PDA

View Full Version : Islam and Muslims

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
I dont think we should lump the two together.

You have jews and judaism, should they be lumped?

christianity and christians.

are we really gonna say, all muslims are bad and all christians are good.

on the same front, to pretend we cant give legitimate feedback/criticism to islam or any religion is a politically correct facist approach because it blocks free speech, but i loath, though i would never make a law saying jesus cant be mocked, same for allah/mohammed or anyone else.

I feel in this area I have hit a 180, where as i completely hated islam and all muslims before, now i like islam, (not every verse) and muslims and have muslim friends that i consider my brothers.

on a side note, i dont think its fair to pigeon hole people into one position. People can truly change their, thoughts, beliefs, and political opinions after careful long term consideration and that is mature, and some can come to the conclusion that after lots of thought, and consideration, they were still right and dont need to change, because it would be simply doing so to appease others.

your thoughts?

Trigg
10-04-2008, 06:18 PM
I dont think we should lump the two together.

You have jews and judaism, should they be lumped?

christianity and christians.
are we really gonna say, all muslims are bad and all christians are good.

on the same front, to pretend we cant give legitimate feedback/criticism to islam or any religion is a politically correct facist approach because it blocks free speech, but i loath, though i would never make a law saying jesus cant be mocked, same for allah/mohammed or anyone else.

I feel in this area I have hit a 180, where as i completely hated islam and all muslims before, now i like islam, (not every verse) and muslims and have muslim friends that i consider my brothers.

on a side note, i dont think its fair to pigeon hole people into one position. People can truly change their, thoughts, beliefs, and political opinions after careful long term consideration and that is mature, and some can come to the conclusion that after lots of thought, and consideration, they were still right and dont need to change, because it would be simply doing so to appease others.

your thoughts?

I'm not quite sure where your going with the bolded part. If your Muslim you practice Islam, Christian - Christianity.

Of course not all Muslims are bad. The difference between them and Christians IMO is that their leadership doesn't condemn the violence and EVERYWHERE Muslims are in power violence follows.

Yurt
10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
unlike almost all other religions, islam is not just about religion, it encompasses every facet of life, governence, gender roles, speech, driving, etc...

jesus said give unto ceasar....muhammad said vanquish ceasar and rule the world which is rightfully muslims. (paraphrase)

you cannot seperate the two and if you do, muslims will correct you for your way of thinking. <-- that is my opinion alone, manu has a different one, and i am not sure he is wrong, however, i have not given up my opinion.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 06:38 PM
im not forcing you to give up, or asking you to give up anything, i just believe some muslims see it your way, and some see it my way.

you know i respect you/yo0ur opinion

unlike almost all other religions, islam is not just about religion, it encompasses every facet of life, governence, gender roles, speech, driving, etc...

jesus said give unto ceasar....muhammad said vanquish ceasar and rule the world which is rightfully muslims. (paraphrase)

you cannot seperate the two and if you do, muslims will correct you for your way of thinking. <-- that is my opinion alone, manu has a different one, and i am not sure he is wrong, however, i have not given up my opinion.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2008, 06:41 PM
i dont remember bolding anything.

if i did it was an accident.

I agree with you that islamic political leadership worldwide is flawed, in many cases run or influenced by imams who are radical and anyone who speaks up against them is usually killed.

I'm not quite sure where your going with the bolded part. If your Muslim you practice Islam, Christian - Christianity.

Of course not all Muslims are bad. The difference between them and Christians IMO is that their leadership doesn't condemn the violence and EVERYWHERE Muslims are in power violence follows.

Trigg
10-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Yurt is correct, everything about the religion dictates how they act in their everyday lives. Much like the Amish, they dress and live the way their religion dictates. Nothing wrong with that, unless your religion tells you that if a person disagrees with you they are an infidel.

actsnoblemartin
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I dont like everything about islam, but some things about it are ok

Yurt is correct, everything about the religion dictates how they act in their everyday lives. Much like the Amish, they dress and live the way their religion dictates. Nothing wrong with that, unless your religion tells you that if a person disagrees with you they are an infidel.