View Full Version : Sarah Palin's nod to extra-credit wows kids

stephanie
10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Gov. Palin is one class act..:clap:

BY NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Updated Sunday, October 5th 2008, 12:02 PM

Richards/Getty

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin at Thursday night's vice presidential debate.
Little Addie Williams couldn't believe the ears that hold up her tiny glasses when Gov. Sarah Palin mentioned Gladys Wood Elementary during Thursday night's debate.

Williams is a Gladys Wood third-grader whose teacher happens to be Palin's brother Chuck Heath Jr.

"I jumped out of my seat. I was so happy. It made me feel happy inside," Williams, 8, told the Daily News. "It made me feel special."

She said nearly all of her 25 classmates at the Anchorage, Alaska, school raised their hands Friday morning when asked if they had watched the debate. They were offered the extra credit points Palin promised if they wrote about the verbal jousting match in their journals.

"I think she is a good role model for me," Williams said of Palin. "I do believe in myself. I want to go to Princeton. I want to be the President of the United States."

It was the first debate she had ever watched, Williams said. Her "favorite moment" was hearing she'd get extra credit.

"I had absolutely no idea. I was definitely touched," Palin's brother told The News, admitting it wasn't the first time she had surprised him. "She met my students the day she flew to Ohio for the announcement. She stopped by the classroom, and I had no idea she was heading to Ohio for such a big deal."

Heath, who's on leave at the moment, stopped by his classroom Friday to make sure his students were concentrating on their work in the face of so many distractions.

"They were all really excited. They were wishing they could vote," he said.

"The kids did a live radio show for some deejays who spoke to the class altogether. It's all pretty cute," Principal Jennifer Schmitz said.

came from and a couple of snarky comments..
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/10/04/2008-10-04_sarah_palins_nod_to_extracredit_wows_kid.html

-Cp
10-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Gov. Palin is one class act..:clap:

AND INCREDIBLY HOT!

stephanie
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
AND INCREDIBLY HOT!

I'll agree with ya there..

and no, I'm not into women...:laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I'll agree with ya there..

and no, I'm not into women...:laugh2:

for us straight women, we call those girl-crushes. :)

Noir
10-06-2008, 12:49 PM
just goes to show some of the diffences in politics, a story like this would never happen in the uk, justa wee quirk

midcan5
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
just goes to show some of the diffences in politics, a story like this would never happen in the uk, justa wee quirk

Sentimental slop! The same people who feel all mushy over the mention of the little dorks, praised shock and awe, you figure it out. In one case, a wink and nod and the other a bomb and a death. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I'd think it was fiction. Someday future people will look back as we do on the dark ages and wonder.

"Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness." Blaise Pascal

krisy
10-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Sentimental slop! The same people who feel all mushy over the mention of the little dorks, praised shock and awe, you figure it out. In one case, a wink and nod and the other a bomb and a death. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I'd think it was fiction. Someday future people will look back as we do on the dark ages and wonder.

"Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness." Blaise Pascal

Uhhhhh...real nice:slap:

They're just little kids that were excited to be mentioned on national television....geese.

I guess Liberals only have feelings when it benefits them.

Sitarro
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Uhhhhh...real nice:slap:

They're just little kids that were excited to be mentioned on national television....geese.

I guess Liberals only have feelings when it benefits them.

Yea, they think that creepy, awful Obammy song...... Hollywood produced and written and sung by propagandized little kids was cute...... they love a fake world.