PDA

View Full Version : Pugnatious Bush Insist As White House Allies Retreat

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Arrogance or ignorance, you decide.

"President Bush is the main force holding up the resignation of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, GOP sources say tonight. CBS News reports:

Republicans close to the White House tell CBS News chief White House correspondent Jim Axelrod that President Bush is in “his usual posture: pugnacious, that no one is going to tell him who to fire.” But sources also said Gonzales’ firing is just a matter of time.
The White House is bracing for a weekend of criticism and more calls for Gonzales to go. One source tells CBS News he’s never seen the administration in such deep denial, and Republicans are growing increasingly restless for the president to take action.

Also tonight, CNN’s Suzanne Malveaux reported: “Wolf, I have to tell you, I’ve spoken to a lot of people who are friends of those here at the White House and GOP strategists. They want Gonzales gone. They’re putting a lot of pressure on this president. One of them said, look, Gonzales has a constituency of one, and that is the president. But tonight, Wolf, White House officials who I’ve spoken to say that that is exactly the person who’s saving his job, that the president does not intend to let him go.”

More: http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/16/pugnacious-bush-gonzales/

The ashamedness of this presidency will go on for decades and possibly centuries.

stephanie
03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
I think he should fire everybody, just to please you liberals and Democrats..

:cool:

03-17-2007, 02:21 AM
I think he should fire everybody, just to please you liberals and Democrats..

:cool:

how about he just fire the Democrats in his administration just to annoy them:) lol

stephanie
03-17-2007, 03:03 AM
how about he just fire the Democrats in his administration just to annoy them:) lol

Hey I like that better..:coffee:

Psychoblues
03-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Have you ever thought about just firing the crooks, thieves and liars? That would include most of the Republicans, don't you think?

Hey I like that better..:coffee:

Giving you the credit that all ignorance is entitled, I don't think that you think at all.

stephanie
03-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Have you ever thought about just firing the crooks, thieves and liars? That would include most of the Republicans, don't you think?

Giving you the credit that all ignorance is entitled, I don't think that you think at all.

Don't you think they should be tried and convicted first...Oh I forgot, that's not how you liberals work..:pee:

Psychoblues
03-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh yes, liberals work in strange and mysterious ways.

Don't you think they should be tried and convicted first...Oh I forgot, that's not how you liberals work..:pee:

That falsehood and others are repeated often in the converstaions and minds of the otherwise unenlightened.

Gaffer
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM

Firing all the democrats would get rid of all the crooks, thieves and liars.

CockySOB
03-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Firing all the democrats would get rid of all the crooks, thieves and liars.

Firing all the professional politicians would take care of that more completely.

Psychoblues
03-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Yep, CSOB, that'll bring balance and continuity to the government that has proven more resilent than any Democracy that has ever come before us.

Firing all the professional politicians would take care of that more completely.

You just pretending? Or are you actually an idiot?

Have another Scotch, single malt or otherwise, on me, pal!!!!!