PDA

View Full Version : GOP senator claims McCain POW coverup

gabosaurus
10-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I am waiting for the spin on this one. I am sure that liberal Dems are to blame.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/99663/republicans_allege_mccain_covered_up_his_collabora tion_with_the_north_vietnamese_while_a_pow/

jimnyc
10-04-2008, 02:33 PM
How about we get past the heresy garbage and get to the facts, which I see this story is missing. Can you please cite for us specific FACTS we can look at, with citations, so that we can see for ourselves? A bunch of accusations without any proof at all is kind of lame.

The footage begins with Douglass, Usry, O'Shea and Smith all saying that McCain worked to kill legislation that would have opened the Pentagon's classified archive of POW/MIA files. "Many, many documents were held back for no reason," former Sen. Smith said. Dorman said legislation that passed the House with no opposing votes was single-handedly blocked in the Senate by McCain. "On the Senate side, we had one person standing in the way," Dornan said, referring to McCain.

Can we get some more background and specific citations as to the vote they are speaking of?

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
How about we get past the heresy garbage and get to the facts, which I see this story is missing. Can you please cite for us specific FACTS we can look at, with citations, so that we can see for ourselves? A bunch of accusations without any proof at all is kind of lame.

Can we get some more background and specific citations as to the vote they are speaking of?

:clap:

manu1959
10-04-2008, 05:33 PM
so mccain had all his limbs busted on purose went awol for 5 years and convinced a vitnames dude to pretendto be his captor and got a buch of other army dude to pretend to be pows.....

no wonder you stupid fucks think obama will make your life better....

you believe the culture you have surrounded yourself with can make a difference in your life......

Yurt
10-04-2008, 06:21 PM
if your messiah says to leave mccain's war record alone, why aren't you obeying him? your messiah says mccain is a hero.

is obama lying?

gabosaurus
10-04-2008, 11:03 PM

How about you read the story and perhaps figure it out for yourself? Your own people are calling out McCain. His own compatriots have called him out. All you people can do is ask them to "prove" what they say. Yet, on a great many occasions, bullshit right wing blogs and sources present undocumented allegations, or total fallacies, that you take as fact.
Obama is not my "messiah" and does not control me. The GOP thought police may control your simple minds, but I have the capability to think on my own and state my objections.
John McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese and is such a traitor to his country. He betrayed all those who fought and died in that war. McCain is a liar and a crook.
It is too bad that you can put aside your racism and blind liberal hate long enough to see that the guy is jobbing you. Instead, you will vote for someone you don't really approve.
I find it difficult to accept that the many military veterans on this board would blindly support someone who betrayed his country. You might as well be shacking up with Jane Fonda.
McCain is a disgrace to this country. Anyone who votes for him is the same.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 12:06 AM
How about you read the story and perhaps figure it out for yourself? Your own people are calling out McCain. His own compatriots have called him out. All you people can do is ask them to "prove" what they say. Yet, on a great many occasions, bullshit right wing blogs and sources present undocumented allegations, or total fallacies, that you take as fact.
Obama is not my "messiah" and does not control me. The GOP thought police may control your simple minds, but I have the capability to think on my own and state my objections.
John McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese and is such a traitor to his country. He betrayed all those who fought and died in that war. McCain is a liar and a crook.
It is too bad that you can put aside your racism and blind liberal hate long enough to see that the guy is jobbing you. Instead, you will vote for someone you don't really approve.
I find it difficult to accept that the many military veterans on this board would blindly support someone who betrayed his country. You might as well be shacking up with Jane Fonda.

so you believe the swift boaters about kerry...........

and wtf does racism have do with this thread?

and no surprise that you won't call obama a liar for saying mccain is hero.....why is that?

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 05:50 AM

I did read the story, you condescending little bitch. They are not "my people". I don't claim other gossip stories as fact and I defy you to prove otherwise. In fact, look around the board and show me where I post ANY articles, unless in rebuttal to SOMEONE else who likes to post absolute fucking garbage. The GOP does not control my mind and that ridiculous statement just furthers the fact that YOU are the idiot. You claim YOU think on your own but here you are posting an article with ZERO facts in it and then act like a little bitch when asked for proof.

The rest of your rant is just that, a typical rant from you lacking in ANY facts whatsoever.

Now take YOUR simple little californian liberal wasted mind and kindly go fuck yourself.

krisy
10-05-2008, 07:48 AM
gabo-jim is right. This is a lot of allegation with no proof.

With Kerry,there was t.v. footage of him saying the things he did.

This is a presidential election and anything and everything will be dug up and dragged out on these candidates whether true or not.

