PDA

View Full Version : Blumentahal: All Roads Lead To Rove

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 09:56 PM
It’s not about the lies, is it? It’s about the “Rule of Law, blowjobs and all that other crap, ain’t it?

“The Bush administration's first instinct was to shield Karl Rove from scrutiny when Congress began inquiring about the unusual firings of eight U.S. attorneys. Among the replacements, the proposed new U.S. attorney for Arkansas happened to be one of Rove's most devoted underlings, his head of opposition research, Tim Griffin, who boasted during the 2000 presidential election about the effectiveness of the negative campaign against Al Gore: "We make the bullets!" Griffin also posted a sign in his department at Bush headquarters: "Rain hell on Al!" A letter written by the Department of Justice in late February informed Congress: "The department is not aware of Karl Rove playing any role in the decision to appoint Mr. Griffin." Despite this categorical disavowal, a sheaf of internal Justice Department e-mails released this week to Congress under subpoena revealed Kyle Sampson, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' chief of staff, writing in mid-December 2006, "I know getting him appointed was important to Harriet, Karl, etc." Harriet, of course, was Harriet Miers, then the White House legal counsel.

(snip)

This effort began two generations ago with Richard Nixon's drive to forge an imperial presidency, using extralegal powers of government to aggrandize unaccountable power in the executive and destroy political opposition. Nixon was thwarted in the Watergate scandal. We will never know his full malevolent intentions, but we do know that in the aftermath of the 1972 election he wanted to remake the executive branch to create what the Bush administration now calls a "unitary executive." Nixon later explained his core doctrine: "When the president does it, that means it's not illegal." Karl Rove is the rightful heir to Nixonian politics. His first notice in politics occurred as a witness before the Senate Watergate Committee. From Nixon to Bush, Rove is the single continuous character involved in the tactics and strategy of political subterfuge.”

More: http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2007/03/15/rove_attorneys/index_np.html

Give it all a good ass whuppin’ or consider your own ass whupped and whupped good.

stephanie
03-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it's great that these Democrats are carrying on all these witch hunts..

It's showing the American people just what we could expect if the took over the White house in 2009...

Whoo hoo.......Keep on trucking Dems......:cool:

Dilloduck
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM

It's showing the American people just what we could expect if the took over the White house in 2009...

I know---they're trying to catch people doing things for political reasons !!!!

Psychoblues
03-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Well,,,,,,it beats the hell out of chasing blowjobs in 1998. I think the country deserves more than that.

Keep your head up, staphy, and bobbing for apples ain't what it used to be. Dig it?

stephanie
03-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Well,,,,,,it beats the hell out of chasing blowjobs in 1998. I think the country deserves more than that.

Keep your head up, staphy, and bobbing for apples ain't what it used to be. Dig it?

:uhoh:

Psychoblues
03-18-2007, 06:36 PM
You don't get it, most others do, and I can't help you on that issue, Staphy.

:uhoh:

Do more reading and less trying to be funny and you might begin to be taken credibly.

stephanie
03-18-2007, 06:43 PM
:lol: Now that was funny...

Psychoblues
03-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Why, thank you, staphy.

:lol: Now that was funny...

But not nearly as funny as anything you have said so far in this otherwise discerning conversation.

stephanie
03-19-2007, 11:50 PM
:uhoh: :lol:

Psychoblues
03-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Blumenthal: All Roads Lead to Rove. Got anything to add to that?

:uhoh: :lol:

So far you've been just silly. Seriously, do you have anything to add or subtract from the statements made to the allegations of Blumentahal that "All Roads Lead To Rove?"