PDA

View Full Version : Bush says, "Leaks are not important enough for investigation"

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 06:52 PM
TOP BUSH OFFICIAL ADMITS WHITE HOUSE NEVER INVESTIGATED PLAME LEAK!!!!!!

Dr. James Knodell, director of the Office of Security at the White House, revealed today that there was no evidence that the White House ever ordered a probe, report, or sactions as a result of the Plame leak. "I have no knowledge of any investigation in my office," he said.

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) said he was "shocked" by Knodell's testimony, adding that the White House's lack of action was a "breach on top of a breach."

Knodell claimed the White House did not investigate because there was an outside investigation taking place. But Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) noted that the investigation "didn't start until months and months later, and (only) had the purpose of narrowly looking to see whether there was a criminal law violated." Waxman asked, "But there was an obligation for the White House to investigate whether classified information was being leaked inappropriately, wasn't there?" Knodell answered, "If that was the case, yes."

More: http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/16/white-house-plame-leak/

How do they fail, and more importantly, WHY do they fail?

jimnyc
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I must be blind, can you please point me to the quote used in the title of your post attributed to Bush?

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Did you read the article, jimnyc? What other conclusion can you determine?

I must be blind, can you please point me to the quote used in the title of your post attributed to Bush?

Really, I've read it over and over and I can find no other explanation for the absense of an investigation.

jimnyc
03-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Did you read the article, jimnyc? What other conclusion can you determine?

Really, I've read it over and over and I can find no other explanation for the absense of an investigation.

Yes, I did read the article you linked to, and I still didn't see the QUOTE you used. Pretty dishonest way to start a discussion if you ask me. You could just have easily gave your opinion in such a way without being dishonest.

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I certailnly did not mean to be dishonest, jimnyc. But I did intend for the readers to examine the content. If that is an infraction that you consider "dishonest" I suggest you include it in your rules page as I have seen it done and your board now includes countless infractions of similar and worse implications. I only rewrote the lead in from the article. I did not write the article or play any part in it and I did not mean to imply that I did.

Yes, I did read the article you linked to, and I still didn't see the QUOTE you used. Pretty dishonest way to start a discussion if you ask me. You could just have easily gave your opinion in such a way without being dishonest.

Just call me Psychobush from now on, OK? :laugh2:

03-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Why would the White House be investigating any crime, isn't that the Justice Department? And aren't you currently upset for Bush firing attorneys who weren't prosecuting cases like they should have been?

Finally, why would their be sanctions for a "leak" which was completely legal? Are we supposed to sanction people for not breaking the law? What did you expect them to do to Armitage?

CockySOB
03-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Last I checked, Fitzpatrick determined that no crime had been committed, right? And wasn't he the independent counsel appointed to investigate "Plame-gate?"

Kinda makes the title of the thread disingenuous at best, and partisan balderdash at worst.

Psychoblues
03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I will guarantee you that if a leak of that magnitude and consequense to the safety of any employee of mine was even itimated as having originated in MY office, I would not depend on the FBI, the CIA or anyone else to get to the bottom and the truth of it.

Why would the White House be investigating any crime, isn't that the Justice Department? And aren't you currently upset for Bush firing attorneys who weren't prosecuting cases like they should have been?

Finally, why would their be sanctions for a "leak" which was completely legal? Are we supposed to sanction people for not breaking the law? What did you expect them to do to Armitage?

The White House didn't consider an investigation necessary. Scooter Libby, a most very loyal employee is now a convicted felon. Could a White House investigation have cleared him? Valerie Plame, another most loyal and courageous American, now fears for her life, her family, the safety and security of all those with whom she dutifully cooperated whether American or not and the chances of her continued participation in the American Dream are like finished, nada and otherwise over with. Could a White House investigation have restored her to the complete civil servant, albeit covert or at least othersise credible, that she once very voluntarily was?

An internal investigation would have certainly happened in my office given these grave and overwhelming allegations as this particular case presents to us for desimination.