I would have to hold judgement on any POW who might have given up info anyway. How could I judge them and their decisions while being tortured?

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Curious behavior.

John McCain, who has risen to political prominence on his image as a Vietnam POW war hero, has, inexplicably, worked very hard to hide from the public stunning information about American prisoners in Vietnam who, unlike him, didn't return home. Throughout his Senate career, McCain has quietly sponsored and pushed into federal law a set of prohibitions that keep the most revealing information about these men buried as classified documents. Thus the war hero people would logically imagine to be a determined crusader for the interests of POWs and their families became instead the strange champion of hiding the evidence and closing the books.

McCain and the POW Cover-up (http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081006/schanberg/single)

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Already posted. Once again, no evidence, you lose.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Already posted. Once again, no evidence, you lose.

Where?

namvet
10-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Schanberg gives his opinion. but once again no proof at all. attempting an Oct surprise????

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Where?

Try looking, fucktard, or is that above your pay grade?

namvet
10-05-2008, 09:16 AM
I am waiting for the spin on this one. I am sure that liberal Dems are to blame.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/99663/republicans_allege_mccain_covered_up_his_collabora tion_with_the_north_vietnamese_while_a_pow/

this spin went down the stool years ago. don't you have anything new??? look at the calendar. its 2008. yawn

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Where?

Here. Merged threads.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Here. Merged threads.

This isn't the same thing. I don't want to mix collaboration with the North Vietnamese and covering-up POW abandonment.

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 09:40 AM
This isn't the same thing. I don't want to mix collaboration with the North Vietnamese and covering-up POW abandonment.

All of the unsubstantiated spam was merged to one shitpot for the 2 idiots.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 09:47 AM
All of the unsubstantiated spam was merged to one shitpot for the 2 idiots.

As a US Senator, McCain went to great lengths to withhold official US military information of POWs abandoned in Vietnam. Why did he do that?

namvet
10-05-2008, 09:50 AM
As a US Senator, McCain went to great lengths to withhold official US military information of POWs abandoned in Vietnam. Why did he do that?

he didn't. and you can't prove he did.

jimnyc
10-05-2008, 09:50 AM

What did he say while on the senate floor in regards to any of these allegations?

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 09:54 AM
he didn't. and you can't prove he did.

Read the article I linked.

namvet
10-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Read the article I linked.

I did. its an opinion. not proof. you believe it??? lets see it

namvet
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM

IfyGdG9llSE

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I did. its an opinion. not proof. you believe it??? lets see it

No it's not. McCain's acts in the Senate are a matter of public record.

namvet
10-05-2008, 10:48 AM
No it's not. McCain's acts in the Senate are a matter of public record.

where's the proof??? lets see it. its not in the fuckin' link. where is it ??? comm'on cought it up NOW !!!!

namvet
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
now steele now. right fuckin now. where's the docs. don't run away from ME ill flog you ass alll over this board.

your a god damned fuckin lyin' bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!

namvet
10-05-2008, 11:01 AM
coward. run like the dog you are.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
obama praises john mccain's service and calls him a genuine american hero.

is obama lying?

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
now steele now. right fuckin now. where's the docs. don't run away from ME ill flog you ass alll over this board.

your a god damned fuckin lyin' bastard !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you read?

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Can you read?

He's not here. He was asking for the link to McCain that you were insisting existed. You brought that up.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
He's not here. He was asking for the link to McCain that you were insisting existed. You brought that up.

I already posted it. I suspeted he couldn't read because he kept ranting about it.

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I already posted it. I suspeted he couldn't read because he kept ranting about it.

Been there, done that. Post it again, you know what you wrote.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 04:43 PM
obama praises john mccain's service and calls him a genuine american hero.

is obama lying?

:cow:

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
:cow:

Politics.

They always say they're each other's "good friend," too.

Sitarro
10-05-2008, 05:51 PM
IfyGdG9llSE

Great find namvet, where's that traitorous little shit gabicrap now? I guess she doesn't have the talking points yet.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Politics.

They always say they're each other's "good friend," too.

so obama is lying? obama has outright said you should not question mccain's war record and that mccain is "geniune" american hero.

if we are to believe you and gabby, obama is a liar.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
so obama is lying? obama has outright said you should not question mccain's war record and that mccain is "geniune" american hero.

if we are to believe you and gabby, obama is a liar.

Obama's primary concern is getting elected. Call it lying if you like.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
One of McCain's finer moments:

6. On November 11, 1992, Dolores Alfond, the sister of missing airman Capt. Victor Apodaca and chair of the National Alliance of Families, an organization of relatives of POW/MIAs, testified at one of the Senate committee's public hearings. She asked for information about data the government had gathered from electronic devices used in a classified program known as PAVE SPIKE.

The devices were motion sensors, dropped by air, designed to pick up enemy troop movements. Shaped on one end like a spike with an electronic pod and antenna on top, they were designed to stick in the ground as they fell. Air Force planes would drop them along the Ho Chi Minh trail and other supply routes. The devices, though primarily sensors, also had rescue capabilities. Someone on the ground—a downed airman or a prisoner on a labor gang —could manually enter data into the sensor. All data were regularly collected electronically by US planes flying overhead. Alfond stated, without any challenge or contradiction by the committee, that in 1974, a year after the supposedly complete return of prisoners, the gathered data showed that a person or people had manually entered into the sensors—as US pilots had been trained to do—"no less than 20 authenticator numbers that corresponded exactly to the classified authenticator numbers of 20 US POWs who were lost in Laos." Alfond added, according to the transcript: "This PAVE SPIKE intelligence is seamless, but the committee has not discussed it or released what it knows about PAVE SPIKE."

McCain attended that committee hearing specifically to confront Alfond because of her criticism of the panel's work. He bellowed and berated her for quite a while. His face turning anger-pink, he accused her of "denigrating" his "patriotism." The bullying had its effect—she began to cry.

After a pause Alfond recovered and tried to respond to his scorching tirade, but McCain simply turned away and stormed out of the room. The PAVE SPIKE file has never been declassified. We still don't know anything about those twenty POWs.

McCain and the POW Cover-up (http://www.nationinstitute.org/p/schanberg09182008pt1)

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
One of McCain's finer moments:

Joe, seriously, if you want anyone on the right or left to take you for real, deal with congressional links, not the conspiracy fuk links you are going for.

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
This is coming very close to being moved to conspiracy thread, there's not enough there, there.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Joe, seriously, if you want anyone on the right or left to take you for real, deal with congressional links, not the conspiracy fuk links you are going for.

Congressional links instead of The Nation?

That's absurd.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
This is coming very close to being moved to conspiracy thread, there's not enough there, there.

You don't read well, do you?

The article is full of links to official documents and news articles.

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 08:22 PM
You don't read well, do you?

The article is full of links to official documents and news articles.

Get with it. Thank you.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Obama's primary concern is getting elected. Call it lying if you like.

i'm asking you, what you think....so far you have refused to state obama is telling the truth about mccain....why not come out and say it.....obama is lying......don't get weak on me and say...call it lying "if you like" :laugh2:

yes or no, real simple:

is obama lying about mccain being a genuine american hero and that we should not go after mccain's record?

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
i'm asking you, what you think....so far you have refused to state obama is telling the truth about mccain....why not come out and say it.....obama is lying......don't get weak on me and say...call it lying "if you like" :laugh2:

yes or no, real simple:

is obama lying about mccain being a genuine american hero and that we should not go after mccain's record?

Seems to me that the place we should be is Obama's record in Chicago and Springfield, more heavily on Chicago, as his footprint in the Capital is very light. Nearly as light as his State Senator record in DC.

Joe Steel
10-05-2008, 09:00 PM

yes or no, real simple:

McCain's "heroism" is a matter of opinion. I don't think McCain is a hero. You'd have to ask Obama about his opinion.

Yurt
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
McCain's "heroism" is a matter of opinion. I don't think McCain is a hero. You'd have to ask Obama about his opinion.

ok, fair enough....why then are you not listening to your leader when he says mccain is a "geniune" american hero and that we should not put down his military service. are you saying obama is wrong?

theHawk
10-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Please, PLEASE let the Obama camp attack McCain on that issue.

:laugh2:

theHawk
10-05-2008, 11:15 PM

Of course you don't. Anyone who puts on the uniform is a digrace to communist nutjobs like you. Espeically the ones like McCain that actually fought and killed many communist assholes. :laugh2:

Joe Steel
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
ok, fair enough....why then are you not listening to your leader when he says mccain is a "geniune" american hero and that we should not put down his military service. are you saying obama is wrong?

I don't accept everything he says.

Joe Steel
10-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Of course you don't. Anyone who puts on the uniform is a digrace to communist nutjobs like you. Espeically the ones like McCain that actually fought and killed many communist assholes.

Nonsense. McCain did nothing but get shot-down, captured and tortured until he collaborated with the enemy. None of that is particularly heroic.

Yurt
10-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't accept everything he says.

so obama is wrong on mccain....or you don't believe everything he says?

Joe Steel
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
so obama is wrong on mccain....or you don't believe everything he says?

Obama is wrong on McCain.

I think Obama is right about some things and wrong about others.