PDA

View Full Version : Obama allies warn GOP to back off attacks.

stephanie
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
because they've been so clean so far...:cow:

By CHARLES BABINGTON – 20 minutes ago

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Barack Obama's allies warn that John McCain's attacks on the Democrat'a character will lead to the political equivalent of mutual assured destruction: fire your big weapon at your own peril.

Several Obama surrogates said his supporters may start reminding voters of McCain's ties to Charles Keating, a convicted savings and loan owner whose actions two decades ago triggered a Senate ethics investigation that involved McCain as one of the "Keating Five."

The warnings of massive retaliation came as McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, took on the role of attacker and said that Obama sees America as so imperfect "that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She was referring to an early Obama supporter, 1960s radical Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground whose members were blamed for several bombings when Obama was a child.

Obama has denounced Ayer's radical views and activities. But he's not above questioning McCain's character with loaded words.

On Sunday Obama unveiled a TV ad on the economy that paints McCain was "erratic in a crisis" — a not-subtle suggestion that McCain's age, 72, might be an issue.

Democrats were well-synchronized Sunday, using the word "erratic" and Keating's name in nearly-matching sentences across the talk show circuit.

"This is going to be a month, I think, of character assassination," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., an Obama supporter, said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Indeed, McCain adviser Greg Strimple predicted in "a very aggressive last 30 days" of the campaign.

"We are looking forward to turning a page on this financial crisis and getting back to discussing Mr. Obama's aggressively liberal record and how he will be too risky for Americans," he said in a recent conference call with reporters.

read the rest..
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD93KH8282

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
because they've been so clean so far...:cow:

By CHARLES BABINGTON – 20 minutes ago

ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Barack Obama's allies warn that John McCain's attacks on the Democrat'a character will lead to the political equivalent of mutual assured destruction: fire your big weapon at your own peril.

Several Obama surrogates said his supporters may start reminding voters of McCain's ties to Charles Keating, a convicted savings and loan owner whose actions two decades ago triggered a Senate ethics investigation that involved McCain as one of the "Keating Five."

The warnings of massive retaliation came as McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, took on the role of attacker and said that Obama sees America as so imperfect "that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She was referring to an early Obama supporter, 1960s radical Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground whose members were blamed for several bombings when Obama was a child.

Obama has denounced Ayer's radical views and activities. But he's not above questioning McCain's character with loaded words.

On Sunday Obama unveiled a TV ad on the economy that paints McCain was "erratic in a crisis" — a not-subtle suggestion that McCain's age, 72, might be an issue.

Democrats were well-synchronized Sunday, using the word "erratic" and Keating's name in nearly-matching sentences across the talk show circuit.

"This is going to be a month, I think, of character assassination," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., an Obama supporter, said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

Indeed, McCain adviser Greg Strimple predicted in "a very aggressive last 30 days" of the campaign.

"We are looking forward to turning a page on this financial crisis and getting back to discussing Mr. Obama's aggressively liberal record and how he will be too risky for Americans," he said in a recent conference call with reporters.

read the rest..
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD93KH8282

What McCain needs to do through surrogates, since the MSM certainly won't help him, is remind the public that the Keating '5' had been investigated, McCain exonerated. He has apologized more for this bad relationship than seems humanely possible. He has become one of the strictest senators regarding banking, in fact, warning about Fannie/Freddie quite a bit before even the economists.

There's no 'there' there.

Now Obama and associates:

1. No apologies.
2. Ties to current crisis regarding banking, two of the front and center are or have been Obama consultants.
3. Obama, even this year, spoke of Fannie and Freddie in glowing terms.
4. Obama's ties to revolutionaries is way back, no thanks to GOP or McCain, but that is now established thanks to Kurtz.
5. The association with Wright was hammered to a degree, but dropped. When there are so many quotes that tie with him in Barack's autobiographies, nail him.

namvet
10-05-2008, 03:30 PM
but its ok for them to do it. right

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 03:37 PM

:confused: Stephanie and I are both saying that McCain should hit Obama.

namvet
10-05-2008, 03:45 PM
:confused: Stephanie and I are both saying that McCain should hit Obama.

Barack Obama's allies warn that John McCain's attacks on the Democrat'a character will lead to the political equivalent of mutual assured destruction: fire your big weapon at your own peril.

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM

Do what? I'm confused on your posts, assuming I know your political take.

stephanie
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Do what? I'm confused on your posts, assuming I know your political take.

I believe he's saying...it's ok for the Obambam to tear down others character.

at least that's what I'm getting from his post...

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM

That's what I'm confused by, both of us are arguing for McCain to take Obama on, regarding character.

stephanie
10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
That's what I'm confused by, both of us are arguing for McCain to take Obama on, regarding character.

I think he agrees with us, hopefully he'll clear this up for us...:laugh2:

anyway, I wonder if these types of threats from the Obambam and his brown shirts and jackboots will cause McCain to back down..time will tell..but I sure hope they don't...We can not let these people get away with threatening, intimidating , our rights to Freedom of Speech..

Kathianne
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I think he agrees with us, hopefully he'll clear this up for us...:laugh2:

anyway, I wonder if these types of threats from the Obambam and his brown shirts and jackboots will cause McCain to back down..time will tell..but I sure hope they don't...We can not let these people get away with threatening, intimidating , our rights to Freedom of Speech..

Agreed. We may not agree on the messages to be sent all the time, but we do on the final deal. :cheers2:

namvet
10-05-2008, 05:10 PM

that's what im saying !!!!! jez

stephanie
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
that's what im saying !!!!! jez

well jezzz...thanks for drawing that out and finally clearing it up..:slap::laugh2: