PDA

View Full Version : why is their so much intellectual dishonesty in politics

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
let me give you an example

democrats have controlled both the house and senate for the last two years, but complain about bush for the last two years.

I dont re-call bush vetoing much of anything from the dems lately

Now, im not letting republicans off the hook but cant we be honest or does blind party allegiance trump everything around here?

Joe Steel
10-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately, we let almost anyone, including malcontents, misfits and miscreants, vote. They're quite numerous and, of course, always vote Republicon. That makes politics dirty and stupid.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Unfortunately, we let almost anyone, including malcontents, misfits and miscreants, vote. They're quite numerous and, of course, always vote Republicon. That makes politics dirty and stupid.

75% true, 25% bullshit

75% true

we let almost anyone, including malcontents, misfits and miscreants, vote. They're quite numerous

yes we let anyone vote, wanna give them an i.q. test?

25% bullshit

and, of course, always vote Republicon. That makes politics dirty and stupid.[/QUOTE]

partisan non-sense, they vote for the two major parties.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
when i read what you wrote i cant help but think

"the man who takes no account of himself, and only account of others, is the man that is most dangerous to me"

Trigg
10-03-2008, 11:45 AM

democrats have controlled both the house and senate for the last two years, but complain about bush for the last two years.

Now, im not letting republicans off the hook but cant we be honest or does blind party allegiance trump everything around here?

I follow the "if a politician's mouth is moving, he's probably lying about something" rule of thumb when dealing with them.

Both parties are at fault for the idiotic mess we're in right now, sadly there is so much finger pointing going on right now I doubt they fix anything.

On a side note: Joe....your an idiot if you think Dem's never lie.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
that is the rule i have adopted lately actually

I thought as the debate was going on, their probably right and wrong

i.e. lying, and probably a sprinkle of truth somewhere :laugh2:

I follow the "if a politician's mouth is moving, he's probably lying about something" rule of thumb when dealing with them.

Both parties are at fault for the idiotic mess we're in right now, sadly there is so much finger pointing going on right now I doubt they fix anything.

On a side note: Joe....your an idiot if you think Dem's never lie.

retiredman
10-03-2008, 12:09 PM

do you understand anything about the rules in the Senate and the concept of cloture?

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Not really to be honest. but if you care to share any wisdom or links you know im game. I will most likely be voting for a third party candidate/be joining a third party because i dont believe either party cares about the american people

do you understand anything about the rules in the Senate and the concept of cloture?

retiredman
10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Not really to be honest. but if you care to share any wisdom or links you know im game. I will most likely be voting for a third party candidate/be joining a third party because i dont believe either party cares about the american people

If you do not understand how the minority republicans can thwart the will of the democrats in the senate, then your compaints about the lack of action by the part of the democrats in congress are really the babblings of an idiot, n'est ce pas?

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
If you had said, did you know that republicans can thwart democrats i would say, and then i would remind you, it works both ways.

I wonder why you need to use big words, and insult me?

should republicans not be in any position of power, and then democrats can get something done?

neither party in my judgment has done shit, just thought id throw that in their for full disclosure purposes

I just dont see why you need to put me down, just cause i dont know everything.

I find government matters, stupid.

I could find things you dont know, and make you look stupid you know

People with aspergers are highly intelligent, and i can provide links if you dont believe me

If you do not understand how the minority republicans can thwart the will of the democrats in the senate, then your compaints about the lack of action by the part of the democrats in congress are really the babblings of an idiot, n'est ce pas?

retiredman
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
If you had said, did you know that republicans can thwart democrats i would say, and then i would remind you, it works both ways.

I wonder why you need to use big words, and insult me?

should republicans not be in any position of power, and then democrats can get something done?

neither party in my judgment has done shit, just thought id throw that in their for full disclosure purposes

I just dont see why you need to put me down, just cause i dont know everything.

I find government matters, stupid.

I could find things you dont know, and make you look stupid you know

People with aspergers are highly intelligent, and i can provide links if you dont believe me

if you think "thwart" is a big word, then we really have no common ground upon which to carry on a discussion. Again...YOU were the one who mentioned the ineffectiveness of the democratically controlled congress. If you do not understand how having less than 60 votes in the senate makes all that "control" meaningless, then you really should confine yourself to the lounge with threads about what people's favorite songs are.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:47 PM
example 1: you asked me a question, in your big words of concept of cloture

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:49 PM
example 2: insulting me, because i couldnt answer your question. Which I honestly admitted.

Seems you like to ask questions in a way that are over-complicated or un-neccesary in the hopes, if someone cant answer them, you can call them names

retiredman
10-03-2008, 09:50 PM
example 1: you asked me a question, in your big words of concept of cloture

so, you think cloture is a big word?

Perhaps you should be on some message board that does not deal with politics.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:52 PM
ask anyone on the board, about the previous 6 years before that, and what i think of the republican controlled congress, which by the way democrats made sure to stop votes from happening, block votes, and used the same tactics you say repubs are using.

So, if i cant be any more clear to you, let me try again

I think both parties are ineffective and dont care about the american people, but i find it odd...

george bush, george bush.. last 8 years, when that is NOT even true, the last two years, you, yes the democrats had the power.

so no matter what, republicans are evil and bad, and you and your party dont have to take any responsibility for anything you do.

got it, thanks

if you think "thwart" is a big word, then we really have no common ground upon which to carry on a discussion. Again...YOU were the one who mentioned the ineffectiveness of the democratically controlled congress. If you do not understand how having less than 60 votes in the senate makes all that "control" meaningless, then you really should confine yourself to the lounge with threads about what people's favorite songs are.

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:54 PM
your way: insult and belittle

my way: be nice, even to people who insult and belittle

You: not very nice

me: kind

should i go on?

or the elitist all knowing maineman is too smart for me?

:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 10:06 PM
whats the matter cat caught your tongue?, ran out of ways to put me down? :poke:

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 10:10 PM
so, the fact, er excuse that the democrats couldnt get anything done is the republicans fault.

so, your either advocating...

democrats shouldnt be in power cause they cant get things done, or that democrats cant work with anyone who isnt enlightened :laugh2:, i mean a democrat, what a croc of horse shit.

I say, its time for a third party.

retiredman
10-04-2008, 12:38 AM
so, the fact, er excuse that the democrats couldnt get anything done is the republicans fault.

so, your either advocating...

democrats shouldnt be in power cause they cant get things done, or that democrats cant work with anyone who isnt enlightened :laugh2:, i mean a democrat, what a croc of horse shit.

I say, its time for a third party.

I was busy watching the Red Sox take the second game of two on the road against the Angels.

I am not excusing anything. With a 49 vote "majority" in the senate and the president sitting in the white house....for anyone to think that the republicans would let the democrats get anything "done" is ridiculous.

I say it's time for you to take a civics lesson.

Sitarro
10-04-2008, 02:23 AM
I was busy watching the Red Sox take the second game of two on the road against the Angels.

I am not excusing anything. With a 49 vote "majority" in the senate and the president sitting in the white house....for anyone to think that the republicans would let the democrats get anything "done" is ridiculous.

So what you're saying, when not talking about meaningless kid games, is that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid either didn't know their civics or they purposely lied to the American people by saying that they would improve the economy, pull the American military out of Iraq, lower gas prices with simple common sense ideas and all within the first 100 days after the election....... which is it?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
10-04-2008, 12:00 PM
So what you're saying, when not talking about meaningless kid games, is that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid either didn't know their civics or they purposely lied to the American people by saying that they would improve the economy, pull the American military out of Iraq, lower gas prices with simple common sense ideas and all within the first 100 days after the election....... which is it?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Since you aren't answering, I'll take a stab at it........
I'm guessing they knew exactly what parliamentary procedures were since they have a track record of exploiting them to screw up Republican initiatives. That would leave that they purposely lied to the American people to buy votes with promises they knew were impossible to keep. How can you feel they are superior to Republicans in any way but playing the dishonest games of Washington, they definitely are better at that.

retiredman
10-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Since you aren't answering, I'll take a stab at it........
I'm guessing they knew exactly what parliamentary procedures were since they have a track record of exploiting them to screw up Republican initiatives. That would leave that they purposely lied to the American people to buy votes with promises they knew were impossible to keep. How can you feel they are superior to Republicans in any way but playing the dishonest games of Washington, they definitely are better at that.

Pelosi promised that she would get the house to pass a number of initiatives. SHe delivered on all those promises. As I can recall, Reid did not make such promises, because he knew full well that the rules of the senate would allow the republicans to obstruct anything and everything. And CERTAINLY neither of them ever expected to get a 2/3rds majority in either chamber, so everyone knew that Dubya could veto anything anyway.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 05:23 PM
:link:

and last time i checked the troops are still in iraq.

and i didnt hear you mention how democrats used tactics to block/stall voting, even for a judge over a year and a half.

Pelosi promised that she would get the house to pass a number of initiatives. SHe delivered on all those promises. As I can recall, Reid did not make such promises, because he knew full well that the rules of the senate would allow the republicans to obstruct anything and everything. And CERTAINLY neither of them ever expected to get a 2/3rds majority in either chamber, so everyone knew that Dubya could veto anything anyway.

retiredman
10-04-2008, 06:00 PM
:link:

and last time i checked the troops are still in iraq.

and i didnt hear you mention how democrats used tactics to block/stall voting, even for a judge over a year and a half.

I did not claim that democrats are angels, only that Pelosi made a promise to get a large number of initiatives passed through the House of Representatives and she delivered on her promise. I realize that you are pleased as punch that we are still in Iraq, but I must say that I am not, and I am disappointed in my party for not cutting funding for the war immediately in January 2007... but I realize that my party will NEVER do everything that I want it to do...that does not stop me from supporting the platform of my party and the candidates who will try to move as much of that platform into law as they can.

red states rule
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I did not claim that democrats are angels, only that Pelosi made a promise to get a large number of initiatives passed through the House of Representatives and she delivered on her promise. I realize that you are pleased as punch that we are still in Iraq, but I must say that I am not, and I am disappointed in my party for not cutting funding for the war immediately in January 2007... but I realize that my party will NEVER do everything that I want it to do...that does not stop me from supporting the platform of my party and the candidates who will try to move as much of that platform into law as they can.

In the House, all Dems need to pass anything is a simple majority

Here are some of the broken promises Dems made in 2006 that Pelsoi forgot all about

Promise: “Breaking with many Democrats, Ms. Pelosi also spoke out against earmarking billions of dollars for home-state projects, a practice she calls a ‘monster’ that hurts Congress. ‘I’d get rid of all of them,’ she says. ‘None of them is worth the skepticism, the cynicism the public has . . . and the fiscal irresponsibility of it.’” – “Pelosi Promises Fiscal Restraint If Democrats Win,” Wall Street Journal, July 13, 2006

Broken Promise: “Ranking Democrats vowed in December to put a moratorium on earmarks; instead, a record number infect legislation pending in Congress, with 32,000 requests this year, compared with about 13,000 in 2006 …. Ideally, congressional Democrats would keep their pledge to ban earmarks altogether.” – “Earmark Chicanery,” Press-Enterprise (Riverside, CA) Editorial, June 20, 2007

Promise: “Another key Democratic reform requires House members seeking earmarks to certify that neither they nor their spouses have any financial interest in the project.” – “In the Democratic Congress, Pork Still Gets Served,” Washington Post, May 24, 2007

Broken Promise: “[Pelosi] requested $25 million for a project to improve the waterfront in her home district of San Francisco. Her request did not note that her family owns interests in four buildings near the proposed Pier 35 project.” – “In the Democratic Congress, Pork Still Gets Served,” Washington Post, May 24, 2007

Promise: “At the beginning of a Congress, the Speaker or his designee and the Minority Leader or his designee each shall name 10 Members, Delegates, or the Resident Commissioner from his respective party who are not members of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct to be available to serve on investigative subcommittees of that committee during that Congress.” – Democrats’ House Rules Package, Clause 5 of rule 10

Broken Promise: “Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has yet to name for this Congress the Democrats’ 10 member ‘ethics pool’ – the group of Members preselected by their respective party leaders to serve on investigative subcommittees as they are needed.” – “No Sign of Life in Jefferson Ethics Probe,” Roll Call, May 24, 2007

Promise: “In an election in which exit polls identified corruption as the No. 1 voting issue and Washington’s biggest corruption scandal involved lobbying, Democrats won in part by promising to curtail K Street’s excesses. Pelosi has said her first act as Speaker of the House in January will be to pass new rules limiting contact between lobbyists and lawmakers.” – “When the Democrats Take Back K Street,” Time, December 4, 2006

Broken Promise: “Now that they are running things, many Democrats want to keep the big campaign donations and lavish parties that lobbyists put together for them. They’re also having second thoughts about having to wait an extra year before they can become high-paid lobbyists themselves should they retire or be defeated at the polls.” – “Lobbying Reform Losing Steam in House,” Associated Press, May 11, 2007

Promise: “Democrats have a plan to lower gas prices…join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.” – Then-Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Press Release, April 19, 2006

Broken Promise: “The average price of gasoline hit $3.218 a gallon Monday, up a stunning 11.5 cents the past week and just half a penny shy of the inflation-adjusted record, the government reported. The average is almost certain this week to pass the inflation-adjusted high of $3.223, recorded in May 1981 by the Energy Information Administration.” – “Average Gasoline Price Nears 1981 Average,” USA Today, May 22, 2007. Democrats have been in power for six months, and gas prices have gone up, not down.

Promise: “To free America from dependence on foreign oil, we will achieve energy independence for America by 2020 by eliminating reliance on oil from the Middle East and other unstable regions of the world.” – Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) “A New Direction for America,” Page 6

Broken Promise: During the first six months of the Democrat-controlled Congress, no energy independence legislation has been passed by the House, much less sent to the President’s desk. But 228 Democrats voted to impose more than $6.5 billion in new taxes on small and independent American energy producers, which will lead to less domestic supply, higher prices for consumers, and an increase in America’s dependence on foreign sources. – Roll Call Vote #40, January 18, 2007

Promise: “‘Next year, members of the House will be expected in the Capitol for votes each week by 6:30p.m. Monday and will finish their business about 2pm Friday,’ Hoyer said.” – “Culture Shock on Capitol Hill: House to Work Five Days a Week,” Washington Post, December 6, 2006

Broken Promise: Of the 21 weeks in session through June 22, 2007, only six have included full five-day work weeks. – Office of the Clerk Web Site

Promise: “Bills should generally come to the floor under a procedure that allows open, full, and fair debate consisting of a full amendment process that grants the Minority the right to offer its alternatives, including a substitute.” – Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) “A New Direction For America,” Page 24

Broken Promise: “Democrats are wielding a heavy hand on the House Rules Committee, committing many of the procedural sins for which they condemned Republicans during their 12 years in power. So far this year, Democrats have frequently prevented Republicans from offering amendments, limited debate in the committee and, just last week, maneuvered around chamber rules to protect a $23 million project for Rep. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.).” – “Dems Bend Rules, Break Pledge,” The Politico, May 17, 2007

Broken Promise: “But instead of allowing Republicans to fully participate in deliberations, as promised after the Democratic victory in the Nov. 7 midterm elections, Democrats now say they will use House rules to prevent the opposition from offering alternative measures, assuring speedy passage of the bills and allowing their party to trumpet early victories.” – “Democrats to Start Without GOP Input,” Washington Post, January 2, 2007
http://republicanleader.house.gov/brokenpromises/index.html

Any questions MFM

BTW, there are alot more broken promises, do want more?

Silver
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM

As the poor moron you are, I guess you missed the latest on the Democrat

voters...minorities, GED's, drop-outs and idiots (their words, not mine) and of course the very latest ..... the homeless and feeble minded.....

but then again the feeble minded were always Dem. voters....

jimnyc
10-04-2008, 09:45 PM

This is what I was referring to in another thread. Martin asks a question and made no flaming remarks. You come back and act as if you are so much smarter than him, and speak down to him as if he's an "idiot". I saw no reason whatsoever for your condescending remarks to him.

Speaking of lessons... Didn't you say I slandered you in another thread? How is that possible when slander refers to SPOKEN words to an audience? How can it be slander when not a single soul on this board knows who you are other than "MFM"? Oh, maybe you meant LIBEL? Even then you are 100% wrong.

Maybe you should just shut your trap about things YOU are an idiot about?

Yurt
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM

you are a dickhead....to some that word is a big word asshole....you arrogant prick

perhaps you should leave this board as most believe you are a liar.....preacher

Yurt
10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
This is what I was referring to in another thread. Martin asks a question and made no flaming remarks. You come back and act as if you are so much smarter than him, and speak down to him as if he's an "idiot". I saw no reason whatsoever for your condescending remarks to him.

Speaking of lessons... Didn't you say I slandered you in another thread? How is that possible when slander refers to SPOKEN words to an audience? How can it be slander when not a single soul on this board knows who you are other than "MFM"? Oh, maybe you meant LIBEL? Even then you are 100% wrong.

:lol:

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 06:53 AM

The truth is comical! :laugh2:

red states rule
10-05-2008, 07:42 AM

Here are some of the broken promises Dems made in 2006 that Pelsoi forgot all about

Promise: “Breaking with many Democrats, Ms. Pelosi also spoke out against earmarking billions of dollars for home-state projects, a practice she calls a ‘monster’ that hurts Congress. ‘I’d get rid of all of them,’ she says. ‘None of them is worth the skepticism, the cynicism the public has . . . and the fiscal irresponsibility of it.’” – “Pelosi Promises Fiscal Restraint If Democrats Win,” Wall Street Journal, July 13, 2006

Broken Promise: “Ranking Democrats vowed in December to put a moratorium on earmarks; instead, a record number infect legislation pending in Congress, with 32,000 requests this year, compared with about 13,000 in 2006 …. Ideally, congressional Democrats would keep their pledge to ban earmarks altogether.” – “Earmark Chicanery,” Press-Enterprise (Riverside, CA) Editorial, June 20, 2007

Promise: “Another key Democratic reform requires House members seeking earmarks to certify that neither they nor their spouses have any financial interest in the project.” – “In the Democratic Congress, Pork Still Gets Served,” Washington Post, May 24, 2007

Broken Promise: “[Pelosi] requested $25 million for a project to improve the waterfront in her home district of San Francisco. Her request did not note that her family owns interests in four buildings near the proposed Pier 35 project.” – “In the Democratic Congress, Pork Still Gets Served,” Washington Post, May 24, 2007

Promise: “At the beginning of a Congress, the Speaker or his designee and the Minority Leader or his designee each shall name 10 Members, Delegates, or the Resident Commissioner from his respective party who are not members of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct to be available to serve on investigative subcommittees of that committee during that Congress.” – Democrats’ House Rules Package, Clause 5 of rule 10

Broken Promise: “Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has yet to name for this Congress the Democrats’ 10 member ‘ethics pool’ – the group of Members preselected by their respective party leaders to serve on investigative subcommittees as they are needed.” – “No Sign of Life in Jefferson Ethics Probe,” Roll Call, May 24, 2007

Promise: “In an election in which exit polls identified corruption as the No. 1 voting issue and Washington’s biggest corruption scandal involved lobbying, Democrats won in part by promising to curtail K Street’s excesses. Pelosi has said her first act as Speaker of the House in January will be to pass new rules limiting contact between lobbyists and lawmakers.” – “When the Democrats Take Back K Street,” Time, December 4, 2006

Broken Promise: “Now that they are running things, many Democrats want to keep the big campaign donations and lavish parties that lobbyists put together for them. They’re also having second thoughts about having to wait an extra year before they can become high-paid lobbyists themselves should they retire or be defeated at the polls.” – “Lobbying Reform Losing Steam in House,” Associated Press, May 11, 2007

Promise: “Democrats have a plan to lower gas prices…join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.” – Then-Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Press Release, April 19, 2006

Broken Promise: “The average price of gasoline hit $3.218 a gallon Monday, up a stunning 11.5 cents the past week and just half a penny shy of the inflation-adjusted record, the government reported. The average is almost certain this week to pass the inflation-adjusted high of $3.223, recorded in May 1981 by the Energy Information Administration.” – “Average Gasoline Price Nears 1981 Average,” USA Today, May 22, 2007. Democrats have been in power for six months, and gas prices have gone up, not down.

Promise: “To free America from dependence on foreign oil, we will achieve energy independence for America by 2020 by eliminating reliance on oil from the Middle East and other unstable regions of the world.” – Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) “A New Direction for America,” Page 6

Broken Promise: During the first six months of the Democrat-controlled Congress, no energy independence legislation has been passed by the House, much less sent to the President’s desk. But 228 Democrats voted to impose more than $6.5 billion in new taxes on small and independent American energy producers, which will lead to less domestic supply, higher prices for consumers, and an increase in America’s dependence on foreign sources. – Roll Call Vote #40, January 18, 2007

Promise: “‘Next year, members of the House will be expected in the Capitol for votes each week by 6:30p.m. Monday and will finish their business about 2pm Friday,’ Hoyer said.” – “Culture Shock on Capitol Hill: House to Work Five Days a Week,” Washington Post, December 6, 2006

Broken Promise: Of the 21 weeks in session through June 22, 2007, only six have included full five-day work weeks. – Office of the Clerk Web Site

Promise: “Bills should generally come to the floor under a procedure that allows open, full, and fair debate consisting of a full amendment process that grants the Minority the right to offer its alternatives, including a substitute.” – Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) “A New Direction For America,” Page 24

Broken Promise: “Democrats are wielding a heavy hand on the House Rules Committee, committing many of the procedural sins for which they condemned Republicans during their 12 years in power. So far this year, Democrats have frequently prevented Republicans from offering amendments, limited debate in the committee and, just last week, maneuvered around chamber rules to protect a $23 million project for Rep. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.).” – “Dems Bend Rules, Break Pledge,” The Politico, May 17, 2007

Broken Promise: “But instead of allowing Republicans to fully participate in deliberations, as promised after the Democratic victory in the Nov. 7 midterm elections, Democrats now say they will use House rules to prevent the opposition from offering alternative measures, assuring speedy passage of the bills and allowing their party to trumpet early victories.” – “Democrats to Start Without GOP Input,” Washington Post, January 2, 2007

Any questions MFM?

***crickets chirping***

retiredman
10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
you are a dickhead....to some that word is a big word asshole....you arrogant prick

perhaps you should leave this board as most believe you are a liar.....preacher

perhaps I should not be too worried about what people here think of ME.... counselor.

retiredman
10-05-2008, 12:26 PM
not a single soul on this board knows who you are other than "MFM"? Oh, maybe you meant LIBEL? Even then you are 100% wrong.

you, of all people, know that is a lie. :lol:

and I understand about cloture.... obviously, martin did not and obviously, he should have known if he wanted to have an intellgent debate in this thread that he started.

red states rule
10-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Any questions MFM

***crickets still chirping***

red states rule
10-05-2008, 12:28 PM
perhaps I should not be too worried about what people here think of ME.... counselor.

Based on you posts, your arrogance, and condescending attitude - it seems you do not care

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 01:15 PM
you, of all people, know that is a lie. :lol:

and I understand about cloture.... obviously, martin did not and obviously, he should have known if he wanted to have an intellgent debate in this thread that he started.

A name alone without actually knowing that person, where they live, their livelihood, their family.... wouldn't allow for slander or libel. So how about you shut the fuck up about things pertaining to shit you know nothing about, OK liar boy?

Martin was the only intelligent one. He asked what cloture meant and you were your usual dickhead self to him.

Lastly, when criticizing another persons intelligence, please do try and spell intelligent properly, you lying fuck.

retiredman
10-05-2008, 01:23 PM
A name alone without actually knowing that person, where they live, their livelihood, their family.... wouldn't allow for slander or libel. So how about you shut the fuck up about things pertaining to shit you know nothing about, OK liar boy?

Martin was the only intelligent one. He asked what cloture meant and you were your usual dickhead self to him.

Lastly, when criticizing another persons intelligence, please do try and spell intelligent properly, you lying fuck.

like I sad earlier, dial it back jimbo. you aren't going to get me into a pissing contest with you.

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 01:26 PM
like I sad earlier, dial it back jimbo. you aren't going to get me into a pissing contest with you.

Who are you to tell Jim to 'dial it back'? He was right, you were an asshole to Martin. He's also right regarding slander and libel. He's also right that you are a liar.

retiredman
10-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Who are you to tell Jim to 'dial it back'? He was right, you were an asshole to Martin. He's also right regarding slander and libel. He's also right that you are a liar.

who am I? I am a guy who is NOT a liar and certainly NOT a "lying fuck". Who are YOU to step into this discussion, other than another of the sheep-like conservative sycophants who hang around in this conservative club house patting each other on the back?

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 01:32 PM

And yet you'll do so with every other member on this board? Don't hold back with me because I own the place, I would never ban anyone I engage on the board, especially when I'm dealing it out myself. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back while you toss out crap on the entire board in the hopes it sticks somewhere. Then you pick on the only guy on the board who had a bit of respect for you, AND do so by transparently picking on his infliction.

If YOU had dialed it back a long, long time ago, things wouldn't have turned against you. But God forbid someone backed you into a corner during a debate, or said something about your almighty Dem leaders - then it was YOU who attacked first probably around 90% of the time.

Sorry, *preacher, I'll call them as I see them.

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 01:33 PM
who am I? I am a guy who is NOT a liar and certainly NOT a "lying fuck". Who are YOU to step into this discussion, other than another of the sheep-like conservative sycophants who hang around in this conservative club house patting each other on the back?

She's a member of this board and entitled to chime in anywhere she damn well pleases.

Don't admit you were dishonest/deceitful with people and you'll have a less chance of being labeled a liar.

retiredman
10-05-2008, 01:34 PM
And yet you'll do so with every other member on this board? Don't hold back with me because I own the place, I would never ban anyone I engage on the board, especially when I'm dealing it out myself. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back while you toss out crap on the entire board in the hopes it sticks somewhere. Then you pick on the only guy on the board who had a bit of respect for you, AND do so by transparently picking on his infliction.

If YOU had dialed it back a long, long time ago, things wouldn't have turned against you. But God forbid someone backed you into a corner during a debate, or said something about your almighty Dem leaders - then it was YOU who attacked first probably around 90% of the time.

Sorry, *preacher, I'll call them as I see them.

I have not lied. I have tried very hard to stay out of an argument with you. I have tried very hard to be more civil with everyone on here, but civility is difficult at times when I am beset on all sides by your "posse". :laugh2:

I actually think I am doing a pretty good job of it today, don't you?

retiredman
10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
She's a member of this board and entitled to chime in anywhere she damn well pleases.

Don't admit you were dishonest/deceitful with people and you'll have a less chance of being labeled a liar.

again. I have NEVER admitted that I was dishonest or deceitful.
but then, you knew that.

again, I ask...dial it back. OK?

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 01:37 PM
again. I have NEVER admitted that I was dishonest or deceitful.
but then, you knew that.

again, I ask...dial it back. OK?

How's your wife and daughter doing? I sure do hope they live long and fruitful lives!

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I have not lied. I have tried very hard to stay out of an argument with you. I have tried very hard to be more civil with everyone on here, but civility is difficult at times when I am beset on all sides by your "posse". :laugh2:

I actually think I am doing a pretty good job of it today, don't you?

No. As stated, I have every right to enter into any thread I wish, at whatever juncture. If any member has tried to get along with you, I have. I gave up when you were a backstabbing, lying, sob months ago. Since then, the veil has lifted and I do see why you are so vehemently disliked. Yesterday's and today's exchanges with Jim and others nails it.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 01:51 PM
No. As stated, I have every right to enter into any thread I wish, at whatever juncture. If any member has tried to get along with you, I have. I gave up when you were a backstabbing, lying, sob months ago. Since then, the veil has lifted and I do see why you are so vehemently disliked. Yesterday's and today's exchanges with Jim and others nails it.

i can attest to the veracity of this post

Yurt
10-05-2008, 01:56 PM

you don't like, leave, real simple

retiredman
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM

you don't like, leave, real simple

and miss your antics? not likely.

and I really don't need any advice from you, counselor...OK?:laugh2:

red states rule
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM

Any questions MFM?

***crickets been chirping for awhile*** :laugh2: