PDA

View Full Version : Shrimpin'

jackass
10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Well I was able to experience one of the perks of living in the south the other night. My friend goes out shrimpin' just about every night. He can collect a 48 qt worth of shrimp everyday with just a $20 (?) license.
Basically all you do is plant 10 poles a certain distance from each other. These are used so that you know where all of your baits are. You then throw your baits, usually a mixture of clay and cornmeal. Let sit for the shrimp to start feeding. Then you drive your boat to the poles and cast your net. Haul in the shrimp and move to the next pole. Really a fun time. We ate some of the shrimp the other night and it was the sweetest tastiest shrimp I have ever had. Cant wait to go out with him again!!

Trigg
10-04-2008, 06:21 PM
That was the best thing about living in New Orleans, buying shrimp right off the boats. Cheap!!!!!!!

Hubby went for a conference down there a few years ago and I sent a cooler with him. His friends thought it was funny that jumbo shrimp was all I wanted him to bring back.

Yurt
10-04-2008, 07:32 PM
so did bubba gump shrimp company form before or after the movie?

jackass
10-05-2008, 06:20 PM
so did bubba gump shrimp company form before or after the movie?

I would say before but not sure...

Mr. P
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Well I was able to experience one of the perks of living in the south the other night. My friend goes out shrimpin' just about every night. He can collect a 48 qt worth of shrimp everyday with just a $20 (?) license.
Basically all you do is plant 10 poles a certain distance from each other. These are used so that you know where all of your baits are. You then throw your baits, usually a mixture of clay and cornmeal. Let sit for the shrimp to start feeding. Then you drive your boat to the poles and cast your net. Haul in the shrimp and move to the next pole. Really a fun time. We ate some of the shrimp the other night and it was the sweetest tastiest shrimp I have ever had. Cant wait to go out with him again!!

I am SOooooooo jealous! That's something I've wanted to do for years..just can't seem to make it happen.

jackass
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I am SOooooooo jealous! That's something I've wanted to do for years..just can't seem to make it happen.

Well if you want to come here, feel free!! He is always looking to take someone out. We can fit the 3 of us on the boat.

OCA
10-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I just ran across this thread and I can think of another shrimpin' that you probably enjoy Jacko.:laugh2:

jackass
10-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I just ran across this thread and I can think of another shrimpin' that you probably enjoy Jacko.:laugh2:

Im sure you like to think about stuff like that all day you faggot.

emmett
10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Yum!!!!! Shrimp stir fry in Walnut oil with onions, bok choy and garlic. A wit little lemon and poured over delicious noodles. Yum YUm YUm YUm Yum Yum!

OCA
10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Im sure you like to think about stuff like that all day you faggot.

Ooooh testy!:cool:

Abbey Marie
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM

You need to put it on your Bucket list. :)

jackass
10-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Ooooh testy!:cool:

Not at all. Im just glad your showing your real colors to everyone here now.

jackass
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM

I went out the other night again. We did ok. He went out last night and said he cooler'd out in 1.5 hours. He said the shrimp were huge! Next time I will have to take some pics. Probably go out again Friday night.

Abbey Marie
10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I went out the other night again. We did ok. He went out last night and said he cooler'd out in 1.5 hours. He said the shrimp were huge! Next time I will have to take some pics. Probably go out again Friday night.

Sounds heavenly. Just add a bucket of Kelchner's cocktail sauce.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 03:46 PM

I'm getting hungry.

jackass
10-20-2008, 03:50 PM

We havent found a cocktail sauce that we havent had to doctor ourselves, so I will see if I can find this one.

Abbey Marie
10-20-2008, 04:14 PM
We havent found a cocktail sauce that we havent had to doctor ourselves, so I will see if I can find this one.

It's the best OTC brand I've had. Most of them are insipid.

Kathianne
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM
It's the best OTC brand I've had. Most of them are insipid.

I agree. I've been able to get the 'large' size at both Sam's & Costco.

Mr. P
10-20-2008, 05:18 PM

Make yer own...?

jackass
10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Make yer own...?

My mom used to make it...and man it was the BEST!! She should have jarred (sp??) it! I can make my own but usually just doctor an existing one. I like mine with alot of horseradish in it.

Mr. P
10-20-2008, 07:22 PM
My mom used to make it...and man it was the BEST!! She should have jarred (sp??) it! I can make my own but usually just doctor an existing one. I like mine with alot of horseradish in it.

:2up: Kraft cream style. :cheers2:

jackass
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
:2up: Kraft cream style. :cheers2:

I will look into it. :cheers2: