASS.: I think this is a case where Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, that they are not in danger of going under. They're not the best investments these days from the long-term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward.

They're in a housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid. And in fact, we're going to do some things that are going to improve them.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Well, obviously, that statement turned out not to be true.

Joining us now from Washington is Congressman Frank. And we appreciate you coming in, being a standup guy, but shouldn't everybody in the country be angry with you right now?

• Video: Watch 'The Factor' face-off

FRANK: No. You've misrepresented this consistently. I became chairman of the committee on January 31st, 2007. Less than two months later, I did what the Republicans hadn't been able to do in 12 years — get through the committee a very tough regulatory bill. And it passed the House in May.

I've always felt two things about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, that they had an important role to play, but that the regulations should be improved.

Now from 1995 to 2006, when the Republicans controlled Congress and we were in the minority, we couldn't get that done. Although in 2005, Mike Oxley, of Sarbanes-Oxley fame, a pretty tough guy on regulation, did try to put a bill through to regulate Fannie Mae. I worked with him on it. As he told The Financial Times, he thought ideological rigidity in the Bush administration stopped that.

But the basic point is that the first time I had any real authority over this was January of 2007. And within two months, we had passed the bill that regulated.

O'REILLY: OK. And that's true, all of that is true.

FRANK: And then also, one other point: The Senate was dragging its feet, as often happens. And in January of 2008, I asked Secretary Paulson to put in the stimulus bill. So, the earliest chance I got to put tough regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, we did it.

O'REILLY: All right, that's swell. But you still went out in July and said everything was great. And off that, a lot of people bought stock and lost everything they had.

FRANK: Oh, no.

O'REILLY: And — yes, oh yes. Oh, yes.

FRANK: I said it wasn't a good investment. Please stop yelling.

O'REILLY: Don't give me any of that, we just heard the words. What are you…

FRANK: That's wrong.

O'REILLY: You didn't say that? You want me to play it again for you?

FRANK: You didn't listen to it.

O'REILLY: No, I listened to every word you said. And I have the transcript right here.

FRANK: No, and I said it wasn't a good investment.

O'REILLY: Yes, you said going forward, we're going to be swell.

FRANK: No, I didn't say swell. Excuse me, Bill.

O'REILLY: Look, from August '07 to August '08.

FRANK: Excuse me, Bill.

O'REILLY: Don't — look, stop the B.S. here. Stop the crap! From August '07 to August '08…

FRANK: You know, here's the problem going on your show...

O'REILLY: …under your tutelage, this industry…

FRANK: Here is the problem going on your show.

O'REILLY: …declined 90 percent. 90 percent.

FRANK: Yes, but…

O'REILLY: Oh, none of this was your fault! Oh, no. People lost millions of dollars. It wasn't your fault. Come on, you coward! Say the truth.

FRANK: What do you mean coward?

O'REILLY: You're a coward. You blame everybody else. You're a coward.

FRANK: Bill, here's the problem with going on your show. You start ranting. And the only way to respond is almost to look as boorish as you. But here's the facts. I specifically said in the quote you just played that I didn't think it was a good investment. I wasn't telling anybody to buy stock. I said it wasn't a good investment.

Secondly, I wasn't presiding idly over this. I was trying to get the regulations adopted. We got them adopted in May.

O'REILLY: Look, bottom line is you're there two years. Bottom line is stock drops 90 percent.

FRANK: Yes.

O'REILLY: In any private industry, you're out.

FRANK: We couldn't get…

O'REILLY: In any private concern, you're out on your butt. But not here in the federal government.

You can come in and make every excuse in the world.

FRANK: I'm not making excuses.

O'REILLY: Blame everybody else in the world and then call me boorish.

FRANK: I'm not going to be bullied by your ranting. You can rant all you want, you're not going to shut me up! The problem was that we passed in 1994, in fact.

O'REILLY: Now we're back to 1994. This is bull. This is why Americans don't trust the government.

FRANK: No, this is why your stupidity gets in the way of rational discussion.

The fact is it was 1994 that we passed a bill to tell the Fed to stop the subprime lending. We tried to get them to do it. The first time we were in power again in 2007, we passed the bill to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

So during the two years I was there…

O'REILLY: Look, Congressman, you tried to put a happy face on this in July.

FRANK: I'm not putting a happy face on anything.

O'REILLY: You tried to — and now you won't take the.

FRANK: No.

O'REILLY: Look, at least Cox is man enough.

FRANK: I said….

O'REILLY: At least Cox is man enough to say he screwed up. You're not.

FRANK: Hey, Bill. This manliness stuff is very unbecoming from you. I don't see any…

O'REILLY: Cox is man enough to say he screwed up. You're not.

(CROSSTALK)

FRANK: You think toughness is yelling and ranting and trying to bully. It's not going to work with me. The fact is in the very quote you played, I said it's not a good investment. I tried to get the regulations adopted.

O'REILLY: You said going forward, it's going to be swell. And people under that bought stock in that, thought it was a good investment.

FRANK: I didn't say swell. I didn't say swell. No, I said in fact in that quote that you played and didn't listen to because you're busy ranting that it's not a good investment. I said that at the time. I did think we were going to improve things going forward. Yes, we had some things that needed improvement.

O'REILLY: All right, you want to — here, let me read you your quote here. OK? OK? "I do think the prospects going forward are very solid."

FRANK: But that's not the part about it not being a good investment.

O'REILLY: Now, people bought stock when you said that.

FRANK: You are distorting it. Bill, you're lying by your words.

O'REILLY: This is what you said.

FRANK: What about the part where…

O'REILLY: Not lying. And I played it and I read it.

FRANK: What about the part where I said it wasn't a good investment?

O'REILLY: You said it's not the best right now, but going forward this is going to be solid.

FRANK: Right…

O'REILLY: People lost millions.

FRANK: I didn't say solid, I didn't say swell. You distort consistently. And you think ranting and raving…

O'REILLY: All right.

FRANK: …you don't want to talk about 1994, like no history is relevant. The fact is that you had a problem with an administration — conservative.

(CROSSTALK)

O'REILLY: I know, it's all the conservatives, it's all the Republicans and not you.

FRANK: Oh, come on.

O'REILLY: None on you. That's a joke.

FRANK: You won't have a rational discussion.

O'REILLY: That's a joke.

FRANK: The joke is to think I could have a rational discussion with you. You're ranting.

O'REILLY: No, the joke is both parties are at fault, as I stated. But one guy Cox says yes, I screwed up.

FRANK: That's a totally different issue.

O'REILLY: And one guy Frank says it's everybody else's fault.

FRANK: No, I didn't say it was everybody else's fault.

O'REILLY: It's your fault.

FRANK: You are the most — you don't listen at all, or maybe you are listening or you're too dumb to understand.

O'REILLY: I am too dumb, Congressman.

FRANK: The fact is that in — yes.

O'REILLY: No, you hit it, I'm too dumb. You're the brilliant guy.

FRANK: In 2007.

O'REILLY: You're the brilliant guy who presided over the biggest financial collapse in federal history.

FRANK: Oh, no, no, no.

O'REILLY: So you're the — I'm the dumb guy. You're the brilliant guy.

(CROSSTALK)

FRANK: Under the Bush administration…

(CROSSTALK)

FRANK: And the fact is…

O'REILLY: Congressman, thanks very much. We got to run.

namvet
10-03-2008, 05:11 PM
its more fun to watch. ole Bill did snap his cap.

RAuOEdttjZQ

theHawk
10-03-2008, 05:14 PM
That guy just looks like a complete bafoon. And he really is one. That scumbag should be thrown out of office.

Yurt
10-03-2008, 05:58 PM
That guy just looks like a complete bafoon. And he really is one. That scumbag should be thrown out of office.

yes

namvet
10-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd love to to take a baseball bat ta the cocksuckers head

Yurt
10-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd love to to take a baseball bat ta the cocksuckers head

:poke:

emmett
10-03-2008, 06:51 PM
O'Reilly bullied the poor defenseless Miss Frank. His continual barage of facts almost knocked her out of her chair. It was ugly. O'Reilly was very disrespectful but Frank is a liar and should be removed. O'Reilly could have made a much more credible argument by taking his time and not raving like a loony! He losing his professional edge!

Miss Frank on the other hand has clearly engaged in deceptive behavior while being in charge of a very important responsibility to the people of the United States. For this he should be called up immediately. How he dosen't resign immediately is shameful! I'm almost embarrassed for the girl! I think he should resign quickly, get a sex change operation to conceal her identity and hide away in Holland somewhere in a townhouse with his lover(s) where he blend in and not be found. At his age he would not be able to survive in years the sentence that Judge Emmett would hand down for his criminal behavior in deceiving the American people.

O'Reilly on the other hand is teaching me why I am glad i listen to radio instead of watch television regularly. As the mainstream press move farther left he continues to move farther nuts.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 06:54 PM
O'Reilly bullied the poor defenseless Miss Frank. His continual barage of facts almost knocked her out of her chair. It was ugly. O'Reilly was very disrespectful but Frank is a liar and should be removed. O'Reilly could have made a much more credible argument by taking his time and not raving like a loony! He losing his professional edge!

Miss Frank on the other hand has clearly engaged in deceptive behavior while being in charge of a very important responsibility to the people of the United States. For this he should be called up immediately. How he dosen't resign immediately is shameful! I'm almost embarrassed for the girl! I think he should resign quickly, get a sex change operation to conceal her identity and hide away in Holland somewhere in a townhouse with his lover(s) where he blend in and not be found. At his age he would be able to survive in years the sentence that Judge Emmett would hand down for his criminal behavior in deceiving the American people.

O'Reilly on the other hand is teaching me why I am glad i listen to radio instead of watch television regularly. As the mainstream press move farther left he continues to move farther nuts.

Bill said and did everything I would have done. Frank is a sack of shit who helped screw over the economy, cost people money and jobs

Abbey Marie
10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Yes, O'Reilly was unusually loud, but I think it's time someone gets good and angry about the way people like Barney are screwing us over.

red states rule
10-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Yes, O'Reilly was unusually loud, but I think it's time someone gets good and angry about the way people like Barney are screwing us over.

Bill was calm compared to how I would be Abbey

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 07:56 PM

:clap: absolutely right

red states rule
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
:clap: absolutely right

Now if only McCain and Republicnas would go after Frank and the Dems like Bill did

Sitarro
10-04-2008, 03:50 AM

Why should he? That fat slob-faggot-Barney would have just told more lies, who could possibly care what he has to say. This was easily O'Reilly at his very best.

Gaffer
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Why should he? That fat slob-faggot-Barney would have just told more lies, who could possibly care what he has to say. This was easily O'Reilly at his very best.

Yes it was. For once O' Reilly pulled out the stops and didn't worry about getting future interviews.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Yes it was. For once O' Reilly pulled out the stops and didn't worry about getting future interviews.

you think he pulled punches with clinton and obama?

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 05:36 PM

:laugh2:

im sorry but that was funny :coffee: :dance: