PDA

View Full Version : Career help

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I cant find any career tests for people with aspergers, and I had trouble doing the basic career tests, I cant find anyone to help me understand it.

Plus I dont know what specific jobs/careers are good for people with aspergers can anyone help me, with links, advice, moral support.

ill take what i can get at this point :laugh2:

Mr. P
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I cant find any career tests for people with aspergers, and I had trouble doing the basic career tests, I cant find anyone to help me understand it.

Plus I dont know what specific jobs/careers are good for people with aspergers can anyone help me, with links, advice, moral support.

Go for what you want to do, work for it with passion, screw the tests that many times pigeon-hole people for life.

manu1959
10-03-2008, 11:41 PM

a good friend of mine has aspergers....brilliant architect...

diuretic
10-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Are there any organisations which support Asperger's sufferers? They may be able to help.

Trinity
10-04-2008, 06:26 AM

So I am assuming it's high functioning?

I'll see what I can find I had tons of info and different sights involving asperger's.

Yurt
10-04-2008, 01:54 PM
manwhoring pays well....

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 05:29 PM
yes its high functioning :)

So I am assuming it's high functioning?

I'll see what I can find I had tons of info and different sights involving asperger's.

Trinity
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Here's a page I found on traits, diagnosis, and social aspects

People with Asperger Syndrome tend to do rather well at jobs that pertain to their area or areas of interests, jobs that work in organized routines, and jobs that do not have much social interaction. Solitary work, such as computer related work, would be a good choice for a job. Along with not being with too many people, jobs should not have any kind of distraction such as intense light or noise. Sensitivity to light and sound are other traits of Asperger Syndrome. Such job qualities are very necessary for people with it.

http://srl2.tripod.com/andrew/asperger.htm